Smogon Premier League IX - Week 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'll take a shot at beating the ape. :pirate:

Circus Maximus Tigers (5) vs Congregation of the Classiest (7)

SM OU: Eternal Spirit vs Sabella - "dude nobody is gonna expect swampert 4 times in a row think about it" fr though pkmn trainer gama is unplayable
SM OU: p2 vs Blackoblivion - bo has been on a tear this tour and ik he won't slow down despite his team being eliminated. can't predict against him. ban hawlucha.
SM UU: A Hero's Destiny vs Sacri' - wesley you gotta relax man, don't let a crit throw you off your game like that! sacri played a very nice game last week and i consider him to be the better player of the two.
SM RU: lighthouses vs Bouff - oh my god dude. why do omfuga teams always win in tiers they weren't even built for. it somehow works every time wtf.
SM NU: Hootie vs Pohjis - i think hootie will prepare a better team than pohjis in order to lead him to victory. i like both these guys a lot so i'm hoping for a clean game!
SM DOU: MajorBowman vs EmbCPT - predicting against bowman is counter intuitive but edu is top 3 hottest players in spl for me. i bet he's gonna pull some insane shit and is arguably more dangerous now that his team is out already.
ORAS OU: Nintendi vs Znain - sab ik you guys are out but please don't give this man a sceptile. really looking forward to this game and i've been a huge znain fan since snake.
BW OU: McMeghan vs Shoka - row row row your goat.
DPP OU: Tamahome vs NightFox - i think nightfox needs to switch up his teams for the remainder of the tour. the colbur starmie balances are admittedly pleasing to the eye, but at the same time predictable.
ADV OU: k3nan vs thelinearcurve - the curve's unlucky not to have a better record. this guy's playing very well and i fully expect him to win again. maybe don't bring venusaur though.
GSC OU: Century Express vs Jimmy Turtwig - looking at recent results this is admittedly more of a biased pick than anything else, but i'm still convinced jimmy is the future so w/e.
RBY OU: Diegolh vs Lusch - error 404: heroic troller not found.

Stark Sharks (6) vs Team Raiders (6)

SM OU: BHARATH_THEBEST vs TDK - i'm statistically proven to be tdk's good luck charm now, so if i remember to pm him before the game i'm sure he'll win.
SM OU: nihilillie vs R!cardo - ricardo's early game vs poek last week was spectacular, but then his moves started missing and meta caught a twave. if he can keep his cool, dodges a set-up sweeper with substitute and doesn't load up lurantis (that's the big three it's what they call them) ricardo is lowkey unbeatable though.
SM UU: dodmen vs Pak - i haven't been a fan of dod's teams thus far and i suspect there's been a lack of motivation as well, but the sharks escaped their death yesterday and dod broke his losing streak too. if dod takes this game seriously i think he'll take it.
SM RU: Arifeen vs -Tsunami- - easiest prediction of my life LOLO yahallo
SM NU: Teddeh vs Zukushiku - i'm a big fan of zukushiku and i'm 99% sure he'll have a solid team too, which i can't say for teddeh. if teddeh's feeling it he can maybe bring the heat in terms of outplaying though, but i think zuku's gonna win this one.
SM DOU: Demantoid vs Kaori - uupl winner samvgc kaori is the greatest. while i do rate demantoid very highly, i think the kaori + level 51 core can prepare a smart team to take this one. when i say that i don't mean level 51 bruxish though. >:(
ORAS OU: Tricking vs Gondra - forza italia but don't vote for berlusconi. and don't vote for salvini either. >:( gimme a baby k song in the winpost if you win (you know which one too omg)
BW OU: smurf vs BKC - 10% dick van dyke, 20% sam malone, 40% zach braff from scrubs, 30% hilary swank in boys don't cry.
DPP OU: ToF vs roscoe - tof's on a streak but i'm suspecting roscoe will have the team advantage and he's too solid to lose out on that advantage.
ADV OU: Kevin Garrett vs Jirachee - phil's been hot and don't think i didn't notice the doubles back to aero, but my gut says kg is gonna take this. kg's been solid this season and i'm getting that sharks clutch aura vibe.
GSC OU: Pleasure vs choolio - choolio's been losing and conflict's in a must win situation. assuming the baton pass game vs lavos hasn't tilted conflict too much i think he'll take this one.
RBY OU: GGFan vs MetalGro$$ - ggfan's forums and discord presence aside, he's been playing well while metal was benched by his team last week. if metal gets his plays right he's almost unstoppable, but ggfan seems the more reliable pick here (assuming his vpn works).

Cryonicles (4) vs Dragonspiral Tyrants (8)

SM OU: Sweepage vs Will of Fire - reason 1. "shout-outs will of fire for the team" reason 2. the last time someone didn't remember who this was exactly it was this: [16:55:37] +Updated Kanto: nice, whos your opp again [16:55:48] &Malekith: willi of fire iirc
SM OU: Poek vs z0mOG - i think z0m's 100% since he started recording his games live? poek's obviously incredible but i think he's more so feeling dragonball oras than sm right now, so i'm going with z0m here.
SM UU: HT vs Christo - christoat is lucky and good, while HT's mamoswine got burned by fire blast. :'(
SM RU: Nat vs SilentVerse - i think sv's been using (overly) wild shit while nat just seems to be using very solid yet diverse teams matched with good playing. with the snake draft nerves shaken off i think nat's extremely hard to beat now.
SM NU: ict vs cb jose altuve - fucking brown men facing each other. stop using the z+v nicks please ict, there's no need for that. meeps seems nervy during the end games though and if anything ict is excellent at taking advantage of exactly that.
SM DOU: Biosci vs stax - laxandlax. both are obv great but i'm feeling the lumps (figuratively) and bio got really lucky vs. marilli >:(
ORAS OU: CrashinBoomBang vs blunder - holy highlight. i respect both of these players a lot and ik cbb is very hyped to be back in oras as well. please let this game be clean.
BW OU: Arii Stella vs dice - don't get me wrong, arii hasn't been playing poorly at all, but there's only one princess winning this one.
DPP OU: aim vs Bluewind - my man. gl fren :[l]
ADV OU: London Beats vs UD - cold beers hot plays.
GSC OU: sulcata vs Lavos - while sulcata stays milking the dairy meme lavos could very well bring the cheese again.
RBY OU: Peasounay vs Earthworm - ik earthworm is determined to avoid the 1-3 and will take this very seriously, but i think peasounay knows and plays this metagame better. it's rby though so who even knows.

Indie Scooters (7) vs Alpha Ruiners (5)

SM OU: FlamingVictini vs Cdumas - this might be the only time i'll ever predict against the akhiller, but cdudu's back to form and his team's on course for a possible playoff spot. i REALLY wanna catch this one live.
SM OU: Leftiez vs Kory2600 - the tiez.. now that his sceptile usage is out of the way and soul heart's undeniably broken mechanics fresh in his memory, i can't predict against him. i love kory but leftiez is too heat.
SM UU: Lycans vs Bushtush - smogon's most elegant uu player is coming off a big win and lycans suffered a painful defeat vs manipulative last week. i think lycans is one of the better uu players though, so if he's motivated for this game and brings a good team he can definitely take it.
SM RU: Feliburn vs Chill Shadow - chill's fire and has the most eloquent building support off the bench imaginable on top of that.
SM NU: elodin vs lax - papai no L
SM DOU: miltankmilk vs qsns - omgomgomg. two great users but i think the milkman will take it.
ORAS OU: Mounts vs Hiye - mounts has been hot after a rough start and hiye hasn't been as successful as he would have liked i think.
BW OU: Go10 vs ZoroDark - go10 beat a tornadus in rain without using any flying resists while zorodark did win last week, but it wasn't a confidence instilling win. dashing looks and irresistible charm go a long way in this world though so who knows!
DPP OU: boudouche vs We Three Kings - i don't wanna predict against him and have him pm me about it. :pogchamp:
ADV OU: Ojama vs undisputed - da kingpin is amazin etc. kevin s-rank has been very convincing, but i'm thinking oj is gonna wanna take him down.
GSC OU: giara vs Tiba - like a tauros on a balloon, the stakes have never been higher for the ruiners so i'm going to have to assume tiba won't load up raichu or some such shit and will genuinely try his best to win, while giara hasn't been overly convincing.
RBY OU: Alexander. vs roudolf13 - italian rby vs. non-italian rby lol.

glhf to the bigs!

