Smogon Premier League X - Semi-Finals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the tenth iteration of SPL, SPL X. In this tournament, 10 teams containing the best players on Smogon (except for Mr.E) play against each other and duke it out every week, attempting to gather as many wins as they can to reach playoffs. Some of them will fail, while others will bloom. Whatever the case, the matches will be exciting, so without further ado, here are tournament rules and the matchups!

Reminders:

On Sportsmanship
Note the sportsmanship infraction may be used liberally this SPL, and any unsportsmanlike conduct on the forums, in discord, or in opposing SPL team servers (I won't infract for you being a dick in your own SPL team server unless the situation is so extreme I feel I absolutely have to make an exception (consider basically any masterclass interaction ever)), will be grounds for an infraction. We encourage you to play semi-aggressively, but don't be a Masterclass.

~ Aldaron

On Scheduling Matches
I'm sure plenty of you have come across activity drama while scheduling matches. I'm here to reduce the arbitrary element associated with some of these decisions. It is entirely your decision to adhere to these STRONG RECOMMENDATIONS, but note that if you choose not to, I'll most likely ignore any pleading from your end.

YOU MUST ACTIVATE YOUR VM WALL IF YOU WISH TO PLAY IN THIS TOURNAMENT. THIS IS HOW ALL OFFICIAL SCHEDULING WILL BE HANDLED.

Once that week's thread is posted, you have up to 48 hours to contact your opponent ON HIS VM WALL
and mention your timezone and exactly what dates, what time ranges you are available, and where you will battle. Note that the default accepted sim and server is the official server on Showdown/Smogon Tournament Server. You must provide at least 3 different time ranges at least 48 hours from the timestamp of your message, with at least 2 that are 24-hours apart from each other. The minimum and maximum length for 1 time range is 30 minutes, and the minimum difference between the 3 required time ranges is 3 hours. If you give 3 time ranges that stick with this policy, you can give any additional time ranges at any time you please.

NOTE THAT THIS SCENARIO INVOLVES RESPONSE DYNAMICS; THERE IS SOMEONE WHO WILL CONTACT FIRST AND SOMEONE WHO RESPOND...THESE REQUIREMENTS ARE NOT FOR BOTH OF YOU TO ASSUME TO YOU CAN BE FIRST CONTACTS...WHOEVER CONTACTS FIRST IS THE FIRST, AND THE OTHER DEFAULTS TO THE RESPONDER. THIS SHOULD BE OBVIOUS BUT SOME OF YOU ARE DUMB.

Once your opponent has contacted you, you now have up until 72 hours after the week's thread has been posted (NOT after your opponent's message) to respond with times that are good for you. What this means is that if both of you spend the maximum time contacting and responding, you should have back and forth collaboration at a maximum of 72 hours after the round has been posted, with both parties given an additional 24 hours to prepare for the battle should it be scheduled as soon as required. If none of the opponent's proposed time ranges are good for you, you must respond with alternative time ranges.

The first opponent now has X hours to prepare for the battle (if the second opponent agreed to some time) or 24 hours to contact a TD if, for whatever reason, this second set of time ranges does not suit the first opponent. Note this should be an absolute last measure.

Once a time is agreed upon, please make a message on your opponent's VM wall between 10 minutes and 1 second before the agreed upon time and say you are ready to battle and then get to agreed upon location (regardless of whether or not your opponent sends you a response VM). Please protect yourself by making this message, as it makes decisions much easier. You will be required to wait for your opponent for the duration of the time range.

If neither of you contact each other before 48 hours after the thread has been posted, you're both opening yourself up to a potential no contest or substitution. If I look at the situation, I might just determine I'm going to no contest, or whatever based on however I'm feeling at that moment. Don't leave yourself and your team vulnerable to this.

