Social The Smogon Photo Album

Don Honchkrorleone

Happy Qwilfish the nightmare
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus

Bleh, I haven't posted on this site for a while and that's the reason why, not that anyone matters and I care anyway. Getting a Masters degree is sometimes a dick and the event above (happened on April 26th) was the first part of aid journey: the qualification exam, where my advisor and two invited professors judge me and whatever I've been writing for the past year to see if I'm worth continuing pursuing that degree or not. It was really stressful, especially because I'm shy asf but everything worked out well.

Also, my hair is awful in those pics. I miss my mullet and I am too fat :'(

Last edited:

Tokyo Tom

Somewhere between psychotic and iconic
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

A bunch of guys from the Canadian WCOP team met up in Toronto yesterday after a long time of planning. Thanks to everyone who made it (special mention to Jirachee, who drove in from Montreal)! Here's a somewhat blurry picture of the everyone at Union Station; from left to right, FAJI, Jirachee, Always!, osgoode, Evan., Genesis7, and me.

It was great meeting everyone (p. surreal actually, only my second time meeting anyone from Smogon), and hopefully we'll have one of these again in the near future!

Last edited:

Aaron's Aron

A concussion update in my info tab

A bunch of guys from the Canadian WCOP team met up in Toronto yesterday after a long time of planning. Thanks to everyone who made it (special mention to Jirachee, who drove in from Montreal)! Here's a somewhat blurry picture of the everyone at Union Station; from left to right, FAJI, Jirachee, Always!, osgoode, Evan., Genesis7, and me.

It was great meeting everyone (p. surreal actually, only my second time meeting anyone from Smogon), and hopefully we'll have one of these again in the near future!
Jirachee drove to Toronto from Montreal? Sounds like his car was destroyed and he walked home.

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
GatoDelFuego, shaymin and I had our own mini smocon meet-up today! Gato was in Orlando for some job interviews so we decided to just meet up and hang out. Shaymin lives close by, so why not? This was my first time meeting Gato and second time meeting shaymin. We wanted Stellar to come join us too but he was busy or didn't want to but that was ok.

We went to the mall and it was kind of a small and abandoned mall so we hit every place a few times. Gato really really wanted me to play Advance Wars: Dual Strike, which wasn't in the used games case, so we talked to the guy and he ran it in the computer and we found out we could get a used copy shipped to my house. Except like the dude was out of printer and was lazy so we decided to come back in an hour while he set up the new printer.

There were some cool plushes on our way out. Gato wanted to give Cathy a shoutout for creating luvdiscs

Afterward, shaymin arrived so we all met up to eat (well apparently everyone else already ate so I ate alone and they both drank...)

So we just chilled in the food court and talked about a lot of Smogon drama and such, fun times with Briyella, Snobalt, and such. And then that kinda transitioned into talking about politics which was also fun.

I thought The Dutch Plumberjack would get a kick out of this sign:

After eating and talking for a while we hit the arcade where we took a sunglasses photo but liek, we forgot to do the famous Gato pose so we ended up retaking one later.

Gato played this game where you use succ (tion) and blowing to try to keep a ball balanced in an ascending and descending green LED and if you hit the red LED you lose. Anyway he like did really well and got 100 tickets.

He made it look easy though. Shaymin and I both fucking wiped out in the first 5 seconds though shaymin tried again and got down to the final 5 seconds but alas.

stupid dog game ripoff thing

Shaymin and I then went head to head on this basketball game. There were three hoops, but Gato was being a puss and said he didn't like basketball so we just did 1 on 1.

stupid flappy bird ripoff thing. if you got like 450 or something you get like 1000 tickets or something? but idk

stupid batman racing game i just wanted to fight bane but I died on like stage 2/10 or something

Then we all ran out of credits which was really sad because we never got to play the crane thing. I really wanted to win Cookie the Raptor =(

we got in to see Hamilton

At the prize place, the worker who looked like Michael B. Jordan was really nice and let me get a 35 ticket-worth Fun Dip even though I only had like 25 tickets or something. Maybe he felt bad because nobody could get the Jurassic Park game working after we had asked. Got a green fun dip that I thought was blue raspberry but it wasn't so they let me change it out for the red cherry one.

Gato had like 135 tickets because he won that stupid fucking LED game. He was thinking of getting a ring for his girlfriend but like all the month/birth stones were wrong or something? anyway he got a lot of shit and then we all decided to get matching bracelets

Not entirely sure why, maybe it was just because the worker was so nice to us, but I decided to tell him that we all knew each other from the internet and we were meeting up for the first time. He asked if we meant from Xbox Live or something, so we said no and explained to him what Smogon was and what we all do there and even how casuals really hate us. He checked it out on his phone and thought it was really cool so I'm glad we shared it with him.

