Finals Smogon Premier League XIII - Finals [Won by Team Raiders]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gtcha

Banned deucer.
gg wp
First, I want to thank Raiza and Tricking for giving me the opportunity to be able to play this SPL. Even though I wasn't guaranteed to become a starter they gave me the chance to be after what happened with Devin, also thanks to all my teammates who were supporting me at every turn and encouraging me every time I won a game even if I didn't play the best. Thanks in particular to bbeeaa for always passing me teams even though we weren't on the same team, to 100percentpureheat for always helping me test, to Niko for always helping me with evs and seeing the best option, and to TJ for always doing scouts and always having good vibes and and trusting in us all season.
I also want to thank my ex-manager CALLOUS , for giving me the opportunity to debut for the first time in last year's SPL, if it wasn't for that I probably wouldn't have been picked, like in SCL (Feliburn maldito traidor).

Tricking

MALDINI
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 6th Official Ladder Tournamentwon the 7th Official Ladder Tournamentis a defending SPL Championis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
As a preamble, I want to say that the level showcased in most games in the finals was acceptable to me, and in some few cases particularly high. I am not trying to say that the games played were flawless because that was not the case, but there were no major mistakes and this is a rarity considering the pressure of finals and the fact that new faces were involved. You can compare them with Semifinals games and see how the level radically improved.

On our side though, moving onto tiebreak, we had two poorly executed games in g2 and g3 of the RBY series and the SS game had some suboptimal turns and mistakes. Luck was on our side. It has not been a constant in the tournament but, in some crucial moments when we were close to elimination, good luck definitely saved us. In my mind, this is not the optimal way to end a tournament because you would ideally want to showcase your best at the end, but it was a very long season and it is hard to maintain the focus until the end. So, I want to congratulate with players from both teams involved, and I can easily say that with a couple of exceptions you all can be very proud of the way you played these games.

As for this experience, I consider it as the (temporary?) end of a journey that started last year. Going into the tournament, I knew I was busy, but I also knew that I could have brought something positive to the team. I also wanted to give some players the chance to continue what we started last year in Raiders, because we ended up as 5th with a great BD, beating both finalists by a large margin, and with some episodes and stuff that did not definitely go our way. That is why I accepted to co-manage again this year. Once again, like it happened last year, we did not start with the optimal lineup, but we had many doubts and difficulties as the tour started. Moreover, luck was not on our side at all for the first couple of weeks. Though, after Week 2's disaster, we started winning and gaining confidence. Maybe we were not as bad as many people (funnily also within the team) thought. We got stronger and stronger week after week. We didn't win any week by a large margin because every week someone kept making some mistakes, having bad luck, sometimes a mix of both things, but we were there and won enough to get to playoffs. This was my first playoffs appearance as a Manager, so definitely something new after two sad 5th places in Snake and SPL. This was Raiza's objective at the beginning of the season, but when you are on the floor you might as well dance, no? I managed to have more free time from semifinals tiebreak onwards and it was great to help some players more closely. I hope you enjoyed playoffs and playing high-stakes games, as for some of you it was the first time. I also hope on a personal note that you take something positive home out of your interactions with me and the other players/helpers, other than the red trophy.

I'll go with some short sentences for each of you, as you have already enjoyed my epic motivational speeches, so let's give something to the general public as well. I will start from those who did not receive the trophy after this journey, but where really important at some crucial points.

fran17 - My first friend on PS. Still here after many adventures. Still 0 trophies because the people I manage with have no balls. THE LEADER.

Kibo - caro bibo, devin asked us to invite you, I was happy to do so and I was happy that you helped us early in the season. Then, you went inactive and we kept winning. Then, you came back, and we were losing finals. Then again, I banned you from the server, and the comeback plan started. (REVERSE) TALISMAN.

bbeeaa & Niko, thanks a lot for your building help in playoffs and even before. A great part of our SS success is yours. You may sometimes get too passionate about your own builds and about the game, but you do it in a genuine and positive way. I appreciate you two and your help a lot. I believe that you will get what you deserve at some point. THE THROPY DUO.

Serpi, thank you for joining us to help with RBY from the last few weeks onwards. BIHI has already mentioned the importance of your support in his winpost, but I want to remark upon it once again.

MetalGro$$ our fallen hero from last year. Glad you still joined us and contributed with your epic game discussion takes from time to time.

