Finals Smogon Premier League VII - Finals [Won by the Stark Sharks]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I don't normally do these individual shoutouts, but since we won I guess this is a fitting occasion..

First of all congratulations to the Classiest, who had a great run this season. It's nice to see a final contested by the two best sides this season and the series was certainly thrilling. Well played to all involved. We had an absolute shocker of a Saturday luck-wise but to our guys' credit they really lifted and got the team over the line. It's been a great season both results wise and in general, and I'm really proud of this iteration of the Sharks as a whole.

makiri: Thanks again for drafting me again to the Sharks, I've always wanted to play for this team once more and to win another SPL title is the cherry on top of the cake. I remember messaging you the day before the draft 5 years ago, and you showed a lot of faith in me back then. I believe that's the secret to the Sharks' success - combining a core of established big-name players with talented up-and-coming players. You really established a winning culture and it shows, with Sharks being the greatest SPL team in history. If it really was your last season at the helm, I'm glad we got to send you off on a high.

M Dragon: Unfortunately my spanish is quite limited to "los winnos, gg" so I'm gonna have to do this in English.. It's been great having you as assistant manager this season, and your involvement is absolutely priceless. I honestly cannot think of anyone who is as knowledgeable as you across every single tier in existence, and that is a rare thing indeed. Your scouting and teambuilding services were invaluable to each and every member on the team, so thank you for that. It was great fun sparring with you in ADV/DPP, and bouncing around teambuilding ideas. I don't know if you're making a run at Classic this year, but if you do hopefully we will meet in ADV Cup finals!

Golden Sun:
[13/03/2016, 9:17:06 PM] goldensun: lol
[13/03/2016, 9:17:10 PM] goldensun: mons is draining
[13/03/2016, 9:17:13 PM] goldensun: we have to quit
Proceeds to sign up for ADV and DPP cup. Right.....
Heist-junior is one of the ADV greats, who at the start of the week is filled with motivation to build as CTC would say, "an icy mcspicy" team. Thursday rolls around, and I've popped him with Kingdra/Zammer a few times. He bins the team, disappears and pops up on game day with a random team and gets the W. Monster. I know this guys is keen on WCOP, so I'm gonna call it right now... he will play on for at least another 2 years. Nerd.

Kevin Garrett: Playing too much DPP can be extremely taxing, so it was great to be able to share the load with you. The consummate professional and team player, who is always willing to play tests and discuss teambuilding. I enjoyed discussing different aspects of mons with you and I hope you have a good run in Tour/Classic this year. I joined ADV cup so I guess you haven't seen the last of me just yet heh.

Conflict: Combined we must be the lucky charm for Sharks aye, 2/2 not to shabby at all. Funny how we were the newbies who made a name in SPL2 all those years ago, and now are back again as the experienced guys. A great teammate thats for sure, always willing to help out, and one of the best GSC players too. If you do play on I hope it will be with the sharks, would be weird seeing you in any other lineup.

Alastor Law / reiku: I lump you two guys together cause you're the two loveable spanish bros. You guys remind me of Colcho, super friendly dudes who are always supportive, and offering to help test. To reiku, I've been watching you over the last year and you have really impressed in ORAS. I really thought you could go undefeated at the start of the season. Unfortunately it wasn't meant to be, but I hope you can clinch WCOP this year. To Al, I'm really happy you got to play a handful of games this year, and you clutched out some big wins for us. You're a great teammate, thanks for the tests in DPP and all the best in future. PS: Let me chill in the spanish channel for wcop, everyone from Spain is really warm and friendly! *_*

Steve Angello: You kind of remind me of DarkLucario, who was one of my favourite dudes from our all conquering SPL2 side. Another friendly German, who is an amazing team player and overall nice guy. You are an underrated player who flies under the radar but I enjoyed watching you play this season. That meteor mash on Mega slowbro was fucking divine, you can name him houdini from now on ;)

Cased: This mother fucker actually won with 6 ice types lmao. Best win in SPL I can recall, though I have to admit in my mind I thought you were absolutely fucked. Funny how at the start of the season we were talking about winning a trophy together and here we are. Hope you get a chance to shine in GSC in future seasons, all the best.

Frizy: Great team player, and possibly the only person on earth to try spore a ferrothorn. Lol just kidding, thanks or testing with me in DPP and being a chill dude on skype. Wcop?

GOD MARTH: In many ways the antithesis to myself, a lover of solid defensive cores and teams. Amoongus is definitely your spirit mon. Sparring you in BW is always fun, and hopefully we can play again in some capacity. You are definitely one of the top BW guys in my opinion and if you really are retiring then there's no better send off.

blarajan: Dominant in LC as always, and also a great teammate who helps out as much as possible. Seeing you super excited for your first trophy was a nice thing to witness, hopefully you can go on to more team success in the future.

Hikari: UU Monster. Watching you clinch in the finals was a joy, one of the most dominant wins I can remember. Been great playing with you this year, really nice guy too and all the best in future. I really dig the ampharos avatar too, fk yeah I'm jealous I can admit that.

Meru: Got some tough breaks early on in the season but to your credit you turned it around and really got us some crucial wins. I think that says a lot about your character, and I'm glad I got to play alongside you.

The_Chaser: RBY master and a trusty member of the OCN core we had going this year. I really enjoyed watching some of your games this year, that series with MoP in particular was a highlight. All the best with whatever you pursue career wise.

TheFourthChaser: I can safely say I have no idea what the hell is going on in doubles, but I'm glad you do! Thanks for pulling out some big wins for us and all the best for regionals/worlds.

CTC: Yung basedlord in the shadows pulling the strings and crafting killer squads for all our ORAS guys. Holding WCOP and SPL without playing a single game is a glorious feat, own it. Nice youtube singing btw!

gene: It's a shame you weren't more active in the chat but you got some good wins for us, bopping Tesung in ORAS UU was the highlight. What is fairy type? GG.

Congratulations to all teams who participated.
I think everyone did a great tournament.
This is one of the most fun tournaments of smogon.
And I am very pleased to have participated and reached the final in both editions.
Congratulations to the Sharks getting lucky or was not you who won

Makiri

Makiri i love you, i want your picture =D
send for me in pm =D
TFC say you so beautiful
^^
you are my favorite nonplayer in the sharks =D
Good season makiri you play very good , and you always talk with me in chat
I love your presence in chat =D
you always had responses and was always willing to try to help the team .
It was great to have you on the team.
Always present for talking and helping everyone .
good luck in your next spl and gogo to get your trophy

MDragon

I have never met someone so humble and nice as him.
Always hinted teams adversaries information, tests.
Always a leader full.
You were amazing and deserved this trophy,
We've been together 1 year and we did.
Congratulations MDragon ....

FUCK MDragon
MDragon PORRA

Alastor Law

you are strong and a solid player.
good luck in your life bro.

Blarajan

I liked this guy, whenever he entered a struggle of mine, has talked about something to motivate. ORAS LC train was fun, and you played very well congratulations Blara.

CasedVictory

My kid plays this character very much and so much fun, I love you Case, was great great to have you on the same team. You're an amazing player and always humorous.

It was great to make a team with you.

Conflict

Conflict you are we mvp xD .
Your best score bro .
It was great to have you on the team , vc was a solid player and we needed that parabens .
our MVP

CTC

I like this guy, last year he was livelier and more playful that year he was more seriously, I think it was because of real life.
But still it was very important CTC stop the team, his presence excites me.

Frizy

For me the best player of all spl.
Frizy helped me by giving tips, was worried when I play because I work and not always to get much time online.
The Frizy was the guy that helped me most in the whole tournament, not only me but the whole team.
I think he and Gene were undoubtedly fundamental to our being here in this final
Frizy Congratulations

Gene

Thanks for everything. ;]I do not know much about it for so not to speak of.

God Marth

i don't talk so much with you.
but i like your style.
good luck in your future.