:blobpex:

I also wish to partake in the Finchinator challenge more fully this week, more detailed and honest predictions in my home tier.
Ever Grande BIGS (6) vs Wi-fi Wolfpack (6)

SM OU: Eo Ut Mortus vs Trosko - eoat
SM OU: bro fist vs ABR
SM UU: Manipulative vs PokeTCG gamer1288
SM RU: Windsong vs soulgazer
SM NU: Kushalos vs Rodriblutar
SM Doubles: Jhon vs marilli - two struggling players and I think despite records Jhon has been playing at a higher level, will predict him to win this.
ORAS OU: xray vs Updated Kanto
BW OU: Posho vs SoulWind
DPP OU: d0nut vs Void
ADV OU: Triangles vs Astamatitos
GSC OU: Mr.E vs Fear
RBY OU: marcoasd vs The Idiot Ninja

Circus Maximus Tigers (7) vs Congregation of the Classiest (5)

SM OU: Eternal Spirit vs Sabella - bring a swampert check
SM OU: p2 vs Blackoblivion
SM UU: A Hero's Destiny vs Sacri'
SM RU: lighthouses vs Bouff (edit: this was made after the game, does not count toward the finch challenge)
SM NU: Hootie vs Pohjis
SM DOU: MajorBowman vs EmbCPT - think Jake will bounce back this week but expect this to be an exciting game that comes down to the wire. Excited to catch this one.
ORAS OU: Nintendi vs Znain-

BW OU: McMeghan vs Shoka
DPP OU: Tamahome vs NightFox
ADV OU: k3nan vs thelinearcurve
GSC OU: Century Express vs Jimmy Turtwig
RBY OU: Diegolh vs Lusch

Stark Sharks (6) vs Team Raiders (6)

SM OU: BHARATH_THEBEST vs TDK
SM OU: nihilillie vs R!cardo - why is this a game
SM UU: dodmen vs Pak - Big Baller Brand
SM RU: Arifeen vs -Tsunami-
SM NU: Teddeh vs Zukushiku
SM DOU: Demantoid vs Kaori -malamar is :sogood:, this game should be great though, Sam played very well last week while Demantoid cannot be separated from his dear Malamar. Should be close but I think Sam's team will be one step too far off the VR and Demantoid will win.
ORAS OU: Tricking vs Gondra
BW OU: smurf vs BKC
DPP OU: ToF vs roscoe
ADV OU: Kevin Garrett vs Jirachee
GSC OU: Pleasure vs choolio
RBY OU: GGFan vs MetalGro$$

SM OU: Sweepage vs Will of Fire-debuts rarely go well
SM OU: Poek vs z0mOG
SM UU: HT vs Christo
SM RU: Nat vs SilentVerse
SM NU: ict vs cb jose altuve - mike trout
SM DOU: Biosci vs stax - gothlax wins again, poor showing from cryos DOU last week and stax doesn't lose twice in a row often. Maybe rey lets him bring a new team this week.
ORAS OU: CrashinBoomBang vs blunder
BW OU: Arii Stella vs dice
DPP OU: aim vs Bluewind
ADV OU: London Beats vs UD
GSC OU: sulcata vs Lavos
RBY OU: Peasounay vs Earthworm

Last edited:

Heroic Troller

Through the Sea of Time
is a Tiering Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a defending SPL Champion
World Defender
Memories of just another random user of the site: -insert the sad/nostalgic although epic theme-
Let's start from the most important thing, i had a shitton of fun. Chatting, preparing the games, adjusting spreads, praising the winners, rating the teams and so on. A priceless experience, even if we are out already. Playing the "underdog who has nothing to lose and a lot to prove" was cool and stimulating. Also i have met some new friends and made my own debut on the scene. Ending 1-1 is nothing, neither good or bad but at the very least i haven't embarassed myself too much, while i have felt for the first time the emotions of winning the game, watching the team chat happy spamming goat etc. That's fantastic i had no idea.
One last thing i want to say is thanks to my teammates (not one on one because i'm some lazyass guy), to whoever supported me, spammed #freetroller joke or not, especially you The Idiot Ninja, you kept the thing alive till now, that means a lot, i'm grateful.
Good luck everyone left, let me see some more good matchas!
NOW THAT I GOT YOUR ATTENTION, FREE RBY IN WCOP PLEASE.

AT LEAST WE TRIED

Last edited:

Sabella

formerly Booty
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Past WCoP Champion
Just because I'm using rain a 4th time doesnt mean I'll use swampert again. Dont worry fans ill keep it interesting =D and for those wondering ill stop using rain when someone actually beats me in a clean game with it.

Ever Grande BIGS vs Wi-fi Wolfpack

SM OU: Eo Ut Mortus vs Trosko - both have had their ups and downs this tour, think Trosko's style matches up well with Eo's though so giving him the edge
SM OU: bro fist vs ABR - I think either way I predict there's a 50% chance I'm wrong so I'll hold off, this is the fight we've all been waiting for though
SM UU: Manipulative vs PokeTCG gamer1288 - I like manip more here, idk
SM RU: Windsong vs soulgazer - the two vets going at it
SM NU: Kushalos vs Rodriblutar - he's got his laptop now, it's gonna be Rodribrutal ;)
SM Doubles: Jhon vs marilli - marilli should have this
ORAS OU: xray vs Updated Kanto - Kantoat, xray's really good too and I anticipate a good fight.
BW OU: Posho vs SoulWind - another good fight but predicting against Soulwind is insane
DPP OU: d0nut vs Void - Void's back and in, rip Fakes but I think he can get this
ADV OU: Triangles vs Astamatitos - Weird predict, but yeah hear me out here. I think Asta's a better teambuilder than Triangles, better player, more thorough approach to the game, the works. Both have done about the same level of well this SPL so there's that too, and as much as I like Triangles I think he's a cut behind. So why am I predicting against Asta? It's the Zeus thing. Ever since CALLOUS (rest in pieces clown) invoked the Zeus title Asta hasn't been able to get a W. Clearly such an act of sacrilege offended the king of the gods and so now Asta is cursed to never again get a W in SPL. It's a shame actually since Asta's such a great player but we can't debate with the powers that be, rip.
GSC OU: Mr.E vs Fear - the Fear is real, anyways Fear's fucking amazing and has been going real strong all SPL
RBY OU: marcoasd vs The Idiot Ninja - the teacher's teacher's teacher faces off against his grandstudent...think Anakin vs Count Dooku SPL redux.

Circus Maximus Tigers vs Congregation of the Classiest

SM OU: Eternal Spirit vs Sabella - ES is flames my man
SM OU: p2 vs Blackoblivion - blackoblivion's one of the best sm players on the block, and he's too hot to predict against after the ABR takedown.
SM UU: A Hero's Destiny vs Sacri' - I like Sacri more and he seems to have bounced back from his rough start
SM RU: lighthouses vs Bouff - I like lighthouses more, Bouff should bewear (lol)
SM NU: Hootie vs Pohjis - both are about equally good so I favour luckjis to win
SM DOU: MajorBowman vs EmbCPT - bowman's too good oml
ORAS OU: Nintendi vs Znain - Tendi goat, the nain's done well but he's been very up and down while Tendi's brutally consistent.
BW OU: McMeghan vs Shoka - Roro sama's too heat
DPP OU: Tamahome vs NightFox - i mean, tamagoat.
ADV OU: k3nan vs thelinearcurve - both are friends and I love them both but one has the legendary sunnyalas behind him so he can't lose
GSC OU: Century Express vs Jimmy Turtwig - backing the tier main, jturt's good but this spl has been rough for him
RBY OU: Diegolh vs Lusch - Diegoat

