Finals Smogon Premier League IV - Finals [Won by The Wifi Wolfpack]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atticus

Atticus
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnuswon the 10th Official Smogon Tournamentdefeated the Smogon Frontieris a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
The Circus Maximus Tigers (8) vs The WiFi Wolfpack (4)

BW OU 1: MOET vs. AkhiMarth
BW OU 2: Light The Thunder vs. taxi driver
BW OU 3: bro fist vs. HellPowna
BW Ubers: Donkey vs. Furai
BW UU: DestinyUnknown vs. PK Gaming
BW RU: Thatsjustpeachy vs. SilentVerse
BW NU: Zebraiken vs. FLCL
VGC 2013: Huy vs. kingofkongs
DPP OU: TV-Rocka vs. DracoMalfoy
ADV OU: Sir vs. DarkLoic
GSC OU: Royal Flush vs. Jorgen
RBY OU: Giga Punch vs. Tiba

The Circus Maximus Tigers (5) vs The WiFi Wolfpack (7)

BW OU 3: bro fist vs. HellPowna
BW RU: Thatsjustpeachy vs. SilentVerse
BW NU: Zebraiken vs. FLCL - <3 both of you, going with flcl cause he's got my help tho =)
DPP OU: TV-Rocka vs.DracoMalfoy

BW OU 3: Bro Fist vs. HellPowna
BW RU: thatsjustpeachy vs. SilentVerse
BW NU: Zebraiken vs. FLCL
DPP OU: TV-Rocka vs. DracoMalfoy

Furai

we will become who we are meant to be
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Donkey and I will battle on Wednesday, we'll post times

donkey :D

Jorgen

World's Strongest Fairy
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
RF and I have talked. Roughly 10pm GMT -4 on Sunday, March 24 is the time we're planning to rumble.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hey, Ruiners, thanks for buying me - this year has been a major blast! Such capable managers and amazing teammates made this adventure such an enjoyable one. I thought we were goners when we were down 0-3 and then 4-6, but we ridiculously clutched 6-6 for a tiebreaker! Unfortunately, the tie breaker was quite lame. It's a shame that McMeghan and CTC ditched their original team ideas, both of which would have swept through Sir and bro fist with ease. Ironically, they ended up choosing teams that matched up worse instead, leading to quite an anti-climatic loss. Bummer really, since we broke the ruiner tradition of making to the SPL finals this season ;(

I'd like to apologize for not winning my semi game vs Giga Punch, when we needed wins the most. I'm still quite happy with my spl record of 6-3, an improvement from last season's record of 4-4. I am definitely improving as a player, and I have learned a lot this year. The Ruiner spirit is truly great, and I am proud to be a part of it :)

SHOUTOUTS:

The Chaser: Always kept us in check, and even offered me help in selecting teams. I value your input, as you have helped me secure wins for the team with greater consistency. You are a great leader, treating everyone fairly, and even gave me word or encouragement, which I truly appreciated :)

Sk / BAIKA / dystopia: You are a positive and responsive manager that always kept the chat lively. I think you especially helped out pumping out GSC / ADV / DPP / BW teams, so major props for considerable assistance. Thanks for help testing RBY for me; my 3-1 record would not have been achieved without eager help like yours!

Sorry for freezing your Chansey all the time - GIVE THE DAMN BITCH A CHANCE XD

Ciele: Super Secretary! Thank you so much for being an amazing RU practice mate and teambuilder - I totally trust your judgment calls.

Bloo: Chill dude that helped others and me in testing teams. He is also one of the best pep talkers around, rallying up others and me into winning our games! SPL games would've been different without you there ;o

McMeghan: You are the nicest user, ever - despite all the pocket haters, you supported me and treated me with respect. This SPL was the first time I interacted with you, and you totally made me your friend! Thanks for your big heart, dude, it takes guts to lend a hand to the oppressed.

Also, man, how can I FORGET about your weekly advice to all of us! Thanks for facilitating our weekly preparation. You are an amazing team player, and I'm happy that we're on the same RUPL team XD XD

TGMDoom: DA ADMIN & THE ONE AND ONLY SUBSTITUTE. Thanks for being there for the team, bro. I'd like to think that your administration skills and your ready availability to replace our more inactive players contributed heavily to our overall success as a team. I truly felt like Ruiners played as a cohesive unit than merely 13 individual players.