Golden Sun

hauhauah This guy I like him, he's kind nervozo stressed, but it 's a great guy, I think he deserved more than anyone that he played very well when he was on the team this year and has always helped us with their style of boss be. congratulations man you deserve it!!

Hikari

This guy won when we most need, since not enough to make a good tournament and not win in the end all work is lost.

Thanks man!!

Kevin Garrett

you so strong i join in sharks in week 5 but you very strong.

Meru

Hey man i understand you.
you have a chance de make a good score and helped the team more.
you made some mistakes that caused you to miss some games won .
But i know want you make your best

Reiku

This guy just destroy , and it plays very nice people and I train sometimes almost kkk destruiiii , but in the end he won
Jirachi won kkkk , nice battle bro Reiku nice score you deserve this , Best Buy could have done that Mariki .
Reiku congratulation

Steve Angello

This guy is phenomenal tbm , always active and always chatting with everyone helping and doing what he could to help the team .

Smurf

My bro .
My test partner. It was really fun test heck with you always interested in testing and improving . We needed more players with his spirit and willingness on the team. It was nice to meet you man .

TheFourthChaser

That guy is tense it is boring legal baggy good bad kkk TFC is all a little more. But it was super important for the team coached me and Advanced talked about my team and my choices.
Congratulations you play too TFC

It's FUCKING sharks

SHARKS PORRA

bruno

is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
the CLASSIEST trade retention rights of Hikari to the SHARKS for 2k
CLASSIEST: +2k
SHARKS: +Hikari retention rights

Biggest mistake ever yn. Takes a classy to take down the classy lol.

Anyway, grats sharks. It was fun being assman of the classiest this season, and even though i have my regrets here and there i hope to make up for them by taking the trophy as the manager next season. It was awesome being on a team full of legends and fun people. Wasn't planning on making shoutouts but i feel the need to say some stuff:

Shake: Obviously biased but to me you're easily the best at drafting. Even though i made most of the draft plan i doubt things would have worked out half as well without you. It's like you have some some kind of mystical power of some shit jesus. It's also crazy how you got so close to winning spl 3 times in a row. It's sad to see you dippin from the official tours, you had a good run my dude.

Ojama: You put in work man. A monstrous record and help on a bunch of tiers, pretty much the best retain we could have asked for. We had our fights here and there but in the end all you wanted was the best for the team. Hopefully ppl stop being retarded about you being "team cancer" because that's the stupidest myth that we had to hear the entire season. You're the one i wish that got the trophy the most. Happy you chose to play for us.

blunder: A big surprise this season, it was great seeing you do so well this spl. Winning that finals game was also amazing, yo. We've been friends for pretty much 2 years now so it was great being with u in an official tour for once brother.

Heysup: The lc king. U showed me how competitive LC can be, and u did a fantastic work on it.

Memoric/Arctic: It kinda bugs me how we just benched u forever but u had a good run, arctic. Thanks for helping memo out. M4m0ric u were amazing, quite a hidden beast we found in the mids.

Pana/Mop: It was rly cool having these two poke-legends on the team. Pana, u're p much the best dpper out there, and the way u manage to still use "innovative" stuff in a meta that has been out for so long such as DPP interests me a lot(when i saw this man posting a wisp nape team and saying he'd use it in finals i legit thought it was an april fools joke, lmao). Mop u helped in pretty much every tier so not much to say really, lol. Couldn't grab some w's here and there but ur luck is kinda dicks so it kinda makes it hard. U're like the most mysterious person on smog so it was cool seeing your thoughts on stuff.

Evuelf: Cutest user alive.

Zamrock: And to think we got u cuz of sg. You were one of the most helpful teammates and made a bunch of scouting, posted a fuckload of calcs, and subbed in for a ton of games. You were quite a team player, man. I'm glad we got you.

Ice Tea: Watch evangelion.

To the people left and everyone that helped us: Luv u guys <3_<3

Fun season. We'll come back even stronger next time classiest :toast:

Last edited:
WARNING: IF UR AGAINST HOMOSEXUALS SKIP THIS POST

So yeah I want to begin this with a little story, on how I got into SPL which was a fucking rollercoaster of feelings and twists. It was right after the draft when Calloflochie lochie came to me asking me for UU help because he was all washed up and needed someone to build with, at that time we knew each other for like 1-2 days, which was a massive honor for me to help out someone who was in SPL especially when he didn't know me at all so. Week 1 started and the team I gave him delivered a win and first blood this SPL which was a great feeling knowing that (my) team won!! After that the team I gave him in week 3 also won where he made some changes which ended up perfect. After that I felt like really glad about this all because I knew I accomplished something for the first time on Smogon lol :p. After that we talked a lot and he said he was trying to convince the managers to buy me at midseasons. I literally had no expectations that I would get bought (because why lol) so I just left it aside. When Classiest bid on Marcoasd and thus wasted all their credit, my hopes were completely gone, but it wasn't like I was upset. I went to bed and saw that Scooters upbid marco and I was like ''YES'' but after that nothing happened like for like 15 hours so I thought it was over and went to bed. Then I woke up opened my Laptop and had like 20 notifications on Skype i thought wtf?? My Skype wasn't opening and lagged as fuck so I decided to watch over at Smogon where I also had 20 alerts I was like wtf was going on I watched through my alerts and saw ''-Tsunami- tagged you in a post'' I was like ''OMG THAT CAN'T BE...' I looked at it and saw that I got bid on. My entire body was shaking and I was sooo fucking happy because I did not fucking expect that to happen. Then Skype finally loaded and lochie pm'ing me ''Thank me later :]'' at that point I felt so jive and couldn't really believe it and took me so much time to realize what actually was going on lmao. Then I got added into the team where I had a warm and friendly welcome and this is how it all begun. THE BEST TIME I'VE EVER HAD ON POKEMON.

First of all to myself: I'm a bit disappointed how I performed this season, but then again it was my first Team Tournament and the pressure was higher than never ever before. I think my record could've ended up a bit better if the odds would not play against me (really fuck u Omfuga i still have nightmares about that game xd <3). But overall I'm happy that I got 1 win in SPL, which is at least something I guess :P. I really hope I was a good teammate and you people liked me because I kind of had the reputation of an annoying person and a tiny (BAN ME PLEASE). But I tried my best during this season to improve. I really hope I get drafted next SPL so that I can prove I'm capable to perform better than this.

And yeah I'm really disappointed of myself that I couldn't sub in for finals because of difficult circumstances, and the way i just turned my back on you guys when you may have needed me the most... I can't do anything else than apologizing and I hope you guys forgive me. :[

Anyways my mind really says fuck this but my heart says I MUST do this because I really do owe this to you guys.

-Tsunami- - Thanks man, really, thank you so much for everything. Thanks for bidding on me, thanks for believing in me, thanks for always cheering me up when I lost. Man you're the best manager a team could ask for. The way you always motivated us and always stayed calm even in really tough situations was just impressive. You had huge faith in us even if we were down 0-2 or 0-3 ''dw its fine. we'll win. relax. have faith we got this'', I really can't say anything other than thanks for playing for you it was a pleasure. I'm really sorry we couldn't give you this Trophy bro and I really hope you don't quit :[. If thats really the case I wish you the best in real life and hope everything goes your direction if it doesn't here.

KratosMana - anti I love you... You useless piece of shit are adorable and I'm really glad I could play for you too. The efford you put into RBY was so great man. We always talked a lot and that shit and I really consider as a great friend by now. I'm sorry that you had to wake up like this seeing that we lost but life goes on. And I hope you get to manage next SPL how you planned because I'm sure you will be a great manager. Even if you did nothing else than saying I'm fat and gay you were truly a nice manager and I'm grateful that you gave me a shot! :heart:

Aeroblacktyl - MoP, you might not be reading this but I want you to know that it was an honor to team with you. You're truly the best player of all time and put so much effort in this team even if you were busy as fuck. You were so fucking valuable for this team and thanks for that GSC win :]]]
You're incredibly funny and rude as fuck at the same time which is a perfect combination. You criticized me very often but thats what I need, don't I? I'm glad I met you in your last SPL and hope everything goes perfect for you. You own.

