Smogon Premier League IX - Week 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Speedy Mathematics Primate (AKA, The Quick Maths Chimp)
Many of you may be looking for a greater challenge than simply beating Finchinator's predictions. Even the 50/50 ape may be insufficient for some of you high IQ fedora lords. For those of you looking for a new challenge, we at MathsChimp™ Inc. have performed a series of tests using our patented Quick Maths Chimp™.

We incentivized the chimp with bananas to facilitate correct predictions. Each time the chimp was presented with both the players' win-loss records as well as the order of said wins and losses. For each correct prediction, the chimp would be awarded with a banana. For each incorrect prediction the chimp would get nothing. After training the chimp on the previous few weeks using this method, we decided to put it into practice.

Our chimp seems to have made the following assumptions:
  • Higher win rate > Lower win rate
  • Lower loss rate > Higher loss rate
  • When these two conditions failed, the chimp would choose against the person with the most recent losses.
While our chimp never did learn basic arithmetic and only really compared which player had the most wins and least losses, I believe this can at least count as a rudimentary form of Quick Maths. In the future we could attempt to teach the chimp fractions by presenting it with bananas at various stages of ripeness, however this is beyond the scope of our Quick Maths Chimp™ (v.1).

Challenges
Are you able to beat the overall correct prediction rate of the Quick Maths Chimp™?
Are you able to outpredict the chimp on which teams will win?
If we presented Finchinator with the same reward system, could we teach him quick maths?

The Quick Maths Chimp's Predictions
Running Tally: 20 Right/16 Wrong
Ever Grande BIGS (5) vs Wi-fi Wolfpack (7)
SM OU: Eo Ut Mortus vs Trosko
SM OU: bro fist vs ABR
SM UU: Manipulative vs PokeTCG gamer1288
SM RU: Windsong vs soulgazer
SM NU: Kushalos vs Rodriblutar
SM Doubles: Jhon vs marilli
ORAS OU: xray vs Updated Kanto
BW OU: Posho vs SoulWind
DPP OU: d0nut vs Void
ADV OU: Triangles vs Astamatitos
GSC OU: Mr.E vs Fear
RBY OU: marcoasd vs The Idiot Ninja

Circus Maximus Tigers (6) vs Congregation of the Classiest (6)
SM OU: Eternal Spirit vs Sabella
SM OU: p2 vs Blackoblivion
SM UU: A Hero's Destiny vs Sacri'
SM RU: lighthouses vs Bouff
SM NU: Hootie vs Pohjis
SM DOU: MajorBowman vs EmbCPT
ORAS OU: Nintendi vs Znain
BW OU: McMeghan vs Shoka
DPP OU: Tamahome vs NightFox
ADV OU: k3nan vs thelinearcurve
GSC OU: Century Express vs Jimmy Turtwig
RBY OU: Diegolh vs Lusch

Stark Sharks (7) vs Team Raiders (5)
SM OU: BHARATH_THEBEST vs TDK
SM OU: nihilillie vs R!cardo
SM UU: dodmen vs Pak
SM RU: Arifeen vs -Tsunami-
SM NU: Teddeh vs Zukushiku
SM DOU: Demantoid vs Kaori
ORAS OU: Tricking vs Gondra
BW OU: smurf vs BKC
DPP OU: ToF vs roscoe
ADV OU: Kevin Garrett vs Jirachee
GSC OU: Pleasure vs choolio
RBY OU: GGFan vs MetalGro$$

Cryonicles (6) vs Dragonspiral Tyrants (6)
SM OU: Sweepage vs Will of Fire
SM OU: Poek vs z0mOG
SM UU: HT vs Christo
SM RU: Nat vs SilentVerse
SM NU: ict vs cb jose altuve
SM DOU: Biosci vs stax
ORAS OU: CrashinBoomBang vs blunder
BW OU: Arii Stella vs dice
DPP OU: aim vs Bluewind
ADV OU: London Beats vs UD
GSC OU: sulcata vs Lavos
RBY OU: Peasounay vs Earthworm

Indie Scooters (4) vs Alpha Ruiners (8)
SM OU: FlamingVictini vs Cdumas
SM OU: Leftiez vs Kory2600
SM UU: Lycans vs Bushtush
SM RU: Feliburn vs Chill Shadow
SM NU: elodin vs lax
SM DOU: miltankmilk vs qsns
ORAS OU: Mounts vs Hiye
BW OU: Go10 vs ZoroDark
DPP OU: boudouche vs We Three Kings
ADV OU: Ojama vs undisputed
GSC OU: giara vs Tiba
RBY OU: Alexander. vs roudolf13
edit: oh, it looks like someone beat me to the punch by 30m :(
edit2: next week i may build a smarter cybernetic ape if i have the time.

Last edited:

Thunder Pwoell

Banned deucer.
boonkgang whole lotta GANG shit
GOATNALYSIS FO YO ASS
this week imma keep it short cuz ionno got the effort liek that no more you guys be the judge ill just summarize the endgame/important plays
Week 7
USUM

"yo i jus got fucked by that defog landorus" r words, alongside "my name is scarlette johannson and i want you to fuck me harder", that you will probably never hear in your life. what the fuck lmao that shit actually SWUNG the game in btbs favor like btb swung his nuts across pm2s face. YO LEMME RECAP the turn that pm2 actually tossed the game into the recycling while yelling "kobe": did this nigga predict that a tapu koko would have neither uturn or vs???? or did he just /assume/ that koko was gonna have uturn?????? i mean ok i guess i get the play to go to fini on uturn, but uk that if he volts u LOSE INSTANTLY right? whereas tar at least makes him burn the electric se.. nevermind.
Dicks choked: :swole::swole::swole::swole: “KOBE”
iv never seen a lead lando get this much chip on this many things (chip on 2, sr, kill on lucha). UK WHAT I DONT GET BRO IS WHY TF lednahs entire team slow as dicks w not even balloon exca like he just came in the game resigned to the fact that any z lant or like z torn is gonna nab one. ANYWYAS just wanted to point out that zomgs shitteam's 1 lele resist gets fuckin rocked, so why TF IT TOOK HIM 23 WHOLE TURNS TO GET IT IN LMAOOOOOO mfs rlly cant play sm or build goshdarn these 2 teams shouldv been free wins for any half a dick player w a omari-p squad (shoutout omari the only RN on ladder)
LOL ty bruh bruh. If youre ever in nyc lets get wasted

HANTSUKI

satan saves xmas
is a Pre-Contributoris a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
RUPL Champion
The Speedy Mathematics Primate (AKA, The Quick Maths Chimp)
Many of you may be looking for a greater challenge than simply beating Finchinator's predictions. Even the 50/50 ape may be insufficient for some of you high IQ fedora lords. For those of you looking for a new challenge, we at MathsChimp™ Inc. have performed a series of tests using our patented Quick Maths Chimp™.

