Smogon Premier League IV - All-Star Week!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
haha macle that was too much fun. If you guys have been following this battle, I've theorymonned this battle for about four to five hours, and I know that #frogs was working hard on it too. I'm glad this was such a good battle.

here is the log for those interested (and replay). here's my set:

pantslizard (Scrafty) @ Chople Berry
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 112 SDef / 144 Atk
Sassy Nature
- Zen Headbutt
- Snatch
- Fake Out
- Hidden Power [Psychic]

This set allowed me to survive maxed out Fake Out / Focus Blast / Vacuum Wave with Chople Berry, meaning the worst they could do on the special side was two Focus Blasts and I could pray for the miss. I then realized that if they ran sub or bulk up, they'd win turn two. I figured they'd know it too, so I thought I'd risk it with Snatch. I used to have Return, but I switched to HP Psychic just in case I snatched a Nasty Plot. To be honest, I wasn't expecting the Torment set; that was strong. Kudos, frogs.

I love you, Raiders. Now let's win some real battles ;)

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
hours and hours of planning and research

WASTED

gg though birkal, easily my favorite match of the all-star week lol

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
haha macle that was too much fun. If you guys have been following this battle, I've theorymonned this battle for about four to five hours, and I know that #frogs was working hard on it too. I'm glad this was such a good battle.

here is the log for those interested (and replay). here's my set:

pantslizard (Scrafty) @ Chople Berry
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 112 SDef / 144 Atk
Sassy Nature
- Zen Headbutt
- Snatch
- Fake Out
- Hidden Power [Psychic]

This set allowed me to survive maxed out Fake Out / Focus Blast / Vacuum Wave with Chople Berry, meaning the worst they could do on the special side was two Focus Blasts and I could pray for the miss. I then realized that if they ran sub or bulk up, they'd win turn two. I figured they'd know it too, so I thought I'd risk it with Snatch. I used to have Return, but I switched to HP Psychic just in case I snatched a Nasty Plot. To be honest, I wasn't expecting the Torment set; that was strong. Kudos, frogs.

I love you, Raiders. Now let's win some real battles ;)

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Coooooolch let's do this shit in the afternoon/evening I guess? We need our spectators. Also before the Super Bowl. >:[ WHERE ARE YOU MANG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)