Agammemnon - You were one of the kindest person of our team and you're truly the most entertaining RBY player in my eyes. Your teambuilding skills are so fucking decent and innovative in god damn RBY lmao. It's a pleasure watching you play that tier its really really enjoyable keep up the work buddy, sorry you got benched when there was literally no reason to but I want you to know that I'm your #1 fan for ever.

Arcticblast - The nigga who showed us the power of discord :]]]. You're are very nice as a person and sure a talented and comprehensable player. I love how chill you took it that you got benched for Memoric the god, because you realized he had his time of his life. Also I will never forget how you denied a fuck to play a sheduled match hahahahah. You're the best.

blunder - OML king of ORAS OU. Broooo you're inspiring and I love how you play. You're an underrated beast your finals perfomance was not from this planet :3! You're an incredibly funny guy like you always make me laugh, and I just love how we memed together on Smogtours while our teammates played it was entertaining af and you're truly #2 cheerleader after me :]. Thanks for always being kind to me and always talking to me for funsies. Lol you won every test vs me and completely outplayed me like an alien. You the best ouer alive dont let yourself down man and keep this spirit and one day you might be able to build without KELDEO-LANDORUS-THERIAN-LATIOS. Love you bro look forward to team with you sometimes

Calloflochie - Thanks for everything you were the reason I got on this team. You're probably the person I value the most on this site you are always there for me and you showed me what friendship on internet means. Sucks how this finals ended up that you got subbed out for no fucking reason when you obviously were not the one whose fault it was but whatever. I can't say anything else than I love you bby please don't die again I literally can't without you, you gotta play UUPL with me and win OST :]]. UU Legend thanks for everything thanks thanks thanks for beeing there I would literally turn gay for you (yeah suck my dick smogon think what you want). Maybe one day you will be superior to me in Battle Factory but that gotta wait (BAN ME PLEASE), good luck fam and I love you.

Evuelf - One of the closer friends I made this season. You are so underrated but so goood, best BW player in my eyes and I really do appreciate you. You're incredibly adorable and cute like wtf?? How can one person be as cute as fleuve :3. I understand that you're down as fuck right now but move one bro I know you will win something some day because you clearly deserve so. Clutchgod evu always pulled through when needed so sorry we couldn't back you up this finals. I really hope we pair up again you're my #2 fav person on this team, love you cutie n_n

giara - giara is cute!!!! You played a tier with the hardest competition and managed to perform good which i'm pretty proud and you should be too. It sucks your record says otherwise but you got pretty unlucky sometimes. I still think highly of you and I really like you. The finals game was pretty sad tho because i think you coulve won that but i guess the pressure was just too high :c

IAmGingy - Man you were on fire when you got freed on bench after that everything somehow went downhill, I've no idea what happened but I still do think you're an amazing player and a very great builder, you also have a great personality and a hot ass :3c. Keep up the work and you will be the best soon really love you bro

Heysup - LC JESUS CHRIST, man watching you playing LC is like watching a man stealing a kids lollipop, the way you outplay your opponents is just inhuman it is incredible how you really only lose to hax I've never seen you getting predicted or outplayed, because of course you're heysup, sucks that you can't hit inaccuracte moves lmao you should be to 0 this season however you are a great guy and glad i got to meet you (i will find you once youre in germany take care)

New Breed - KA$H MONEY KEV, you're a straight savage you're so fucking amazing bro. You're the complete package: great player, nice guy and funny as fuck. Sucks you got matchup'd that hard in finals cuz otherwise you only lose to hax aswell. The way you just pop up out of nothing and take your team and just win is just insane. BIG FAN =D

Memoric - More like Mamoric amirite??? xdd Love you so much <333 You're adorable and literally the best player who has ever graced the DOUBLES OU TIER. I love watching you how you just outplay your opps turn by turn, youre just straight savage and what a fucking shame you only got bought at mids lmfao. Am looking forward for your next SPL and hope we end up on the same team!! (you're a girl for me btw)

Ojama - THE KINGPIN HIMSELF oml you're probably the best player on Smogon right now. You dominated this tournament so hard and so does your record prove man. You're so consistend and a great af teammate, you're probably my idol. I was scared first when i got on this team cuz people warned me of you but i guess they were just totally retarded because you're a really cool and funny guy. I hope i get to team with you again because it is just a blast with you. I'll never forget the hippo-amoon-skarm-rachi predict that was just godly man how does one do it??

panamaxis - Another legend I had the honor to team with, watching you play made me happy because I knew you would just win :D. We only talked a few times because your shitty timezone and busy life but I enjoyed every second we talked when you were online. You're truly the best DPP player ever and a really really cool guy...I hope you know Memoric is on our team by now btw :PP.

soulgazer - weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeb :3, bro you're the best NU'er dont let yourself down after that Finals loss. you performed great this season which is displayed by your record you put so much efford into your teams you literally prepped so much and built like 10 teams every week o.o. You always cared about us and were always up for tests and helped a lot, always asking on progress in any tier. youre a great guy keep up man love u :heart:

Zamrock - my man kyle zamrock zam ''you've never seen a visual like mine'' rock, king zammer youre the man,, thanks for all the efford man you were the hardest worker on this team always making visuals and helping, testing, building scouting bro youre the teammate everyone wishes to have you get way to much shit but these ignorant bastards dont know how valuable you were for this team, sucks how your record ended up bullshit because of fucking freezes everytime but it is what it is keep up man ily :]

Thanks to Evan. you put so much dedication in our team like it was your own you're amazing, thanks atomicllamas for amazing ru help, thanks for TDK and GeeMick for ou help tdk is cute and geemick will be top 1 oras ou soon, big thanks to my bud dodmen youre one of my best buds thanks for all the help bro love u, thanks FLCL for overall help too :D i think u r cute and thanks to Tesung wish u helped more :[

k my fingers are hurting and i really owe you guys those shoutouts, we were way much than just a team i felt so comfortable in our team environment i love all of you guys im so glad i got to know every single one of you, you were like a big ass family for those months thanks for everything, thanks for this amazing experience and time :heart: :heart:

grats to sharks this was a gay series but you guys deserve it
big grats to my boys Steve Angello and Cased grats buds hope you jack off happily to those pixels :]

give spl 8 :33 im done wew

Last edited:

TheFourthChaser

#TimeForChange
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
SHARKS SHARKS SHARKS

Helllllll yes, dude. Last SPL was pretty rough for me so it feels good to come back the next year and take the trophy home again. Sharks is always my favorite team to be on, not just because I can count on the quality of players being high but because it's always been a chill environment. I usually tend to avoid individual shoutouts but I guess I'll make an exemption!

makiri - A drafting genius to be able to pick me up at 3k. It seems, for some weird reason, that people were sleeping on my ability to play this meta so I have to thank you for picking me back up despite this. While you told me you'd be more active in helping me pre-season and followed that up with occasionally approving my team, I enjoy your presence when you are actually active and it makes it more fun when I see you at VGC stuff. Maybe next time you won't mind letting me use your bathroom.

M Dragon - Your help was crucial to the win, few are as knowledgeable about multiple metagames as you are. I was pretty surprised at first that you had teams to test with me and it was nice to have more than 1 person to do so with. Easily one of the best assistant managers that one could've asked for, it was awesome having you on the team.

blarajan - Unfortunately you are an LC player. And your trolling wasn't that funny. You randomly started talking about your girl situations sometimes. Aside from that and more, you're a pretty good team presence and would look over my squads to see if I missed something obvious. I'm sure we'll talk about VGC a million times between today and Worlds, so I'll talk to ya later and see ya then.