We incentivized the chimp with bananas to facilitate correct predictions. Each time the chimp was presented with both the players' win-loss records as well as the order of said wins and losses. For each correct prediction, the chimp would be awarded with a banana. For each incorrect prediction the chimp would get nothing. After training the chimp on the previous few weeks using this method, we decided to put it into practice.

Our chimp seems to have made the following assumptions:
  • Higher win rate > Lower win rate
  • Lower loss rate > Higher loss rate
  • When these two conditions failed, the chimp would choose against the person with the most recent losses.
While our chimp never did learn basic arithmetic and only really compared which player had the most wins and least losses, I believe this can at least count as a rudimentary form of Quick Maths. In the future we could attempt to teach the chimp fractions by presenting it with bananas at various stages of ripeness, however this is beyond the scope of our Quick Maths Chimp™ (v.1).

Challenges
Are you able to beat the overall correct prediction rate of the Quick Maths Chimp™?
Are you able to outpredict the chimp on which teams will win?
If we presented Finchinator with the same reward system, could we teach him quick maths?

The Quick Maths Chimp's Predictions
Ever Grande BIGS (5) vs Wi-fi Wolfpack (7)
SM OU: Eo Ut Mortus vs Trosko
SM UU: Manipulative vs PokeTCG gamer1288
SM RU: Windsong vs soulgazer
SM NU: Kushalos vs Rodriblutar
SM Doubles: Jhon vs marilli
ORAS OU: xray vs Updated Kanto
BW OU: Posho vs SoulWind
GSC OU: Mr.E vs Fear
RBY OU: marcoasd vs The Idiot Ninja

Circus Maximus Tigers (6) vs Congregation of the Classiest (6)
SM UU: A Hero's Destiny vs Sacri'
SM RU: lighthouses vs Bouff
SM NU: Hootie vs Pohjis
SM DOU: MajorBowman vs EmbCPT
ORAS OU: Nintendi vs Znain
DPP OU: Tamahome vs NightFox
ADV OU: k3nan vs thelinearcurve
GSC OU: Century Express vs Jimmy Turtwig
RBY OU: Diegolh vs Lusch

Stark Sharks (7) vs Team Raiders (5)
SM OU: BHARATH_THEBEST vs TDK
SM OU: nihilillie vs R!cardo
SM NU: Teddeh vs Zukushiku
SM DOU: Demantoid vs Kaori
ORAS OU: Tricking vs Gondra
BW OU: smurf vs BKC
DPP OU: ToF vs roscoe
ADV OU: Kevin Garrett vs Jirachee
GSC OU: Pleasure vs choolio
RBY OU: GGFan vs MetalGro$$

Cryonicles (6) vs Dragonspiral Tyrants (6)
SM OU: Sweepage vs Will of Fire
SM OU: Poek vs z0mOG
SM UU: HT vs Christo
SM RU: Nat vs SilentVerse
SM NU: ict vs cb jose altuve
SM DOU: Biosci vs stax
DPP OU: aim vs Bluewind
ADV OU: London Beats vs UD

Indie Scooters (4) vs Alpha Ruiners (8)
SM OU: FlamingVictini vs Cdumas
SM OU: Leftiez vs Kory2600
SM UU: Lycans vs Bushtush
SM RU: Feliburn vs Chill Shadow
SM DOU: miltankmilk vs qsns
DPP OU: boudouche vs We Three Kings
GSC OU: giara vs Tiba
RBY OU: Alexander. vs roudolf13
edit: oh, it looks like someone beat me to the punch by 30m :(
edit2: next week i may build a smarter cybernetic ape if i have the time.
bad post, if you're going to talk about monkeys you should talk about you know NAPes ahahahahahahahahaahahahahahaha

pretty sure you could spend hours doing that...

CTC

Banned deucer.
is a defending SPL Championis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Big Chungus Winner
GOATNALYSIS
Week 7
ORAS

what a beatdown, this shit was a 6-0 if blunders gross didnt get crit by jet. heres the play of the game on turn 9. before rewathing this game more carefully this time, i always said that holy fuck who doesnt hjk lmao his opp was just bad. however this time i realized that a mindgame is happening in which blunder made exiline look like