CTC: The ultimate weapon of ruiners; the clutch master. We can always expect you to bring us a win. You're always around and preparing constantly to win. You were too nice to your opponents, though, which costed you like 2 games :[ (i'm not mad, doe, you got mad honor). You are a truly underrated player - I will be expecting to see you achieve in the very near future.

ssbbm: An underrated player - you performed solidly and your presence in the channel was nothing but positive. Be more confident in your playing abilities and experiment with more team styles, and you will truly develop into a powerful player. You and CTC are like mad tight testing team together - true pokemon friendship ;D. I am happy that the managers bought you mid-season!

Iconic: A witty tournament director, 2 gud to prepare for pokemon, but give him a team and he will play like pro. You have a sharp mind that simply wouldn't allow you to misplay or choke under pressure. Thank you for gracing Ruiners with your presence, bro!!!

Delta2777: A true bro. Jacked 2. He's particularly receptive, which I appreciate, because nothing pisses me more than being tuned out. Although, you didn't win as many games as you would have liked, you showed that you tried and cared by always being active and testing your teams, and that is all that really matters.

CrashingBoomBANG: One of the most vocal member of our group - you bring a positive, go-get-it attitude that have affected us all. You raped me in ADV, so I respect your ADV skillz - it's a shame that you lucked out or chickened out of a win, but you're a strong ADV player in my eyes. Also Aggron Tamer >:D

spies and Crystal: It was really nice to have old vets like you around, and it truly sucked cock when your activity dropped at the end. Both of you were strong and chill, and my only regret is not having as much interaction with you two.

DIMSUN: Man, it's no surprise that you're a world champ! You carried us through the 10 weeks without any help, and you always never failed to provide us with quite a show in your masterful performance! Great sports man, too, always jovial with his fellow VGC peeps in the opposing team. Even more, you didn't seclude yourself just in VGC, and cheered the rest of us all the harder! Thanks for the wins and for being an excellent person in general.

pi face: A chill humble dude that don't shut down people. You don't exude any of the elitist vibe that some smogon players display, and for that I am eternally thankful. Please stay that way! Your Uber performance is no farce, and tbh I was 100% expecting you to stop Shake's ridiculous rampage of this season. You are one of the most solid players alongside Dimsun, CTC, and Annoyer who we can always expect a win.

FlareBlitz: More chill and coolness factor of Ruiners! I personally love your team style, and I learned a few nifty thing or two about UU from watching you play. You have the same vibe as Delta2777, being receptive to me and simply great charisma. I wish you were more on often, but alas IRL > Smogon no doubt

Annoyer: Stellar NU bro. Just like Dimsun, you kept the NU fort of Ruiners well-defended, and do not doubt that every ruiner are in awe with your masterful NU performance :D. You also do a lot of research for others, too, which facilitated many preparation. You're an all-round chill team playa - you're everything but BAD for Ruiners. Thanks for being one of our strong forces, Annoyer!

Scofield - Funny guy - you're a fun person to hang out with irl I bet. Seems like you're mastering your hook-up skills. Thanks for still being Ruiner to the core, though, defending us when opposition arises.

whistle / Noelle - Funniest guy on the chan followed by CTC and iconic I think! Scofield's love doctor, counseling Scof in his ongoing search for the love hole. I think you also helped out spies in creating some kick-ass GSC team with Sk so props for that.

jumpluff - cutest user around, but also not to be underestimated ;o

LONG LIVE ALPHA RUINERS :D :D :D

Annoyer: Stellar NU bro. Just like Dimsun, you kept the NU fort of Ruiners well-defended, and do not doubt that every ruiner are in awe with your masterful NU performance :D. You also do a lot of research for others, too, which facilitated many preparation. You're an all-round chill team playa - you're everything but good for Ruiners. Thanks for being one of our strong forces, Annoyer!
:(

joshe

the best
forget pocket mine are better. I didn't get a chance to do this earlier but whatever and you guys are making me post the anonymous pastebin on here in an effort to embarrass me imo but eat ya hearts out froggies :)

DID SOMEONE SAY SHOUTOUTS??????????!?!?! OMG WELL HELL YEAH BROS

MANAGER: LONELYNESS. SUPER FOUL, SUPER COOL, AND NEVER AROUND WHEN U ABSOLUTELY NEED HIM TOO. GREAT MANAGER OTHERWISE AND I WOULDN'T WANT ANYONE ELSE TO MANAGE THIS TEAM. LOVE YA BRO RETAIN US ALL WHEN YOU MANAGE NEXT YEAR Y\Y ALSO SING US YMCA WTF YOU FOULASDFADSFASD

