Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

man bigs suck

ever grande bigs: we are the biggest losers

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Congrats Ruiners for claiming the SPL Trophy! Patience is a virtue, and your tenacity pulled through :)

today has been bizarre and horrible and i blame the impact of the ruiners finally winning 100%

gj though

but i was rooting for the scooters

Jorgen

World's Strongest Fairy
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I hate to kill the congratulatory mood and be the guy to whine about an ultimately meaningless game, but the match between kael and I still has to happen and I haven't seen Kael on at all within +/- 1 hour of our appointed match time. Again, I know it's meaningless, but... I dunno, I guess I just wanted the chance to put an extra win next to the BIGS win column to make it not seem as bad.

EDIT: I am lose. GG kael!

Congratulation Ruiners, very strong team this year. However, I'm sure you guys will have your own celebratory posts so I'll stick to talking about my team here.

First off, I really was a doucher to a lot of my players this season, leaving halfway through the season for 3 or 4 weeks where I was nowhere to be found. I don't really want to disclose the personal reasons why I left or the reasons why I wasn't interested in coming back (it was unrelated to Pokemon and Smogon) but I really fucked up. I am glad you guys persevered and played strong throughout the season, regardless of who was there or not. It makes me glad that me, Fabbles, and CTI all drafted you.

Bigs, you guys were amazing this year. No one expected much of you, and probably thought of us as the "brazilian team that will end up with a 3-6 record or something. I mean, the scooters, wolfpack, sharks, and ruiners all looked amazingly strong. And we all saw what the raiders did as well. However, you guys proved the disbelievers wrong and played your best week in and week out. The teamwork you guys showed together was fantastic. To our older gen players, You guys were like a well-oiled machine, constantly helping and testing with each other. Limitless and KG are actually nice guys and were always helping each other and talking about whatever (usually basketball) in the channel. Tobes, SDS, Tanner, and randoms were always coming in, cheering and helping. We needed guys like you. The support shown was awesome.

Sixonesix, you are really cool. You were quiet but you never started drama and always took care of business. Amazing pick-up this year. Just had to say how underrated you are as a player because honestly, I feel like the credit you get won't be enough.

I'm not going to do a player bio for everyone but I just want to say you all played hard and extremely well this season. No one has anything to be ashamed of and I hope this just drives you all to strive even harder next season. Being this close to a trophy is a bittersweet feeling for sure. To know you were this good but to not grasp it. But embrace the sweetness. In my eyes, you guys are still the best team in SPL and you guys worked harder than any other team.

Fabbles, it was an absolute honor to work with you. I know I fucked up midway through the season, but you still accepted me back week 6 even after missing 3 or 4 weeks. As a manager, you knew what you were doing and you did it efficiently. Whether I'm here next SPL or not, I can guarantee you that if I apply to be an assistant manager again, it will be to you. Anything else will frankly be a step down. Take it as the highest compliment as you can, because you really did work that hard.

Congratulations Bigs. You guys played hard and really made me proud. The bittersweet pill for me is knowing that I'm probably the worst actual pokemon player on this team :P. Impressive all around and I hope to work with all of you again next season.

BIGS

~ALPHA RUINED~

Alpharuiners Congratulations!

Anna: definitely someone that was fun to have around while she was here. Good attitude and good playing ability in BW and was starting to get good at ADV before she disappeared!!

Bad Romance: very solid RU player :toast:. I am glad The_Chaser found you. Good job on pulling through for us so often, I blame the presence of the word "Bad" in your name for your occasional defeatist outbursts...

Blightbringer: The Butt Naked Wonder himself. A very mysterious character who shows up and announces that he is using a crazy looking team and then wins anyway. Great job on all your DPP wins (and that ADV win lol)

Crystal_: Unstoppable RBY machine. This guy played almost flawlessly in so many of his battles.

FlareBlitz: This dude has gotta be one of the best BW UU players, fun to talk to as well :toast:

Folgorio: GOLFORIO what an outstanding player and the direct cause of a dramatic influx of oscillating success. 0,0 The Team Would Not Have Been The Same Without You.

kael: KAELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL xD =] ;] ¬¬ the bossssssssssssss nice job man we finally did it!!! This guy has been alpha ruining for three years straight and his hard work has finally paid off.

kokoloko: kokokokokoko <- the sound of getting 6-0'd by this man. This sub didn't drop off the face of the earth halfway through the season :heart:

