Smogon Premier League IX - Semi-Finals

Status
Not open for further replies.
since i was on a cruise b4 didnt rly get a chance SO
UNBIASED PREDICTIONS

Wi-Fi Wolfpack (2) vs. Alpha Ruiners (1)

SM OU: ABR vs Cdumas | as always, ill favor abr over pmuch any1 in ou. way too consistent in terms of getting solid matchup and playing optimally. cdumas is good but not good enough
BW OU: SoulWind vs We Three Kings | moxie is above average to me but soulwinds one of the best bwers so have to favor him
ADV OU: Astamatitos vs undisputed | these players are probably pretty even but undisputed is on way too much of a tear to not pick, especially since asta seems to be trending more downwards this spl

Dragonspiral Tyrants (0) vs. Team Raiders (3)

SM OU: z0mOG vs BKC | zomog is decent but its hard to pick against the goat in the tiebreak. even though hes obviously not an sm ou main, he has a great amount of team support and his determination to finally win an spl trophy probably exceeds anyone else in the tournament. add on his obviously stellar plays and it becomes almost impossible to pick against him
SM UU: Christo vs TDK | christo is really solid and im glad he managed to show that hes a great player after being pretty useless in wcop (i mean, he doesnt play ou so LOL). however, pearl has been AMAZING in the amount of good matchups he has been able to generate for pak over the course of the season, and add in tdks elevated play, and it becomes very hard to not pick him in this matchup. not to mention, tdk was a major force in the last uupl, and has displayed a vast amount of knowledge in the tier as well.
DPP OU: Bluewind vs roscoe | roscoe is probably the most consistent dpper on smogon and is making a case to be the best one as well. he's been on a tear and is 2-0 vs bluewind this season. i dont see him dropping this one either

passion

heavenly :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Dragonspiral Tyrants vs Team Raiders:

SM OU: z0mOG vs BKC: we have been best friends for 6 years and i have seen you make large strides since the day we first met. our overwhelming undeniably passionate friendship and subsequent homosexual love have made the both of us grow as humans significantly. i remember that following your poor performance we were in bed one night i was reading my favorite book, pole star for the 10th time, you broke down into tears explaining that you knew you could do better. i knew too. i've always known. i've always believed and you know that. after every poor performance in a team tour i was there for you telling you how times would get better. "you'll get them next time," i would always say and i am extremely proud to say you got them this time. i cannot lie the last 20+ weeks of your spl season i sometimes lie awake in our empty bed thinking about how much i miss you. despite these overwhelming feelings of desire i feel for us to be together again i must say that i am proud of you. (i start to cry). i am proud that you have finally proven yourself and i know you will continue to do so and for that reason i am confident that you will overcome bkc and bring your team to the finals. bring that championship home to us my love.
SM UU: Christo vs TDK : christo is good
DPP OU: Bluewind vs roscoe: roscoe is good

xray

how u doin'?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
SM OU: ABR vs Cdumas - cdu is good but where is Empo?
BW OU: SoulWind vs We Three Kings - W3K might cause an upset though
ADV OU: Astamatitos vs undisputed - this is honestly a 5050 usually if not in Astas favor but undi is in great shape so..

SM OU: z0mOG vs BKC - simply the GOAT
SM UU: Christo vs TDK - Christo has been playing too well so far to pick against him
DPP OU: Bluewind vs roscoe - this one gonna decide the series

SM UU: Christo (45) vs (55) TDK
The Raiders UU core has seemed almost unstoppable this season, with Pearl supporting Pak’s solid play and sensible team choices. Imho, TDK has an even higher skill ceiling than Pak, and with two UU mains backing him up and feeding him info this week I’m going to go with Raiders here. However, Christo has been on excellent form this SPL with a strong finish to the regular season, and ofc picking up a W over Pak this week, so this will be tight.

Only game I really care about in tiebreakers tbh

Can I beat the ape and pick up a 100% season prediction record? Only time will tell...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)