Stark Sharks vs Team Raiders

SM OU: BHARATH_THEBEST vs TDK - BTB is the goat. TDK more like ded
SM OU: nihilillie vs R!cardo - I think ricardo's been super shaky and MDrag wouldn't have bought a player for no reason so I refuse to call this one
SM UU: dodmen vs Pak - Pak it up
SM RU: Arifeen vs -Tsunami- - this clown about to get bopped out of spl
SM NU: Teddeh vs Zukushiku - Like tendi vs znain, I like both but teddeh's more consistent and brutal
SM DOU: Demantoid vs Kaori - demantoid's great
ORAS OU: Tricking vs Gondra - Gondra's been kinda shaky all tour while Tricking thrives vs shaky players
BW OU: smurf vs BKC - this man has been slaying and filleting in bw all tour. Gotta predict the swans here
DPP OU: ToF vs roscoe - roscoat
ADV OU: Kevin Garrett vs Jirachee - rachee's been doing better than I expected in adv but I think kg's solid enough and with MDragon's support he should have this. Could easily go the other way though.
GSC OU: Pleasure vs choolio - fuck choolio, conflict's the goat
RBY OU: GGFan vs MetalGro$$ - GGFAN ABOUT TO CLAIM ANOTHER VICTIM, SWIM IN GARBAGE O YOU GARBAGE

Cryonicles vs Dragonspiral Tyrants

SM OU: Sweepage vs Will of Fire - will of fire's really heat apparently
SM OU: Poek vs z0mOG - think the oras break has rejuvenated Poek and he'll be coming out full throttle this week
SM UU: HT vs Christo - christo is like. really good. really really good. HT's ok but he'll probably be meeting the curb this week
SM RU: Nat vs SilentVerse - Nat's demolition of gingy last game was just so brutal
SM NU: ict vs cb jose altuve - the two most annoying nu players face off, wish both could lose somehow but sigh guess I'll back meeps
SM DOU: Biosci vs stax - Biosci's a legend
ORAS OU: CrashinBoomBang vs blunder - cbb's three win start to spl was so brutal and if he could repeat it he's golden.
BW OU: Arii Stella vs dice - rip arii
DPP OU: aim vs Bluewind - joey's been kinda shaky in DPP while bluewind's style matches up pretty nicely vs his usual spikes offense stuff
ADV OU: London Beats vs UD - UD claims another victim, rip london bc he's actually not all that bad at adv and its just his bad fortune to be taking on players who main the tier at this level (cryos should have bought adv world champion ninjax lolrip)
GSC OU: sulcata vs Lavos - sulcata's flames and will keep the streak going. Fuck Lavos
RBY OU: Peasounay vs Earthworm - both legends off their best, I'll favour peas here

Indie Scooters (5) vs Alpha Ruiners (7)

SM OU: FlamingVictini vs Cdumas - highlight match of the week along with ABR-John. Both are spectacular players and this should be a great game
SM OU: Leftiez vs Kory2600 - Kory's been doing well but I think the Dark Magician's better
SM UU: Lycans vs Bushtush - Beat this man
SM RU: Feliburn vs Chill Shadow - The Shadow is in
SM NU: elodin vs lax - Chillax
SM DOU: miltankmilk vs qsns - milkman oo
ORAS OU: Mounts vs Hiye - like linear, mounts makes for a wonderful cinderella bounceback story. I have faith
BW OU: Go10 vs ZoroDark - go10's solid but not amazing at bw, and Zoro looks better
DPP OU: boudouche vs We Three Kings - the indie doucher will get another win before spl ends, I believe
ADV OU: Ojama vs undisputed - undis is insane man. Kingpin's really good but undis' prep ethic and motivation are the edge here
GSC OU: giara vs Tiba - neither looked spectacular so far but i think tiba's good enough to take this
RBY OU: Alexander. vs roudolf13 - prinz about to go ultra instinct on this man again

Last edited:

cb aaron judge

ALL RISE
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
Ever Grande BIGS (7) vs Wi-fi Wolfpack (5)

SM OU: Eo Ut Mortus vs Trosko
SM OU: bro fist vs ABR - he truly is unbelievable
SM RU: Windsong vs soulgazer - 2 of the most consistent of all time
SM Doubles: Jhon vs marilli

Circus Maximus Tigers (5) vs Congregation of the Classiest (7)
SM OU: Eternal Spirit vs Sabella
SM RU: lighthouses vs Bouff - already happened
SM DOU: MajorBowman vs EmbCPT
ORAS OU: Nintendi vs Znain

Stark Sharks (4) vs Team Raiders (8)

SM OU: nihilillie vs R!cardo
SM UU: dodmen vs Pak
SM DOU: Demantoid vs Kaori
BW OU: smurf vs BKC - nobody's stopping this man
DPP OU: ToF vs roscoe - see above

SM OU: Sweepage vs Will of Fire
SM NU: ict vs cb jose altuve
SM DOU: Biosci vs stax
BW OU: Arii Stella vs dice - i expect the princess to get back on track

Indie Scooters (6) vs Alpha Ruiners (6)

SM OU: FlamingVictini vs Cdumas
SM OU: Leftiez vs Kory2600
SM UU: Lycans vs Bushtush
SM RU: Feliburn vs Chill Shadow
SM NU: elodin vs lax
SM DOU: miltankmilk vs qsns
ORAS OU: Mounts vs Hiye
BW OU: Go10 vs ZoroDark
DPP OU: boudouche vs We Three Kings
ADV OU: Ojama vs undisputed - should be a good one
GSC OU: giara vs Tiba
RBY OU: Alexander. vs roudolf13

pasy_g

Banned deucer.
Ever Grande BIGS (0) vs Wi-fi Wolfpack (0)

Circus Maximus Tigers (0) vs Congregation of the Classiest (1)

Stark Sharks (0) vs Team Raiders (0)

Cryonicles (0) vs Dragonspiral Tyrants (0)

Indie Scooters (0) vs Alpha Ruiners (0)

ADV OU: Ojama vs undisputed

Just wanna see if I'm better than an ape.

Ever Grande BIGS (4) vs Wi-fi Wolfpack (8)

SM OU: bro fist vs ABR
SM RU: Windsong vs soulgazer

Circus Maximus Tigers (7) vs Congregation of the Classiest (5)
http://dsa
SM RU: lighthouses vs Bouff
SM DOU: MajorBowman vs EmbCPT

Stark Sharks (9) vs Team Raiders (3)

Cryonicles (6) vs Dragonspiral Tyrants (6)

Pearl

Romance は風のまま
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis the 7th Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Champion
Since everyone's riding the hype train, I figured I'd pull that off as well. It's prediction time!
SM UU: Manipulative vs PokeTCG gamer1288 - Probably the best start possible to a prediction post. This is actually a very tough match up to predict (I'd say it's impossible, but in the end it boils down to a 50/50, so there's that) in the sense that the variation in the team choices and skill level of both of these guys is ridiculously high. On one side we have a UU mainstay that is good enough to knock down the titans of the tier on a good day but sometimes chooses to handicap himself with excessive clicking and a hatred for Steel-types that is impossible to comprehend. On the other side, we have PokeTCG gamer1288, whose team choices and balls to the wall plays have immense potential to get the people in the tours chat gasping at their computer screens in awe. Depending on his manager's activity throughout the week, we could either see a masterpiece like no one's ever built before or a Finding True Love Dragalge stall cameo in this game. I'm predicting Manipulative to win due to his slightly higher amount of experience and consistency (arguable, but I don't think I've ever seen Manipulative do anything terrible in any his games).

SM UU: A Hero's Destiny vs Sacri' - As a wise man once said, "Sacri is the only person to ever look at the list of available Pokemon in the SM UU tier and think to himself: "Wow! This Togekiss thingy seems like such a good and non-niche Pokemon! I wonder why it's not used more often...". Seriously, Sacri' uses that Pokemon like the typical SM UU player uses Gliscor, and it honestly puzzles me. On the other hand, Brazilian wonder and Bushtush's #1 public enemy Wesley will load up his 8th Magneton of the season and pray it works. The realization: said Magneton will be his only answer to the aforementioned Togekiss. The plot twist: As Magneton comes in on Togekiss, something inside Sacri's brain will elevate him to a whole new plane of existence and he will manage to predict this and... double switch?! Wait, he stayed in?! "Togekiss unleashes its full-force Z-Move! Togekiss used Inferno Overdrive!". This sequence of moves will cause a chain reaction that will begin with dekzeh's "Is this really a thing in this tier?" in the tours chat and end with the Tigers somehow not making playoffs as the necks use their newfound confidence to triumph over their oposition. The end.

