Smogon Premier League X - Semi-Finals

Status
Not open for further replies.
And just like teal6 predicted, in classic SPL fashion, we have ourselves a tiebreak in the semifinals. The loser will be sent home and experience the same feelings of dejection the Raiders have felt since Week 1. The winner, meanwhile, will earn the right to play what is perhaps the greatest lineup ever assembled. Of course, it should be mentioned that the last time a team won 11-1 in the semifinals, they were surgically dismantled by the goat franchise in the best tour of all time, SPL 5. Now then, on to the predictions.

Also, how tf did we manage to get a Ruiners tiebreak without Lavos playing GSC???

Alpha Ruiners (1) vs Indie Scooters (2)

SM OU: lax vs craing ;_; | I honestly can't believe ben gay is really going to play the tiebreak. This is the same man who flaked his Snake Finals game...When his team needed him the most this tour, however, he managed to pick up a key win vs. sorry in convincing fashion and keep the Scooters' dreams alive. His competition this time will be a bit tougher, going up against resident NU main lax in a US West showdown. Lax is a solid enough player to win this game, but it would be disrespectful to not take ben gay's side here. He seemingly always manages to finesse into a matchup advantage, and I think he can pull that off again.
SM DOU: Croven vs miltankmilk | I don't really know that much about Doubles, so I'm just going to go off the sheet. Croven's had a much better season, the Ruiners had the confidence to pick this tier in a tiebreak, and he won this exact matchup a few days ago.
BW OU: Lavos vs Ojama | How in the world did we end up with Lavos vs. Ojama in BW for this tiebreak LMAO HOW WTF Lavos GSC is like one of the biggest edges anyone has in the entire tournament. Ojama really didn't pick ADV either my lord. Well, nothing can be done now I suppose. It's hard to pick anyone to beat the Kingpin in BW OU; he and SoulWind are still pretty clearly the best BWers to me. Lavos is a fellow Smogon Classic winner and has been tearing up this SPL, so he obviously has the capability to win this matchup. The last time I remember Lavos BWing in SPL, he brought the following team in the Semifinals:

Perhaps more cheese awaits us in the matchup. Nonetheless, the Scooters should bring this home.

TDK

is a Community Leaderis a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
UU Leader

dekzeh: they only put qsns in cause of my lousy activity last week so they wanted to force a double sub
dekzeh: admit it
get backer: i think it's more nefarious
get backer: the original plan
dekzeh: undis was ghosting right
dekzeh: that's the other option
get backer: i think that was indeed the plan
dekzeh: but dude
dekzeh: I'm like
dekzeh: 231923210-2 all time against undis even tho he's still one of the best advers
get backer: but i talked to the managers and they got a lil scared

s/o ict for the translation

I want Tournament Directors involved on team Ruiners that neglected to uphold the integrity of the tournament to step down from their current position.
I want appropriate punishments for any leader on Team Ruiners found to have been supporting this idea in their Discord server.
I want undisputed to be tournament banned.
I want qsns to be infracted or tournament banned for neglecting to uphold the integrity of the tournament .
I want the game between qsns and dekzeh to be nullified.
I want Tournament Directors not on Team Ruiners to handle this situation as seriously as it should be; as there are severe indications of wrongdoing.

Luigi

is a Tournament Directoris a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris the Smogon Tour Season 27 Championis a Past SPL Champion
Tour Commissioner
appreciate the isa callback but you're really making it sound like I know more than I do.

I thought it was weird that qsns was starting so I asked my managers if it was as fishy as it seemed. They denied it, but I told them how bad of an idea it would be if it were hypothetically true. A little bit later they subbed qsns out. That's literally the extent of everything I know. If there's any evidence of cheating I haven't seen it, I just thought it was fishy that they were starting qsns and did what a concerned player would do, which is pm your managers about it.

I want Tournament Directors involved on team Ruiners that neglected to uphold the integrity of the tournament to step down from their current position.
I want appropriate punishments for any leader on Team Ruiners found to have been supporting this idea in their Discord server.
I want undisputed to be tournament banned.
I want qsns to be infracted or tournament banned for neglecting to uphold the integrity of the tournament .
I want the game between qsns and dekzeh to be nullified.
I want Tournament Directors not on Team Ruiners to handle this situation as seriously as it should be; as there are severe indications of wrongdoing.
I want two number 9s.
I want a number 9 large.
I want a number 6 with extra dip.
I want a number 7.
I want two number 45s, one with cheese.
I want a large soda.

Sm ou: valentine
Sm ou: sabella
Sm uu: soulgazer
Sm ru: Ultraballz
Sm nu: kushalos
Sm dubs: ezrael
Oras: xray
Bw: flcl
Dpp: sig
Adv: Golden Sun
Gsc: choolio
Rby: Nails

LU Submission
Jsaok3 said:
SHOUTOUT to Stone Cold 22!!! He has received the first #managerblessing!!! If "Jsaok" blesses you, you are destined for great things!! Go back and check history... OMFG Jsaok is a legend, Collect this and him-Jsaok
Deep -Jsaok

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)