Smogon Premier League V - Week 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well this season was a learning curve for me, but man i enjoyed it! To bad we didn't go further, but it happens. Always Next time~

Shoutouts

Tigers! you all are amazing and I really am glad i got the chance to play with you even if it was only half the season ^^
Sweep- I did what, 4 or 5 tryout battles with you and from then you helped me test teams on the spot like every week. Your a really chill person and I really appreciate all your help! I really enjoyed meeting you this season~
Zeb- bro you just make me laugh :] I really enjoyed how excitable of a person you are! Great motivator to!
Dunk- Thanks man for supporting me getting drafted, it really means a lot to me that twice now you have trusted me as your backup ^^ sadly i have never gotten to talk with you much, but you seem like a great person and sorry about you getting so busy :<
TennisAce/ Little_GK- Thank you both for giving me a shot by picking me up then once again for putting me in that last week so I could redeem myself after a rough start! You are both seem to be great managers just had some unfortunate luck this year it seems and i expect great things from this team next year under you both!
Biosci- Great Doubles player and seemed like a chill person! great meeting you this season!
HotNCold- You seemed like a cool person and always are friendly in the chat!
Bed- pretty much repeating myself now :p but again just another friendly face~
Kland- Honestly we ended things on a good note mate, i consider you a great friend and i appreciate all you did to help me out. I know we have given each other hard times before, but your a cool person. Just wish you could have stuck around :< (am sure you will be back someday... hopefully)
All the other Tigers~ I honestly never got the chance to talk with each and every person but all of you seem super chill and friendly. Thanks for a great season and hope to see you all around!

Other Shoutouts!
Blim- man you gave me my first ever shot to play in an official tour and i will never forget that. Great friend and great person and I wish you the best of luck in finals!
Cased- Thanks for all the support you have given me, you have been a great friend and hopefully one day we actually get to be on the same team rofl
TIWSS- A great friend and a great battler
Laurel- haha man we have been friends since what last powc? glad we both made spl teams tho, and great friend. tho u need to get in trouble less on po lol
Meowmix- Amazing friend and super supportive! #meow for life
All my other UU Friends~ basically everyone hiding out in #Meow ilu guys (nohomo) great friends
if i missed you, oops sorry :< i am not perfect but thanks anyways to anyone else who has been a good friend ^^

shoutout to tigres for giving me hops in their channel then never allowing me back in to cheer on them

Another shoutout to McMeghan for making me sign up in the first place, giving me hope to get picked and not picking me in the end. Thanks for encouraging me all the time though.
lol at least im not the only one then

Last edited:

TGMD

ƧÏÐÈ¥¯ÏĈ¼Á°¿±³´µ¶·¸¹º»ŤûŠť²ØéŋŌ
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Bedschibaer got a crit on my 2% Snorlax. Like wtf I'm quitting GSC forever. No but srsly gg man, GSC is fun :)

EDIT: Forgot to mention I lost :o

EDIT 72: Bedschibaer auto corrects to bedchamber O_O

Bedschibaer

NAME = FUCK
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Won vs TGMD in a gg

It was a nice SPL for me, i enjoyed playing some good GSC matches, especially considering how hard they are to find these days. Quick shoutout to the Tigers for picking me in the first place, being a bunch of nice people and helping me test and play when i needed it. Most of you took the effort writing kind words for everyone but i won't do this right here and just say a big thank you to all of you collectively.
Another shoutout to McMeghan for making me sign up in the first place, giving me hope to get picked and not picking me in the end. Thanks for encouraging me all the time though.
Shoutout to /cpg/ for always helping me to git gud, and to all my other mates on ps for making me waste many hours with them.

Valentine

Banned deucer.
Even though I tried my best to get picked up by winning teams during midseason, i'm really glad I ended up with Tigres. The comradery is definitely there, especially with the active bunch in team chat. Great group of guys that helped me remember this game is primarily for fun. I'll be rooting for all of my friends in playoffs, but i'd like to see Classiest or Cryonicles take it all #pofags #soulgayzer #fukhugo

IDM, more specifically Sinclair, Thunderblunder, and Chimpact for helping me build, no matter how little, this season. Without them, i'd be stuck using CTC's shitty teams.

tennisace was easily the most active manager we had, and for all the shit he gets, I think he does a great job. I'm looking forward to working with you in the future, as an assman or as a player.

little gk+solace i didn't see much or in solace's case at all, but they obviously contributed to the roster, and i appreciate them considering me as an addition.