SM UU: HT vs Christo - Before I elaborately describe my thoughts on this match, here's a fun fact: although many people might remember HT as Hairy Toenail, the truth is that ever since he came across CrashinBoomBang, the evil jerk of CBB drones has baptized him as HeaT. That aside, I'm predicting an upset here. My main issue with HT throughout this tournament have been his team choices rather than his playing (which, for reference, has been pretty pragmatic and a lot more aggressive than he was originally known for among UU players), while Christo has just been doing his thing and haxing my player, who could've been undefeated as of Week 7 bringing solid no-nonsense teams while piloting them well enough (and with enough breaks) to rack up the wins (aside from last week, where dodmen dissected his stall team with something that looked like it could've come straight out of Euphonos' team folder). With that said, both of these players are coming from a loss, but overall there's a much higher demand for HT to get his shit together as the playoff race gets tighter, and that's exactly what I am expecting him to do here.

SM UU: Lycans vs Bushtush - Aside from last week's fiesta, Lycans has played some of my favorite games of this whole tournament so far. I don't know how to put it together in a way that everyone is able to understand, but there's something about the way he plays that makes me think he's a full step above most of the SPL9 UU playerbase. Plus, his teams aren't terrible and he seems to know how far he can go before his "innovation" turns into "dogshit", smoothly incorporating lesser known techs on what would otherwise be standard/boring teams rather than blindly throwing stuff together and hoping it works. On the other side of the match up, Bushtush is a wild boar and I honestly can't think of a more fitting way of describing him. If he schedules his game for a good day, he could just take everything that comes across his path by storm and dominate in a way that would count as 2 wins for the Ruiners :psyangry:. Otherwise, Lycans should grab the win for his team.

SM RU: Windsong vs soulgazer - Clash of titans... predicting SOULGAZER - SAMA to take this one based (mostly) on the fact that he is continuing the legacy of behemoths such as AFRO SMASH (who, for reference, is hella good at games), CALLOFLOCHIE, KA$H MONEY KEV and WEPWN, while Windsong's collection of well-kept fossils (including BW1 RU players, which I happen to be a part of) is no match for the conglomeration of the aforementioned users. Playing wise, both dudes have a very no-nonsense approach, using good stuff and piloting it with very few mistakes, so this should be a very good game if external factors don't get in their way :psynervous:

SM RU: Nat vs SilentVerse - Although many people think that it's impossible to remain competent at Pokemon while also playing the infamous League of Legends at the same time, this is not entirely true, and SilentVerse has (sort of) managed to prove this. If anything, LoL gives you some insight that you can put to good use in Pokemon, such as long-term planning and knowing when to place the blame on other people for your own shortcomings. At first, people seemed to accuse stage fright as the reason why Natalie was not able to produce results during SSD, but SPL Natalie is a brand new woman who keeps impressing both her opponents and the crowd that watches her games in a very convincing fashion. My prediction is that Natalie will use Golisopod for the third week in a row and SilentVerse will disrespect this Pokemon's existence, thinking to himself "Why would she use the same niche Pokemon 3 games in a row? That's basically the same as ganking my lane 3 times in a row after I survived the previous 2 times". What takes place afterwards is an exotic combination of league jargon and First Impression kills that will result in a victory for the spectators. "Why are the tournament directors not ganking my lane?" says SilentVerse, fondly remembering his triumphant victory over no justice no peace. "Who the hell fed this Golisopod two kills?! kys" *points at Gingy and ChillShadow*. In the end, the one thought that will remain in SV's mind is how hard he inted his SPL 9 Week 8 match away :psycry:

SM RU: Feliburn vs Chill Shadow - In case you're wondering: yeah, I got tired after this one. While both of these guys are clearly underperforming, I still think that there's a ton of potential here. For reference, I'm predicting Chill Shadow to win mostly based on the fact that he's a lucky dog who's graduated in the art of robbing wins from other people. That and he has one of the most creative minds supporting him in col49. On the other hand, Feliburn doesn't really have much of a reason to care considering where his team currently stands, which means that there's a chance we see a brand new man who's more willing to make the "big plays". Either that or a team straight out of the tier below PU which almost manages to upset this self proclaimed "chill" person.

SM NU: Kushalos vs Rodriblutar - Just thinking that I still have 8 more of these is making my head explode, but let's get to it! Although Rodri's two main claims to fame are his broken English and the fact that he used to play Pokemon from his cellphone, the truth is that there's a lot more you could say about this player. If you read what I said about Bushtush above, I feel like it also applies to this man for the most part, although Rodriblutar seems a little more confident in the teambuilder. On the other hand, the chef (as the fans like to call Kushalos) is, in my opinion, one of Smogon's biggest mysteries, as seen by his decision to place the PU classic higher than the World Cup of Pokemon on his priority list. That aside, he tends to obtain most of his advantages in the teambuilder rather than opting to outplay, which could backfire against somebody who's supported by behemoths like rozes and Earth and has, overall, the balls to make some wild plays whenever the situation requires it.

SM NU: Hootie vs Pohjis - Actually, fuck that, let's just do this the ol' short way. Both of them have what it takes to win a game of NU but I'm predicting Pohjis to take this one because I need him to be in shape and on good terms with me for the next World Cup of Pokemon (I also think he's a really good player when he's feeling himself)

SM NU: ict vs cb jose altuve - Similar to Kush vs Rodri. meeps tends to rely on obtaining an advantage through teambuilding while ict is a more sound player overall, which means he should take this one unless he randomly decides to bring some whack fusion between NU and PU featuring the fire sandcastle (that or Monotype. Only Cased and MAYBE Zukushiku can wield that in this tier).

SM NU: elodin vs lax - elodin is actually not bad at all in NU, especially now that he has decided to set his league adventures aside. However, between the fact that his team is out and how unlikely he is to actually care about his personal record (I mean, he could've farmed the activity win against bluri and instead chose to not schedule at all when it actually mattered) I'm expecting lax to win this one.

BW OU: Posho vs SoulWind - If I had to pick the match I'm most hyped for this week, it would be this one for sure. On paper, it looks like something that could be the game of the season. However, considering BW's current state, we'll probably witness two people attempting to cheese each other with some weird looking version of sun stall and even then it'll still be a decent game because that actually sounds like a skill-demanding match up. Really tough to predict against Bobo when he has consistently dominated this tier for centuries now in spite of all the evolutions the metagame has suffered, while Posho isn't really performing as well as he would like to.

BW OU: McMeghan vs Shoka - If McMeghan doesn't let his inner demons take over him yet another week, then this game could be as wild as the breath of the most recent Zelda release. If not, they're playing Sunday and the result won't matter in the slightest (read: it will, but very few people know about this yet). Regardless, I'm expecting Roro to win just because of how good he can be when he is motivated, and with SPL 9 playoffs drawing near I'm actually expecting the motivation to be there.

BW OU: Arii Stella vs dice - Don't ask me why, but my gut is telling me that we will see an upset. Maybe it is the GOAT's blessing or maybe I'm just tripping, but I honestly think Arii has been playing just fine aside from a couple of blunders, which are probably the result of a lack of experience/the overall pressure of playing in SPL alongside a lack knowledge regarding some less known information regarding the tier anyway (I don't even know what this means, I'm honestly just trying to make this longer and possibly meaningful). dice himself is not a bad player, but if I were him after last week's game I would be tilted enough to throw a couple of freebies at my remaining opponents

BW OU: Go10 vs ZoroDark - GoatN had a pretty convincing victory against Smogon's most flamboyant user, and ZoroDark, albeit a little more sloppy, is also coming from a particularly hot win. All things considered, the genius behind Zoro's teams will equip him with either the latest Babido fad or a team used by Bloo in the finals of the second BW tour of the second week of Smogon Tour 18 and he will pilot it well enough to bring the win home. Regardless of what happens, I'm not really expecting this to be memorable at all unless we see some hot memes from the side of the Scooters.
SM OU: bro fist vs ABR - :blobwizard:
SM OU: Eternal Spirit vs Sabella - call him mr rain on 'em hoes
SM OU: Sweepage vs Will of Fire - DARK POLO GANG :blobastonished:
SM OU: FlamingVictini vs Cdumas - if fv doesn't let his homework and whatever other errands he has in his life pile up i'd say that he's likely to take it home
SM OU: Leftiez vs Kory2600 - big toupip