ok lemme break it down for u. rocky helmet was SHOWN so exi knows blunder knows tang can get chip on gross, and hjk kills gross while gross has a good chance to not kill cham. blunder has also SHOWN pursuit, meaning exi knows that blunder knows htat exi is disincentivized to switch out henceforth resulting in the very likely hjk, meaning that blunder's 2 plays were clicking a stab vs going to jelly. exi then makes the midground play (or am i giving him too much credit?) by going tangrowth but YABOI goatder already saw this play develop before exi even sat down w a plate of hotpockets to build his team last night. DAMN hes good. anyways in the first 20 turns brodie connected on 3 attacks lmao not even connected, attempted too. at the rate that the economic cycle is going id recommend blunder start selling around 2020, cuz that real estate hes got in exi's head gonn decline in value real soon after that.
Blunders brain muscles during game: :swole::swole::swole::swole::swole:
damn i havent seen a team 6-0d by bisharp in a long time, but then again w keld spammers n tang n zor n shit to pivot on meta no wonder bish has become just a mu mon, much like the volc on the other side. volc type shits is gr8 for fat but unfort taht it's facing offense this time, aka it gon be useless. ok did mounts fucking predict poison jab or a jelly double or something???? LOOOOOL bro switched gross which 2kod the ENTIRE team into a knock, but the funniest shit is IT STILL GOT ITS NUT OFF SO HARD LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL damn the fuckin mindgames between these two i cant take this shit. ok but waitm,,,,,,, whyd it cost xray 14 mons and his real life pinky to go to lando t tho,,, what was he saving it for the physical dd latios?????? why it take brodie literally 12 sacks to bring it in tho was he expecting Z to kill landoT?????????????????? WAS HE EXPECTING THE NATURAL GIFT ICE????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? IT AINT LO BRO oh nvm assumed blackglasses ok that was not a bad play then who coulda thot lum tho it rlly is a 5050 bank on that one. no matter what set tho lati plus azu was prolly winning, so it didnt matter and even if he went lando and killed it chances r he still losin to actually no if he guessed lum correctly n went landorus he had a chance depending on the azu set, so tankchomp scrflati vestzu? or bellyzu cuz he didnt switch into knock, so bellyzu most likley, but then again he miaght have jus been saving it for volc i rlly cant tell the set. ok if land killed bish it was still in favor of mounts. i typed a fuckin paragraph theorycrafting the lategame depending on the 3 possible azu sets but it all depends on how xray played but then i deleted it all cuz fuck it fact is bisharp 8=8
choked: not a choke just guessed wrong set. reasonable loss :swole::swole: (tbf if it WAS blackglasses and u trade jelly for bish, rox still goin up and azu still wins (any of the 3 sets) so the ONLY chance u had was to go to lant right away but hindsight is 2020
znain had an absolutely UNLOSABLE fucking game lmaoooooo lets discount the first couple turns where he got CHOKESLAMMED and used as a nutbucket by kanto, i mean GOOD LORD kanto doubled more than fucking cybertron and got ALL KINDA MOMENTUM but the team advantage was so huge that (oh also cuz he stayed in w tran on the scor switch thinking that OK THIS TIME znain is gonna react to all these doubles but NOPE CUCK TESTA! ZNAIN LIKES DICK TOO MUCH) ok lemme break it down for ya HERES A +1 FUCKING GROSS AND HE FUCKING ZENS THE TRAN LIKE SCRF LANDO WAS EVER COMING IN BRO WATS TRAN DOING LMAO IF LANDO DIES THIS GAME IS OVER U RLLY THINK SCRF LANt BE THE ONE TO COME IN ON A HIT RN???????????????good lord znain is so fucking BAD holy shit all he had to do was predict the eq v uturn correctly every time (but then again u still have a counter to everything p much) this is how u risk and toss the wincon into the opposing teams hands
BUT WAIT THERES FUCKING MORE ONE DICK ISNT ENUF HOWS 2 DOWN THE CHUTE did i rlly just see a +3 manaphy predict the amoongus to switch in BRO U CANT JUST ASSUME THAT JUS CUZ HE HASNT SEEN UR SET HE KNOWS UR NOT ICE BEAM HOLY DICKS IF HE DOESNT EQ THERE AND SWITCHES AND U HAVE ICE + GRASS OR JUST PSYCHIC, WHAT U THINK HE HAS FOR THIS? bros this shit rlly just tough to watch znain got the ultimate anti fat n still managed to pull off what isiah thomas pulled off right here
Here you can have this one bro
dicks swallowed: :swole::swole::swole::swole::swole: bros this the hottest pile of garbage yet lmao and to think that i thought znain isnt absolute horsegooche cuz i THOUGHT he played decent games the last 2 weeks DAMN im fuckin retarded
when the last time DD was considered an above avg gen 6 player? xy? 2015????? bro look at this shit ass game no plays were made til tar superpowered the keld like bro why u never clickin uturn for shit bro, also i think taht taunting w tran is a better play because at worst hes fast and gets rocks, which lets u know he could have eep which u can then pivot to ur lant next turn, but if u taunt and hes slower, u prevent rox and now he thinks ur fast and now hes scared, now u have ALL the momentum. anyhow movin on, this why havin lant as ur phys def mon is fuckin gooche cuz u too scared to switch it into tar n shit but then again if the first sedge had hit dd would still have had to pick one on that turn that he STUPIDLY clicked dpulse LIKE WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY even if u r 4 attacks u HARD into keld or lant
ok all this analysis aside and dd's dogshit plays aside i think the MU was too much in favor of tendi (esp considering no burn on slowbro n burn on amoong) that this was a 8-2 game at turn 0 UNLESS dd's tran was faster than his tran and he stayed in to taunt t2 (in which case keld + hydra volting around + possible pursuit zor could POSSIBLY do work but then again his breakers r keld hydra n zor while tendi has torn bro lati tran AND tar,,,, phew gl winnin this shit unless u hit the right move EVERY turn w spex hydra and u have fire fight dark draco coverage
dicks choked: not much there :swole: just bad plays, bro DD actually made/attempted 0 plays this game like literally 0 bro telegraphed his mind we might have actually discovered the world's first reverse telepath
fuck what ya heard even tho ricardo got his shit pushed in by blunder he came out hard this week, outplaying poek for a solid 16 turns before cian miss set him back heavily. though i wouldnt call t18 a missplay because a good player CAN afford to double wave there and tank a moonblast, i still think poek needed rocks up WAY too badly, so a double to keld on the lant there would have been MONUMENTAL and prolly got a kill/the game. hard to call in the moment tho, esp since the miss tilts unveterans (cbb for a fact goin gross there if hes been makin taht level of plays all game, and gross doesnt care about para as much as keld, keeps rox off and is a slower switchout so ice kills since no intimidate)
ok even then w rox up poek is still at a disadvantage, and he KEEPS pulsing into clef BRUHHHH,,, ok turn 24 ricardo fell for the most obvious twave of all time like bro how u undo every play u made til turn 16 BY TURN 24 OK U MISSED STOP THROWING DAMN I AHTE A CHOKER fuck. the eq play too like ok so what if he goes to his meta on ur mash u can pivot bro all day its consistent chip plus u can killl lant for free if he went to it,,,,another missed cain loses him even more momentum lol then he loses gross and shit goes to shit. the pump miss sucks and sealed the game, poek REALLY got bailed out by luck this game tho ricardo definitely did some of the steph currying the game into the bin. howeveer, fuck poek for using gay ass twave spam and banking on luck so much lmao i swr a lot of these players literally are only "good" because of their luck like take away their luck they avg or above avg at most i dont ever wanna see no "poek is top xx oras player" nah not after gettin ur dick tickled for a whole 16 turns then getting lucky
how hard it was to hit a move for ricardo (and not throw): :swole::swole::swole::swole:
BW
bro after taht t1 i rlly thought the game was over,,, anyhow dice rlly JR SMITHED this one and half courted w that vcreate.

uk that since u have toxic u can play the long game and u will GUARANTEE tje win w vic right u jus never click not uturn w vic and u chip w toxic and rox the game is NEVER losable cuz ur chans will never full para cuz u switch to tails/cress every time ur twaved and after u toxic the chansey
ok LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO nothin i love more than seein stupid mfs go for the unsafest option and not secure the 100% bag ayyyyyy
SHOUTOUT SMURF HENNYTHING IS POSSIBLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