Just because at anytime one of the responders does not respond within the given range does not give you automatic activity win credentials. If they don't contact at all on your VM wall up until 48 hours before the end of the round (note, I'm not going to take discord or sim messages as evidence due to how easily they can be doctored...so if you want to protect yourself, stick to the VM messages), then you obviously have activity win justification. You WILL contact your opponent in a timely manner. However, if they do contact you at all after the suggested response time and before 48 hours before the end of the round, you are required to respond before 24 hours before the end of the round with 2 1-hour time ranges at least 1 hour apart before the end of the round. The opponent, since he did not stick to the proposed response schedule, WILL BE REQUIRED TO PLAY AT ONE OF YOUR NEWLY SUGGESTED TIMES, so you have the advantage here. This obviously puts a bit of an emphasis on the last 48 hours of each round (as is standard operating procedure for most of our official team tournaments anyway), so I will try my best to keep the last 48 hours of the round as close to the majority of the weekend for as much of the world as I can.

If you follow all of these guidelines, you will a.) most likely get your match done with minimal issue or b.) protect yourself and your team from an undue no contest or activity decision. Yes, I hate activity decisions in official tournaments. Yes, I will do my best to prevent activity decisions in the playoffs (the qualifying round is fair game however and I will have no problem issuing an activity call here), but don't push your luck.

Here is an example of how following this would work:

Week 1 thread is posted June 7, 2013 at 12:00 AM. Its deadline is June 14, 2013 at 11:59PM. User A and User B are matched up. User A contacts User B on his VM wall on June 7, at 9:00 PM (47 hours after the thread was posted, so ok), and gives 4 time ranges: June 10, from 7:00-7:30 PM (22 hours after the timestamp of his message, which is only ok so long as at minimum 3 of the other proposed time ranges adhere to the requirements), June 11, from 9:00-9:30 PM (48 hours after the timestamp of his message, which is ok), June 12, from 6:00-6:30 PM (69 hours after timestamp of his message, so ok, but only 21 hours after the earliest time range that is 48 hours after the timestamp), and June 12, from 9:00-9:30 PM (72 hours after the timestamp, so ok, and 24 hours after a legal time range and 3 hours after another legal time range). The June 11 and both June 12 time ranges satisfy the requirements, so User A can propose his first June 10 time range as well. User B responds on June 10, at 8:00 PM (23 hours after User A contacted him, so ok), and picks June 11, at 9:00 PM to battle, which is ok because it is 24 hours after his own response.

You'll note I made most of my response ranges multiples of 24 hours, but also included 24 hours. This means I expect you to be able to check Smogon at least once a day. If that is not feasible, you put yourself at risk.

~ Aldaron

On Disconnecting and timing out drama
See here.

Standard Tournament Rules

---

Dragonspiral Tyrants (11) vs Wi-fi Wolfpack (1)

SM OU: Mana vs Kickasser
SM OU: BLUNDER SANTANA vs Charmflash
SM UU: Christo vs Sjneider
SM RU: aim vs Welli0u
SM NU: ict vs Eternally
SM DOU: emforbes vs Human
ORAS OU: Poek vs Santu
BW OU: CTC vs HSA
DPP OU: GaryTheGengar vs DeepBlueC
ADV OU: Gilbert arenas vs UD
GSC OU: sulcata vs Fear
RBY OU: Heroic Troller vs The Idiot Ninja

Alpha Ruiners (6) vs Indie Scooters (6)

SM OU: Hiye vs Cdumas
SM OU: Empo vs FMG
SM UU: Pearl vs robjr
SM RU: passion vs Aeroblacktyl
SM NU: lax vs Realistic Waters
SM DOU: Croven vs miltankmilk
ORAS OU: imsosorrylol vs craing ;_;
BW OU: Rewer vs Lopunny Kicks
DPP OU: Jimmy Turtwig vs Ojama
ADV OU: Hyogafodex vs dekzeh
GSC OU: Lavos vs Century Express
RBY OU: FriendOfMrGolem120 vs MetalGro$$

Tiebreak:

SM OU: lax vs craing ;_;
BW OU: Lavos vs Ojama

Deadline for the tiebreak will be March 22nd, 10:00 PM EST.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alpha Ruiners (5) vs Indie Scooters (7)

ADV OU: qsns vs dekzeh

Genesis7

is a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
Dragonspiral Tyrants (8) vs Wi-fi Wolfpack (4)

BW OU: We Three Kings vs TDK

Alpha Ruiners (2) vs Indie Scooters (10)

teal6

is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
It seems like the entire purpose of my franchise is to derail the BIGs playoff hopes in Week 9. At least we did something right, guys...
I'm proud of all of you for fighting your hardest and maintaining this tournament's integrity. I wish you luck on your future SPL teams. The future is bright for all of you...well, maybe some more than others.

