Smogon Premier League IX - Week 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beat TIN 2-0 in two close ones. PP stalling Alakazam was crucial to winning g1, and I somehow avoided defeat in g2 despite getting roudolf13'd.

Thanks to my team for being so supportive with my awful connectivity situation. Thanks to Phillip for being an idiot and saying things that make no sense.

Also, 16 years later and I'm STILL coming up with new techs and innovations. I'm a creative mind, I suppose.

ggs
You're absolutely right, my bad. You've definitely shown signs of improvement over the years. You went from creating alts to sing your own praises, to just praising yourself on your main account. Step in the right direction for sure. Given a few more decades, you may turn into a real upstanding member of the community. I believe in you, dude, you can do it.

GGFan

Banned deucer.
You're absolutely right, my bad. You've definitely shown signs of improvement over the years. You went from creating alts to sing your own praises, to just praising yourself on your main account. Step in the right direction for sure. Given a few more decades, you may turn into a real upstanding member of the community. I believe in you, dude, you can do it.
If you're actually the measuring stick of what an upstanding person is, then I have no intention of "changing my ways." I'll prefer overcoming adversity placed by incompetency and cowardice over being "one of the Smogon boys," that's for sure. You also seem to misunderstand what I meant by calling you an idiot. It was both cowardly and idiotic to assume that I wanted to play on the Chinese server because I, from your perspective, have a reputation for being a cheater when that has clearly never been the case. Moreover, testimonials from players proved my point rather well.

You can go back to getting your alts to agree with you, or do you imply that those are actually separate people? My, what a sad situation THAT is.

Last edited:
If you're actually the measuring stick of what an upstanding person is, then I have no intention of "changing my ways." I'll prefer overcoming adversity placed by incompetency and cowardice over being "one of the Smogon boys," that's for sure. You also seem to misunderstand what I meant by calling you an idiot. It was both cowardly and idiotic to assume that I wanted to play on the Chinese server because I, from your perspective, have a reputation for being a cheater when that has clearly never been the case. Moreover, testimonials from players proved my point rather well.

You can go back to getting your alts to agree with you, or do you imply that those are actually separate people? My, what a sad situation THAT is.
Since there's apparently a need to explicitly say this:

Every game should be played on Smogtours (alt. main if there is a valid reason why and both players consent), with no exceptions. All side servers are forbidden with no exceptions, as not only is it impossible for us to recreate a game that took place anywhere except Smogtours, but we can also not guarantee that mechanics are accurate on those servers (and lets not even start on the ability to cheat). This is non-negotiable.
?

won vs Znain, gg

Now that we're mathematically out, time for some apologies and random thoughts (sorry for the cringe post Ojama, forgive me mentor) :
I'm really disappointed with how this season went. In my obviously biaised opinion, we had the best team on paper even before we drafted Lftz at midseason. Most of us underperformed, and me before anyone else. I cost a lot of money and got the trust from my managers and team mates before I even knew my first opponent but during the first half of the season, I couldn't bring a single point to thank them. Now that I'm feeling more confident in this tour, it's over so the following weeks will have a bitter taste.

After loosing against Kanto, I felt super embarassed because I choked incredibly hard a game that was won if I played safely. Many negative thoughts wandered through my mind after that : I'm not good enough for that tour, I'm being a burden for the team... What I want to say is that this SPL showed me that to become a really good player, pokemon skill is not enough and being solid mentally is essential. Playing games at such a high pressure is something I only did a few times before, so I'm glad I lived this experience in a team with dedicated managers and mates. After I lost against GTM almost everyone in the team sent me a message to tell me not to give up. I owe you one guys, I don't know how I'll make up for your trust but I will. I'd like to thank obii, Phil and Ojama for drafting me in the first place, again I'm really sorry (for real I'm feeling like shit even if I won that last match). Ojama, I know you put a lot of effort to transform me into a better player and I'll do my best to show you it wasn't worth nothing one day (hopefully for next wcop).

I'll keep a slew of memories with you guys : Feli's groceries, obii and Go10's chats about islam, elodin's festival adventures, Prinz's diary filled with dbs and cute pictures, FV pulling tantrums about his college applications, Phil saying "bs french" after boud and go10 forgot they weren't on the team france discord, Flo and Ojama debating about hxh, giara using his extensive academic knowledge to catch luvdiscs on pokemon go instead of building, Eternally being in the future thanks to his godly gmt, Milkman being aware of everything happening in the other's games while no one could understand what was happening in his, Lcans sharing obii's spanish skills to the world, Leftiez summoning his guadeloupean internet at the worst moment... also s/o to my heatrans for getting sacked everyweek, who needs a japanese version of Casimir anyway

Even if we're out, we'll play the following weeks seriously, don't count on us for being bad sports!

bisous

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)