Smogon Premier League X - Semi-Finals

Status
Not open for further replies.
gg. Sorry team for slowing down after week 5, I didn’t speak enough with you guys and should’ve keep you informed about how active I was going to be and should’ve ask more for ur help. Thanks to everyone I had a lot of fun during this season even if we completely felt down at the end. Thanks TonyFlygon for trusting me and picking me as your #1 OU slot, and sorry if I failed to reach ur expectations, I definetly could’ve bring a lot more to the team.

aim

pokeaimMD
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Gl to both sides. A little bit upset that 3 games have to delay a tournament finals almost a week. I would understand if it were b03. Still exciting, I feel like doubles is gonna determine it >:]

*edit* post your times if you can boys, would love to try and get these live recorded

phosphor

ghosts appear and fade away
is a Top Tutoris a Community Leader
B101 Leader
After some thought into it...

Lavos 45 - 55 Ojama

After a few rough spots which included actually bringing Celebi and Latias to games, Ojama seems to have grasped the "spirit" of how most of the pool wants to play BW and succeeded in adapting a solid "wrecking ball" playstyle that has little holes but can also force wins (NP Mew, various Tkion sets, that fucking water ChainChomp, etc.) against the various teams seen right now that try to draw out the battle. I am not sure how this will match up against a player like Lavos, who himself has a unique BW style and while he certainly is capable of bringing those slow Gliscor/ Spikes builds that are popular right now he has no qualms bringing teams that, while with glaring flaws, are matched up perfectly against who he is playing against (looking at his alt's replays right now, he can use stuff like Azelf+ wincon stack, hail, Dnite rain...). I feel like what this match will boil down to: will Lavos counterstyle an Ojama that has been refined through the BW style that has been played in this tour? Or will Ojama bring a build that will simply beat Lavos' shakier ones with sheer solidity?

I am very excited for this match.

And just like teal6 predicted, in classic SPL fashion, we have ourselves a tiebreak in the semifinals. The loser will be sent home and experience the same feelings of dejection the Raiders have felt since Week 1. The winner, meanwhile, will earn the right to play what is perhaps the greatest lineup ever assembled. Of course, it should be mentioned that the last time a team won 11-1 in the semifinals, they were surgically dismantled by the goat franchise in the best tour of all time, SPL 5. Now then, on to the predictions.

Also, how tf did we manage to get a Ruiners tiebreak without Lavos playing GSC???

Alpha Ruiners (1) vs Indie Scooters (2)

SM OU: lax vs craing ;_; | I honestly can't believe ben gay is really going to play the tiebreak. This is the same man who flaked his Snake Finals game...When his team needed him the most this tour, however, he managed to pick up a key win vs. sorry in convincing fashion and keep the Scooters' dreams alive. His competition this time will be a bit tougher, going up against resident NU main lax in a US West showdown. Lax is a solid enough player to win this game, but it would be disrespectful to not take ben gay's side here. He seemingly always manages to finesse into a matchup advantage, and I think he can pull that off again.
SM DOU: Croven vs miltankmilk | I don't really know that much about Doubles, so I'm just going to go off the sheet. Croven's had a much better season, the Ruiners had the confidence to pick this tier in a tiebreak, and he won this exact matchup a few days ago.
BW OU: Lavos vs Ojama | How in the world did we end up with Lavos vs. Ojama in BW for this tiebreak LMAO HOW WTF Lavos GSC is like one of the biggest edges anyone has in the entire tournament. Ojama really didn't pick ADV either my lord. Well, nothing can be done now I suppose. It's hard to pick anyone to beat the Kingpin in BW OU; he and SoulWind are still pretty clearly the best BWers to me. Lavos is a fellow Smogon Classic winner and has been tearing up this SPL, so he obviously has the capability to win this matchup. The last time I remember Lavos BWing in SPL, he brought the following team in the Semifinals:

Perhaps more cheese awaits us in the matchup. Nonetheless, the Scooters should bring this home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)