Alastor Law / reiku - Apparently I can group you together because you're Spanish. This makes it easier for me as I didn't interact much with Law this season but you have wins which is all I need to enjoy you. Reiku was amusing because he thought his English was bad but I never noticed until he mentioned it himself last night in the Sharks chat. Reiku clutched it out in situations I thought looked pretty shitty making it so I could never doubt the power of Spain ever again.

Steve Angello - Tim you were easily one of my favorite teammates this season. I probably tested against you every week even though you knew little about Doubles and only had bunnies. If a team can beat bunnies its a good team I guess. Your thirst for that trophy seemed stronger to me than the other teammates so I'm happy that we contributed to each other's red trophies. Hope to be on a team with you next year!

Cased - You brought mono-ice to the finals and won WHILE telling sg to suck your dick. That has to be respected by every user on this forum now and forever. I apologize for that little argument we had during finals and aside from that I saw nothing but positive contribution from you the whole season. Unlike blara, your trolling is pretty funny and you're probably the person I'd like to see most come to Worlds out of that group.

Hikari - YOU'RE RIGHT THERE. You ended this tournament the most amusing way possible and posted pics of yourself while doing so. You got balls, nuff said.

CTC - Dog I didn't actually see you do anything but you're the yung danklord.

Golden Sun / Smurf. - Unfortunately my interaction with you both was a bit limited due to timezone differences but you're both fantastic players in arguably the most competitive metagames. I wish I could've helped out more as I enjoy both ADV and DPP but you both performed consistently and I would look at these slots as guaranteed Ws at the beginning of the week.

Conflict - Perhaps the most amazing thing I learned about you this season was your ability to eat a bowl of soup in 10 seconds. You were in a leadership position most of the time in chat and probably the most influential member of the team. You deserve to be the dynasty player and have a 3rd SPL win, I can only hope to work with you for a 3rd time next season.

Kevin Garrett - I enjoyed how you would talk about interesting, and maybe even random, things in chat like game theory. Good to be on Sharks with you for a 2nd time, and I think it's the same circumstance but I was too busy this season to notice lol...

GOD MARTH - Tbh when you used to troll online I would find it annoying but talking with you before week 1 removed any thought of that. You were a chill dude the entire time and fought through a meta I would hate to play myself. Your acts of sacrifice and masochism will never be forgotten.

Meru - I have clear memory of banning you on PO years ago. It was awesome to learn that you had grown so much since then and you were nothing but a good guy to have around. Come on Showdown some time and I'll ban you again for old time's sake.

The_Chaser - Mini me! I never really thought we'd be on a team together since you've always been Ocn/Ruiner and I've always been West and consider myself primarily Shark. I'm glad your "dry humor" and mannerisms have stayed consistent throughout the years as you've always amused me and I'm glad I could have one of my older forum friends as a teammate. The Chaser duo was clearly too strong for this tournament to handle.

Frizy - Man you didn't do shit that I saw. You were basically less-helpful/cool/smart/skilled SPL 5 TFC, the super-sub. Luckily since we're buds you'll know I'm messing with you and am happy I could contribute to your 2nd trophy. Whenever I'm on irc next I'll be sure to bug with questions of your life.

gene - Hella forgot you were on this team but I know you got some Ws and you've been good for ages so it was good to have you on the roster.

Aside from my testing partners M Dragon and Angello, I need to give a big shoutout to kamikaze17 - the Joey to my Yugi. UC Berkeley classmate, ICPA teammate, and all-around awesome friend, I don't know how well I would've performed in both SPL and the Smogon VGC tour without your help in preparation and listening to me drone on about ideas. It'll be awesome seeing you again at Worlds and taking some more tournament wins with you.

One more thing worth mentioning: apparently user Stratos was saying I was not worth picking up pre-season. In a (lost) interview for the Doubles community I said I would be shoving my red trophy in his face. WELL HERE IT IS

Thanks everyone for the experience. It was pretty stressful for me between juggling so many things but you guys made it not only worth it but fun. This SPL victory is the best birthday gift you guys could've given me.

_______/\_____________\o/________
____________/\________\o/________
________________/\____\o/________
___________________/\_\o/________
_______________________/\________
_________SHARK ATTACK!!!_________

MDragon was right. The Sharks were bad last year because they needed another spaniard. Alastor Law and Reiku for MVP.

CTC

Banned deucer.
is a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Big Chungus Winner
individual dankouts
(in no particular order i just copied alastor's post and changed everything but names)

makiri : cool manager, cant say the either of us has been active enough or even on at the same time to get to know one another but at least i didnt get any shade from boss for doin 0. well deserved trophy

M Dragon : the og grandaddy himself. appreciate the respect u have for me and i do reciprocate it because u have the accomplishments to match ur smogon esteem. we seem to have good synergy in gettin trophies huh? enjoyed the positivity and immense dedication you put into helping each player out, the effort you put in i would say warrants you an mvp title (among many other teammates) behind the scenes. gratz el capitan

reiku : you really surprised me this season with some amazing games. your image went from a good ou player to one of the top ou players in the game within the span of a few weeks, and that is just a partial reflection of how well you can play (some games you go rambo like vs tdk, and other games, like the early game vs blunder, you play a bit too reserved) in the end the game is all about risk reward, u know what to do in the games, its just a matter of doing it without fear. cant wait to see u perform in future tours

Conflict : you and mdrag are co-caps of the team, and the effort definitely shows. tho sometimes ur attempts at helping newer gens backfire, it is nonetheless clear how eager you are to help every teammate and how much you have contributed to helping them. still the gsc kingpin but then again in that tier u can click 1 of 4 moves randomly every turn and still brag about lasting 100 turns against earthworm. but maybe when ur basedlordphobia ends hop in to wcop and play a tier not older than my entire existence u oldfag. gratz tho el capitan

Steve Angello : my fuckin man tim angellord lazar jesuslov. somethin about the way u play just makes me happy, and i like playin with u because u are so unprdictable and entertaining (with or without ur barbaracle shits). clearly very underrated, and given enough editing to ur shit teams (ngl the first drafts on most of ur teams are FUCKING AIDS) they can work wonders. you def pulled your weight and displayed some amazing performances this spl, esp w the clutch finals win (tho spamming tpunch still won the game, but #STUNTORDIE)

blarajan : always active, always enthusiastic, brother jan is the overseer of the channel. albeit at times cancerous, u are generally genuine and cool, and talk about chill shit. another great season w a great record, guess it really is time to remove that shit tier if someone as skilless as u can go consistently like 80% wr in spls jaja,,,, JOKES. glad all that hard work paid off fam

Meru : u are very efficient, both in chat and in game. tho my lack of activity restricted my interaction w u, im convinced that u r a cool and reliable dude/teammate. i dont think iv ever seen u down or pessimistic at any point of the season, and that positive mental attitude sure did its best in an upstream battle vs cancervictory and aidsjan

Hikari : my niigga. i aint even mad u banned me fam. i aint even mad that u are always fashionably late. i aint even mad that wev been 2 time spl mates/winners and have hardly interacted. my nigga just came thru dick swingin in the final game of spl and pulled some mike jizzle buzzer beater shit. im a fan. next season when ur considering ur spl teams, dont mind if i ask WHERE U GOIN BOI

Cased : between letting us know that he made a girl wet the bed and being pessimistic about every situation where we are even remotely disadvantaged, case was mostly tolerable. also one of the most active and enthusiastic players on the team, and can bring up team morale/atmosphere with ease whenever ur not being cancerous. still cant believe THE ONLY 2 WINS UV GOTTEN IN UR CAREER are with monotype nigga go play monotype then
shoutout to daddy bongirne for the welcoming stay

TheFourthChaser : again due to my lack of activity, i missed out on interacting with you. but from what iv seen, like most other doubles/vgc players id come across in team tours, you just show and do ur thing, and most of the time it is clinch a key W. then again maybe some silence is good, to counteract the spamming and cluster created by the filth that are case n jan