LuckOverSkill
MONNA LUSA
Micaiah

3 GOATS

-Howkings caro Stephen, you were with Raiza, BIHI, and I since the beginning. You sometimes helped with your (right) takes, more often your (wrong) takes helped us define what not to do. Jokes aside, thank you very much for all the time you devoted for this tournament, being there every day to test with our players, providing general help and stuff. You want a chance to manage in a big tournament, it may or may not happen soon, but I am sure that your dedication will lead you where you desire.
-Howkings caro Stephen, you were with Raiza, BIHI, and I since the beginning. You sometimes helped with your (right) takes, more often your (wrong) takes helped us define what not to do. Jokes aside, thank you very much for all the time you devoted for this tournament, being there every day to test with our players, providing general help and stuff. You want a chance to manage in a big tournament, it may or may not happen soon, but I am sure that your dedication will lead you where you desire.

Moving onto players, in order by sheet record:

Gtcha - winning helps winning, and your run is the exact definition of this. You made mistakes, but you took them seriously and improved week after week, leading to a very well-played finals game. I got to know you through Corckscrew's amazing franchise: the Centocelle Crawdaunts (again, congratulations to Centocelle Crawdaunts for winning IPL), then we became friends, I kinda learned Spanish talking to you in this couple of years because you wouldn't talk to me in English. I have always said that you win team tours if one or more of your cheap players performs incredibly well, and that was the case. Nobody expected you to carry, but you did it. This trophy is yours. As I've told you, don't worry about your finals tiebreak game, but don't forget about it. There is margin for improvement, and part of that goes through the way you learn from your games as you know. It is relatively easy to be a one-hit wonder, it is hard to stay at the top.

BIHI - the retain, IL MAESTRO. At some point I felt like retaining you was a mistake because I didn't believe in your SS skills, and at the same time I didn't want to force you into playing something you didn't want to. Maybe I was right, maybe I was wrong. But we couldn't leave the MAESTRO alone. And in hindsight it was a great choice, you basically won us two tiebreaks with 3/5 well-played RBY games, which is a good ratio for a new player vs. the two best RBY records. Good luck helped you, but your grit and commitment to win and make a difference were evident. When I talked about passion in the finals speech, I was exactly thinking about the way you approached the two tiebreaks.

elodin - it might be surprising to see you here among the best records after how much you made us mald during the season, but it isn't. You made us mald because we had great expectations from your slot, despite your pricetag. Your tournament was great, you have been a great value pick, but I knew that from the past, too. I feel like you have improved and gained confidence in this tournament, and I feel like that you only stopped yourself from going X-0 with some suboptimal team choices, in-game decisions, and pre-game overthinking. I hope this is not the finish line for you, but a starting point for better results.

Punny - this is one of the slots I have supported the most throughout the whole tour. It wasn't too easy, as my playstyle is slightly different from yours, and so are my choices before the game. But I knew that you would have done well, from WCoP and other tournaments. This is another slot where we could have done better because we had the ability to do so. We got unlucky a couple of games, too. I think we didn't play at our best a couple of times, too. I also know that you are clever enough to learn from this tournament and use it as fuel for future games. You were skeptical about the team, (who wasn't?), but I appreciated your effort and chat presence as always.

100percentpureheat - 1oo. I got to know you when you helped Leviathans in Snake and me in OLT for free. I was also really sad when you were a game away from winning SPL last year, but you had a very difficult matchup and ended up losing. This year, you still had bad matchups in a couple of games, so I am starting to think that your teams suck. Jokes aside, you were not in many of our plans, just a couple. But it is clear that you were a keystone of our team, as both Raiza and I had no doubt when it came to put you in tiebreak. But what shows the absolute faith in you from our side is letting you start in DPP in Week 1. No one with a working brain would have done that, but I am happy to have done that. I am also happy that you sat in the bench until midseason after that performance. You were great, some of your teams were really good, one was particularly interesting to me but you sold it to Leo, I won't easily forget about this. I am incredibly happy that we managed to win together.