ORAS OU: xray vs Updated Kanto - kanto has been really really solid and methodical so far but xray's passionate and hard working approach might cause us to see an upset this time 'round
ORAS OU: Nintendi vs Znain - i wonder if this plays inside nintendi's head everytime he's building ORAS
ORAS OU: CrashinBoomBang vs blunder - obvious highlight. i think match up will play a big part in this and the fans could potentially be let down but hopefully we'll see a good game

DPP OU: d0nut vs Void - would you guys say that the hole in the middle of a donut is a void?
DPP OU: Tamahome vs NightFox - i think nf will branch out of his comfort zone and take tama by surprise in an upset
DPP OU: aim vs Bluewind - daddy's home. extra prediction: we're seeing ambipom and mamoswine to the top of the spl standings
DPP OU: boudouche vs We Three Kings - moxie will almost get caught off guard by the doucher's latest mono bug lead pinsir team

ADV OU: Triangles vs Astamatitos - hasta ma titos, baby...
ADV OU: London Beats vs UD - U'D guess this guy is good at adv by looking at his record
ADV OU: Ojama vs undisputed - i'd make a bunch of jokes about gas and goats but i'm sure a certain player on my team wouldn't be happy with that

GSC OU: Mr.E vs Fear - mr.e is basically the SUPER TOP LANER of competitive pokemon but i fear what fear might do to me if i predict against him after last spl :psycry:
GSC OU: Century Express vs Jimmy Turtwig - the tigers might be able to ride the century express to playoffs still but i'm a j.t. day 1
GSC OU: sulcata vs Lavos - rengar just received his old q back so lavos is prolly busy playing league while sulcata drinks the whole bottle of milk. ez prediction
GSC OU: giara vs Tiba - tiba wins if he shows up and isn't packing raichu or any similar fiend, but the odds seem pretty low

RBY OU: marcoasd vs The Idiot Ninja - if there's anything i've learned from papa omfuga is that marco's rby legacy is a joke and that he has no business winning spl games /s (they're both good and i see predicting rby at this level as flipping a coin more or less but tin is a really passionate dude who has no issues mixing things up, which are 2 traits i appreciate a ton)
RBY OU: Diegolh vs Lusch - in spite of the not-so-stellar performance and all of the FREE TROLLER chants this spl i still really really like to watch this guy play. bold prediction: we're seeing one of articuno/hypno/venusaur in this bo3
RBY OU: Peasounay vs Earthworm - peas' of cake obvious highlight. both of them have what it takes to win in rby but the frenchman is SO HOT
RBY OU: Alexander. vs roudolf13 - alex's approach to rby is almost as relentless as the amount of mirror selfies he sends to other smogon users

SM Doubles: Jhon vs marilli - bor fist
SM DOU: MajorBowman vs EmbCPT - incredibly bold prediction: mj bob won't say gg if he loses
SM DOU: Biosci vs stax - biology science boutta go harder than danganronpa v3 case 5. bold prediction: we'll see gothlax
SM DOU: miltankmilk vs qsns - cuteness overload :blobnom:
tl;dr - CTRL + F for your name within the hide tags to see what I wrote for your pairing unless you're either part of my team or a Shark. As for series scores:

Ever Grande BIGS (5) vs Wi-fi Wolfpack (7)
Circus Maximus Tigers (2) vs Congregation of the Classiest (10) (holy shit)
Cryonicles (9) vs Dragonspiral Tyrants (3)
Indie Scooters (7) vs Alpha Ruiners (5)

For reference, there are some match ups in here that are a lot closer than I pictured them to be, but predictions are just no fun when you bold the vs and say good things about both sides y'know. With that said, good luck to everyone this week :psyglad:

this is the wave huh.

SM OU: Eo Ut Mortus vs Trosko | eos been rly good so kind of hav to pick him ig
SM OU: bro fist vs ABR | johns a better player but abr will get matchup as he often does and play optimally enough for the win. no way this man loses 2 in a row
SM UU: Manipulative vs PokeTCG gamer1288 | i dont rly think either of these ppl r that good but manipulative is probably better
SM RU: Windsong vs soulgazer | should b close but sgs destined to lose 3 games as always and i think he'll save the loss for playoffs ala spl 7
SM NU: Kushalos vs Rodriblutar | kushalos has been p solid so far kind of impressed
SM Doubles: Jhon vs marilli | both hav been bad so ill just take the dude w 1 more win lol.
ORAS OU: xray vs Updated Kanto | kantos been way too good
BW OU: Posho vs SoulWind | rly close once again but i think poshos def a much better player than his record says so i think he's bound to win
DPP OU: d0nut vs Void | probably better i guess?
ADV OU: Triangles vs Astamatitos | triangles is trash whats new
GSC OU: Mr.E vs Fear | rly close game imo but fear has more luck so picking him.
RBY OU: marcoasd vs The Idiot Ninja | i think hes better

Circus Maximus Tigers (6) vs Congregation of the Classiest (6)

SM OU: Eternal Spirit vs Sabella - es has ascended this man mite b a top 10 player my lord...na thats prob a bit too high but hes def in rly good form lol.
SM OU: p2 vs Blackoblivion | this man is 3-1 against FV, John, ABR, and Joey what else do u need to know
SM UU: A Hero's Destiny vs Sacri' | the other guy seems p whack and bad tbh
SM RU: lighthouses vs Bouff | VoD wins again. Classic.
SM NU: Hootie vs Pohjis | i still dont think pohjis is that great and hootie is probably slightly better than his record so.
SM DOU: MajorBowman vs EmbCPT | both rly good so far but bowmans been rly consistent for longer
ORAS OU: Nintendi vs Znain | i havent seen znain play that much but this man played like a down syndrome autist last week and nintendi is JESUS so.
BW OU: McMeghan vs Shoka | def a lot better lol
DPP OU: Tamahome vs NightFox | nightfox has been overachieving to me and tamas been underachieving. def better.
ADV OU: k3nan vs thelinearcurve | this mans luck seems to hav turned around and hes on fire now.
GSC OU: Century Express vs Jimmy Turtwig | i dont rly get how tigers ended up w century express in gsc or why the classiest retained jimmy turtwig to play gsc but here we are. i guess jimmy is better? maybe? lol.
RBY OU: Diegolh vs Lusch | one of my only good buys last yr LOL this man bout to blow this dude away

Cryonicles (5) vs Dragonspiral Tyrants (7)

SM OU: Sweepage vs Will of Fire | i have no idea tbh and sweepage is better than his awful team tour record but like...the sample size is so large that hes probably just cursed so.
SM OU: Poek vs z0mOG | better player nuff said
SM UU: HT vs Christo | christos fire flames at uu
SM RU: Nat vs SilentVerse | sv used to b the king of ru and i think natalies def been overachieving a bit.
SM NU: ict vs cb jose altuve | meeps played p bad last week and i think ict is better
SM DOU: Biosci vs stax | prob even but biosci is more consistent usually bop
ORAS OU: CrashinBoomBang vs blunder | this games p much a tossup but id like 2 think im singlehandedly responsible for helpin blunder break thru his spl mediocrity so gonna pick him
BW OU: Arii Stella vs dice | i dont think arii stella is good
DPP OU: aim vs Bluewind | joeys def better than his record
ADV OU: London Beats vs UD | uds been solid and i dont think london is good either
GSC OU: sulcata vs Lavos | sulcata overachieving as fuck no idea how hes 5-2 so lavos it is
RBY OU: Peasounay vs Earthworm | peas took down a smogon classic winner what else do i need to say lol

Indie Scooters (8) vs Alpha Ruiners (4)

SM OU: FlamingVictini vs Cdumas | fvs def better 2 me even tho cdu has been solid
SM OU: Leftiez vs Kory2600 | leftiez is a lot better i dont rly kno if kory is good
SM UU: Lycans vs Bushtush | omfugas was on lcans dick last yr so assumin hes good still
SM RU: Feliburn vs Chill Shadow | should b a rly good game but i think cs is a slightly better player and with 49 helpin him build the building side of things should b p even
SM NU: elodin vs lax | hows lax 4-1 bros LOL this man thought you could use Trick Room with a scarf Pokemon and have it bypass the negative priority like a year ago. whys elodin in nu? so many questions. 2 friends and should b a good game but ultimately VoD will prevail as usual
SM DOU: miltankmilk vs qsns | i guess hes better?
ORAS OU: Mounts vs Hiye | i think mounts is overrated and hiye won a smogon tour p recently so he cant b that bad.
BW OU: Go10 vs ZoroDark | zoros rly good imo prob been underachieving here
DPP OU: boudouche vs We Three Kings | another close game but i think boudouche is slightly better
ADV OU: Ojama vs undisputed | undisputed is def solid but 6-1 in this adv pool is prob overachieving a bit. the kingpin will prevail
GSC OU: giara vs Tiba | tibas rly good IMO even tho he used some raichu trash b4 if he takes this seriously he should win.
RBY OU: Alexander. vs roudolf13 | alexanders rly good at rby and his opponents a greek so why even bother playin this game out

says a lot that the last place team is better than the ruiners but haha....