hennys consumed by smurf and cocks by dice: :swole::swole::swole::swole::swole:
go10 got pretty unlucky early but he still played p well. i think posho couldnt afford to make midground plays and needed to go full aggro this game because damn look at what ferro does to his asshole (also the gar tech w spikes PHEW) the mu was SO much in favor of go10 that since gar wasnt dyin to ihead, it was gonna be hard as shit for him to win unless he doubled to keld on exactly turn 3 to stop hazards and then to rachi actually nah no way he winnin seed heals on everything and protect on tenta (tenta also solos) iv never seen a rain this weak to mirrors HOLY FOOK this was a 9-1 game
dicks choked: needed to at least have had a HOPE of winning haha,,:pikuh:
this is one of those standard rain offense v standard sand offense w no techs for the other weather, so its just trading mons/weather until one outplays. right off the bat i wouldv prolly gone for gem rage t1 if it killed, but turns out the roll was 50% so sw played early game the right way. on top of that using a couple doubles he kept pressure up w keld, SCARED out gyara w rachi then SCARED out the fuckign predicted scarfdrill :obamaphew: damn this mf SCARY. give shoka credit for the good double to tar on lati turn 20, but after playing very smart around not letting gyara set up sw was at a good lategame scenario. +1 gyara v sw i think that turn was a fire turn where shoka had a CLEAN 44% chance to win off the flinch/miss vs rachi if starmie died but more importantly he just has to not lose the double switch exca>rachi while rachi>keld. Chances r in his favor if he just killed starmie w bounce, so he figured sw would go hard rachi WHICH GETS READ BY SW phewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww this game is heat.
dicks choked: nah jus got PER:swole:TED 8===D~~~~~
damn roro wanted to be gay and play the mu game WELL GET FUCKED SUNSTALL PUSSY taunt roost hydra actually 6-0d that team GET TECCd
but on turn 40 zoro coulda CHOKED ON DICKS if cress woke and ddidnt flinch and got off toxic cuz mew potentially beat the last 4 along w chansey (hydra has to taunt on switch > either dp the cress double or go shao on toss/mew, i think its winnable for both so i wont discuss it but yea who doesnt taunt (even if it was ib it does 30 somethin,,,,)
yea TRIED to give mcm a chacnce but luckily GOD said fuck sunstall ban dug and ban sand rush/ss/chloro
opportunities given: :swole::swole::swole::swole:
any1 seen t1? FREE ass rocks. thats how u play bw. also OFC arii stella has made ZERO plays in his entire life and wastes spore goddamn this tran puttin this game on his back wo clicking ONE attack. OFC michael scott comes into the scene and SEXUALLY HARASSES breloom and tar for multiple turns, but it seems like arii is the one working for a paper company cuz he blank tf out and gettin dundered in the mifflin by big rak. on t 25 he needed to go to zam on the trick idk what ww was like if u predict an attack u roost if u predict rak u go zam if u predict trick u go zam what does ww do for u???? so u predicted the trick but u decided ww was the best play not even gettin em up to possibly click sedge later on w lant??????? bruh,,,, anyways kev outplayed so hard for so much of the game that it was over by t25 anyways.
dicks choked: :swole::swole::swole: wtf is wwind??????? bw filled w bads man

Last edited:

Valentine

Banned deucer.

DPP OU: Tamahome vs NightFox - lowkey game of the tour

SM OU: Poek vs z0mOG - why frens gotta fite

SM OU: FlamingVictini vs Cdumas - damn, john v abr and this same week..

boonkgang whole lotta GANG shit
GOATNALYSIS FO YO ASS
this week imma keep it short cuz ionno got the effort liek that no more you guys be the judge ill just summarize the endgame/important plays
Week 7
USUM

"yo i jus got fucked by that defog landorus" r words, alongside "my name is scarlette johannson and i want you to fuck me harder", that you will probably never hear in your life. what the fuck lmao that shit actually SWUNG the game in btbs favor like btb swung his nuts across pm2s face. YO LEMME RECAP the turn that pm2 actually tossed the game into the recycling while yelling "kobe": did this nigga predict that a tapu koko would have neither uturn or vs???? or did he just /assume/ that koko was gonna have uturn?????? i mean ok i guess i get the play to go to fini on uturn, but uk that if he volts u LOSE INSTANTLY right? whereas tar at least makes him burn the electric se.. nevermind.
Dicks choked: :swole::swole::swole::swole: “KOBE”
iv never seen a lead lando get this much chip on this many things (chip on 2, sr, kill on lucha). UK WHAT I DONT GET BRO IS WHY TF lednahs entire team slow as dicks w not even balloon exca like he just came in the game resigned to the fact that any z lant or like z torn is gonna nab one. ANYWYAS just wanted to point out that zomgs shitteam's 1 lele resist gets fuckin rocked, so why TF IT TOOK HIM 23 WHOLE TURNS TO GET IT IN LMAOOOOOO mfs rlly cant play sm or build goshdarn these 2 teams shouldv been free wins for any half a dick player w a omari-p squad (shoutout omari the only RN on ladder)
dicks choked: :swole::swole::swole::swole: yea we out here runnin unmomentum kokos eggsdeeeeeeeeeee
bruh john coulda lost t1 to a roll wait no actually BOTH coulda lost t1 WTF who tf does that but then agian if switching means losing momentum 100% while staying in u can bank on speed tie + roll, ok the both made the right aggro play. i thnk fv overpredicted and went gren on uh,,, knock im p sure knock or uturn to keep up momentum, or didnt expect zcain. icicle miss will play a part in the game later so thats unfort, both proceed to trade hazards n make midground plays cuz both r safe n good players, john made some nice reads to pivot gren in to scout lati set and chip amoong on switch w a nice ft whihc also hits zone. a few nice doubles later (on fvs part) wer at turn 36 which, since mamo didnt get chip fv couldnt go directly zone at any point of the game cuz he didnt know it was special def or not (it was phys). that played a not too big part in the game, but lets start from t36 and on. john comes in to get regen, fv and him both know so fv roosts. now on turn 37 its the only play that mattered. lemme break it down for u here. Lati has psy/draco/roost (eq prolly), so if he had gone for draco on the venu then the clef was comin in, fv then has to go to zone on the recover, and if he makes the read to double into lati on the zygarde then he is still golden to win the game. in any case fv has to lose 2 5050s if he goes for draco, whereas if he double psychics into zygarde then he risks dying to outrage then losing to venu + torn (outrage kills lati, zone revenges, venu heals on cannon, can sack clef for drops and zone cant switchout or dies to knock. guaranteed loss). fv used this against john (no flex but i said that he had to double psy while watching the game live), and chose the risker option which was to psychic right away. at this point johns only hope was to confuse cuz es does 47 max, but if the slludge didnt poison then this wouldnt have been that big of an issue right? howeveer, if sludge didnt poison and no confusion happened, lati wouldv killed torn w on avg 44-45 ish% hp, which he can then sack lando to the zygarde (depending on if he predicted band but look at johns no breaker ass team what do u think it was lol) and come back to heal w lati. honestly i think when he roosted to 100% he shoulda just attacked the torn the next turn (which was the turn b4 confuse) because cain and -1 espeed both needed to roll MAX for lati to have died to how i said it wouldv played out, but then again 15% chance yo and counting miss chacne, i wouldnt have blamed fv one bit considering how low the chances r. anyways this was a good ass game neither side gave up any momentum at all all game and thats just how they play, if u play these players expect lots of midground plays and NEVER anything obvious.
NOTHING EASY - zaza voice