The_Chaser : third time spl buddy and former manager of mine, and two time winner w me. tho u r not a big name in rby, nor make a scene about any games u play, ur weekly contribution to the W pool is silent but profound. it is also nice to hear about ur plans to study abroad all the time in chat cuz I CLEARLY ASKED. jk fam enjoyed all the spls w u and sick that we keep our trophies

Golden Sun : also missed out on interacting w u cuz wer both seldom on, let alone at the same time. but from what iv heard/seen u are one of the adv goats, and u def deserve the spotlight for being so consistent over so many spls like clockwork. this dude is a monster

GOD MARTH : MY NIGGA DEAN FLEXXMASTER 420. this man has swagger and balls like a liepard holding 2 iron balls. this man has the foresight and plays like shakespeare using the move foresight. this man is the pinnacle of bw jesusdom ONLY IF HE STOPS USING THE SAME FUCKING AMoong TEAM W A DIFF GROUND TYEPA DN A FILLER MON JESUS FUSKCK. this man unabashedly brought the same shit hes know for using every single week without fail, and still only a few have been able to c/t or outplay him. think amoong is broken? wait til u see this man start to use an actually decent mon, like kyub or volc

Kevin Garrett : almost like the 3rd el capitan with ur immense knowledge and wisdom. u are always helping players like mdrag n conflict are but unlike those foreignfags u have the reference database to hold a conversation with 'murcan teammates. uv been a great teammate and a pillar to the teams older gen success, this trophy reflects the work u put in and ur value as a team player

Frizy : fam.

Alastor Law : uv been very helpful w ou, helping test, build, rate etc, and when u got to play u absolutely crushed. maybe we couldv put u into rotation earlier, cuz our ou players are honestly all just that good. hope u get to shine as a starter in future spls or wcops, and even solo tours. got my eyes on u - drizzy

gene : thnx for the clutch wins in early season! flex.

Smurf. : my mans smurf. u are a combination of the captains and the talkative jokesters in taht u held the team together in leisure and in competition. great wins and innovative teams, u made the most out of the immense knowledgebase we had on the team and played to ur own strengths which is very impressive. great season big dawg

special shoutout to my niggas blunder aim CrashinBoomBang mencemeat cosine180 and co for keeping me in the game
in particular blunder's final game is a showing deserving of "best ou player 2016" award, fly high little protege ;'} fuck a trophy we gettin youtube money flexx
also special shoutout to Ojama, iv heard great things from blunder and it is impressive waht you did with your team this season. you took my spot from last season and did better pre-playoffs. soon ull get that 3rd trophy tho, def one of the greats deserving of 3
in addition CrashinBoomBang and myself are the 2 worst ou players currently in the game just wanted everyone to know that
#STUNTORDIE
#jOelST

Last edited:

Ragnarock

Banned deucer.
It was a very emotional season. It's hard to swallow down losing two SPL finals in a row, especially when the last game was lost due to unfortunate events such as freezes and not having the best match-up. However, that is not something I can control nor to blame anyone for. Despite losing, it was an honor to continue to play in SPL vs the best players in the world. Not everyone will experience what my team and I has gone through, and maybe never will. Honestly I thought my team was the best I have ever seen, being around amazing players and friends and seeing us achieve through great heights. Team tours really do impact you more than individual ones. This might be a long post because I truely feel each shout-out I give here shows that you meant a great deal to me and I'm very happy that you were part of my journey to yet again, Smogon Premier League Finals.

-Tsunami-: Something that I've always admired about you was your ability to see things and committing to action without the regret of someones feelings. A talent that surpasses any barrier from your decision making and doing what is best for the team. It's a shame seeing you say that you are done with team tours, however even with all of the bullshit you get from people, you still manage to prove to them that you can still make it to SPL finals without even hinting at them. All I can say is that I'm sorry that we couldn't win for your 3rd SPL finals trophy. Hope you can stick around for 1 more WCoP season if possible. Stay up my fren.

KratosMana: "I'm fat." Dash. There were times when we had a couple of disagreements, however I know you were just doing what is best for the team as was shake. I think you will be a great manager next year with this great amount of experience you had the past 2 years in SPL. All I can say is that hope you can ungrey your trophy again. Thank you for noticing how hard I worked for the team. Hope you can play WCoP this year as well.

blunder: Damn dude, like 2 years ago I was just a fan watching your Youtube videos. Never in my life would I ever consider being your SPL teammate in a million years. It was an honor playing with one of the best ORAS OU players that smogon has seen till this day. A lot of players look up to you and for good reason. I hope I did enough for you in terms of preparation for your games even though I can be a bit annoying being on your ass about checking certain things. It's a fuckin shame seeing you out-perform reiku and not getting a trophy in the end. Maybe WCoP will be different for you this time around. It was a lot of fun bro, hope we actually fight in an official tour someday. A game I'm sure will be a great one.

IAmGingy: Lmao ever in my life would I have ever thought I'd be teammates with the man I said "suck this dick boy" too. But man, even after all of that, we were still cool at the time and managed to make to get this far in SPL. I think you're an intelligent builder, yet I know you can work better in terms of plays. You have potential my man, hope you can actually beat me in WCoP this time. ;] Cheers mate.

Calloflochie: I still fuckin think you're gay by posting dick pics in discord to other dudes, but ignoring that and also you being gone for a while from smogon, you did really well in terms of preparation in UU and playing your games phenomenally. It's a damn shame that you got johned and had to leave for class and couldn't play a very important game. You can be a pain in the ass at times, yet I always had trust in you when you play. Hope you do well in your class and have a good OST run.

New Breed: Ka$h Money Fuckin Kev... You were a really cool dude on discord and the way you play RU just boosted my respect for you highly. Another player wanting to retire with a trophy but didn't, but I hope that you enjoyed yourself on the team. It was a pleasure being your teammate, and maybe someday I'll make a powerful Durant ORAS OU team and win OST with it. I had a blast with you my man, take care of yourself in whatever it is that you'll do.

soulgazer: I would not be here right now if it wasn't for you. Regardless of what happened in your game with Cased, you were one of the best NU players I've seen in the tour, possibly the world. Don't beat yourself up so much. We had our talk via PM, so just remember that very few people will ever get the chance to experience playing in SPL Finals. I would be proud to put you in that position again and trust you to use your best judgement. See you in WCoP bud and thank you for trusting me enough to buy me.

Heysup: You were a funny dude my man. LC looked like a hard tier to play for me, but watching you play seemed like it was way too easy for you. I respect you highly with your kind of playstyle. Hope we can be teammates again bro.

Memoric: You were one of the best midseason buys ever. Idk who else when 4-0 after getting picked up midseason, but your run was fucking flawless. Shame that like blunder, winning your finals game wasn't enough for a trophy, but just know that next year you will have a 100% chance to achieve at least a 9-0. Hope this doesn't bring you down too much, I loved your attitude in the discord chat and your ability to outplay vs the best of the best in doubles. Best of luck to you brother.

Evuelf: Very powerful french player. The first time I've noticed you was when you defeated me in a BW2 smogtour long ago. Seeing you start for us in BW2 actually made me happy cuz I know how capable you were as a player. We didn't talk much, but it was still awesome being a teammate of yours. Best of luck in the future my man.

panamaxis: An old legend and a relic. You remind me of august when i was teammates with him last year. I love seeing old school creative DPP players still performing well in team tours. I can see why so many people look up to you as a player and a person. I can only stay admirable about you. Hope someday I will reach the same level as you in the DPP metagame. Hope to see you again in WCoP brother.