On the way out, Gato told us that he found Redew at the mall and shaymin and I were both kind of surprised and incredulous. He told us that Redew's mission was in Orlando so he showed up here.

Turns out it was all a setup to a really shitty meme prank which I guess we should have expected considering it was Gato. But I guess we didn't expect him to be such a shitlord in real life as he was online :pirate:

the joke is that they have the same name

We came back to GameStop to see if the printer was fixed and there was a new guy there. Anyway he needed my address and stuff and my email and like he, Gato, and even the guy behind me laughed at my silly email address and suggested I get a new one =(

Saw a nice Charizard...plaque? Woodcut? Not sure what the word for it is. But I really wanted to get it, because as my Battle Spot friends know, Charizard is my favorite meme. But I was quite low on the cash so I didn't get it. Pretty cool though.

We went to this store called Anime King (which also had KPop and stuff) and before we went in I warned them that it wasn't actual Japanese stuff, everything in there was a Chinese knockoff. They kinda figured that out on their own too when everything said "Made in China" and did not have the official Pokemon logos. Every time they said that something looked a little weird, I reminded them that everything was a Chinese knockoff, and it became somewhat of a running gag.

Despite all the fakeness, there were a few items that looked somewhat nice. Like all the badges from Gen 1-6 (I think excluding BW2? not sure honestly). Anyway we pointed out which ones were Smogon badges and then Shaymin and Gato decided to figure out what each badge was in-game and which gym leader gave it to you which I found tedious and boring but they really were into it and liked it for some reason so whatever I guess.

On the left, for FellFromtheSky, on the right, for CryoGyro

We headed back to Hot Topic in the latter hours because I really wanted to get this Mimikyu shirt that I had snapchatted to the Battle Spot guys earlier and they all insisted I buy it. They had a promotion for buy one, get one 50% off (because this mall is desolate and going out of business) but still, kind of on a budget so I didn't wanna get another even at half off. I was considering a Weylund Corporation shirt that Gato also wanted to get. There was only one in the Large size so we were kinda deciding who would get it but we ended up both not wanting it because the sleeves were sewed in kind of an off spot which was uncomfortable. I also considered a Gyarados shirt but like I already have 2 Pokemon shirts so I don't really need more.

I also got this Digimon mystery box thing for like 4 bucks (30% off because of the BOGO thing) and like it was the few pieces of Digimon merchandise that was still being sold in America so why not? Turned out it was Palmon but Gato kept thinking it was Maractus. Pretty cool but I really wanted to get Agumon =(

Anyway it was about time to wrap up so we were getting ready to part ways. We did this stupid as fuck wristband power thing lol. Gato joked that we should get a marker and mark our hands like in the first episode of Yu-Gi-Oh.

So then I decided to try on my new Mimikyu shirt

Anyway after that we were gonna bounce, so we decided to take a group photo with the classic Gato shades selfie pose. We got two good ones here, I think!

On the way out we had to grab this pic for brightobject because he has been meming this one hard for the past few weeks.

After that we just sat outside and talked as I waited to get picked up. We talked about school and stuff, what our theses are going to be about and other such fun things like that. Then I had realized I hadn't played my Harmonica yet so I took it out and played "I Play Pokemon Go Everyday" because Gato is like the only person still playing Pokemon Go. And on his request I also played fucking Snow Halation. It was bad.

And then finally around 6:30 I got picked up and went home and then got on my computer and wrote all this up. It was a really fun and great day. Gato and Shaymin were both kinda nervous about meeting each other because they never really talked much to each other on Smogon and weren't really friends much. But I assured them I'd make sure everything was chill and fun and honestly they really got along great, even when I wasn't around. Turns out talking about Smogon drama is an extremely good icebreaker. So all in all we three had a lot of fun! Thanks for reading, I hope you all enjoyed this little story.

Went to Toronto VGC Regionals and met some Smogoners on Sunday.

Selfie w/ Zygarde Core plush I bought at the merch station. Layell and I arrived at the hotel after lunchtime and met up with blarajan. King UU, who was supposed to be there, texted us last minute saying he couldn't make it because he forgot it was Mother's Day. That made Layell and I the de facto tour guides for everyone else from out of town.

Taking the subway to downtown Toronto. From left to right: Celestavian (aka Hawkstar), Alberto, blarajan, Nails, Layell (off camera: RODAN). Everyone from out of town was convinced that the International Plaza Hotel was about three miles away from downtown. Layell and I had to explain that that wasn't the case (more like 10-12 miles). Around this time, blara told a story of almost meeting @v at the Boston Worlds (with the almost shooting), until v realized that he couldn't get through security because his backpack was full of weed.

Dining at the Eaton Centre food court. Shortly thereafter, RODAN said good-bye and we met up with Seaco, who wasn't in any of the pics I took, unfortunately. We walked past City Hall and down Queen St. West to Chinatown and Kensington Market before ending the day with dinner and drinks at a Tex-Mex restaurant called Sneaky Dee's.