McMeghan: McM was a very friendly and helpful and Excellent presence on the team, great job on a successful season! One of the top BW OUers for sure :pimp:

pi face: for this one I will just c/p all the lines from #alpharuiners that contained "pi face is"
Search "pi face is" (28 hits in 4 files)
E:\Random DLs\mirc logs\#alpharuiners.synIRC.20120301.log (9 hits)
Line 6787: [10:43:49] <11Ciele> pi face is currently 7-0-1
Line 24121: [16:55:09] <05Earthworm|Away> pi face is possibly the most magnificent boss ever to grace us with his lofty presence
Line 31221: [12:49:40] <11blightnigger> pi face is mvp
Line 31769: [17:27:11] <05Earthworm> pi face is unstoppable
Line 32048: [20:47:26] <11Scofield> pi face is big in tourn
Line 44313: [10:08:41] <11BAIKA> pi face is making a team
Line 46616: [01:00:12] <05Earthworm> pi face is gonna bos stoday
Line 48057: [13:35:36] <11BAIKA> i bet pi face is battling right now
Line 48173: [13:47:30] <05Earthworm> pi face is truly an unstoppable force
E:\Random DLs\mirc logs\#alpharuiners.synIRC.20120201.log (3 hits)
Line 24720: [09:03:17] <11McMeghan> pi face is watching the battle.
Line 25114: [09:29:24] <05Earthworm> pi face is gonna be 5-0 too
Line 27095: [13:49:16] <11Scofield> lol pi face is v good at both
E:\Random DLs\mirc logs\#alpharuiners.synIRC.20120101.log (14 hits)
Line 8501: [15:32:20] <05Earthworm> pi face is probably fine
Line 11059: [06:00:25] <05Earthworm|Away> pi face is unbeatable
Line 15257: [11:14:58] <11BAIKA> pi face is the 2-0 playoff champ that won both his matches 6-0
Line 16026: [12:12:09] <11kokoloko> pi face is right
Line 16361: [12:37:00] <11Scofield> dam pi face is ridic g00d
Line 22474: [19:18:48] <11The_Chaser> i honestly dont understand how pi face is constantly underdog
Line 22485: [19:22:29] <11Anna> Pi face is playing HugenDugen :(
Line 22489: [19:23:46] <05Earthworm> pi face is leagues above I M O
Line 22491: [19:24:08] <05Earthworm> pi face is just all around great player
Line 44970: [11:49:21] <11BAIKA> pi face is battling
Line 45474: [14:02:06] <05Earthworm> and pi face is gr8 too
Line 65590: [11:44:41] <11BAIKA> pi face is ready too
Line 78618: [13:20:33] <11The_Chaser> pi face is a bear
Line 80121: [23:48:25] <05Earthworm> pi face is a genius
E:\Random DLs\mirc logs\#alpharuiners.synIRC.20111201.log (2 hits)
Line 2493: [13:02:06] <11HuGONEdugen> altho I haven't played him in a long time, I know pi face is really good too
Line 4058: [03:01:00] <11upstart> pi face is your name from the world ends with you? and what tier are you doing for spl?

Sapphire Birch: BirchyBirchSwag. You had a pretty rough season but you really pulled through for us when we needed it the most! :heart:

xtrashine: this guy is kind of odd but he is oddly optimistic so it works well! GJ especially on the finals victory, hard work does pay off!! Keep revolutionising the metagame and good luck with future tournaments :nerd:

Sk: That guy is tense it is boring legal baggy good bad kkk Sk is all a little more. unreliable two faced jackal that throws baby sheep into deep pools of water. Great and helpful presence to have around, and another one of the original ruiners! :toast: Thanks for helping me practise with GSC stuff!

Scofield: The man whose fault it was that Anna disappeared. JK this guy is amazing comic relief and gave quality advice throughout the season. Looking forward to his upcoming post!!

whistle: Whisler :naughty:

The_Cheaser: AWESOME job carrying the ruiners to victory! You were constantly around keeping us organised and you were willing to help basically everyone and even played me in GSC despite not knowing anything about it xD.
The chease Congratulations
Thanks for everything. ;]

everyone else in #alpharuiners: THANKS for helping and chatting and making this season so much fun :adam::adam::adam:

BIGs: You guys did a great job making the finals and also beat us in the regular season, great job to Fabbles and the rest of the squad.

Scoots: Our playoffs matchup was really intense and could've gone either way. You guys definitely gave us fantastic competition and you're a classy team, good job.

ALPHARUINERS CHAMPIOM

I'm not really feeling like making a long post, but I gotta say thanks to all the Ruiners for making this an enjoyable season for me, thanks for The_Chaser for telling me he was going to bid for me when I was pretty sure no one was going to get me and for trading tiba for me; Also thanks to Ginku, kokoloko, Pearl, Iris and Crashinboombang for helping me when I needed them.

Oh and thank god because this is over and I don't have to play RU again.

Congratulations, Ruiners! I've never been a member of the team or anything, so it's not my place to make a really big sappy post, but you've always been kind and trusting enough to allow me to hang out in the channel both in SPL2 and SPL3, and I appreciate that immensely. I'm super proud and happy to see you guys finally clutch it out; 2nd-2nd-1st is pretty damn good! ^_^ I also enjoyed the chance to meet you all and see you all beast during the main season. Thanks a lot to the other teams who let me hang out and cheer for them, too -- it meant a lot and while it was sad to see the rest of you lose, I had a lot of fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)