Before we get to the predictions, we must bid farewell to one more team, a crowd favorite in the MAGMA BIGs.

Let's get to the roster.

My good friend ShakeItUp has informed me of the inner workings of the BIGs, so this "eulogy" will be more detailed than usual. First we start off with the retains: the Scanner and the Chef. People mocked the xray retain, but he definitely delivered on his high price tag, racking up 7 wins in ORAS. Kushalos unfortunately had a mediocre SPL, which definitely hurt the BIGs chances given his high preseason expectations; some experts before the tournament even dubbed him as "the best NU player." Nails was another criticized player, who delivered many wins for the BIGs in this weakened player pool and proved he's a force to be reckoned with. Next we move on to Cdickass, whose fiasco with the BIGs turned him from a respected player into a target of hate for the majority of Smogon. He played very bad in his time with BIGs, and after sabotaging them with -4 BD and costing them multiple points, he managed to jump ship to the Scooters. There are many possible explanations for his failure. CBB would lead you to believe Cdumas has always been garbage, while he himself would say it's because he was never given the time to grow. At the end of the day, however, he achieved his goal. He hopped onto a playoff team and ensured that people will not think as highly of him in the near future.

Next we move on to the resident weeb, FLCL. He had a very solid SPL despite some skeptics doubting Dave's decision to spend 17.5k on him for BW. This was made even worse when SoulWind ended up going for 17k. Sabella managed to pull out wins in OU at the most crucial moments, and Ezrael went on an absolute tear to end the season and inch the BIGs closer to the playoffs. soulgazer had a below average SPL for his standards, although he did waste multiple weeks in the thinking gen. GS started off hot and ended cold, but at that price, it's hard to complain...I'm sure the Wolfpack would take 3k Golden Sun over their current situation as well. choolio performed well last year and was, in my opinion, a steal for that small price tag. He was unable to deliver a win this season, though, and the BIGs floundered in GSC the entire season. They realistically should have finished 0-9 in the tier, but the Ice Beamer gave John one last headache before the tour was over. Val, UB, and Sig all performed decently enough to help the BIGs rack up some wins.

Outside of Cdumas, the primary problems for the BIGs arose with the acquisitions of Sage + Snake Hero KW for a combined price of 21k. These two amassed two wins in 10 games for the BIGs, and were obviously part of the reason the team started out so poorly. Any sane human could have told you that buying Sage for 14k was a massive overpay; I'm not sure people thought she would go 0-4, but this buy was absurd nonetheless. She was later traded for recently permabanned user CasedVictory, who nearly pulled a reverse Atticus by getting himself off the sinking ship that was the Raiders and becoming a manager of the BIGs. KW was pretty polarizing before the auction, but after the debacle that was RUWC, the Jerk had completely hopped off the bandwagon. Former RUTL ShakeItUp placed KW at 7th in his preseason RU Power Rankings, a move which was later criticized by the mainers. Well, I guess we know who was right now, huh?

Overall, the BIGs reached my preseason expectations. I originally thought that they were a decent enough team with an outside shot of making playoffs. After a terrible start, this dream looked unlikely. However, the team rallied behind Bush and Case, absorbing their fiery, aggressive mentalities and becoming the Magma BIGs. They were a couple of games away from reaching the playoffs, defying all odds. A couple of expensive miscues made their season an uphill struggle, but their 90k roster almost managed to attain top 4 status, nonetheless.

Now then, on to the predictions.