Aaron's Aron

A concussion update in my info tab
Jirachee drove to Toronto from Montreal? Sounds like his car was destroyed and he walked home.
It's a sports joke... Cause the Canadiens-Maple Leafs rivalry is one of the greatest in all of sports... You know, like the Yankees-Red Sox (MLB), Ohio State-Michigan (NCAA FB), Xavier-UC (NCAA BB), Duke-North Carolina (NCAA BB), Canadiens-Bruins (NHL)?

/me sighs
:pensive:

Where are the sports people on this site?

had a bunch of fun in Toronto last weekend with Layell princessofmusic RODAN Pilo King UU Nails Seaco CaliSweeper Celestavian

shoutouts to pom and layell to showing us around the city, to rodan for being as much of a god as i expected, and to king uu for bailing on us on sunday

HUGE what the fuck to team canada for NOT MEETING US WHEN WE WERE HAVING A SMOGON MEET UP IN TORONTO ON THE SAME GODDAMN DAY WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK GUYS

Last edited:

Holiday

on my best behavior
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
a fun little story

I'd be lying if I said I knew exactly when Berks and I became friends but I'm really glad we did. Funny, plays LC, always a pleasure to talk to. Really a quality human being. Didn't think I'd actually make such a great friend from Smogon but I thought wrong.

As any not poor white person would do, Berks got senior pictures and made graduation invitations. Of course I lowkey wanted one, despite the fact I live about 1,800 miles away (my Tennessee to his Utah) so I did what any logical human being would do and slid into the DMs.

FullSizeRender(5).jpg

phone dead af lmaooo

I actually didn't think anything of it but he sent me a snap of him mailing it so I played the waiting game for a few days until...

IMG_6800(1).JPG

IMG_6801(1).JPG

I took like 3 pictures from my actual graduation that will prolly go up in another post sometime later but yeah good job bud! Proud friend, always gotta gas up squad accomplishments.

Oh, and about that bomb?

FullSizeRender(7).jpg

I couldn't read the rolls but just know it was an OHKO against my estate regardless ://

e: prolly right click the pics if you actually wanna view the images lol

Ok I haven't done this before and I thought to myself its about time smogon has to know bout him.

As some of you may already know I spent my last week in Porto, Portugal bc we did some sort of language trip or whatever u all that shit i guess.
So I decided to share some pics and a final surprise.

I don't remember when I took that pic because it seems like I was stoned and drunk as fuck (never buy weed in portugal that shit is actually horrible tastes like u r smoking glue)

I went to the church the same day and I wish I actually realized what was going because the church was actually amazing and gold was everywhere alas.

Me and my best friend about to go clubbing, which I highly recommend if u decided to go to porto for some reason. the clubs r fucking lit, however the girls r the whackest ive ever met.

Me with some fucking bird thta chased me the whole time i swear he just wouldnt let go even if i tried very hard to. at the end we became friends though he even let me pat him and we took that beautiful picture together.

= me thinking about suicide.
= me performing suicide

Nuff said.

Just wonderful view I hve been enjoyign the whole vacation. The water is so fucking cold but its vry refreshing and relaxing.

By far my favorite picture. Not do I only look super handsome on that the view is also just perfect omg.

Ye I'm sunburnt as fuck as you can see in my face. Imagine that over my whole body it just hurts a lot and I look like Mr. Krabs.

NOW LADIES AND GENTLEMEN IM HAPPY TO ANNOUNCE THE GRANDE FINALE

Me and my great friend Pearl decided to meet up as he wasn't living far away from where I used to hang out :D We met and we drank a couple don't mind his dracula suit, even if it looks warm it was actually cold as shit and windy bop.

So there you have it the two cutest smogon users united one 1 pic. Hope we didnt disappoint.

Pce.

a fun little story

I'd be lying if I said I knew exactly when Berks and I became friends but I'm really glad we did. Funny, plays LC, always a pleasure to talk to. Really a quality human being. Didn't think I'd actually make such a great friend from Smogon but I thought wrong.

As any not poor white person would do, Berks got senior pictures and made graduation invitations. Of course I lowkey wanted one, despite the fact I live about 1,800 miles away (my Tennessee to his Utah) so I did what any logical human being would do and slid into the DMs.

View attachment 82437
phone dead af lmaooo

I actually didn't think anything of it but he sent me a snap of him mailing it so I played the waiting game for a few days until...

I took like 3 pictures from my actual graduation that will prolly go up in another post sometime later but yeah good job bud! Proud friend, always gotta gas up squad accomplishments.

Oh, and about that bomb?

View attachment 82442
I couldn't read the rolls but just know it was an OHKO against my estate regardless ://

e: prolly right click the pics if you actually wanna view the images lol
Why do you only have like 18 health? Lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)