:pikuh: no chokes here
TLDR: eos entire dogshit team does nothing and is walled by any unboltbeam weak mon also a mon like tangrowth walls and kncoks his entire shit, also somethin like kart jus knocks his entire shit and taht unsemistall unoffense unbalance dogshit just plays to not lose and hope they run into a retard like OH SPEAK OF THE DEVIL leftnut LMAOOOO HE RLLY TRIED SO HARD TO PLAY AROUND THE GEAR AND U CAN TELL HES RETARDED CUZ GOING EXCA ON BOLT/SHIFT BOTH WORKED LMAO JUS BAIT OUT THE FIGHTING ON THE SWITCH bACK TO PEX MA NIGGA IF UR WORRIED LMAOOOOOOOOO BRODIE RLLY NVER WENT TO EXCA LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCHE BRO GOOCHE HOW HE LOSE THAT LEFTIES IS STR8 DOODOOBUTTER THE GEAR DIDNT EVVEN HAVE LEFTIES LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL "ruh roh i didnt know it got a boost on my sac xd" headass LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL FUCK U DID PUSSY U JUS MISPLAYED U WANTED TO SACK ON BOLT N PIVOT TO EXCA FOR FREE LMAO U RETARD STOP PLAYIN LIKE UR A UNRETARD LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
leftiez lunch: :swole::swole::swole::swole::swole: leftiez went from not being able to have lunch to becomin someones lunch
*CORRECTION* after talking w leftiez it turns out that gear was fb mot cm, and leftiez genuinely forgot how soulheart worked. In that case he manned up to his misplay and in light of the whol game I think he came out the better player here.
bruh someone to tell abr to stop jus theorizing teams and put them on paper. yea some of ur tecc sets hit but ur teams r so fuckin slow and unmomentum if ur techs dont hit u just get ass chewed nigga cmon u not basedlord. ok fine team wasnt TAHT bad or slow and he ran into zard but also the "always click spikes w ninja" strat DONT WORK LOOOOOOOOL LOST NINJA TO TAHT AND LOST LANT PREDICTING THE FBLAST LOOOOOOOOOOOOL BRUH STOP GIVIN MFS 2 MUCH CREDIT LIKE THEY NOT JUST CLICKIN BUTTONS (the tran on spikes is skill but NOBODY doesnt ft w zard on the lando pivot). yea nayways this game was hard as shit to win cuz volturn + zard ate. imagine that was the unbad gren set aka ash tho,,, 8=8
dicks chomped: :swole::swole: :swole:abr stop playin yaself mans rlly got 6-0d GOATED LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
is it jus me or was ther ZERO PLAYS MADE NOR ATTEMPTED til like t18 of the game where, ill give sab credit, but still the play was on the back of trosk being unable to click the most INFURIATINGLY predictable move JESUS FUCK IT MAKES ME MAD TO WATCH LOL AND THEN HE GETS REWARDED W LUCK sdagksgnasgjsagasg IM DONE BROS SM RLLY DONT TAKE ZERO SKILL IM NOT SAYIN SAB PLAYED A SKILLED GAME NIGGAS RLLY CANT WIN WO RAIN FUCK SM (BTW the "rewarded" part isnt fb miss its the TA crit cuz unless lati misses draco the fb hitting wasnt savin sab)
this tier: :swole::swole::swole::swole::swole: fuck this tier this game took away all my hopes that this tier was watchable
again p2 came w da TECCS but lemme jus ask u to all the abrs and p2s if u tecc vs a common but not guaranteed mon when there r many many other counters to ur TECCER, is it rlly worth it? like i mean how often is a clef gonna be someones sole answer to zy.... nevermind. p2 rlly pulled up w 1 breaker lol and it died early, and he actually might have had a chance if he clicked crash at any point in the game on the multiple koko switchins (goin for crit). alas game was over as shit cuz tran put in too much work, koko pivots all day, and everytihgn on p2s team is walled.
not a spectacular game, this couldv taken place on teambuilder.pokemonshowdown.com moreso than play.pokemonshowdown,com
dicks choked: :swole:not much to choke xept maybe icicle
yea another 0brain rainspam clicker lmao ok this time es brought his usual style again which is fat so i dont blame rain spammin since its offense and offense > fatter balance but once empo saw spexcain do 50 to a lati and decided that gear was a better check to it than gren after a defog (if it isnt mono attacking then u lost t0 anyways) the game just ended. yea naother mu win i rlly love usm. At least this one was a dick in mouth game so the game ended faster! though if per was played right this game was winnab.... never its empo we talkin bout lmao "spam rain" "gear checks everyting" headass haha
shafts devoured: :swole::swole::swole::swole:
after the game cbb thought taht goin for uturn (or was it spikes) t1 was a better play which i agree 100% cuz NOMATTER WHAT hes goin pex to get ts since ts destroys that team and diancie doesnt rlly stop it (lmao skillfull players alwyas use pex bro keep this mon and keep this tier funa nd skilled xdddddd) t7 staying in w mag on land i also dont agree w but maybe predicted zfly or think that mag is useless idk cuz doubt he not eqing but still u cant assume sets and torn > mag in importance, but why never click flash tho its nice chip and its not like tdk ever gon let tran come in on vs and risk losin all the momentum he built up (which is jus leadin pex and clickin ts btw, my point being tdk didnt need any skill to be at the point hes at in this game) cbb does a good job scoutnig z on tapu off the back of defogging w mag sack. after massively outplaying to get momentum aka rocks and switch advantage back in his favor, cbb made the mistake of trading blows w bulu sinc ehe needed bulu for gren. i guess goin torn was risky but if it wasnt burned it was free (there we go w tdk not needing any skill to be at an advantage, jus go pex bro click ts or scald xd)
anyhow at turn 38 cbb put himself in a position where he can win off of a hydro miss, but in hindsight tdk has 2 many sacks theres no way hes switching out like why would he switch there w 5 mons vs 3, 1 sack in koko more than enuf. however i dont blame him for playing off the choke but idk he coulda had a chance to win w diancie off hydro miss (NO UTURN??? ok maybe its spikes but like idgi)
tough game for cbb, needed to outplay even more turns, which by the looks of the game you would think are the majority.
not rlly a choke but if gren didnt have uturn he played off tdk choking i guess? but ye still if gren didnt have uturn then i think cbb made the right play.
:pikuh:
ye rain v offense not lookin good for joe. however confuse on koko was pretty critical discouraging a roost/vs since doesnt matter if pert comes in tang is free. that just sucks, cuz joe lost all momentum afte rhaving to switch out on the confuse (IMAGIN STAYIN IN ON THAT SHIT LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL BET GONDRA THOT HE WAS HOT SHIT ON THAT TURN). hjk miss sealed it even tho the game was still to some degree playable at that point (not rlly, needed chokes) but yea sacking gren was p bad too i assume its scarf since noone sacks ash gren in that situation. bad luck / mu as always poor joe
:pikuh:

this concludes the USM part of this week's goatnalysis
These are my fav posts on here litrally in tears

GGFan

Banned deucer.
People have been wondering how exactly I have become so well liked and endearing over such a short period of time. Why, it's because I read the best-selling book, "How to be accepted on Smogon." This seminal piece of literature outlines the rules that, if followed precisely, will result in adoration, friendship, and a plethora of meaty likes.