Dragonspiral Tyrants (8) vs Wi-fi Wolfpack (3)

SM OU: Mana vs Kickasser | both are solid but kicks played a bit better this spl
SM OU: BLUNDER SANTANA vs Charmflash | charmflash seems to be falling back down to earth at the worst time for his team. blunder been body baggin the entire site this yr jesus LOL dont think a slumping charmflash can stop him here
SM UU: Christo vs Sjneider | haven't really been impressed w sjneider and he seems pretty ass to me. losing bugzinator seems to be a big hurdle for the wolfpack to overcome. Sjneider's road won't get any easier here, as he faces off against the #2 UUer, who should have a field day in this matchup
SM RU: aim vs Welli0u | Joey's rebounded a bit from his early season struggles and I like his odds here. I think he's a better player for sure.
SM NU: ict vs Eternally | Leon's been solid enough this tour and Eternally has struggled a bit. I'll take the more in-form player.
ORAS OU: Poek vs Santu | santu has been pretty unimpressive. Even against Bro Kappa, he almost tried to throw the game by sacking Tyranitar. Poek seems to be doing better lately and his ceiling is way higher.
BW OU: We Three Kings vs TDK | TDK's good but it's hard to pick against Moxie this year. He's been pretty solid and tdk has had his struggles.
DPP OU: GaryTheGengar vs DeepBlueC | everyone seems to be high as fuck on this guy's ability for a thinking gen player. I think he's played slightly better than Gary this year, although this is still anyone's game.
ADV OU: Gilbert arenas vs UD | I never thought I would be predicting marcop over UD but here we are LMAO marcop's defied all expectations and has put up a solid record. UD, meanwhile, has been TERRIBLE this SPL and has played badly in the majority of his games. Spending 20k on him looks pretty absurd right now...big edge to marcop based on form
GSC OU: sulcata vs Fear | LOOL IT HAPPENED FINALLY AFTER 2 YRS THIS CLOWN GOT UNLUCKY AND LOST OMG all i needed to see dude jesus was tired of this. sulcata impressed vs. Earthworm last week, although you could argue playing Earthworm in 2019 could make a lot of players look good. Sulcata has been pretty decent this year, though, but I'm still not convinced on his playing skill. Fear's still easily the 2nd best GSCer right now, so big edge here.
RBY OU: Heroic Troller vs The Idiot Ninja | Both are good but troller's better

Alpha Ruiners (6) vs Indie Scooters (6)

SM OU: Hiye vs Cdumas | mr. i-want-to-be-on-the-bench-but-in-reality-just-want-to-jerk-off-with-my-french-comrades-and-leave-the-bigs is starting in the playoffs? Who could have foreseen this...oh wait, everyone LOL Cdumas has been terrible this year, and his only win is against obi...yeah. Hiye has struggled a bit but its hard to pick Cdumas to win over anyone right now.
SM OU: Empo vs FMG | both have been solid enough but empo's a bit better I would say.
SM UU: Pearl vs robjr | rob won last week but it's hard to see him beating the #1 UUer two weeks in a row.
SM RU: passion vs Aeroblacktyl | this is a very interesting game. passion's salvaged the disaster that was the Ruiners RU slot, while MoP has had some pretty lit games. I'll trust MoP to come up with some nonsense tech that gets the win here. That's what the SPL playoffs are all about.
SM NU: lax vs Realistic Waters | lax lost this matchup last week but I still think he's a better player. Waters got a bit luckier too.
SM DOU: Croven vs miltankmilk | croven's been a lot better this spl
ORAS OU: imsosorrylol vs craing ;_; | god knows ben gay shows up LMAO this is the same shit as last week. he has a big edge if he plays but we'll see
BW OU: Rewer vs Lopunny Kicks | bro these guys are STILL starting rewer LOL bro this is absurd. idk about lop kicks bw skill but he's definitely better than rewer via the #crustrule
DPP OU: Jimmy Turtwig vs Ojama | so they saw rewer in bw and decided to put ojama against a real opponent. i would approve the strategy except for the fact that they put him in the fucking variance madhouse LMAO ojama's a way better player but in this dumbass tier, who knows really.
ADV OU: qsns vs dekzeh | bro isnt this your doubles sub? LMAO my god the ruiners draft was so fucking shit. dekzeh might be crust but he's definitely still better than a doubles main
GSC OU: Lavos vs Century Express | century express was definitely an overpay and lavos is unstoppable in this tier
RBY OU: FriendOfMrGolem120 vs MetalGro$$ | i cant believe i'm picking metalgross in the playoffs LMAO he won this matchup last week so on a series this close, he gets the edge. fomg been on a downward tilt too.

