Smogon Premier League II - Week 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sorry, but that is simply unacceptable. I absolutely do not accept LN's ability to make these decisions for several reasons. I did not approve of him making any decisions before the season started and I still don't, I let it go when a TD assured me that Mekkah will be making every decision in terms of rulings. However, since I simply don't want to call him out in public, I do not want to disclose them here, I will in pm or in our SPL channel if you wish though. If you are unable to commit the time to SPL then I would like a 3rd commissioner to make these activity calls...

Ok, excuse me if this is a little bit unprofessional, but honestly, who the fuck do you think you are? You don't like that you're not getting what you want so you're going to call me biased? Really?

This is not a case that involves ANY bias. The rules are cut and dry. It explicitly says in the format: "If you break a rule, you lose". You're lucky that I am strictly adhering to the rules rather than taking things on a case by case basis, because let's be honest, if I was making exceptions (I'm not, sharks, so let this end here.), you would not have a leg to stand on. Kael broke a rule. Sapientia broke a rule. They both lose, end of story.

And as far as being biased in other rulings, I go OUT OF MY WAY to be as unbiased as possible, to the detriment of my own teams even! If the bad ass incident last year (where he exploited a known glitch) had happened to ANYONE else in the tournament, I can guarantee you that the ruling would have been different. I fucking DARE you to find an instance where I have been biased. You won't find it. Just because you don't like a ruling, doesn't mean it isn't the correct ruling.

And to Aldaron: I poorly chose my words when I said "precedent", I meant to say that I am strictly adhering to the rules put forth, as said in the posts that stellar linked to (where I say that from here on out, rules are rules, and if you break them you lose).

Also to Articuno64: the rule change was going to be announced at the beginning of the next week. Battles were done earlier this week with team preview before it was discovered that team preview was not part of VGC, so it would not be fair to change the rules in the middle of the week, and I'm not going to force rematches.

Gouki

nice times all the times
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusdefeated the Smogon Frontieris a Past SPL Champion
stellar should be ashamed, aldaron should continue business as usual. loki's rolling over in his grave

Scofield

Ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhh, Kate.......
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Ok, excuse me if this is a little bit unprofessional, but honestly, who the fuck do you think you are? You don't like that you're not getting what you want so you're going to call me biased? Really?

This is not a case that involves ANY bias. The rules are cut and dry. It explicitly says in the format: "If you break a rule, you lose". You're lucky that I am strictly adhering to the rules rather than taking things on a case by case basis, because let's be honest, if I was making exceptions (I'm not, sharks, so let this end here.), you would not have a leg to stand on. Kael broke a rule. Sapientia broke a rule. They both lose, end of story.

And as far as being biased in other rulings, I go OUT OF MY WAY to be as unbiased as possible, to the detriment of my own teams even! If the bad ass incident last year (where he exploited a known glitch) had happened to ANYONE else in the tournament, I can guarantee you that the ruling would have been different. I fucking DARE you to find an instance where I have been biased. You won't find it. Just because you don't like a ruling, doesn't mean it isn't the correct ruling.

And to Aldaron: I poorly chose my words when I said "precedent", I meant to say that I am strictly adhering to the rules put forth, as said in the posts that stellar linked to (where I say that from here on out, rules are rules, and if you break them you lose).

Also to Articuno64: the rule change was going to be announced at the beginning of the next week. Battles were done earlier this week with team preview before it was discovered that team preview was not part of VGC, so it would not be fair to change the rules in the middle of the week, and I'm not going to force rematches.
1. Who am I? I'm just another player. Do I really need to be more than that to voice my opinion? Not only that, I'm not the only one that feels this way, I know of many others who do, and yes several of them aren't on my team.

2. Read my post again, never once did I say the word biased. In fact, I don't think you're biased at all. That still doesn't mean I'm comfortable with you making decisions.

3. You're right, that is very unprofessional. And that was in response to me not publicly calling out the problems I have with you making decision calls. In other words, cool down...

You're lucky that I am strictly adhering to the rules rather than taking things on a case by case basis...
Can we do that instead...I assumed common sense was active. I assumed wrong lolol. Either way I'm loving this please continue posting more ppl.

YEAHHHHH SHARKS!!!!!

Also, wtf's going on lately? AM keeps making posts that make laugh. How uncharacteristic of him.

GG ruiners. Looking forward to destroying you again in the playoffs.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Everyone's too busy getting heated up to realise that a "shorthanded" Classiest recorded the biggest win of the week!

I'll drink to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)