1. Call Finchinator ugly and dumber than a chimp.
2. Call other people autistic.
3. Write like a 14-year-old aggressive black teenager even though you're as white and frail as snow.
4. Call other people memes.
5. Claim that RBY is devoid of skill and ignore the fact that your favorite generation is often decided before the game even starts.
6. Call other people cheaters.
7. Accuse other teams of foul play when yours takes wins by any means necessary.
8. Memorize the exact Pokemon, movesets, and EVs certain players used in previous incarnations of SPL.
9. Objectify women and constantly vent your sexual frustration by posting pictures of them and writing about having sex.
10. Stop bothering with this site after SPL.

Last edited:

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Let it be known that last week I predicted 9 games correctly and 6 games incorrectly in my serious prediction post. This is a clear victory over the ape for me!

Anyway, I'm really glad this whole mini-hype/discussion my predictions and Undi's responses have generated -- seems like the thread is a bit more lively and more people are interested, which is great.

SM OU: Eternal Spirit (51) vs (49) Sabella - Both have been playing well and Sabella has been on an even more consistent basis regardless of overall records, but everything seems to be favoring ES and his ceiling seems pretty damn high as a player (not to mention that Sabella seems to be spamming rain and only that, so not the best look per se), so favoring him in a tight one
SM OU: p2 (45) vs (55) Blackoblivion - well, he beat John and ABR...even if he didn't need to do a ton either game, that still says quite a bit. p2 beat John, too, tbf, but I'd say that game was more of a negative for my perspective of him as a player than a positive. Overall, BO has shown he is the real deal for the most part this tournament and while he will be unhappy that I am predicting him to win, he is the clear favorite here, imo
SM NU: Hootie (55) vs (45) Pohjis - finally, hootman is back where he belongs! I think he is really motivated to keep his spot and prove that he is legit good, so I expect him to play well and overall I view him to be a slight notch above Pohjis as an NUer
BW OU: McMeghan (60) vs (40) Shoka - Roro is just better and whatever motivation/activity Shoka may have on him could very well be held back by his team being out and him still potentially being rusty (?), so just gonna go with roroat here

SM OU: BHARATH_THEBEST (51) vs (49) TDK - Outplayed more throughout the whole tournament and while TDK had a great showing last week, still haven't seen as much from him in SM recently whereas BTB has only SMd this tour and hopefully won't be under as much scrutiny with team choice now that his team is out. Overall, really exciting game, but both are (somewhat) versatile and surely unique builders, so I am interested to see teams and give BTB the slight edge just based off of what I said before about what we have seen so far from both of them
SM OU: nihilillie vs R!cardo - :pikUh:
SM NU: Teddeh (51) vs (49) Zukushiku - Two of the only NUers that don't drive me insane this tournament with their gameplay -- both are solid as fuck and while Teddeh goofed around early on last week, he ended up winning a pretty bad game and he has had some better/stronger performances this year to go along with that. Zuku is fire, too, but I think his individual grasp on the tier runs through FLCL and Teddeh's is more genuine as an individual, so that is kinda my tiebreak as I view both to be on par with each other as players (Teddeh has more outplaying potential, but also more fuck-up potential whereas Zuku is just kinda split in the middle given the small sample size I have seen so far where he only messed up a few turns during 2-3 games and played the rest relatively well)
BW OU: smurf (40) vs (60) BKC - Really interested to see what both bring, but so far BW has been kinda disappointing ngl. Gotta go with BKC just bc of who he is and whatnot, but smurf can undoubtebly pull a fast one on anyone in this playerbase, so wouldn't be shocked to see him take it home either under the right circumstances

SM OU: Sweepage vs Will of Fire - :pikUh:
SM OU: Poek vs z0mOG - already happened, unfortunately
BW OU: Arii Stella (35) vs (65) dice - well, yea...dice has been doing well all season and while Arii/whoever is playing is far from a total pushover, you still have to favor dice here decisively given what we have seen, especially from the Tyrants BWer, but also the lack of what we have seen from his opponent overall in BW

blunder vs cbb, btw

SM OU: FlamingVictini (55) vs (45) Cdumas - FV is great and his teams always interest me, I think he matches up well here and takes it as Cdumas just struggles to break through some oddly crafted semi-balance piloted to perfection by the Scooters SM OUer
SM OU: Leftiez (55) vs (45) Kory2600 - Just no Mega Sceptile...SDef Amoonguss counters it!
SM NU: elodin (49) vs (51) lax - lax has done more in NU this tour and has actually been doing fairly well whereas elodin has one game under his belt and he had to face the cook, so it was probably a pretty demoralizing experience for the versatile Brazilian, unfortunately
BW OU: Go10 (45) vs (55) ZoroDark - Zoro should know Ojama's teams well enough and pilot some anti-Mamo standard Sand well enough to emerge victorious, I reckon

Jirachee

phoenix reborn
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Slick Rachee vs Dr. Garrett is Sunday, 5 PM EST; do not miss this once in a lifetime event!

I'll predict a few matches this week:
BW OU: Posho vs SoulWind - This BW clash of titan will hopefully not be ruined by stupid matchup teams, because it's shaping up to be a close one otherwise. I have Posho bouncing back and slapping the insect molester. Playing skill-wise, both of these guys are up there but I think Posho has the playstyle to take advantage of SW's safe plays. Provided that Posho doesn't decided to load trash like Alomomola or SubPunch Tar (seriously, what the fuck) if he gains an upper hand early he should be able to snatch a dub.
DPP OU: d0nut vs Void - I hate predicting a cheesemaster to win but here I am. d0nut's squad was interesting last week so maybe he can pull up with another unique strategy but these tend to be hit or miss. As long as Void gets his team from showdown.replays.com/BKC and not showdown.replays.com/Nelson this should be an interesting game
ADV OU: Triangles vs Astamatitos - This close game could be decided by teams. I think Triangles is a generally extremely solid player but he tends to bank on his opp not bringing certain combos (I don't think his team last week was equipped to deal with Tar + Aero, for example.) Asta on the other hand always seems to be ready for any possibility.
GSC OU: Mr.E vs Fear - Fear's play throughout SPL has been very impressive, to say the least. He definitely is one of the top dogs in this GSC pool. What I like about Mr.E though is that he never seems to give up on games even though he describes himself as the unluckiest ever. This could be the week karma strikes back if Fear offensive ggs again though, so watch out