VOD METABEAST THE GREAT will ofc be better at this than finch and some dumbass ape so.

Deleted User 400951

Banned deucer.
Sorry for my shitposting these last few days, literally the worst things ever posted my god.
Anyways, ape challenge here.

SM OU: Eo Ut Mortus vs Trosko - Eo is fire.
SM OU: bro fist vs ABR - oh boy. This game is looking to be fire. bro fist is on a tear after beating FV last week, but ABR is out for blood after his loss. Honestly this is the best game all week.
SM UU: Manipulative vs PokeTCG gamer1288 - Honestly I think Manipulative is the better player but PokeTCG gamer1288 will be able to exploit Manipulative's sometimes problematic team building and take the win here. srsly dude lmao what is that name.
GSC OU: Mr.E vs Fear - Huge fan of Mr.E's playing but Fear is ridiculously good and is on a hot streak right now, this can go either way knowing how well Mr.E can play tho.

SM OU: Eternal Spirit vs Sabella - ES is fire, Sabella is a formidable opponent but ES is on a hot streak rn.
SM OU: p2 vs Blackoblivion - better player imo
GSC OU: Century Express vs Jimmy Turtwig - Not a fan of Turtwig's playing this season (turtwig best mon tho) and CE's loss last week was due to hax, otherwise he's been absolutely fire.

SM OU: BHARATH_THEBEST vs TDK - 2 team building machines, and 2 players who played incredibly past week. This is looking to be interesting but TDK imo is the better player.
SM OU: nihilillie vs R!cardo - no, this is not a meme, nihi's first game was more impressive to me than R!cardo's games, though i don't really know much about either player.
SM UU: dodmen vs Pak - Pak is still incredible.
GSC OU: Pleasure vs Choolio

SM UU: HT vs Christo - HT is really on a tear but Christo still has the skill to win, fire match.
SM NU: ict vs cb jose altuve - turtleman
GSC OU: sulcata vs Lavos - Highlight match but I've been impressed with Lavos's playing this whole season.

SM OU: FlamingVictini vs Cdumas - FV is an incredible player but his builds as of late have been exploited and Cdumas is a great player.
SM OU: Leftiez vs Kory2600 - Leftiez is a great player and his games are well played but his teams are just not there, I saw a team that was almost a year old in one match D:
SM NU: eldon vs lax - turtleman
GSC OU: giara vs Tiba - giara was almost guaranteed to win last week's match but ended up losing it, I've just not been too impressed with their playing as of late. Giara most certainly can win this one though, winning the classic is no small feat.

Last edited:

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
ORAS OU: CrashinBoomBang vs blunder blunder is just gonna hjk 6 times again wrap this game up already
[12:20:41] +CrashinBoomBang: how did i just lose
[12:20:42] +CrashinBoomBang: to medicham
[12:20:45] +CrashinBoomBang: literally just lose
[12:20:46] +CrashinBoomBang: tell me
[12:20:47] +CrashinBoomBang: how i just lose
[12:20:49] +CrashinBoomBang: if i hjk the jirachi
[12:20:53] +CrashinBoomBang: please enlighten me
[12:20:55] +Mr.E: you literally did just lose to medicham
[12:20:55] +CrashinBoomBang: you fucking retard
[12:21:07] +Mr.E: I mean, the battle screen says "blunderr won the battle!"
[12:21:13] +Mr.E: and medicham is sitting there
[12:21:20] +Mr.E: after KOing your entire team

:smogthink:

[12:34:37] +CrashinBoomBang: it was very slightly in his favor if anything i didnt even say i got haxed
[12:34:43] +CrashinBoomBang: except in that one line
[12:34:46] +CrashinBoomBang: to make an example
[12:34:55] +Mr.E: "i didn't say i got haxed, except when i said i got haxed"

:mehowth:

[12:40:34] +CrashinBoomBang: im not even mad
[12:40:43] +CrashinBoomBang: im mad that fucking retards like u play pokemon instead of jumping under a bus

:bloblul:

CTC

Banned deucer.
is a defending SPL Championis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Big Chungus Winner
boonkgang whole lotta GANG shit
GOATNALYSIS FO YO ASS
this week imma keep it short cuz ionno got the effort liek that no more you guys be the judge ill just summarize the endgame/important plays
Week 7
USUM

"yo i jus got fucked by that defog landorus" r words, alongside "my name is scarlette johannson and i want you to fuck me harder", that you will probably never hear in your life. what the fuck lmao that shit actually SWUNG the game in btbs favor like btb swung his nuts across pm2s face. YO LEMME RECAP the turn that pm2 actually tossed the game into the recycling while yelling "kobe": did this nigga predict that a tapu koko would have neither uturn or vs???? or did he just /assume/ that koko was gonna have uturn?????? i mean ok i guess i get the play to go to fini on uturn, but uk that if he volts u LOSE INSTANTLY right? whereas tar at least makes him burn the electric se.. nevermind.
Dicks choked: :swole::swole::swole::swole: “KOBE”
iv never seen a lead lando get this much chip on this many things (chip on 2, sr, kill on lucha). UK WHAT I DONT GET BRO IS WHY TF lednahs entire team slow as dicks w not even balloon exca like he just came in the game resigned to the fact that any z lant or like z torn is gonna nab one. ANYWYAS just wanted to point out that zomgs shitteam's 1 lele resist gets fuckin rocked, so why TF IT TOOK HIM 23 WHOLE TURNS TO GET IT IN LMAOOOOOO mfs rlly cant play sm or build goshdarn these 2 teams shouldv been free wins for any half a dick player w a omari-p squad (shoutout omari the only RN on ladder)
dicks choked: :swole::swole::swole::swole: yea we out here runnin unmomentum kokos eggsdeeeeeeeeeee
bruh john coulda lost t1 to a roll wait no actually BOTH coulda lost t1 WTF who tf does that but then agian if switching means losing momentum 100% while staying in u can bank on speed tie + roll, ok the both made the right aggro play. i thnk fv overpredicted and went gren on uh,,, knock im p sure knock or uturn to keep up momentum, or didnt expect zcain. icicle miss will play a part in the game later so thats unfort, both proceed to trade hazards n make midground plays cuz both r safe n good players, john made some nice reads to pivot gren in to scout lati set and chip amoong on switch w a nice ft whihc also hits zone. a few nice doubles later (on fvs part) wer at turn 36 which, since mamo didnt get chip fv couldnt go directly zone at any point of the game cuz he didnt know it was special def or not (it was phys). that played a not too big part in the game, but lets start from t36 and on. john comes in to get regen, fv and him both know so fv roosts. now on turn 37 its the only play that mattered. lemme break it down for u here. Lati has psy/draco/roost (eq prolly), so if he had gone for draco on the venu then the clef was comin in, fv then has to go to zone on the recover, and if he makes the read to double into lati on the zygarde then he is still golden to win the game. in any case fv has to lose 2 5050s if he goes for draco, whereas if he double psychics into zygarde then he risks dying to outrage then losing to venu + torn (outrage kills lati, zone revenges, venu heals on cannon, can sack clef for drops and zone cant switchout or dies to knock. guaranteed loss). fv used this against john (no flex but i said that he had to double psy while watching the game live), and chose the risker option which was to psychic right away. at this point johns only hope was to confuse cuz es does 47 max, but if the slludge didnt poison then this wouldnt have been that big of an issue right? howeveer, if sludge didnt poison and no confusion happened, lati wouldv killed torn w on avg 44-45 ish% hp, which he can then sack lando to the zygarde (depending on if he predicted band but look at johns no breaker ass team what do u think it was lol) and come back to heal w lati. honestly i think when he roosted to 100% he shoulda just attacked the torn the next turn (which was the turn b4 confuse) because cain and -1 espeed both needed to roll MAX for lati to have died to how i said it wouldv played out, but then again 15% chance yo and counting miss chacne, i wouldnt have blamed fv one bit considering how low the chances r. anyways this was a good ass game neither side gave up any momentum at all all game and thats just how they play, if u play these players expect lots of midground plays and NEVER anything obvious.
NOTHING EASY - zaza voice