ASSMEN: JOSHE, MACLE, MEKKAH. JOSHE IS THE BEST EVERYONE ELSE IS JUST TRASH. BUT SRSLY HE'S THE BEST. MACLE AND MEKKAH THANKS FOR BEING PART OF THIS AMAZING TEAM DESPITE OUR RECORD AND CERTAIN MISHAPS YOU STUCK THROUGH WITH US. YOU GUYS WERE ALWAYS AWESOME CHAT PRESENCES AND I WOULDN'T WANT ANYONE ELSE TO ASSMAN WITH ME, ERRR WITH THE TEAM

PLAYERS: YOU GUYS SUCK OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .TRL YOU GUYS TRIED YOUR BEST AND THAT'S ALL WE CAN EVER ASK FOR. SURE HAX IS BAD AND WE MADE A TON OF MISPLAYS AND THROWS BUT WE'LL JUST HAVE TO USE THOSE EXPERIENCES TO GET BETTER IN OUR POKEMON CAREERS. WHERE TO START .CRY

Reachzero: awesome guy, the best battler in bw uu and always had a great attitude in chat. worth every credit and more. the amount of knowledge you put forth on the entire team really hit home and i really wish spl wasn't only 9-11 weeks long. your teams are great and i can't want anyone better to play bw uu

Bearsfan092: amazing VGCer. i know how everyone says "the good vgcers are always the same" but man you sure were the best imo. if only we started you week one, you'd be the #1 vger "officially" in spl. your teams were boss too huehuehue. worth all those 4500 credits .trl

Colchonero: friend. you are the best GSCer and im not saying that because you're on my team. If you weren't such an unlucky foul you could've gone undefeated. your theorizing on gsc is fucking amazing and your battling even more so. you are truly a worthwhile friend and i look forward to squeezing every bit of knowledge that you have about gsc huehuehuehueueheuheuheuheuheuhehueuheuheuhehuehueuheuhueheuheuhue

Yan[sogeking]: doidaao you crazy that's all im gonna say .trl but yeah you were quite possibly the most fun person in the entire spl and trolling you was the best oO. your xatu team is CRAP and your lando team WHICH YOU STOLE FROM JOSHE is kinda good rsrsrsrsrsrs srsly though if we got you to use other teams i dont think you would've gone wlwlwlwlwlwlwlw lol (MORE WINS IMO). pretty fucking cool how you managed to do that though. frog for lyfe and if u dont do wut i say i rape u rsrs oO

davidness
: your english is shit haha and i could hardly understand what you were saying (with much help from my puzzle solving abilities and google translate) but it's pretty damn funny how you spanglish all the time haha. you're a great ubers battler and your record should probably be better than it is and i wish you wouldn't have gotten haxed so much so we could see your potential. you're a great battler and we just need to work on your teambuilding a little bit more to get you to that top tier level. FRIEND

toshimelonhead
: great guy, amazing teammate, and solid battler. you've always been a great friend and great teammate on central teams and i really wish you would've gotten more chances to play. ah well maybe next year y\y!! FK WEAVILE.

Pedrock: MAN FORGET YOU BRs YOU GUYS ARE SUCH TROLLS .trl anyway funny guy and pretty awesome battler. really dreading to face you in wcop altho dont use basculin it'll get haxed and it sux anyway!!!!!!!! dis guy is tru basculin tamer y\y

smurf.
: you foulest than everyone MAN. words can't even describe how much poop u is bro, etc. but seriously you're a pretty awesome guy that thinks he's tuff but damn u isn't bro U SOFT. SOFTER THAN THE PILLSBURY DOUGH BOY BRO. fuck ur riolu and smashpass teams and i loved your ho team and really wish you coulda used that more without getting cteamed. oh well if only they had dpp uu .cry. FOE

Raichy: midseason pickup and man what a guy you are. when i got gay you ask? WHEN U WAS BORN INTO THE WORLD AS MY BROTHER (hint wcop eligibility heuuheuehue). you are seriously great in all tiers and i love stealing all your teams. you're knowledgeable in all of them too and it's so fun just talking competitive mons with you. you are an awesome friend and you should seriously get more involved in smogon. smogon needs people like you who are just bundles of knowledge and boundless kindness. i am so glad dekzeh and colcho recommended you and i definitely hope we get you next year. you foulest than smurf though ;)