Ojama: If you want my honest truth, I think you were a great leader for our team. You always pushed us, well at least me anyway, to stay focus on our games and taught us more on taking risks. This was a great skill to learn from you, as playing safe will only get you into trouble and you've proven that to be correct time after time. Learning more about this skill helped me overcome CTC in OST, which I can only thank you for. I really really hope I can be a teammate of yours again and I'm glad that you saw some potential in me. Continue to be the amazing kingpin that you are my brother.

Aeroblacktyl (MoP): Will you ever read this? I don't know. Just want to say, you saying that I was one of the best teammates you can ask for in your shoutouts touched me. It feels nice having a respected legend giving respect for yoru hard work. Don't want to get too mushy, but it is always amazing seeing you help teammates and constructing ideas that even I can't even think up of. Maybe over the summer when your job settles down or something, you can play for Asia again. Was a pleasure bro, I know you will continue to do well in the future in whatever it is that you do.

giara: You were kind of unlucky this season, which is fine. You are very very knowledgeable about little things that I didn't even notice and played really well in the GSC games. Hope WCoP will have some better luck for you my friend.

Agammemnon: Sorry you couldn't start in finals my man, please don't take it personally. I thought you were strong in RBY, seemed very knowledge and defeated great players like Tiba which I thought was admirable. Keep your head up, hope WCoP will turn out to be a better experience for you

Ice Tea: Old PO friend of mine. Honestly I didn't even know you were helping Cam with his teams during the season. It made me happy seeing a friend of mine getting recognized and bought. Wished you won in that game vs Omfuga tho, tough luck. Hope you get in WCoP bro.

Arcticblast: Teammates with you two years in a row, and still nothing for us? We're both unlucky as fuck LMAO. Sorry that you couldn't play more after getting memoric. You're still a great doubles player. Hope we see each other again.

daftmau5: I still consider you part of the team even if shake traded you. I was honored when you used my team vs Ender and even got a chance to showoff my cool innovation sets. Your attitude after getting traded was admirable, something that I think I wouldn't stay calm for. WCoP will look better for you bro, assuming you're still playing. n_n

I want to thank the following people for your assistants and support of the classiest team being FLCL, TDK, Evan., atomicllamas, Tesung, GeeMick, teal6, dodmen, and even FAJI. It is always nice to have friends and other strong players willing to offer help. To the others that wanted to help the classiest but we rejected, please don't take it personally, we are still happy that you supported us every step of the way. I hope you understand.

I don't want to write a paragraph for everyone, but if you are one this list, you were either an amazing helper individually for me or just a friend that stayed with me until the end. I can't give you all any more respect than you know I already give you. You are the reason why I play this game and continue to play it despite me saying "I want to quit" time after time. Thank you for being my motivation, you all rock.

-Snow ABR aim AM ben gay cosine180 Cronenberg Draciel RC Emvee Finchinator Flume iplaytennislol Omfuga PDC Prankster Stathakis Steve Angello MetalGro$$ Tokyo Tom Toxzn Mr.378 theurbandear WhiteQueen Void xtra$hine

Another congratulations to the sharks, especially to blarajan (Asia is gonna be fun), Meru (old teammate, happy for you), Cased, and Tim (Steve Angello). Honestly your entire team deserved the trophy more. Was still a pleasure playing you all.

Big thank you to Zebraiken for hosting the tour so smoothly. Maybe I'll return to try to win in my 3rd SPL.

If this SPL taught me anything, it's the ability to fight away fears and blocking out haters that consistently derail you. I'm not going to post any "shit outs" as I think those are kind of pathetic and lame. As someone once said, haters will broadcast your failures, but whisper your success. I will give a shoutout to my haters for your consistent talk about me. Maybe someday you will make SPL finals twice like me, I'm glad that I give you motivation to talk about me more than I talk about you. If that makes you upset, I can only feel sorry for you. As blunder once told me, haters are only jealous admirers. Keep hatin'. :]

Ok I lied, I'll do one "shit-out." Shoutouts to Mizuhime for saying "I'm just a meme" just the other day. Kind of ironic considering that the past 3 team tours you've participated ended being in last place or close to last, while I managed to make playoffs 3 times in a row, 2 of which were in finals. What does that really say about me compared to you? Maybe you should look at things a bit different, if not that is fine. I'm happy you told me this, as I'll only continue to do me and aim for a trophy I know I'll confidently receive. I appreciate you motivating me.

In conclusion, I will miss you all Classiests, I wished we can all be teammates again for next years SPL and continue to dominate. Can't wait for WCoP. Again, congrats to the sharks, always a pleasure to play vs strong opponents.

#ZamrockinSPL #PlayaLikeMe #Brotha...

Last edited:

Mizuhime

Did I mistake you for a sign from God?
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
players who try to shit talk in battles they're getting fucking slapped in are generally memes yes

edit: that's not to say I don't have respect for you though, from everything I hear from your teammates you're a person with finch level tryhardery. Something a lazy fuck builder like me can respect. I just think your actions in some battles are questionable and very funny

Last edited:

august

you’re a voice that never sings
is a Community Leaderis a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Smogon Classic Winnerwon the 5th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
OGC Leader
good to see my old team take the title. grats esp to makiri and conflict, the only 2 names i see from the spl 4 rosters. mdragon just makin the trophy collection bigger ha ha ha

I'm in the first group of players with 3 SPL wins.
2nd trophy I clutch
4-0 in SPL finals
7-1 in playoff (shoutouts double crit late game)

But I'm sure some people that have won literally nothing will keep claiming I'm overrated n_n

Halfway through this season I realized I didn't actually give a shit about winning or losing most of my games and I half assed a bunch of them, which is pretty fucking bad in a team tour like this. There are so many people hungry for SPL wins trying to get into the tour and I'm hogging a slot without giving a shit, and I don't like that. So yeah, I decided this was my last SPL run; I'll be here next year as a cheerleader or smth. I'm happy with the way I ended my SPL career: Last game of the season with a 6-5 score and it ended up being one of my most dominant wins in this tour.

Sorry team for not giving my 100% during the regular season, for not playing a single test game and for not making my teams till last second. At least I definitely brought my A game in playoff and got THE most important win of the season.

Now about my finals game. Where were you guys when soulgazer was blatantly johning Cased in smogtours for two days straight? and that was while he actively engaged in the chat for hours, mind you. I was online at the time picked by Calloflochie himself (I wanted to play an hour later) and you guys decided to tell me about his classes a couple hours before the scheduled time when I had already made plans. Despite that, the only ones wanting to pull sketchy shit were you, trying to get me subbed out, going behind my team's back and bullshitting the TDs. Only thing I told the TDs (Zeb specifically) was that I just wanted to play, that I didn't need any bullshit to win my game and that I didn't mind waiting for Flochie, who btw was reading this thread minutes after I beat Zamrock. The Zamrock sub is all on you.

I have played 5 SPLs and this is the first time I have actually shittalked during my game; feel free to check every single one of my replays or logs. Not only some members of your team were "unbearable" during some games (like spamming kingpin every time you dodged a move vs Golden Sun, this isn't really a big deal tho), some of you were complete cunts in the Cased vs Soulgazer situation and you tried to get me subbed out in fucking finals, despite the fact I was online at the time your own player picked. And after all that shit Zamrock decides to drop a "where you going boy" after making a suboptimal play, which gave me a free kill in exchange of losing a Pokemon that couldn't kill Crobat / Mienshao / Sucker Punch Absol, in a game where he took 2 minutes to make the most obvious plays every turn (spoopy!). You want good sportsmanship? then start showing some, because I really don't mind being a cunt towards other cunts, especially when I know I have won my game 30 turns before my opp realizes it.

ngl tho, I find slightly amusing that you complain about poor sportsmanship two lines after telling Meru he's a ghosting slot. Another excellent exhibition of hypocrisy by the kingpin himself. I'm definitely a piece of shit, however you aren't any better, but feel free to keep riding that high horse boy.

