Smogon Premier League II - Week 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I think the fight was not fair, he can do that already trade the ability to dugtrio was wrong, but if he wants to win this way, it's okay to get the win I would play again.

If I lost it a clean fight and fun

if you gain would be fair and fun

remembering the fun and play, but okay, in the next matches. I'll play just as the rule.

Rules :

ADV OU

• All matches must be played on Netbattle Supremacy.

I'm not trying to undo what I lost, I lost to last year GigaPush.

But then I won another match and lost in the finals for the G80 in fair fights.

Now Sapientia has benefited from the bugs in the Pokemon online

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
ADV OU

• All matches must be played on Netbattle Supremacy.
From LN directly: 5. Rule Breaking – There is no excuse for breaking any of the predetermined rules. If you are caught breaking a rule, you will lose your match. There is no lenience with regards to this. Break a rule, you lose. Period. It's in this thread:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3215414&highlight=rules#post3215414

This isn't about kael agreeing to do it on PO. Note spl already doesn't allow you to break rules even they are predetermined; look at making matches early.

This is about before that. Sharks knowingly put someone into ADV, sapientia, who couldn't play on the required simulator.

That's what this is about. First step. Kael should never have been put in the position in the first place.

Sharks knowingly put someone who couldn't play on the required simulator into ADV, and therefore should either be forced to lose ADV or take a rematch with someone on NBS, as stated by the rules.

Talk all you want, but the first indiscretion, in chronological order, was made by the sharks by putting someone who couldn't adhere to the clearly stated rules in that slot.

EDIT: for more examples of how it doesn't matter whether or not you agree, and how rules are rules:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2750051&postcount=142

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2750277&postcount=145

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
blah blah sore losers blah blah

Here are all the posts that I could find related to the battle timeout fiasco last season and the subsequent ruling.

LonelyNess said:
We decided to not be cut and dry with regards to the timer rule, because EW asked if he could time out BEFORE he timed out, and Phyres said "yes", which could be considered entrapment into breaking the rules.

In the future though: battle timeout isn't a rule that's there for shits and giggles, it is there for a reason. If you time out, you lose.
Aeolus said:
Now I post as the relevant administrator of tournaments..... BATTLE TIMEOUT IS A RULE FOR A REASON. If you go over, you lose. I understand that this may have been unclear from the rules of this tournament and support the decisions of the hosts... but going forward... none of this nonsense will be tolerated. I'm getting fed up with the crazy antics some people try to play. Do not expect mercy from me or anyone else if you think you are clever enough to game the rules. You will not receive a favorable outcome.
I think this last post (the original post found in the Smogon Premier League Format thread) speaks for itself.

5. Rule Breaking – There is no excuse for breaking any of the predetermined rules. If you are caught breaking a rule, you will lose your match. There is no lenience with regards to this. Break a rule, you lose. Period.
I hate that an otherwise clean week was ruined at the last minute. I hold no ill will towards makiri (I LOVE YOU) or MoP, I would just like to see an informed ruling issued by the tournament staff or LonelyNess.

aldaron's logic is sound. The players don't get to redetermine the rules of the tournament. I'll see what LN has to say about it.

I loaded the team I was going to use vs mien but it did not successfully load, so yeah. gg
Quite unfortunate, all you had to do was click 'load team' before the match started.

Nonetheless the game was nearly hax free and was quite close, gg

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
5. Rule Breaking – There is no excuse for breaking any of the predetermined rules. If you are caught breaking a rule, you will lose your match. There is no lenience with regards to this. Break a rule, you lose. Period.

Well it looks like to me that by playing on PO, not only did Sap break the rule, but Kael did as well. So the logical decision according to this rule is to simply Disqualify them both. If that's the case, then Sharks still win in a close 5-4 upset.

<3

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Actually no. When a rule is broken, first of all, it isn't an immediate disqualification. The circumstances are considered, and in this case, if it is truly determined that both kael and sapientia are equally at fault, it would be a rematch, not a voiding of the match lol (that doesn't even make sense).

However, that is not the problem. The problem is that either:

a.) Sapientia knowingly put himself into adv and didn't tell you, and therefore should himself be disqualified prior to any talks with kaell

b.) Sharks knew he couldn't, and went ahead with breaking a rule. In that case, sharks would be forced to forfeit the slot.

It's chronology stonecold; your best options are rematch with someone who can play on nbs (case a), or forfeit the slot (case b).

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Last season when the players both agreed to break a rule, the match was replayed.

There is no precedent for entirely voiding the match in this scenario.

I think anyone can see what is going on here pretty easily: Aldaron and the Alpha Ruiners don't have faith in the rest of their team to make up for this loss. Shame.

Sapientia

Wir knutschen
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
kael asked me if I want to battle on nb or po, so it was HIS idea to battle on po.

And please stop embarrassing yourself, you are worse criers than reyscarface and if you cannot lose, stop this game :x

Actually there is no working Netbattle Supremacy Download (as the one I found turned out to be invalid), so I have to ask why am I forced to battle on a simulator you cannot download anywhere on the internet? And why am I forced to battle on a specific simulator? This just causes problems, but has no advantage. I have a lot of experience in hosting tournaments and I always allowed people to play on any simulator they want as long it has the right mechanics, they can even use their link cable if the battle gets done.

This is also a completly other case than timeout because this is a rule, that's only sense is to fullfill this rule.

Aldaron

geriatric
This is honestly so cut and dry that there is no point in continuing. Rules are rules.

If we for a moment ignore that sapientia volunteered himself to play for adv knowing he couldn't play on nbs (this is grounds for a forfeit of that slot btw), and if we for a moment ignore everything and just place equal blame on both kael and sapientia for playing on PO, the bottom line is that a rematch has to take place on nbs.

It's in the rules, and it's already established precedent that players cannot pre agree to break the rules.

Cut and dry. Simple. Rematch on nbs.

Have a nice day.

Sapientia

Wir knutschen
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
This is honestly so cut and dry that there is no point in continuing. Rules are rules.

If we for a moment ignore that sapientia volunteered himself to play for adv knowing he couldn't play on nbs (this is grounds for a forfeit of that slot btw), and if we for a moment ignore everything and just place equal blame on both kael and sapientia for playing on PO, the bottom line is that a rematch has to take place on nbs.

It's in the rules, and it's already established precedent that players cannot pre agree to break the rules.

Cut and dry. Simple. Rematch on nbs.

Have a nice day.
When I signed up my NetBattle worked perfectly - then my PC chrashed and NetBattle got deleted. I struggeld to find a download link and finally found one and though it works, as the Teambuilder worked perfectly. My misstake was that I did not try if I can go online, I admit that!

And you are sore loser, I would not care and give my opponent the win in your situation.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Quite unfortunate, all you had to do was click 'load team' before the match started.

Nonetheless the game was nearly hax free and was quite close, gg

You issued a challenge moments before I loaded my team (the team I had set for this match), yet the account you challenged was the team I was forced to use.

gg anyways man and sorry team ; (

JabbaTheGriffin

Stormblessed
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
getting away from all this stupid drama, is there a reason that the rules states you MUST play on nbs?

i'm still a little foggy on what's wrong with adv on PO, since i've personally never had any problems with it. wouldn't it make more sense to make nbs the default and say that if both players agree they can play on PO at their own risk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)