:pikuh: no chokes here
TLDR: eos entire dogshit team does nothing and is walled by any unboltbeam weak mon also a mon like tangrowth walls and kncoks his entire shit, also somethin like kart jus knocks his entire shit and taht unsemistall unoffense unbalance dogshit just plays to not lose and hope they run into a retard like OH SPEAK OF THE DEVIL leftnut LMAOOOO HE RLLY TRIED SO HARD TO PLAY AROUND THE GEAR AND U CAN TELL HES RETARDED CUZ GOING EXCA ON BOLT/SHIFT BOTH WORKED LMAO JUS BAIT OUT THE FIGHTING ON THE SWITCH bACK TO PEX MA NIGGA IF UR WORRIED LMAOOOOOOOOO BRODIE RLLY NVER WENT TO EXCA LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCHE BRO GOOCHE HOW HE LOSE THAT LEFTIES IS STR8 DOODOOBUTTER THE GEAR DIDNT EVVEN HAVE LEFTIES LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL "ruh roh i didnt know it got a boost on my sac xd" headass LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL FUCK U DID PUSSY U JUS MISPLAYED U WANTED TO SACK ON BOLT N PIVOT TO EXCA FOR FREE LMAO U RETARD STOP PLAYIN LIKE UR A UNRETARD LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
leftiez lunch: :swole::swole::swole::swole::swole: leftiez went from not being able to have lunch to becomin someones lunch
*CORRECTION* after talking w leftiez it turns out that gear was fb mot cm, and leftiez genuinely forgot how soulheart worked. In that case he manned up to his misplay and in light of the whol game I think he came out the better player here.
bruh someone to tell abr to stop jus theorizing teams and put them on paper. yea some of ur tecc sets hit but ur teams r so fuckin slow and unmomentum if ur techs dont hit u just get ass chewed nigga cmon u not basedlord. ok fine team wasnt TAHT bad or slow and he ran into zard but also the "always click spikes w ninja" strat DONT WORK LOOOOOOOOL LOST NINJA TO TAHT AND LOST LANT PREDICTING THE FBLAST LOOOOOOOOOOOOL BRUH STOP GIVIN MFS 2 MUCH CREDIT LIKE THEY NOT JUST CLICKIN BUTTONS (the tran on spikes is skill but NOBODY doesnt ft w zard on the lando pivot). yea nayways this game was hard as shit to win cuz volturn + zard ate. imagine that was the unbad gren set aka ash tho,,, 8=8
dicks chomped: :swole::swole: :swole:abr stop playin yaself mans rlly got 6-0d GOATED LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
is it jus me or was ther ZERO PLAYS MADE NOR ATTEMPTED til like t18 of the game where, ill give sab credit, but still the play was on the back of trosk being unable to click the most INFURIATINGLY predictable move JESUS FUCK IT MAKES ME MAD TO WATCH LOL AND THEN HE GETS REWARDED W LUCK sdagksgnasgjsagasg IM DONE BROS SM RLLY DONT TAKE ZERO SKILL IM NOT SAYIN SAB PLAYED A SKILLED GAME NIGGAS RLLY CANT WIN WO RAIN FUCK SM (BTW the "rewarded" part isnt fb miss its the TA crit cuz unless lati misses draco the fb hitting wasnt savin sab)
this tier: :swole::swole::swole::swole::swole: fuck this tier this game took away all my hopes that this tier was watchable
again p2 came w da TECCS but lemme jus ask u to all the abrs and p2s if u tecc vs a common but not guaranteed mon when there r many many other counters to ur TECCER, is it rlly worth it? like i mean how often is a clef gonna be someones sole answer to zy.... nevermind. p2 rlly pulled up w 1 breaker lol and it died early, and he actually might have had a chance if he clicked crash at any point in the game on the multiple koko switchins (goin for crit). alas game was over as shit cuz tran put in too much work, koko pivots all day, and everytihgn on p2s team is walled.
not a spectacular game, this couldv taken place on teambuilder.pokemonshowdown.com moreso than play.pokemonshowdown,com
dicks choked: :swole:not much to choke xept maybe icicle
yea another 0brain rainspam clicker lmao ok this time es brought his usual style again which is fat so i dont blame rain spammin since its offense and offense > fatter balance but once empo saw spexcain do 50 to a lati and decided that gear was a better check to it than gren after a defog (if it isnt mono attacking then u lost t0 anyways) the game just ended. yea naother mu win i rlly love usm. At least this one was a dick in mouth game so the game ended faster! though if per was played right this game was winnab.... never its empo we talkin bout lmao "spam rain" "gear checks everyting" headass haha
shafts devoured: :swole::swole::swole::swole:
after the game cbb thought taht goin for uturn (or was it spikes) t1 was a better play which i agree 100% cuz NOMATTER WHAT hes goin pex to get ts since ts destroys that team and diancie doesnt rlly stop it (lmao skillfull players alwyas use pex bro keep this mon and keep this tier funa nd skilled xdddddd) t7 staying in w mag on land i also dont agree w but maybe predicted zfly or think that mag is useless idk cuz doubt he not eqing but still u cant assume sets and torn > mag in importance, but why never click flash tho its nice chip and its not like tdk ever gon let tran come in on vs and risk losin all the momentum he built up (which is jus leadin pex and clickin ts btw, my point being tdk didnt need any skill to be at the point hes at in this game) cbb does a good job scoutnig z on tapu off the back of defogging w mag sack. after massively outplaying to get momentum aka rocks and switch advantage back in his favor, cbb made the mistake of trading blows w bulu sinc ehe needed bulu for gren. i guess goin torn was risky but if it wasnt burned it was free (there we go w tdk not needing any skill to be at an advantage, jus go pex bro click ts or scald xd)
anyhow at turn 38 cbb put himself in a position where he can win off of a hydro miss, but in hindsight tdk has 2 many sacks theres no way hes switching out like why would he switch there w 5 mons vs 3, 1 sack in koko more than enuf. however i dont blame him for playing off the choke but idk he coulda had a chance to win w diancie off hydro miss (NO UTURN??? ok maybe its spikes but like idgi)
tough game for cbb, needed to outplay even more turns, which by the looks of the game you would think are the majority.
not rlly a choke but if gren didnt have uturn he played off tdk choking i guess? but ye still if gren didnt have uturn then i think cbb made the right play.
:pikuh:
ye rain v offense not lookin good for joe. however confuse on koko was pretty critical discouraging a roost/vs since doesnt matter if pert comes in tang is free. that just sucks, cuz joe lost all momentum afte rhaving to switch out on the confuse (IMAGIN STAYIN IN ON THAT SHIT LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL BET GONDRA THOT HE WAS HOT SHIT ON THAT TURN). hjk miss sealed it even tho the game was still to some degree playable at that point (not rlly, needed chokes) but yea sacking gren was p bad too i assume its scarf since noone sacks ash gren in that situation. bad luck / mu as always poor joe
:pikuh:

this concludes the USM part of this week's goatnalysis

Last edited:
I was 5/7 out of my predictions last week, so I'll give it another go. :]

Games to look out for:

ORAS: xray vs Updated Kanto
SM OU: Poek vs Z0mOG

Main Events aka GRAB YOUR POPCORN:

SM OU: ABR vs Bro Fist

If ABR's luck strikes as usual, then Bro Fist has no chance. Although I feel ABR's a better builder than Bro Fist, Bro Fist is the better player and I feel his thought process in the end will lead him to a win over ABR. Hopefully we'll have a nice clean game with some cool teams to showcase.