BW OU: McMeghan vs Shoka - Lord knows if this game will matter by the time they play, but I think you'd be crazy to ever predict against McMeghan even considering his record this year. Shoka tends to stick to his (very weird) standard, and McMeghan loves to prey on that using matchup teams, and considering how strong these are in BW right now I think there's a very good chance he'll have the upper hand early.
DPP OU: Tamahome vs NightFox - This is the best DPP match of the week. I think Tama has made too big an effort to not stick to his guns this SPL which has impacted his results negatively. I don't REALLY want to see sub rachi again, though. NightFox can use a lot of things but he loves to use those bulky offense teams which are a delight to watch.
ADV OU: k3nan vs thelinearcurve - Tigers ADV hasn't been winning a lot, but k3nan played a nice game against undis last week. I wasn't really a fan of the team he brought the week before though, it seemed very hit or miss. I'm picking linear here because he's on a hot streak after starting 0-4 and who doesn't like a feel good story? Plus I want to end his winning streak and send him to 4-5 next week.
GSC OU: Century Express vs Jimmy Turtwig - What I like about this match is that they both play very well and give us a fresh look on GSC which has had a lot of mainstay names over the past few years. The reason why I'm picking Jimmy here is because he seems to be tremendously versatile as far as playstyle goes which can definitely be a huge asset in GSC, cause you don't want your tendencies to be picked on by the right Lax set.

BW OU: Arii Stella vs dice - No offense to Arii but the sets on the team she used last week seemed like the belonged to another generation. dice is probably the most up to date BW player there is so he should have a huge advantage on that front. I don't expect a blowout because both of them can play, but this should always result in a dice win (unless he brings CHEESE.)
DPP OU: aim vs Bluewind - I feel like Joey plays scared now. I'm not sure why but he doesn't make the big plays like he used to. Hope he can get out of this funk because he's a very entertaining player to watch. Bluewind brings extremely well built teams so I'm looking forward to see what he concocted for our viewing pleasure.
ADV OU: London Beats vs UD - In a duel between my previous two opponents, I'm going with the one who beat me! UD seems to have an excellent grasp over RSE. London could surprise us with an uncommon strategy, though.
GSC OU: sulcata vs Lavos - Lavos is the only GSC player in this pool who isn't afraid to bring ANYTHING which is a huge plus for him. I know Conflict uses those weird UU mons but I'm talking about stuff like Sleep Trap, etc. that are always scary to face or use. He also plays extremely well. sulcata has been giving a hard time to all of his opponents though, so I'm not putting all my eggs in the Lavos basket.

BW OU: Go10 vs ZoroDark - Impressive win against Posho last week, who is undoubtedly one of the top dogs in BW. I know Zoro beat McMeghan but that turn vs Cress was really bad, man. Really really bad. It's also hard to choose the right cheese vs Go10 because he doesn't have a long resume of teams this spl so the chances he gets BW'd are slim
DPP OU: boudouche vs We Three Kings - While W3K has beaten very talented players this SPL, I think boudouche should have the upper hand in this one simply because of how aggressive his teams are. Earn some momentum from the very first turn and never let go throughout the match. boud has a history of memeing it up once his team is out though so don't be shocked to see a Pinsir or mono Water I guess
ADV OU: Ojama vs undisputed - undis is the scariest type of player you can ever face; he likes to bring new stuff (cool pert last week), he plays well, and he has that McMeghan-esque ability to luck out when he's at a disadvantage. Not that Ojama is any different though, but I think undisputed has outmcmeghaned him this year, so I'm choosing him.
GSC OU: giara vs Tiba - Big T, as some call him, doesn't look like he cares very much about this SPL. He's still one of the most talented players ever, especially in GSC. As long as he doesn't bring Raichu he should be giving himself a decent chance to win. giara brought this weird team last week which I wasn't very fond of.

Predictions: Finchinator vs Ape - Look, I know it's been a down SPL for Finch, but he's a lot better than his record shows. The Ape is incredibly average and barely ever takes any risk, so if Finch really tries his hardest he'll do well.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'm going to do predicts for every tier I'm even remotely familiar with, so wish me luck! I'm aiming on beating the chimp this week, so hopefully it'll work out. Keep in mind these were typed up before any games were played lol.

Ever Grande BIGS vs Wi-fi Wolfpack
SM OU: Eo Ut Mortus vs Trosko - Both of these guys are really solid players overall that can take a game off of basically anyone in this tour, but Eo is a lot more creative and willing to take risks when teambuilding and I believe that he'll be able to surprise Trosko during this game and capitalize on the element of surprise with his great playing ability.

SM OU: bro fist vs ABR - John and ABR are two of the greatest overall players on this website and are player number 1 and 2 in this SM OU pool respectively, at least in my eyes. John is a fantastic player that seldom makes mistakes and I'm sure he'll be motivated to show just how good he is in this game. I'm predicting ABR to get a slightly advantageous matchup and a good game where John outplays ABR to a convincing victory.

SM UU: Manipulative vs PokeTCGgamer1288 - I think that Rob's aggressive playstyle will be able to throw Manipulative off his game and allow him to come up with the victory here coupled with his aggro offensive teams. I definitely won't be surprised if Manipulative comes up with the victory here though because he's definitely the more solid player on paper.

ORAS OU: xray vs Updated Kanto - I've been gassing up Kanto since the second he got drafted and I'm happy that he's been delivering so far this season. Kanto has played out of his mind this season and only dropped one game the entire time, so I think he's a bit more hot than xray is, at least for this season. Xray has a tendency to pull up with super broken looking teams, so he can definitely beat Kanto if he plays well because I don't see him having bad matchup at all in this game.

BW OU: Posho vs SoulWind - I know that SW is the better player on paper, but I think that Posho's going to have more motivation coming into this week not wanting to lose again and has more than enough playing ability to take out SW. I've liked Soulwind's team choices a lot more so far this season, so I can definitely see him beating Posho at team preview if he brings bads again.

DPP OU: d0nut vs Void - Thankfully, my upset prediction for d0nut to win last week came through, but I don't think he's going to be beating Void this week. I know that Void has definitely gotten some wins off of using cheese nonsense like Baton Pass and Twave spam, but he actually is a pretty solid player and I don't think he'll be losing to d0nut this week.
Circus Maximus Tigers vs Congregation of the Classiest
SM OU: Eternal Spirit vs Sabella - ES has been way more consistent this season and while Sabella has been winning through his ability to channel his inner rain master, ES just blew his way past a rain team last week. Considering how high ES's ceiling is as a player coupled with Sabella's inconsistency over the course of this season, I think that this matchup will be decisive in ES's favor.