I actually like most of the classiest, which is something I have been saying the entire season and I was clearly rooting for you in semis, but fuck the few of you who whined and keep whining, and the ones that tried to pull sketchy shit. I just wanted to play my game and fuck off from this tour, but they decided to be shits and that annoyed me.

Last thing about my game: Freeze didn't matter at all. Only thing the freeze did was stop Florges from hitting Entei with Moonblast once or twice, which mattered fuck all because Entei only took a hit during the game and that was because I wanted to speed up the winning process, and Milotic gave 0 fucks about Florges. If you want to complain about hax, complain about the body slam para that put Swampert in Entei's 2HKO range and automatically gave me the win; I could have gotten at that point later on, but that saved me a couple turns / predictions.

Short shoutouts time
makiri: Best SPL manager by far, I've been a fan since SPL 2. Happy you listened to blarajuan and decided to retain me. Sry for not performing at my best, but I delivered when it mattered the most and helped meru!

M Dragon: Mariano we did it! It took us two years but you, Cased, Blarajan and I managed to win SPL together. You put an insane amount of work every week and you are one of the biggest reasons we won. Sry for not giving you a lot to work with every week, but that's just how I roll D:. I made the right call tho: http://puu.sh/o684N/61a810b4b3.png

reiku and Steve Angello

ayy lmao

Both of you are cool as shit and solid players, glad you got your first trophy. Steve's finals win was as hilarious as Cased's, I still can't believe you managed to win that ass matchup, and Reik's game vs Blunder was fantastic.

Meru: Saw tons of potential in you last year and that's why I told these niggas to buy you. Glad you delivered and made a bunch of shitheads look like fools. Your first game was probably the worst game you have played in your life, shit had me worried for like 2 weeks.

Cased: Only person to half ass it more than I did, smh. You broke your playoff curse, you got your trophy and you schooled soulgazer with 6 ice types in finals, so who gives a shit about your record. spl 5 cryos forever

blarajan: You went from bitching and whining to prevent cryos from buying me SPL midseason to tell makiri to retain me this year, ja. Love u blarajuan. Happy you got in your zone after a semi rough start

TheFourthChaser: I don't fucking know what's going on in doubles most of the time, but you kept getting wins and that was enough for me. I'm sure Stratos appreciates your new trophy

GOD MARTH: Your record doesn't represent how good you actually are, you got bw'd and sugarhigh'd a couple times, but who cares. Liking MMA and practicing bjj makes you the coolest person in the team by default

Smurf.: Dude your teams are the weirdest shit I have seen and yet they work perfectly during your games. Massive balls and lots of skills.

Golden Sun: Fucking amazing player. Can't believe you lost that finals game.

Conflict: I consider planning for the next 20-30 turns "long term planning", and you fucking think shit like 80 turns ahead of your opponent. Unreal. Probably the best GSC player on this site, fuck mariano. You were a great teammate, especially when you told off cased for wanting to use that moronic monotype teams in finals (how the fuck did he win, help), and helped a ton in almost every tier, tho your lack of lower tier knowledge showed at time, but it wasn't as bad as Cased complained about

The_Chaser:

Guess you did step it up. 3 SPL in the same team with you, won all three; the core is real. Fuck anna

CTC: young dank jesus coming straight outta nazareth. I have watched that video way too many times. Your activity is the most inconsistent shit I have seen, but every time you showed up in the chat you helped our OU player, which was definitely great for us. Never change

Alastor Law: You had a couple of important wins and contributed to the team a lot. Who cares about you having a cased levels choke in one match, that happens to everyone at some point

Kevin Garrett: Second team tour we win together, but you probably don't remember the first! You were pretty much the only non-official shark helping us and somehow certain people actually believe you were bought midseason as a ghosting slot, lol.

Frizy and gene: Didn't interact much with you guys, but you stepped in when you were needed and Gene beating Tesung in UU with a random team someone gave him was hilarious

Zebraiken: Gracias Sr. Zebra

@"New" UU players: You all played well, specially teal6. Cool shit, hopefully you are back next year.

kokoloko: just tagging to annoy you

pce

panamaxis

how many seconds in eternity?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I guess I'll start at the start. After seeing auction results and reading a PM where I was told I was expected to play ADV, I was pretty annoyed that my signup post was ignored and figured this would end up being another terrible SPL season (every non-sharks team I've been on has been pretty lame, so I didn't have high expectations). But my perception changed after we got into the season because you guys are all really cool people (not just players, but people), so it all worked out in the end, and I enjoyed my time on the team.

While I enjoyed hanging out with you guys throughout the season, it's become pretty clear to me that I don't enjoy building and preparing for opponents like I used to in the past (well, maybe I never enjoyed building, but it's worse now). When I was actually playing the games itself it was fun (more so DPP and NU than AIDS ADV though), but it really felt like a chore to have to build a team every week to play, especially in tiers like DPP and ADV where it's hard(er) to be creative and successful. I'm not gonna do full shoutouts, but I just wanna specifically mention the two people who gave me the most help throughout the season.

I wanna say thanks to Ojama for all the help and advice you gave me throughout the season, especially in the first half where i was trying to learn how to play ADV competently. I think you're probably the best current player (even if you have an unhealthy relationship with swampert) and you really were the head of our team, leading us to victory pretty much every week. You're also, from what I understand, pretty much the sole reason I didn't end up on sharks, so makiri feel free to direct your disappointment towards this guy. Like I said, though, it was a good team so thanks for convincing them to buy me. It was good we finally got to be on a team together.

The other person I want to mention is Aeroblacktyl. It seems pointless to tag you, but I know you'll read this as an unregistered user anyway. If Ojama was the head of the team, you were probably the backbone. You were always pitching in to give me advice and thoughts for DPP, which was great, even if I didn't use a lot of them (although Kingdra > Jolteon on my team vs Go10 turned out to be a great suggestion). I also wouldn't have thought about using Ebelt hippo without you going on about CB hippowdon all season, so you can have credit for that one too. But yeah, not only did you find time to pitch in and give me some advice, but you also seemed to help pretty much everyone else wherever you can. I guess you're just a nerd like that. I enjoyed the latter half of the season more than the first half, which probably has a lot to do with us getting you.

Everyone else on the team: you guys are really easy to get along with and are great people. I enjoyed talking to you guys (some more than others, but that's the curse of living in an Australian timezone, I suppose). Wait that came out wrong. I got to talk to some more than others, I mean. I think we all got along really well, and shake and anti drafted a great team, so well done guys. You should all be proud of how we did this season despite not coming through in the end. I just want to echo MoP's post a little in saying to not take it all too seriously. We had a good run and no one should beat themselves up about us not getting there in the end. We win as a team and we lose as a team.

Philip7086 I'm sorry we couldn't get you at midseason. I really did try. Prioritising MoP was definitely the right choice, but it's just a shame that FLCL decided to buy you after having a team with august and porengan already on it (wtf?). Ice Tea and Memoric turned out to be great choices, though, so I suppose it all worked out in the end.

daftmau5 I'm sorry you died for our sins. You're a good guy and deserved better. I hope the rest of your season on cryos was enjoyable.

makiri Anti-shoutout for not buying me, but props for bidding as high as you did, which was really overpriced. Congrats on leading another successful sharks team to victory, although I imagine Conflict and M Dragon probably did a lot of the heavy lifting.

Once more, congrats to all the sharks, especially the ones I know well. If we couldn't do it, I'm happy it was you guys who won. To answer your post, MoP, yes, I will be joining you in retirement. Smurf. glad my last match got to be vs a friend. Hope you enjoyed it as much as I did. Good luck to OCN in WCOP and thanks for the memories.