Nelson-X aka Younii: awesome battler in all tiers which is why we drafted you and i really wish you would've gotten more chances to play too. you should've won more games that you did because of some luck but whatever. i stole your uber team btw hehe AND ALSO MAKE SURE TO FUCKIN USE MAX ATTACK ROCK POLISH GROUDON .cry YOU FOULEST ALSO USE HP ICE LANDORUS not SLUDGE WAVE BOOM UNDEFEATE :foul:

Dekzeh: i can't tell you how many teams i've stolen from you and my god they are so good. your knowledge in ADV is unparalleled and im so glad lonelyness drafted you. you're an awesome guy and always a positive chat presence. you also shoulda won more than you did because of some luck but i know you were the best adv'er in spl by far. prepare to be retained .dancin .trl .baby

Texas Cloverleaf: <--- wtf is that name texas? CLOVERLEAF? HOW GAY. YOU'RE CANADIAN TOO? JESUS FUCKK YOU, EH? WTF. but yeah seriously you're an awesome guy too and i dont think anyone expected you to do as well as you did which also shows you cheap you went (3k noob huehue). pretty sure you were second most efficient in spl behind shakeitup and i really couldn't imagine anyone else playing ru for us. keep that confidence up when you battle boy and make sure not to let that confidence to get to your attitude. you are truly an amazing battler and there are many things that i expect to see from you in the future, all of them good of course .dancin

shnen: i'll say one thing about you, my friend. you're worth more than fishy and cti's broken heart imo .trl. also i really wish you woulda gotten more opportunities to play you are a really good NUer and the only thing you need is a bit more confidence when you battle. you are an awesome friend and it was incredibly fun to have you as a frog this year :)

Agammemnon:
you weren't on irc that much and i really wish you were and are, you filled in our RBY slot and played well in it despite it being RBY and 50/50 luck and you even pulled off a win in a much needed situation that we unfortunately didn't capitalize on, sorry for that. FRANCH ARE FOULS not FOOD

Make: dude you are seriously good in adv and rby and im so glad we stole you from sharks .trl. you didn't speak much english and i know you got alot of shit from other people saying "traitor" but i was really glad to have you on as a frog. it means alot for someone to come in and solidify rby and im pretty bummed that you got haxed so much even if it is RBY. your record doesn't speak for your worth and you were a great midseason pickup. amigo

King aka jasonpwn: I HAVE SO MANY THINGS TO SAY ABOUT YOU INCLUDING THE WORDS: FOUL AND FOUL AND FOUL BUT I WILL BE NICE IN THIS. really sad how things happened with wolfpack and limitless but i hope you atleast had alot of fun in frogs despite you not getting as many chances as you would've hoped. you have a ton of potential as a battler and i think with a bit more focus and if you refine your battling a bit, you'll be one of the greats imo. make sure to watch that attitude though it's never a good thing and i've seen so many people fall just because of that. all these despite you and smurf annoying the shit out of me with your bickering of course :| .cry and also you were a great tester in bw ou and our bw ou improved a bit since we got you although not as much as i would have liked :(

xtrashine: your only problem with battling is that you dont spend enough time on your teams and enough time to think out your moves. you are truly an amazing battler with nearly limitless potential but you honestly get in the way of yourself sometimes and i wish you would just stop to smell the roses of sorts. i know irl shit has gotten to you pretty hard and pokemon isn't really the biggest thing on your list but i just wish you were more involved on irc and stuff so we could try to figure all that out with you. whatever, aside from that you're a boss. i apolojizz if i offend u but fok u .dancin

zdrup15: solid guy and great team STEALER. you're good in so many metagames and you did pretty well in nu which we just couldn't get production out of .cry. you were a great chat presence and it sucks that we didn't pick you up right away in spl. thank you for being such an integral part of frogs and i look forward to our friendship y\y. also boss with dekzeh teams :|

Raseri: we traded a very foul cretur for u (rewer) and it wuz worth. it sucks how things didn't go right early on with some of the biggest NU names now and how ln lost some of his confidence in you, i know irl things probably got in the way a ton of spl and of course irl > pokemon but i still wish i coulda seen how good you are in nu when you really try :(