Tiebreak:

SM OU: LOL i have no idea who would even play this for both teams so call it even
ADV OU: filler character vs. Ojama
GSC OU: Lavos vs. filler character

Both those r like 90/10 or w/e matchups so...this should be interesting if it happens.

cb aaron judge

ALL RISE
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
Dragonspiral Tyrants (6) vs Wifi Wolfpack (6)

Tiebreak: Dragonspiral Tyrants (2) vs Wifi Wolfpack (1)
SM OU: BLUNDER SANTANA vs Kickasser
ORAS OU: Poek vs TDK

Alpha Ruiners (4) vs Indie Scooters (8)

Last edited:
Dragonspiral Tyrants (0) vs Wi-fi Wolfpack (0)

SM OU: Mana vs Kickasser - kick has played a really tough schedule and put up a good record
SM OU: BLUNDER SANTANA vs Charmflash - za has been impressive and always a threat in the builder but blunder is next level

Alpha Ruiners (0) vs Indie Scooters (0)

SM OU: Hiye vs Cdumas - two of the more shocking underperformers, coinflip imo
SM OU: Empo vs FMG - blunder and empo the best sm ou players left in the tour :door:
SM UU: Pearl vs robjr - the game they just played was fire, rob has been great this season but hard to imagine pearl losing 2 in a row
SM NU: lax vs Realistic Waters - lax is asian, rw is potentially not asian
ORAS OU: imsosorrylol vs craing ;_; - sorry has bounced back nicely but u cant get me to bet against ben especially in oras
BW OU: Rewer vs Lopunny Kicks - sure
DPP OU: Jimmy Turtwig vs Ojama - moving ojama from bw to braindead coinflip dpp seems questionable to me but what do I know
GSC OU: Lavos vs Century Express - decent chance lavos is the best player on the site rn

Dragonspiral Tyrants (8) vs Wi-fi Wolfpack (4)
SM OU: Mana [45] vs [55] Kickasser - Mana is competent and came back of his hiatus in an impressive fashion to be honest. SM OU is easy to adapt for, but hard to innovate at this point and he lowkey has been showing that hes able to not only play like he used to, but can show some flashy and fresh teams here and there. That being said, Kickasser is one of the few players that impressed me in SM OU this season, specially with his playing, and even if he didnt show many team building peculiarities, he always brings solid teams and pilotes them pretty well. Basically a top 5 SM OU to me right now so I think he has some kind of edge here.
SM OU: BLUNDER SANTANA [60] vs [40] Charmflash - Za Meowdo went from being an average player and highkey retarded user to a competent enough team tour player that grabbed a lot of important wins for the wolfpack OU core (that by the way is the best in record-wise until this point, so props for that). Even if he improved in a considerable margin and is surely paying off his low price tag, Im not that high on him yet. He showed some flashes of inconsistency throughout his run and tons of predictable teams, while blunder, that is usually ranked already pretty high in team tours (even if hes usually really incompetent on it) had an incredible year individually and finally showed that hes able to translate his big individual success to his team tours showings. He hypes himself quite a lot but now he at least has a reason to LOL. Big edge I'd say.
SM UU: Christo [65] vs [35] Sjneider - Im a fan of christo's playing and I like his petulance too, and he has one of the best UU builders as manager as well so IMHO he was the most dangerous player of this pool since when he showed that he actually came back to play seriously and wasnt rusty by any way. I like Sjneider a lot and I think he's one of the new players that has potential to break the tour scene, but at this point I just think christo would not lose to him.
SM RU: aim [60] vs [40] Welli0u - Welliou is a fine player and has 49 under his ass and all, but aim is a better player and already showed that hes able to carry his weigh by his own.
SM NU: ict [55] vs [45] Eternally - Leon is the better player, he usually brings inconsistent teams but he always pilots well enough so ye that it.
SM DOU: emforbes [45] vs [55] Human - Everybody has been high on emforbes for some time now, but this SPL he has been doing nothing but ok, while Human has showed some flashy plays and cool teams, specially that aidetic rain that lowkey became a staple. I think he has the edge but I can be wrong to be honest.
ORAS OU: Poek [70] vs [30] Santu - Poek is one of the best oras players of this site, I think Im not a fan of his team choices AT ALL but he is actually really competent at piloting them and always does what he needs to win games. Santu is not that good from what ive watched so big edge.
BW OU: We Three Kings [60] vs [40] TDK - Moxie has been taking lives with his abortive boltbeam reuniclus (and rachi) cores the whole tour, I even risk to say that he is at his best shape ever rn. TDK in the other side has been showing some cold performances in team tours for some time now, and while hes competent enough to win vs anyone at his peak, I dont think it will change now.
DPP OU: GaryTheGengar [40] vs [60] DeepBlueC - Way better player.
ADV OU: Gilbert arenas [55] vs [45] UD - If it was before this tour started id give UD something around an 80/20 edge but uh, he has not been playing well and failed to make himself worthy his pricetag, while the icecreammer has been competent enough to compete at the top. Prime UD is a threat tho so I wouldnt be surprised with a consistent showing and win on his side.
GSC OU: sulcata [35] vs [65] Fear - Way better player and is always reliable to bring wins in GSC. Big edge.
RBY OU: Heroic Troller [55] vs [45] The Idiot Ninja - Troller is the better player from what I watched, I give him a small edge since its RBY and its based on who assaults more almost every game though.