SM OU: p2 vs Blackoblivion - p2 definitely hasn't had a bad SPL by any means, but BO has been insanely impressive and is a top ten SM player in my eyes right now because of his ability to consistently beat top players and has really shown out this season. You never know what p2 is gonna bring and BO brings something really solid every week, so I think that BO will get a slight advantage at team preview and hold steady throughout the game, executing a solid gameplan.

SM UU: A Hero's Destiny vs Sacri' - I'm not a huge fan of ahd and Sacri has been really solid, so I think that this matchup is gonna go in Sacri's favor. I just feel like ahd has been in a bit of a slump lately and I'm not sure he'll be able to shake it in time to win this game.

ORAS OU: Nintendi vs Znain - Nintendi is fucking jesus and has played really well when he doesn't recycle the same team two weeks in a row, so I think that he'll be able to beat Znain in this game. Znain isn't a slouch though and definitely has some really solid teams to use, so I'm excited to see this game because it's sure to be a close one.

BW OU: McMeghan vs Shoka - Shoka has cools teams and all, but it's kinda impossible to predict against Roro with how well he's been doing this season and consistently playing above his record. Hopefully this game will be played before the week is decided because Roro in matches that actually matter is very entertaining and sure to put on a show for the crowd.

DPP OU: Tamahome vs NightFox - I think that while Malfoy has been more inconsistent this SPL than last years, he'll redeem himself after last week's loss and won't drop a game for the rest of the season because he's put a lot of work into this SPL and a player that's as good as he is won't stay down for long. Nightfox is obviously a solid player himself, but he's just not on the same level as Malfoy because frankly no one in this pool is besides roscoe.
Stark Sharks vs Team Raiders
SM OU: BHARATH_THEBEST vs TDK - You gotta pick BTB to win this one with how motivated he's going to be to do well. I get that TDK is one of the best players in the history of the site, but I think that BTB is going to be more willing to take risks in this game and is a good enough player to win this if he has a solid matchup.

SM OU: nihilillie vs R!cardo - If Ricardo loses this game I'm going to throw my PC out of the window...

SM UU: dodmen vs Pak - dodmen is a super good player and one of the best UU players in the game, arguably the best, but Pak has been more solid this season and I don't think he's going to be losing this one. I can definitely see this going either way and hopefully it'll be an entertaining game that we can watch.

ORAS OU: Tricking vs Gondra - Both these guys are kinda odd players, but Tricking has a fantastic 2017 and has been solid so far this SPL, so I think he'll be able to come through vs Gondra especially considering the fact that he'll probably have the entire country of Italy sending him teams to use in this game and every other for the rest of the season.

BW OU: smurf vs BKC - Smurf isn't bad per say, but he's not even close to BKC as a player or builder in this tier. I expect BKC to smoke him in this game if there's no significant hax or misplays from his end.

DPP OU: ToF vs roscoe - roscoe is definitely the better player here, but I think that ToF will be able to get an advantageous matchup with the help he's going to get from Laurel and he's been playing well since the midseason auction, so I'm guessing that he'll be able to take a good matchup and ride it through the game to a win here.
Cryonicles vs Dragonspiral Tyrants
SM OU: Sweepage vs Will of Fire - I don't think I've ever seen Sweepage play SM and Will of Fire is a heat builder, so I think he'll be able to pull off the "upset" and take down Sweepage here with his increased SM experience in relation to Sweepage.

SM OU: Poek vs z0mOG - Poek has gotten his groove back playing ORAS the last few weeks, so I think he'll whip out a solid team this time around now that he's gotten back to winning to show why he was such a high valued player in the first place, but z0m has been super good since he's starting recording his own games and has been better in SM this season, so I'll predict him to win this one.

SM UU: HT vs Christo - Christo is just a more solid player overall and has been using broken ass Azu to the fullest this season, so I think he's going to take down HT pretty convincingly here.

ORAS OU: CrashinBoomBang vs blunder - :blobtriumph: HIGHLIGHT MATCH:blobtriumph: This is going to be a fire ass game because I'm pretty sure that CBB and blunder are gonna want to put on a show for the fans in this. Both players want to win this super bad because of how much the entire community has been gassing up this game, but CBB's been the better player this season and has a better grasp of the ORAS metagame imo, so I think he'll be able to take down blunder here.

BW OU: Arii Stella vs dice - Arii has definitely played above expectations, but dice has been far and away the best BW player in the pool this season, so I don't see him losing to her in spite of how well she's been playing so far because dice is gonna bring the better team + he's the better player so this is a pretty easy decision to make.

DPP OU: aim vs Bluewind - I love joey a lot, but he's been playing with no nuts basically all season and I'm not really that confident in his ability to make the plays that he needs to in order to win this game. Bluewind definitely hasn't been bad this season so far, so I think that he's going to take down joey pretty convincingly here.
Indie Scooters vs Alpha Ruiners
SM OU: FlamingVictini vs Cdumas - FV is probably the most cerebral player I've ever seen in my life and has next level thinking when it comes to mons a lot of times. I get that he makes dumb plays and gets behind early, but his ability to see the game different from anyone else I've seen makes it insanely hard for me to predict against him.

SM OU: Leftiez vs Kory2600 - I love Kory, but I think that toupip is a much better player overall and it's going to be really hard for him to lose this game with how much he's going to want to prove his worth after waiting until mids to get picked up. Obviously, Kory is a good ass player as evidenced by him making stour playoffs, but Leftiez is just more solid overall.

SM UU: Lycans vs Bushtush - Bushtush has frankly been a bit disappointing this season and Lycans is fire as fuck, so I think that Lycans is going to take this game. Bush is definitely not a bad player by any means, so I can see him winning this game if he brings a solid team and plays well, but Lycans is just a lot better right now in my eyes.

ORAS OU: Mounts vs Hiye - After shaking off a slow start to the season, Mounts has been really good and Hiye has frankly been underperforming after winning smogon tour, so I think that he's going to take this one home.

BW OU: Go10 vs ZoroDark - I'm not really sure what to expect out of Go10 and ZoroDark has been very impressive as of late to me, so I think that Zoro is gonna bring a really solid team in this game and send Go10 packing considering that he's a much better player from what I've seen so far this season as a viewer.

DPP OU: boudouche vs We Three Kings - Moxie's running hot coming off of beating who is widely considered the best DPP player in the pool, and I'm half expecting boudouche to bring mono fighting every week, so I think that this is gonna be a positive matchup for Moxie and he's going to outplay boudouche enough to win this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)