TJ - the (no longer) PU mainer. I was skeptical about getting you because I thought we had no chance to make you play, but Raiza insisted to get you over the list of ABSOLUTE PRIORITY SUBS I prepared. Maybe Raiza just didn't want to get trolled by my picks, so he did a good job. Your first games were bad, but you practised and improved a lot week after week. See where you are in OST to understand that maybe your record could have been much better, but you started behind. It is now your task to end on a positive note that tournament and remain at the top. Great chat presence and effort with scouts and the boring part nobody wants to do. Possibly the biggest surprise in this tournament to me, only because I already knew GTCHA GTCHA GTCHA.

xray - all managers wanted you. I wrote to you the day before the auction and told you we were going to get you. You were the non-retained starting point of the auction. This has been your worst tournament in terms of individual performance, but you started playing a gen you enjoyed a lot at the beginning, but you lost passion for it week after week. And this game is meaningless without passion, that is why your results were worse than what everyone expected. You were unlucky at some points, too. Aside from that, I appreciated your effort, your chat presence and also your method in approaching the games every week. Everything was right by the book, but there wasn't enough passion. I find it ironic that you won the tournament with your worst performance and being part of a team that looked worse than many of your past teams on paper. You had a strong presence, and I am overall happy of my experience with you as a teammate. It could have gone much better results-wise, but you surely deserve your trophy. And remember, winning helps winning, if you want to keep on playing the game.

Jimmy Turtwig - you had a great tournament last year, at some point we also wanted to retain you. You told us to wait for the auction and we spared 0.5k and the extra money at the beginning surely made our initial bids more credible. Maybe you just wanted to be on another team, so you told us that, I don't know. What I know is that I am happy that you were with us again, maybe not in your most comfortable tier, but that slot was exactly what the team needed. Your season has been quite unlucky in terms of matchups and hax, but you also made mistakes in some of your games. I can say the record you have is not very honest and doesn't reflect your abilities at all. You surely deserved an even-ish record at least, and with more attention it could have become a great record. Aside from your in-game performance, on a personal note I am super happy that what we started last year ended in the best way possible.

Hclat - I hope you can find out whether we got to playoffs or not. At the time I am writing these shoutouts, you haven't logged on Discord yet. You took over our most unlucky slot and got some key wins starting from midseason onwards. As I have said to many other players, you have the tools to step up. Your creative teambuilding is a source of advantage over other players and you don't play bad either. But you make mistakes, you forget about obvious stuff when in-game. You can work on this if you want, you are already good, greatness is there, it just takes a little extra effort and less CM Thunderbolt Counter Blissey. I am happy I got to know you better.

Aliss - another known face from last year's Raiders unfortunate campaign. Your season last year was better. It was definitely easier for you to take over the RBY slot as a substitute, rather than playing it for the whole season. I also know that RBY wasn't your main preference this year going into the tournament, but I also knew that I wanted to get you once again, because I felt like the trophy could come, and you had much to offer. I was right about the trophy, possibly wrong about in-game performances, which were shaky at some point, but I believe that you can use this win as a way to restart and work on what has gone wrong with your gameplay. I appreciated your chat presence (many lines from you as always), and I believe that you improved in some aspects as a teammate with respect to the previous year.

emma - the last pick of our draft. EMMA MARRONE. You got an important win, you helped since Week 1 with constant help, scouting, advice. Your contribution to the RBY slot was evident in the first weeks, but at some point you were much less active. While I do know that something happened, I want to tell you that I am still happy to have known you a bit better, and as an advice that you can try letting bad things slide because you are stronger. I hope there have been some moments you enjoyed and that you will recall, other than looking at the mere red trophy.

devin - I am sad about what happened. I am sad that there was a misunderstanding with the rules, and I will be even more sad if it can't be solved by the next SPL. I want to thank you for doing your best, your Week 1 game was really clean, Week 2 was slightly worse but you only lost to a tie. You had room to make a great season and show that PRs were completely wrong. You will have your chances if you wish, best of luck.

Vaboh - VABBYYYYY. Another player that I really wanted to buy. Your contribution was really crucial in starting the win streak that led to our success after devin's ban and the initial defeats. The teams you built are still undefeated in SPL, be proud :toti: I am very sad that you went inactive at some point, but I know that you are fine, so I am fine with it too. We are all happy that you won with us, and we are waiting for you to reappear on Discord.

Sadlysius - SADLYSUS. The talisman. Great chat presence, but unfortunately... Yuumi player. All the years spent at getting carried on League as a Yuumi player inevitably led to the bad luck you had this season. But your ability as a Yuumi player showed that you were super useful even when benched (decision that I still not fully agree with), and getting to finals every year. Jokes aside, I am super happy you won SPL again, more as a protagonist this time. And I think that you are ready to do much and much better as a player, if you wish to. Most of your losses were quite unlucky, I genuinely believe that you could have had a season à la Gtcha if things went your way since the beginning. I enjoyed the fact that you helped me in Callous invitational and if I could win some ADV games, it meant that everybody could with your help.