Bedschibaer was a great midseason pickup that netted a respectable 3-1 record. Seemingly consistent, I can see him coming back for another season and preforming very well.

Biosci is an absolute monster. Considered one of the best players in his tier, its no surprise he showcases an impressive 6-2 record, and participation in All Stars. Apart from being a very skilled player, Biosci is also very easy to get along with. He had a shot at 7-2, which would have been tied for the best record in doubles, but he gave up his starting spot to let Pwnemon play a match this SPL. A very nice user that i'm honored to have played with.

C05ta obviously preformed well at the beginning of the season, managing to take a game off Bloo (even if it was a choke). I tried team building with him a few times but he wanted to stick to himself. His general distaste for XY OU, and our standings later in the season led him to quit a little early, but I hope he doesn't doubt himself, he is a good player.

DestinyUnknown is a player with a record that does not reflect skill. Never got a chance to talk with you in chat, but veteran player that just happened to have an off season.

Fiction. I think it would have been cool to see more games from you. A respected player, predicted to preform in the top 4 of Ubers this year, unfortunate that he couldn't play more this SPL. But, it did allow Sweep to prove himself.

Froggy i think 1-3 is a fine record for a first SPL. Shit, I went 1-4 in my first. All you can do is learn from your experience, and I think you've done just that. I'm sorry about that troll test match I had with you, I just really felt like using that team.

Halloween, my holiday buddy, wasn't the most active in team chat, but I got to see him a few times. A very solid player with a record that does not reflect his skill. I hope he continues to play in future SPLs. If i knew anything about ADV i would talk this guy up, but unfortunately I don't know shit.

Hantsuki seems like a quiet presence in chat most of the time, but a very good contributor to conversation, a fine member of the roster.

Hot N Cold was one of the only members of the team i knew beforehand, and was the driving force in getting Tigres management to consider me for their roster. Even though i didn't appreciate it at the time, I can now properly thank HnC for getting me into Tigres. Apart from being an active teammate that helps in every way he can, HnC is a very strong player, backed up by his positive record and his participation in AllStar week. I look forward to building more teams with you for tour! #hnctour17

kland is a user i knew from PO before this SPL. I was never nice to this dude, and I was honestly too mean to him in team chat, even if it was jokes. I hope I wasn't a factor in him leaving early. kland, don't let a negative performance affect you. in the end, pokes is just a game we play, and its for fun :]

Leftiez is a very consistent player, and his ability to reach top 16 last tour is a testament to that. I'm looking forward to seeing how well he does in this upcoming tour, and I hope he will consider PMing me #free BW OU teams when he reads this.

Lunar. i've known for way too long. Its always great to talk to you bud, i wish you success in your endeavors. Its unfortunate that your OST run had to end prematurely this year, but I will honestly do the best I can to avenge you :]

Pwnemon is a very active, positive user. Even without being able to play, due to Biosci starting, he helped test teams, raise moral, and was just an overall great influence in chat. I hope in the future he can find a team to start for, possibly even Tigres, because he is a very skilled Doubles player that is deserving.

Raichy is nothing but a fren, and contributed a win to our teams first victory this season. Also my 2014 valentine :]

Raseri I've gotten to know a lot of NU players/animefags over the past few months, and Raseri one of them! Even though we don't talk much, I like looking at user avatars and checking out new shows. I'm glad ebeast linked you to secretotaku.

Royal Flush i don't know anything about lower tiers, but what i can say is that Royal Flush is a cool dude. veteran player that just happened to have a shitty season, I hope he comes back and destroys.

sebixxl i think our timezones made it hard to talk often, if at all, but cool user i'm glad was on the roster.

Sweep, considered a 'ladder hero' at the beginning of the season, really proved himself in our Ubers slot, which was originally Fiction's. Sweep had rather large shoes to fill, but he did an excellent job, making it to All Stars only having played 3 games. Hax played a major part in his final record of 4-3, but nobody doubts his skill, and I wouldn't be surprised if he came back next year to take lives.

Thatsjustpeachy a BW veteran with great taste in manga. respectable 4-2 record, great personality, excellent addition to any roster. I hope to see more tour games from you, good luck in ST this year.

Treecko left before we got the chance to meet, but even I can appreciate the win you contributed to the team

TV-Rocka a very versatile, strong player, tv-rocka beat iconic in dpp, which led to our first victory. dpp was obviously one of the most competitive tiers this SPL, and in my opinion, that makes 3-4 an acceptable record. a very valuable and experienced teammate.