Alpha Ruiners (5) vs Indie Scooters (6)
SM OU: Hiye [49] vs [51] Cdumas - Hard one to predict. Hiye always has his ups and downs but this SPL he has def not been playing too well, while Cdumas is coming off of a disastrous regular season. That being said Cdumas won a lot in the past two years and everybody is susceptible to do bad runs at any point, he might be more motivated in a team of friends and also has the team building support that he usually needs to do well, so maybe its the time to do a better showing than what he has done this season.
SM OU: Empo [55] vs [45] FMG - I'm not too high on FMG right now and Empo played some good games this season, while making many unconventional choices team-wise. He choked on hard dicks some weeks tho.
SM UU: Pearl [51] vs [49] robjr - Nice rematch, both are cool to watch, nice users and good at UU. I just feel like Pearl is motivated to take his revenge and will try even harder than what he already does usually.
SM RU: passion [35] vs [65] Aeroblacktyl - Better player who always makes better team choices as well. Always cool to watch.
SM NU: lax [49] vs [51] Realistic Waters - I like this matchup quite a lot, lax is the better player while RW is the better builder. I have the feeling that RW will take this but can go either way.
SM DOU: Croven [55] vs [45] miltankmilk - I like milk as player and he has a dangerous DOU partner in talkingtree, but croven has showed in both DOU circuit and SPL that he can grab wins everywhere against anyone, I think he will win.
ORAS OU: imsosorrylol [35] vs [65] craing ;_; - I dont think ben gay will show up to play but if he does he will win easily, hes one of the best oras players and sorry is really inconsistent.
BW OU: Rewer [55] vs [45] Lopunny Kicks - Rewer is hungry for a win, is competent enough in BW and lop has apparently never touched it in the big stage. Ojama can make a difference here but Idk.
DPP OU: Jimmy Turtwig [49] vs [51] Ojama - Uh its a good matchup lel. Ojama might win but the turtle is really competent, maybe the highlight of this semis.
ADV OU: qsns [30] vs [70] dekzeh - Hello?
GSC OU: Lavos [55] vs [45] Century Express - While lavos is maybe the best gsc player around, there are a few matchups that i could see him failing against, and Leandro is one of them. Ofc its hard to predict against him, but a motivated CE is a pretty dangerous opponent.
RBY OU: FriendOfMrGolem120 [50] vs [50] MetalGro$$ - Both are lucky and are playing this atrocious gen, I dont know who will rob more but I couldnt care less to be totally honest. Can go either way.

Im not rooting for any team but I'd love to see my brazilian friends holding new trophies, so good luck to you my boys.

