Smogon Premier League VI - Week 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I'm just sore because me losing + bunnies winning = him being a braggart-ass piece of garbage and I don't want to deal with that

edit @ below: it's hard to ignore Haruno, even if you actually put him on ignore lists you miss all the stupid shit he says

I'm just sore because me losing + bunnies winning = him being a braggart-ass piece of garbage and I don't want to deal with that

edit @ below: it's hard to ignore Haruno, even if you actually put him on ignore lists you miss all the stupid shit he says
Thanks for giving me an equation. Thanks to math, I now see that the only option after losing is to cry about it and hide from Haruno.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
all right it's my fault for taking a response to an exaggeration seriously so at the risk of making it all worse I'm going to end it, if you have any further grievances take them to my PM inbox please

Yes I'm fucking sore because there was absolutely no reason I should have lost that match; I had an incredible matchup advantage and choked it away, letting myself down, letting my testing partners down, and most importantly letting my teammates down. I was getting a fair amount of shit for that match after it happened and as such I've been avoiding IRC trying to put it behind me and prepare for the (unlikely?) next time I play. Of all the people who were present for the match Haruno is going to be the one who would bring it up as soon as I log back on because that's the kind of person he is and now that bunnies won an SPL match he's going to give me twice as much of a hard time about it all. I've been sick of Haruno's shit for months now, I'm not even letting him start more at this point.

tl;dr yes I am sore, fuck Haruno

chimpact

fire nation
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
all right it's my fault for taking a response to an exaggeration seriously so at the risk of making it all worse I'm going to end it, if you have any further grievances take them to my PM inbox please

Yes I'm fucking sore because there was absolutely no reason I should have lost that match; I had an incredible matchup advantage and choked it away, letting myself down, letting my testing partners down, and most importantly letting my teammates down. I was getting a fair amount of shit for that match after it happened and as such I've been avoiding IRC trying to put it behind me and prepare for the (unlikely?) next time I play. Of all the people who were present for the match Haruno is going to be the one who would bring it up as soon as I log back on because that's the kind of person he is and now that bunnies won an SPL match he's going to give me twice as much of a hard time about it all. I've been sick of Haruno's shit for months now, I'm not even letting him start more at this point.

If you need someone to talk to, I'm here for you.

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hi Arctic, I'm here to respond to your message and to see how maturely you played it out.

okay so I had a terrible loss that shouldn't have been, and Zach won with bunnies

Haruno's going to give me so much shit for these things so if he so much as says "hi" to me next time I log on I swear he's getting banned from #doubles
A terrible loss that shouldn't have been? Is this how spl level players should act? I get the whole letting down your team part, and losing due to hax and those would be legitimate concerns, but losing to a team that's been proven to have very solid and consistent tour results and yet denying it time and time again, and even still saying it's a shit team when you lose to it by a large margin? That's just plain foolishness at that point, and even now you're under the impression that it's bad and saying things like "I shouldn't have lost." Is this really how you should act? Is this really how someone who used to be a former moderator of doubles (okay I'm not 100% sure about this) should act? And you all wonder why players have such a hard time integrating into doubles, it's mostly due to toxic attitudes like this that drives away potential doubles players (why else do you think we've had a grand total of like 5 users out of how many doubles tutees that we've had) and makes the community at large consider doubles as a joke tier.

In all honesty, I wouldn't even have mentioned your loss or even cared enough to look up the replay until you decided to be salty and suddenly decided to call me out of nowhere. Is it really that hard to just say, "I played like shit this week, I'll play better in subsequent weeks." as opposed to just letting your emotions getting the better of you? The salty and most likely blatant power abuse that you're admitting to do is further proof of this, if you need some excuse for losing or somewhere to vent, feel free to rage/roomban me or whatnot. I really couldn't care less, however if I were you, I'd be more worried about practicing and just calming down after one loss, and just win the rest of the weeks.

Why would I be a braggart piece of shit for bunnies winning? I've known that bunnies is one of the most consistent and predictable and yet most difficult to stop teams without a blatant counterteam. The only people that thinks bunnies isn't good are you and I think mizu lol. What's even more disgusting is how you losing turns you into a piexplode like entity just begging for self pity and trying to justify your loss.

I like how you're gay for me though. ♥♥♥ You try to ignore me and then you just come running right back. Let's get married imo.

I don't see why you would even be playing in spl in the first place if you're so afraid of losing and getting given shit. To bring up a more recent example of what being given shit is called, I'd advise you to look no further than bloo's game with tele. Bloo was put under tremendous pressure from the community at large both before and after the game due to the community just dying for him to defeat and silence tele, but instead he ended up losing. However did bloo go about banning users that were giving him shit mostly because he was salty? No, he didn't, and rather despite getting hax'd/outplayed or whatever term you want to use, he managed to simply accept the loss and laugh it off, while congratulating his opponent. It's probably due to an attitude like this, that makes me respect Bloo even more so than his incredibly consistent tour performance.

Honestly I don't see why you'd bother joining spl, or any major tour if you're afraid of all the shit that's been given to you, if you're joining a major tour and hope to do well, you should be prepared to deal with all the shit that you're going to get. Overall all I'll say is to move past the salt, calm the fuck down, and prep for next week of spl so hopefully I can get hyped for your games more, and to show the smogon community as a whole that you're better than #10 on the power rankings. Cheers mate.

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
You all know that using Transform Mew is a genius idea that only a privileged mind could come up with.

And you all wonder why players have such a hard time integrating into doubles, it's mostly due to toxic attitudes like this that drives away potential doubles players (why else do you think we've had a grand total of like 5 users out of how many doubles tutees that we've had) and makes the community at large consider doubles as a joke tier.
I don't wonder, I've said it often. Doubles players are assholes often. Not that I'm the most suited person to speak, but...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)