M Dragon

The north wind
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 17 Championis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Championis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender

After losing in Semifinals of SPL3 and in Finals of SPL5, I have finally managed to win SPL! :) First of all I would like to thank my team, you are an amazing team and everybody of you deserves this SPL win and this trophy.
Shoutouts:

makiri. First of all: thank you for choosing me as the assman of this incredible team. We had already shared SPL team twice (SPL 1 and 6), and we were not lucky enough to get POs in those seasons (I still remember how in SPL 1 we only needed 1 more win to get POs after an incredible comeback from 0-4 to 4-4, and then I lost to a CBMence CH and you lost your RBY game because your Tauros decided to miss Body Slam). However in this season we managed to make a very solid team that has managed to win SPL. You are the best SPL manager without any doubt. It is not a coincidence that you are the manager of the only team that has won SPL more than once (3 times!). Amazing VGC and Doubles player as well, the only metagame SPL metagame I didnt really play before SPL (although I had some teams xD).

reiku. Well, what can I say about you... You are in my opinion the best ORAS OU player atm, despite losing to Blunder in finals, in one of the best ORAS games I remember, decided in the end by a 50/50. Your record between SPL and WCop is amazing, and you have battled and defeated great players with ease: TDK, Cosine, Masterclass, Tesung, xray... When the team was in trouble, we knew we could always count with you. Very well deserved trophy (finally) for you bro. It is fun to see how the best ORAS OU players this season were ranked so low in the rankings (except ABR, but that is only because he played and did well in OLT)

Alastor Law. When we were discussing our last bids in auction, I had very clear that I wanted you in the team. You are a very good team mate and a p good team builder (stop building Serperior weak teams tho lol!). When you played you won 2 very important games, especially that week 8 game. You are also very solid in BW and DPP and you have been a big help testing and giving team ideas. Reiku, you and I worked very well together! You probably deserved to play a bit more. We won SPL. Now it is time to win HPL!

Steve Angello. You have the potential to be one of the best OU players in this site. You are a good team builder (as CTC said some of your first drafts are not very good tho, but they develop into really cool teams, such as the teams you used in POs), and you are a very good team mate, always trying to help everybody. You played very well (especially in POs) and proofed everyone that your WCop run was not a coincidence. You made some mistakes in the first weeks, but when the team needed you in POs, you played like best Steve Angello to get 2 really important wins. Gl in future tourneys! However if we battle in WCop or Classic ure ded tho.

CTC. The based lord! You have been a huge part of our success in the shadows, especially in POs, helping to prepare both Tim and David for their OU games. One of the best team builders I have ever seen, some of your teams are really cool! You have also been a big part in my 2 trophies. You have also won SPL 3 times and WCop twice. Those are impressive numbers, and your team building skills were a huge factor in all those wins. I still remember when you destroyed Conflict with Specs Salamence last year in SPL.

Hikari. As Alastor said in his shoutouts, I think you are the GOAT in gen 6 UU, and not only that, you were also a big help in RU when team building, which was one of our weakness in the first weeks. I knew you were winning the deciding game. We already shared team 2 years ago, when we sadly lost in finals to Sharks after dominating all the season. This time we managed to win SPL together. 3 SPL finals in a row, and 3 SPL wins. That is amazing. Amazing player. Where you going boy?

Meru. I am not gonna lie. You started the season p badly, to the point Makiri and I considered getting another RU player. However, something changed in week 4 with that amazing bird stall team we built, and you suddenly became a monster that ended with the best RU record defeating nearly everybody including big RU names. I know you had very little spare time to team build, but you still managed to build some incredible RU teams. Scarf Hitmonlee FTW.

Cased. So this is the second time we are in the same team! In the first time you had a great record in the regular season, but you lost the NU game vs Malekith in the finals when we were 5-5. This time it has been the opposite. Your regular season was awful, but you won your most important game. And not only that. You won your most important game vs SG, who was the player with the best NU record. And you won with mono ice. That game is already legendary. You were also a good team mate, playing a ton of GSC games vs Conflict, freeing me a bit, so I could spend more time with the other tiers.

blarajan. The 3rd season in a row we share SPL team. You didn't start well, and you were a bit out of shape in the first weeks. However you started to dominate LC again and ended with an amazing record. We have played a ton of LC games, and it has been p fun. I would also like to give Sken a shoutout for giving me some amazing LC teams to use vs Blara in tests. The teams you used in both PO games were amazing. But not only that, you were one of the most active players in the chat, trying to help everybody. Well deserved trophy LC god Blara!

TheFourthChaser. Lol 3k what a steal. I could't believe you only costed 3k. A dominating doubles player that ended with a very good record with some impressive wins being only 3k (good thing you had a bad year after your amazing 2014 I guess). Playing doubles with you is always nice. Fk your Quick Guard Volca tho :/

GOD MARTH. One of the best BW players. He uses a similar structure in a lot of his teams, but he still manages to overcome some bad matchups and win games that looked nearly impossible to win. You have been unlucky this season, but you still managed to win some very important games. Some of the teams you have built were also amazing (I really love the semifinals rain team for example). We have also played a ton of games, while trying to find the variation that worked the best vs different kind of teams. Its nice to share team again after that POCL win.

Kevin Garrett. The master zen KG. I owe you too much, because you helped me a lot when I won tour, and in SPL you helped us since the start, helping everybody and giving good advices. Your understanding of the game is incredible, and you have been a huge factor in our win. When we got you in midseason I had to take a very difficult decision: who would DPP. In the end I took the decision I think that was better for the team: alternating Smurf and you, and you 2 did very well together. Your win vs PDC in semifinals was key (nice team btw)

Smurf. I must admit I did not expect you to perform as well as you did. You were a great team mate, you were a big help in old gens, and most of your teams are very creative and very fun to use. I love that BW LO Vap team idea xD. It is a shame that you want to quit mons now, you should keep playing! Too bad your game vs Pana ended with a CH, that was an amazing game. A very underrated player. I also had fan battling you in ADV and DPP! I cannot forget your win vs VIL. It was a very well played game.

Golden Sun. An ADV monster. It's a shame that luck stopped you from having a nearly perfect ADV record (HPump miss costing you 2 games :/ fk HPump). You have some very cool ideas and it has been very fun working with you. You have used some interesting strats this season with success, and you have managed to change your typical bulky offense style to surprise players like Jabba and being more unpredictable in general. Very few players can defeat you in ADV when you are at your best level.

Conflict. Retaining you costed 22k, but you are worth of it. You have helped testing and building in every tier, and you finished with the best record of the team. One of the best GSC players to ever play the game, and very creative as well. It has been fun building with you, although some of your ideas were a bit crazy xD. The only thing I regret is not being able to help you preparing much in week 7 vs Colchonero, which was probably your worst game this season. You are the original shark, 3 times SPL winner, and every season with a very good record. Definitely the best possible retain we could make. We 2 make a solid GSC combo! However if we face again in GSC (Wcop or Classic) the same thing than in last Wcop tie breaker will happen :p

The_Chaser. Some people doubted you. They even ranked you #9 in RBY lol!, but this season we saw again a bit of that RBY God that completely dominated SPL 2 with a 10-1 record. Building RBY teams and playing vs you has been fun (that rhydon para team, the double normal reflect team, etc). Your finals games vs MoP were amazing, especially game 2 where you completely dominated with Reflect Amnesia Lax. You are the other player of the team that has won SPL 3 times.

gene. Old gens master gene. He did not even know that the fairy type existed and defeated user Tesung in ORAS UU, a metagame he had never played. What a monster. It is a shame you did not played more, because you are an amazing player in old gens. I still remember when in a ROA tournament you defeated with ease everybody in GSC but me and noob Floppy. Your win vs Boudouche was also very important to get our first win this season. You played that game really well. He also won SPL twice!

Frizy. You have helped the ocn squad testing and you were there when we needed a sub. I would have prefered that you had been more active though.

Finally, I would like to congratulate Classiest for their amazing run, especially old players such as panamaxis , Heysup (old SPL mate), Ojama and also new players that have done a really good job, such as blunder and Evuelf.

Random shoutout to Astamatitos as well because why not

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)