Last edited:

blunder

the bobby fischer of pokemon
is a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 25 Champion
Big Chungus Winner
Alpha Ruiners (3) vs Indie Scooters (9)

SM OU: Hiye vs Cdumas - feel this mu is like 50/50, both of these guys have lordphobia from what i did to them in week 2 and week 4 respectively but we won't get into that right now. both been playing kinda bad but id say hiye is really good at hitting new thresholds of bad. anyways i think hiye brings better teams but i think cdumas will run away w this one but its like 50/50 to me
SM OU: Empo vs FMG - both of these guys are decent but empo is really impressing me lately, mainly when he be running offense. swear i had to take a minute to breathe when he earthquaked cdumas tran switch. he has played some great games this tour and i think if he sticks to his offense lopunny bandkart roots he's gonna win. FMG kinda nice too but need to see more before i can bet against a nuke like empo
SM UU: Pearl vs robjr - id say both are evenly matched in skill, feel like pearl is really really good at gaining a lead in the first few turns and holding onto that for the majority of the game. but that kinda stuff usually works vs 6/10 players that let u walk all over em until u already lock it down in 7 turns. i dont think robjr is the typa player to let that happen, he not dumb enuf to keep switching around to his walls and he makes some offensive positioning plays so that he isnt getting run over. ill give it to pearl
SM RU: passion vs Aeroblacktyl - fw mop
SM NU: lax vs Realistic Waters - heard lax been saying rw is big trash and overrated but shit that stuff only works when u actually winning all ur games, sheeeesh dont lose twice
ORAS OU: imsosorrylol vs craing ;_; - think ben will actually play this match and im expecting a 6-0 from him probably. think sorry will use some win conditions taht have bad matchup vs bens team, probably like some weird version of xrays bish azu ho, and just struggle to kill anything. sorry been kinda up n down but feel ben is going to outplay the shit out of him but i am a big fanboy so some bias.
BW OU: Rewer vs Lopunny Kicks - pinnacle of competitive pokemon my ass :facepalm: but i think loppkix gonna take it me and him had a fye 80 turn bw game a couple weeks ago and anyone who can take me to turn 80 gotta be doing something right.
DPP OU: Jimmy Turtwig vs Ojama - dont know shit about dpp but ojama built my team vs jturt when we played in stour playoffs and u ask jimmy turtwig what happened.
ADV OU: qsns vs dekzeh - fw dekzeh
GSC OU: Lavos vs Century Express - think CE is pretty good but lavos spawn is too crazy!!!! he also has the combination of whine into win down to a T, almost as good as ojama but not quite there yet
RBY OU: FriendOfMrGolem120 vs MetalGro$$ - i fw rby these days, gotta give it to metalgross cuz i hate the way fomg120 talks

Rooting for the Ruiners! I don't really know many SM players, but the old gen players on the Ruiners are absolute homies and are extremely deserving of a trophy :)

Some DPP predicts, because why not?
DPP OU: Jimmy Turtwig (51) vs (49) Ojama | Both these players are fantastic at DPP, and I think skill-wise they're very even, so this can go any which way. But Jimmy's DPP play and building impresses me more, so if I had to pick one to win it, he would definitely be my pick! This has the potential to be the best DPP match of the tournament.
DPP OU: GaryTheGengar (40) vs (60) DeepBlueC | DBC lost to Gary the last time they played, but I think DBC is a stronger player overall, despite Gary performing better than I had expected. I expect really good prep and polished play from DBC, so I think he has higher odds of winning the match.

As a spectator it's been really fun watching all these games and even learning about tiers I have never even touched before, so I'm really looking forward to all the (hopefully) great matches.

disclaimer just going to ad ad-libs if I have no clue

SM OU: Mana vs Kickasser: current french goat dope builder too
SM OU: BLUNDER SANTANA vs Charmflash: not entirely sure if charm has this kinda juice yet, and blunder has been a hot boi all year
SM UU: Christo vs Sjneider: made me want to kick his virtual ass during OLT but is imo the breakout player of this tour year really versatile in terms of the teams he can bring and solid player too.
SM RU: aim vs Welli0u: your girl wishes you had his jaw line
SM NU: ict vs Eternally: all Nu players are fire Ict seems to have some crazy peak performances though
SM DOU: emforbes vs Human: AYE
ORAS OU: Poek vs Santu: one of the best to do it
BW OU: We Three Kings vs TDK : TDK
DPP OU: GaryTheGengar vs DeepBlueC: My G
ADV OU: Gilbert arenas vs UD: agent zero just got cut from ice cubes 3v3 league this aint it
GSC OU: sulcata vs Fear: think he's like 50-2 all time in team tours
RBY OU: Heroic Troller vs The Idiot Ninja: 7-5