ORAS OU: CrashinBoomBang vs Blunder

We might not have a trilogy of Sweepage vs Blunder, but this is even better.

Cham kicked our hero CBB into retirement the last time these two faced off. I feel that this time CBB will make the aggressive plays to put himself in the drivers seat against Blunder. However, Blunder has the skills to outplay any of his opponents no matter what position he is in. Hoping for a clean game as well in this one.

Let's be honest, THE FANS ARE THE REAL WINNERS.

Cryos Up! :]

Updated Kanto

Banned deucer.
Hi, this is Updated Kanto and this is my attempt at the #FinchinatorChallenge

Circus Maximus Tigers (0) vs Congregation of the Classiest (1)

SM OU: Eternal Spirit vs Sabella - Eternal been on fire this spl which is exactly why he'll lose to aquafina
SM OU: p2 vs Blackoblivion - p2 played like ass last week so hes determined to show he doesnt play like ass he EATS it
SM UU: A Hero's Destiny vs Sacri' - Sacri been pickin it up and ridin the momentum wave he created
SM RU: lighthouses vs Bouff - i heard this was bouffs first win in tournament in a long time
SM NU: Hootie vs Pohjis - idk much about nu but I've seen Pohjis play it all so he must be pretty good at it
SM DOU: MajorBowman vs EmbCPT- i heard this guys a 10/10 doubles player while everyone els caps at 7/10
ORAS OU: Nintendi vs Znain - this already happened but damn hope to play you again in play offs maybe
BW OU: McMeghan vs Shoka - Both these guys are pretty gud but I think the tigers will be down when mcm plays so he'll be motivated hard
DPP OU: Tamahome vs NightFox - I like both these dudes tbh but i heard nightfox been predictable with his teams
ADV OU: k3nan vs thelinearcurve - LADDER HERO REP :swole::swole::swole:
GSC OU: Century Express vs Jimmy Turtwig - Mr. express been doing well this SPL he'll take this one
RBY OU: Diegolh vs Lusch - idk enough about rby to do this one

Stark Sharks (0) vs Team Raiders (0)

SM OU: BHARATH_THEBEST vs TDK - BTB just needs to learn to not get tilted by hax and he gud
SM OU: nihilillie vs R!cardo - R!cardo gettin better with every game im sure this is where he finally reaches that W
SM UU: dodmen vs Pak - this guy went for 3k and is 6-1 thats pretty ggood
SM RU: Arifeen vs -Tsunami- - Lets poo boys
SM NU: Teddeh vs Zukushiku - this guys pretty good
SM DOU: Demantoid vs Kaori - i saw a pic of this guy he's pretty handsome
ORAS OU: Tricking vs Gondra - OMG TRICKINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
BW OU: smurf vs BKC - this guys pretty good AND pretty handsome damn
DPP OU: ToF vs roscoe - he's impressive from what ive seen
ADV OU: Kevin Garrett vs Jirachee - he's the goat
GSC OU: Pleasure vs choolio - Conflict aint playin around after getting bp'd last week he's winnin this shit
RBY OU: GGFan vs MetalGro$$ - fan of ggs just like me

Cryonicles (0) vs Dragonspiral Tyrants (0)

SM OU: Sweepage vs Will of Fire - hes beaten daddy and asserted himself as the new father figure even if this was quite a bit ago
SM OU: Poek vs z0mOG - z0m's PRIDE is on the line we know theres def gonna be at least 1 girl spectating this match and z0m will do WAHTEVER THE FUCK he can (like a real [NIG] ) to get that SHIT DONE
SM UU: HT vs Christo - my mans got a hairy toenail
SM RU: Nat vs SilentVerse - used golisopod twice, anyone who uses golisopod has my respect shoutout matty shoutout creamteamz
SM NU: ict vs cb jose altuve - shiiit for a second i thought they were the same person
SM DOU: Biosci vs stax - i remember seeing one of his games and it made me go OOOOOOOOH SHIIIIIT
ORAS OU: CrashinBoomBang vs blunder - im da one whos gonna stop him in ORAS sorry CBB
BW OU: Arii Stella vs dice - dice been doin good
DPP OU: aim vs Bluewind - barnie been on fire this SPL cant wait to play him next week
ADV OU: London Beats vs UD - hes great hes fckin great even I can tell
GSC OU: sulcata vs Lavos - nothin wrong with skin milk or w/e :fukyu:hater
RBY OU: Peasounay vs Earthworm - tinman doesnt seem too impressed with ew so im going peas

Indie Scooters (0) vs Alpha Ruiners (0)

SM OU: FlamingVictini vs Cdumas - no mega gallade pls
SM OU: Leftiez vs Kory2600 - timing out to forgetting mechanics i dont see how else he can lose i mean he almost won with that old ass ben team vs sab
SM UU: Lycans vs Bushtush - I think i saw caronsmith the other day, probably came back after bush asserted dominance the other day
SM RU: Feliburn vs Chill Shadow- get this W brooo
SM NU: elodin vs lax - ishoulda just stuck to sm ou and oras
SM DOU: miltankmilk vs qsns - he got the milk
ORAS OU: Mounts vs Hiye -if i was gay hiye wuld be my sidechick
BW OU: Go10 vs ZoroDark - im sure hes learned
DPP OU: boudouche vs We Three Kings - i think hes more solid n shtuff yfeel me
ADV OU: Ojama vs undisputed - he's one of my fav adv players ever tied with mr astamatitos
GSC OU: giara vs Tiba - iunno shit
RBY OU: Alexander. vs roudolf13 - hes the italian one out of the two

Oh no, just another non taking on the #Finchinator challenge.

WRONG.

First of all, I already know the apes are smarter than all of us, no matter what the results say.

I, instead, am choosing to do something different unlike y'all (Tejas = Best State).

I have decided to rank the players based on their previous success this season of spl, to see if the players will live up to their rankings. For example, if Eo is at 5 wins and 1 loss, while Trosko has 4 wins and 3 losses, then Eo would take the prediction. This on paper should produce the best results (we all know this isn't true, someone's gonna get a double para t-bolt, triple flinch icicle crash, and hit 12 focus blasts in a row. I mean, it's Pokémon, what do you expect). Already completed matches do not matter as it will be on purely based on rankings overall. Ties will be decided by the flip of a coin. Btw this is based on the overall section of the spreadsheet locate at the top of this thread.

Without further ado, lets see the winners of week 8 of spl 9 based on success in previous rounds:

SM OU: Eo Ut Mortus vs Trosko - 5:1 vs 4:3
SM OU: bro fist vs ABR - 4:3 vs 5:2, etc. I'm not writing numbers for every one I'm on my phone pls spare me
SM RU: Windsong vs soulgazer - wins coin flip

Circus Maximus Tigers (6) vs Congregation of the Classiest (6)

SM UU: A Hero's Destiny vs Sacri' - won coin flip
SM RU: lighthouses vs Bouff
SM DOU: MajorBowman vs EmbCPT - flipping coins

Stark Sharks (7) vs Team Raiders (5)

Cryonicles (6) vs Dragonspiral Tyrants (6)

SM OU: Poek vs z0mOG - tie clips foins
ORAS OU: CrashinBoomBang vs blunder - I would never vote against my man blunder, but these aren't my votes, these are the stats.
DPP OU: aim vs Bluewind - I hope joey wins, gl fren :]

SM OU: FlamingVictini vs Cdumas - toe
SM UU: Lycans vs Bushtush - Tiesz

Again not my picks, the stats (who would put nihillie over R!cardo, or having Cryos tie the tyrants).

Also,
CrashinBoomBang vs Blunder = HEAT

Cbb gonna bring a team not weak to medicham and then blunders going to predict that and 6-0 him with mega camerupt. Then cbbs gonna blame matchup. Pure facts. Don't miss it. So ya, my actual prediction is:

CrashinBoomBang vs Blunder
None of the other games really matter
Peace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)