Smogon Premier League VII - Comemesment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inevitable team tournament thread timeline:

1) red pandas are posted by nails

2) everyone starts shitting up the thread with red panda and other animal macros because they want to fit in (perhaps by the 90th animal gif in 100 posts it's not as cute anymore)

3) someone inevitably says something stupid and someone calls him out for being stupid

4) everyone decides to hop on the hate wagon because they want to fit in

5) one person starts white knighting and calling out the haters

6) everyone hops on the white knight bandwagon because they want to fit in (you also get the "why can't everyone b frens :[" posts here)

7) people talk about how bad of a thread the thread in question is because they think adding their useless opinion about how shit the thread is is constructive and necessary (you will see posts with "ironically funny" good grammar and intelligent diction like "threads like these are why I love being a member of this exemplary community which is Smogon dot com xd" and people act like it's not overdone as fuck)

8) go back to number 2

JUST MY TWO CENTS GUYS

step 9: someone makes a shitpost about the shitpost about the shitposts (see post by user: tokyo tom)

guess this is some inception shit

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
We RU players prefer to be silent and lurk with the shadow watching the slugfest that is this thread.

I trust 49 and atomicllamas to represent the RU community through their posts, they are excellent smogon members.
still waiting for my coffee.

Jirachee

phoenix reborn
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
On the topic of great SPL 6 moments, I picked a few unforgettable moments to share...

...like when smogon's now Head TD lost his mind over a RBY game:
[22:29:34] <&McMeghan> 4 crit 3 sp fell
[22:29:36] <&McMeghan> then sp fell
[22:29:39] <&McMeghan> then bunch of other para
[22:29:42] <&gengar> all i see was metalgross being dominated
[22:29:46] <&gengar> idk what youre talking about
[22:29:53] <&McMeghan> shut the fuck up your border hopping drug addict

...or when GSC legend M Dragon revealed to McMeghan how he is so good at this game:
[23:24] <MDragon> wheres royal?
[23:24] <MDragon> tell him that we have to play now
[23:31] <MDragon> .
[23:46] <MDragon> ok we had scheduled for 1 hour ago
[23:46] <MDragon> i have to go
[23:47] <MDragon> because i wake up tomorrow early
[23:48] <McMeghan> why dont you just
[23:48] <McMeghan> ask royalflush
[23:48] <McMeghan> he's online
[23:48] <McMeghan> also one of our game is happening lol
[23:48] <MDragon> i did
[23:49] <MDragon> he is not answering
[23:49] <McMeghan> cant you just wait 'till this game is over lol
--
[01:20] <MDragon> that was a little lie mcm
[01:20] <MDragon> to make u think
[01:20] <MDragon> i was using offense
[01:20] <MDragon> XD

...or when cbb accidentaly made fun of his own player when he lost in a rather... embarassing way

...or when harsha showed his brilliant Pokemon mind to the Ever Grande BIGs:

and that's just one season of SPL. How can a tournament be so based?

...or when GSC legend M Dragon revealed to McMeghan how he is so good at this game:
[23:24] <MDragon> wheres royal?
[23:24] <MDragon> tell him that we have to play now
[23:31] <MDragon> .
[23:46] <MDragon> ok we had scheduled for 1 hour ago
[23:46] <MDragon> i have to go
[23:47] <MDragon> because i wake up tomorrow early
[23:48] <McMeghan> why dont you just
[23:48] <McMeghan> ask royalflush
[23:48] <McMeghan> he's online
[23:48] <McMeghan> also one of our game is happening lol
[23:48] <MDragon> i did
[23:49] <MDragon> he is not answering
[23:49] <McMeghan> cant you just wait 'till this game is over lol
--
[01:20] <MDragon> that was a little lie mcm
[01:20] <MDragon> to make u think
[01:20] <MDragon> i was using offense
[01:20] <MDragon> XD
[05:24:01 pm] <&MDragon> im not shady :(

a tournament director, ladies and gents

Nails

Double Threat
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
ubers is worse while being harder to make fun of. "wow pdon is used on every team your tier is garbage" gets boring after a while, but there's more instances of things like speed ties, weird distribution of damage rolls, and things like phil's classic "why would i use little dick mons when i can use big dick mons in ou" jab. spl needed a new whipping boy, it was time.

i play both tiers, and in all honesty i don't mind ubers being left out in favor of LC so long quality Ubers mains (Hack / steelphoenix / Level 56 / Astounded / ZoroarkForever etc) are picked up for SPL. all of them did pretty well in the opens and steel is a proven boss BW OU player.

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
is a Tiering Contributorwon the 11th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
It's cool that you Ubers guys have a positive attitude about being snubbed.

Also where are the UU players? That tier was only second to OU when I was its best player from 2009-2014. The minute I stopped playing UU, it fell right off the radar. No one even brings it up anymore in casual conversations.

Who are the good UU players nowadays other than Limitless? Who should we be on the lookout for when SPL starts?

Last edited:

Thisbemyalt

Shiba sucks
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
It's cool that you Ubers guys have a positive attitude about being snubbed.

Also where are the UU players? That tier was only second to OU when I was its best player from 2009-2014. The minute I stopped playing UU, it fell right off the radar. No one even brings it up anymore in casual conversations.

Who are the good UU players nowadays other than Limitless? Who should we be on the lookout for when SPL starts?
I have won three UU room tours which I don't think limitless has

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)