Novaray: WORDS can't describe how much potential i see in you and how great of a battler i know you will be someday soon of course. you are an amazing friend (always) and i look forward to the friendship we have every day. i'm also glad that ln listened to me and drafted you. this experience will go a long way in your pokemon career imo. im sure you get alot of shit about your mistakes because you're such a new up and coming guy and you really need to learn to ignore that pointless bs but i think your main problem right now is that you dont trust yourself and or don't realize that you're actually good at this game and dont need to listen to what other people tell you to do. finishing up, i have so much fun battling with you every day and talking to you about pokemon and other bs and i look forward to seeing you become admin in a couple years .trl: FRIEND BUT FOULEST THAN RAICHY

alaka: WE SAVE U FROM MEAN PIRATE GUYS AND LOCOPOKE MAN HES FOUL. im still not too sure on what happened with the whole trolling and throwing games bs but you are a srsly good VGCer and i'm sure the vgc community knows that :P you really gave us what we wanted in being our back up VGCer incase bears wasn't able to play and i really appreciated the stability you gave us :) FROG

now for the failed:

Fishy: think the whole team apologized to you and i know they were on you from the start and honestly just looking at hte situation i kind of want to apologize too lol whatever

evan: i know you dislike ln and i know you never wanted to be a frog but man you really should've gone about it in a different way like idk sucking it up and asking ln for a trade before all the bs. the entire team still doesn't care for you at all and you really should've gone about it a different way. you would've been a damn good RBYer for us if your ego didn't get in the way but whatever, ego>friendship

cathadora: i know evan troll drafted you which was a shit situation in itself and i have never seen you talk aside from #tf2 and that was about league but i guess you played VGC lol. WHO KNEW OO

masterclass: i have so many things to say about you and i know you know about alot of them from our PMs but man im still a bit disappointed in how your whole "career" as a pokemon player turned out. you have so much potential in becoming a part of this community and it really pisses me off when you dont try because i know you're damn intelligent but whatever. salty as fuck :(

anyway, on a finishing note i would like to say how truly honored i am to be a part of frogs and how lucky i am to have met all of you. You guys make playing pokemon so much fun and I know i have 20 more friends on smogon. Thank you so much for being awesome guys and i'm really looking forward to conversing and interacting with you guys again. love you all :) WHEN I GOT GAY RAICHY ASKS? WHEN I SUPPORTED FROGS AND WAS LUCKY ENOUGH TO FILL ASSMAN ROLE. NEVER HAVE I BEEN SO EXCITED TO FILL HOLES LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[01:32:02]<joshe> what else should i post oO
[01:32:12]<Raichy> Ah
[01:32:18]<Raichy> Ban Landorus
[01:32:29]<Raichy> With that, your teams will get better

joshe

the best
last place shoutouts ftw
i had a big post burning the everloving fuck out of you but that would just be stooping to your level. instead i'll post this:

[01:56:38]<joshe> i should say "still surprised you haven't gotten a sportsmanship infraction yet"
[01:56:41]<joshe> instead
[01:56:44]<Novaray> lol
[01:56:49]<joshe> i'll do that

nice to see you camping the SPL thread still btw, rey

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
i had a big post burning the everloving fuck out of you but that would just be stooping to your level. instead i'll post this:

[01:56:38]<joshe> i should say "still surprised you haven't gotten a sportsmanship infraction yet"
[01:56:41]<joshe> instead
[01:56:44]<Novaray> lol
[01:56:49]<joshe> i'll do that

nice to see you camping the SPL thread still btw, rey
please post it i need some laughs, do burn the everloving fuck out of me

because your sportsmanship burn wasnt really all that

HeIIraiser

tough like igglybuff
Thanks for the shoutout, joshe.:adam:

That took me a lot of time to write, but I will do some shoutouts too:

lmao jk
LOL FOULS
no shout outs for you guys, you all suck seriously
LAST seed is fucking bad LMAO NOOBS ?__? .trl

Aaand...fuck SPL, I got 5 fucking wins using the same team the whole season.:justin2:

OK, now for real, it was fun to play with all of you on my second SPL. Everyone was cool, ln, joshe, jack, david, colchonero, jasonpown, the spanish short nick dudes, zéh, fishy s2, pedrock.rock, durrr, younii previously nelsonx and the other guys i may be forgetting.

it was really fun, I love you all ~n__n~

but please do not try to retain me, frog life is over .___. .mad
Also, thanks for Eo butt and Symphonyx_numbers_ for hosting.

free rewer's DOG gif:

ps: CBB's accent is really bad, idk why McMeghan love it:cloud:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)