SM OU: Hiye vs Cdumas: probably better than you at chess
SM OU: Empo vs FMG: seems to be starting to become a BIG threat
SM UU: Pearl vs robber: both good dudes pearl is dummy good though
SM RU: passion vs Aeroblacktyl: ALRIGGGGHT
SM NU: lax vs Realistic Waters: 4-0 homie
SM DOU: Croven vs miltankmilk: YUH
ORAS OU: imsosorrylol vs craing ;_; : if he shows up its a wrap
BW OU: Rewer vs Lopunny Kicks: did not know lop kicks played BW but I assume he's a hot boi in it too
DPP OU: Jimmy Turtwig vs Ojama: only loses to that german guy who only does OLT
ADV OU: qsns vs dekzeh: YEAH, YEAH
GSC OU: Lavos vs Century Express : he's too much
RBY OU: FriendOfMrGolem120 vs MetalGro$$ : WHAT, WHAT, WHAT, YUH

6-6 Ruiners win TB 2-1 Oj wins the game for scooters

Last edited:

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
hijacking thread to say that this was quite a way to go out. im not too disappointed because i knew from the beginning making playoffs was going to be a challenge. our team got control of our own destiny for 10 minutes and just fell short lmao. regardless, it was the most fun in an spl that ive had and im grateful for all the people i met. shoutout to bushtush and every other magma big, you guys had a hell of a run, i appreciate all of you!

good luck to all the teams left, you all have some players I really like! idrc who wins, just rooting for individual friends. you all know who you are :)

Last edited:

Sabella

formerly Booty
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Past WCoP Champion

Overall: I find it hard to see the pack winning this. They limped into playoffs winning only one series in the last 5 weeks and just frankly look over powered by the tyrants bar a few games that I expect to be very close.

Overall: I think this series is going to be really damn close. For both teams i think will depend on some of the weaker slots and how they perform. If the ruiners happen to get bw and ru wins early i cant imagine them losing but on the same note if the scooters can manage to steal rby and gsc early on i think they become the favorite.

Edit: Sike bitch no way ruiners are losing this one. While i wish the best for my friends robjr and lop kicks theres no way the scooters can move on any further, Cdumas and the gang will be stopped here.

Good Luck to all teams hope to see some good matches.

Last edited:

Bedschibaer

NAME = FUCK
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Heroic Troller 55 vs 45 The Idiot Ninja
I tend to give the conservative player the edge in RBY most of the time, because it's a way of playing that isn't high on variance. Tin has definitely proven that he knows when to do funky shit and take risks in well timed situations, so this is a close one. I definitely see Tin trying to get the upper hand with a fairly agressive gameplan. On the other hand can we talk about how troller is apparently a player of the old guard now? I remember way too well when he was merely a disciple of marco. Overall in terms of spectatorship I am not sure who of these two is the lesser evil. Do I want Tins ego to blow up because of back to back spls or do I want the tyrants to become even more cringiola?

FriendOfMisterGolem120 40 vs 60 MetalGro$$
Again, way too weird to have Metal be an rby veteran at this point. Fomg definitely had an impressive breakout season despite not even being considered an rbyer. Just in terms of team calls I feel like he has been dicy at points, but he boasts a very calculating, thought-out playstyle. I expect him playing to his outs very effectively and he seems to find the most effective routes most of the time. Metal despite also doing sketchy shit at times has a deep understanding of gamestates and knows how to take advantage of an opponents exploits. I predict fomg being forced out of the comfort zone and metal being the proactive player, deciding how it turns out.
But what do I know

I am giving a neutral shoutout to the walking mediocrity that was the Classiest. I fit right in. Nice team atmosphere though :heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)