Big Smogon Mafia Mafia (BIGinner) - Day %

This wasn't a beginner game though. If I recall correctly, the prefix tag had little to do with the game itself. Maybe I should've waited for a standard, maybe it would've been much better if I didn't talk to anyone. The damage was done though. Hopefully I'm not so careless in the next game, whenever/if I decide to play again. :/

At least we can all agree on this? ^

This wasn't a beginner game though. If I recall correctly, the prefix tag had little to do with the game itself. Maybe I should've waited for a standard, maybe it would've been much better if I didn't talk to anyone. The damage was done though. Hopefully I'm not so careless in the next game, whenever/if I decide to play again. :/

At least we can all agree on this? ^
Not talking is just as bad as talking wrong, you can be evasive but that in itself is a communication skill too. Just be careful in the things you say and double check your moves :) Everyone needs practice and I'm sure this taught you the value of care.

Props to jumpluff for being the first person I've seen actively try to help/give advice to a new player.

(So this doesn't come off as passive aggressive, I will mention that I'm sure a lot more advice is given over IRC where I wouldn't see it while reading through game threads.)

To be fair, my team did give me quite a bit of advice. I was warned about this kind of mistake early on in the game, which I guess is why it shouldn't have happened. :T

But, I've devised a way to remind myself to check copy/pastes from now on. :D

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
I'm in Thailand right now posting this from my iPad:
spiresquire I think that it's good that you are and were being active. I think being active is much more beneficial rather than signing up and sitting around. At least if you make mistakes you are called out for it and you can learn from them. As long as you actually learn or make an attempt to, you will be able to be more likely to identify that down the road and prevent yourself from screwing up again.

In regards to game structure, this wasn't a beginner game. I just used that prefix because there were no prefixes for big games.

I also think that the neutral wc we used was not hard after seeing it in action. In theory, it could have been difficult to pull off, and even then there are things I could have done to make it tougher. We just didn't know for sure what to expect since it wasn't a clear-cut win condition like in most games as there were a lot of variables that could make it work or fail. Also DLE and I were fully prepared to see people upset at the win condition since it isn't a normal thing in mafia games.

That's what made it fun for us I think, as hosts. You could say this was a little experiment we put together and we tested out a role that was a variable. The other factions were our constant, and if things worked the way we hypothesized, either the neutrals would come out being super op or they would easily be weak.

Anyways that's a short summary of my thoughts. I plan on typing out more for the actual post game when I come back from Thailand. I know this game had a lot of ups and downs, but I hope everyone had a tiny bit of fun. Even if it was only a minute amount, it is something I strive towards.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)