Zebraiken was the dude that linked me to the tao chat, and now I have more frens on smogon than i know what to do with. part of the NU 'trifecta', he is very experienced in his tier. however, this SPL introduced a lot of new NU players like Afro Smash, and some other cocky dude, which made it a hard tier to compete in. 3-6 isn't the best record, but zeb is obviously capable of much more, and i hope he returns for next year!

Last edited:

Laga

Forever Grande
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
huge shoutout to McMeghan for telling all of us to use what we feel most comfortable with! none of us could have done it without you!!

and also a shoutout to cbb for being garbdix yet still a good fren =]

all the other ruiners; I got nothing but love for you :')

Last edited:

gorgie

formerly Floppy, now Rock hard
shoutout to da ever grande big n*ggas man.

it was a fun season filled with pleasantries, bad cti jokes, enlightening delta life stories, and a whole lot of F*CKED UP SH*T I REALLY CANNOT SAY HERE LOL.

special shoutout to my fans... the ones that been riding since day 1, and continue to ride, so long as i stay trashin n*ggas and stealing their mojo (in the case of traners like eo, depleting their self-esteem). stay up my peeps.

Thanks for having me bigs.

LOL. jk.

You're most welcome Ever Grande Bigs.

my services were fairly cheap this time around, and you were intelligent enough to splurge on a once-in-a-lifetime bargain the minute the opportunity came bangin on your goddamn door. respect for that.

to all the trainers i destroyed, GG, no rematch, hit da gym.

to everyone else, GG as well.

and until next year, don't become a bum, try to keep up, KNOW YOUR GODDAMN ROLE, stay in your MOTHERF*CKIN lane, AND SHUT YOUR GODDAMN MOUTH... PLS.

thanks

Lavos Spawn: Thanks for being the biggest (BAN ME PLEASE) on the team. We really appreciated your bitchy attitude when you were here, and we couldn't have gotten our only win of the season without your presence. We especially enjoyed when you threw a temper tantrum from weeks 3-4 because you were subbed out, only to quit without warning after week 5 when you lost. You truly fucking suck.

Eo Ut Mortus: You know why you're here.

MarceloDK: I'm actually pretty proud of you for winning the last 2 weeks.

JabbaTheGriffin: Thanks for being in on the plan to make a friends team at the beginning of the season only to jump ship when the friends team was predictably bad.

Braverius: Thanks for being a cancer.

Thanks for making this season a good one guys!

Lavos Spawn just to make sure he sees this.

ss234

bop.
lost in a fun one, gg

thx to ruiners for a cool first season, especially bloo, laga, cbb, cristal, nails and mcmeghan for testing w/ me :]

my turn for shoutouts :)

Zebraiken: Glad you convinced those tigres to buy me, even if I couldn't even win a game in 2 years. you were a good testin buddy even though I was to lazy to help you, and you dont play much LC. fren :)
Biosci: dubs master tbh. Even though I'm 2-2 against you, you always surprised me with how badly you could wreck everyone else. gourgeist + heatran strong.
tennisace: best manager in SPL, you were always there to test with us / party with ium ;)
little gk: i dont even know how many test matches i did vs coolmons this year. i tried to make winter of litleo happen week 9, but speed ties ;(. you own :)
elevator music: my other main testing buddy for the first few weeks, tried to make elgyem work for you, but al is 2 gud :(. Wish you didnt get a job, so you could have stopped blarajans 9-0.
Hot n Cold: I dont think anyone on the team worked harder than you did tbh :o, you were there for almost everyone, and put in so much work to make us use the most standard teams possible. You still own though :)
Treecko: r.i.p., source of our best LC record. corphish :)
Lunar: why did you come back I almost got subbed into XY OU to wreck Sinclair. Real talk though you're really cool, and seem to play like everything :O. Hope youre on tigres a gain next year :)
Pwnegone: sux. You're kinda cool even though you predicted me to lose in doubles each time I played. play XY NU when it comes out :)
Raichy: really glad we stole you from the ribbits :)
Valentine: animefag =D. teach me XY OU sometime new fren yn.
Other Tigres: sorry don't know you. Not actually, you're all really cool and fun, hope to see you guys around for a long time!

Non Tigre Shoutouts:
blarajan: honorary tigre :). dont give teams to my opponents, I want to win matches vs people that dont know LC pls. :)
FLCL and Annoyer: Trifecta wooo. annie doesnt suk :).
Soulgazer: bring happy dino to the finals pls.
atomicllamas: bench buddys :)
Oglemi: best host :)

Thank you tigres for giving me a really fun season. Even if I couldnt really help, im glad that I got to be around all you cool people. rawr :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)