Finals Smogon Premier League III - Finals [Won by The Alpha Ruiners]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Go10

Storm Vanguard !
Well, you could have dealt a max of 90% to Ferrothorn with that FB, and I did my earlier calcs wrong. Taking the CM boost into account, and SR by starting at 87%, you could have rolled a max FB, which hit's my max HP arceus for about 42% maximum. Considering Judgement has the same BP, I was receiving leech seed, and had Substitute, it was pretty likely that I could have won had I not gotten critted in the first 3-4 turns I got Drago arceus in, the numner of turns depending on roll, and set up from there, stalling you out of recover. But like you said there's no way to really know, gg
[/whine]

M Dragon

The north wind
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 17 Championis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Championis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
Philip7086: Not really, in BW for example, team matchup is a huge factor too. In RBY, most teams are nearly the same, so luck is the only real factor that usually decides a battle between 2 good players

Philip7086: Not really, in BW for example, team matchup is a huge factor too. In RBY, most teams are nearly the same, so luck is the only real factor that usually decides a battle between 2 good players
Can't really say I agree with you there. What you said about rby is true, but humans aren't perfect. Everyone will make misplays, the better player usually makes less of them. I don't think BW is all team match up either. Lady_bug went 7-2 using 4th gen hail stall for most of his games. Good teambuilding & skill plays a huge role.

M Dragon

The north wind
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 17 Championis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Championis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
Can't really say I agree with you there. What you said about rby is true, but humans aren't perfect. Everyone will make misplays, the better player usually makes less of them. I don't think BW is all team match up either. Lady_bug went 7-2 using 4th gen hail stall for most of his games. Good teambuilding & skill plays a huge role.
My point is that in a RBY battle between 2 good players, luck (tauros wars, freeze wars...) will likely decide the battle.
I didnt say that "BW is all team match up", or anything close to that

And then LB had trouble in the superstars tournament with same said hail team. Point is BW is a total crapshoot.

I was supposed to play Zdrup today but I haven't seen him online on irc in the whole day.

We are probably going to need an extension to get this done.

Folgorio

I KickTehAss
is a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
~ALPHA RUINED~

GG

~ALPHA RUINED~

~ALPHA RUINED~

~ALPHA RUINED~

~ALPHA RUINED~

~ALPHA RUINED~

~ALPHA RUINED~

~ALPHA RUINED~

~ ALPHA RUINED~
~ALPHA RUINED~
~ ALPHA RUINED~
~ALPHA RUINED~
~ ALPHA RUINED~
~ALPHA RUINED~
~ ALPHA RUINED~
~ALPHA RUINED~
~ ALPHA RUINED~
~ALPHA RUINED~
~ ALPHA RUINED~
~ALPHA RUINED~
~ ALPHA RUINED~
~ALPHA RUINED~
~ ALPHA RUINED~
~ALPHA RUINED~
~ ALPHA RUINED~
~ALPHA RUINED~
~ ALPHA RUINED~
~ALPHA RUINED~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)