Dizno - another ADV helper who managed to help in the most unlucky slot we had. You were not as active as SadlySUS and Hclat, but I still appreciated your contributions. I know you will have chances to play this tournament as a starter if that's what you want. It won't take much if you keep doing well in individual tournaments.

Shoka - another boomer like BIHI... two French noobs... and I'll stop here, otherwise Hervalt will arrive and include me in the RACISMO NO list. Jokes aside, it is not easy to be subbed in and deliver a good performance vs. one of the top BWers in the pool. Unfortunately, you got some of the key turns in the game wrong, after an overall well-played game. You were our starting BW slot in some of the draft plans we had, so we had. We went with elodin this time, but I know you are good since you beat me with Leavanny back in time, and we expected you to deliver a good season as well if you had the chance to start since the beginning.

H.M.N.I.P - you have no idea of how happy I am that your sheet record is getting worse. Looking forward to WCoP where you will inevitably get owned again, go negative in the sheet, and I'll rejoice. Jokes aside, nip-col-trophy-rosso e goditi anche questo :toti:

Raiza - ag: Raiza... tuo padre appeso al quadro

Enzonana. Fakee Pais hellpowna best supporters...
vakatalesau ti dedico anche questo

Thanks to the socio CCrizzi for the content, the hot playlist and the shoutout after the win.

Thanks for the season, see you.

Last edited:

Niko

is a Tiering Contributoris a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
As I said in Raiders chat, the trophy is the final target of a great adventure, but what's worth the most is the journey. So I can say that despite not having any red trophy, I feel like something remained to me from this shorter - I missed the first 5 weeks - experience as supporter. The environment was great, funny and I really enjoyed the chat in its daily routine full of memes and OT fun stuff. Everyone really deserved their trophy, congrats and remember that it represents the efforts you put in all these weeks and the fun you had in the run, so enjoy it!

Raiza l2p
Tricking SOCK!
Gtcha LA TU MAMITA GORDA
100percentpureheat STEVEN BRADBURY
bbeeaa #ISTHROPY

@everyone GTCHA GTCHA GTCHA GTCHA GTCHA GTCHA GTCHA GTCHA GTCHA GTCHA GTCHA GTCHA GTCHA GTCHA GTCHA GTCHA GTCHA GTCHA GTCHA GTCHA GTCHA GTCHA GTCHA GTCHA GTCHA GTCHA GTCHA GTCHA GTCHA GTCHA GTCHA GTCHA GTCHA GTCHA GTCHA GTCHA GTCHA GTCHA GTCHA GTCHA GTCHA GTCHA GTCHA GTCHA GTCHA GTCHA GTCHA GTCHA

H.M.N.I.P FINALMENTE MI PUOI GHOSTARE FULL TIME SUL LOLAZO

Last edited:
Memes Aside, Congratulations Raiders you are all still trash, but you deserve your trophy

Creg/gtcha/Leo/Separation/ TJ I'm happy yall killed this tour and I helped you guys in someway ❤ especially for My LA boys, Lets keep this track for wcop

Felicidades búho, Alicia, Conejo patea, rayos X , tristemente y a los demás.

Aliss

is a defending SPL Championis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
PORK THE FUCK we actually fucking did it. and by we i mean BIHI and Bleach, who carried our asses throughout this entire season and when it was time to do it one last week did not complain and closed it out. while we got lucky as fuck in the tiebreak games i'm mostly just really happy because i do think we deserved this win a lot after everything. great fucking work everyone, even tricking.

this season was a great experience. at the start everyone thought we were TOTAL unviables and would be eliminated before midseason, and the first two weeks did not look too good for us. that was, until we invited fran17 to our chat and turned it all around. i think it'd be safe to say we defied all expectations winning as the #10 PR team, but that wouldn't be entirely true, because some of us had faith from the start that this lineup could do it. much thanks go out to our managers, who were also PR'd #10, for having the vision to get this team together and carry us over the finish line, and more importantly, including me in that vision. i am very glad to have been a part of this.

its no secret to anyone that i enjoy playing this game a lot. i often sign up for stupid side PLs and seasonals, simply because i actively like this video game. that being said, even if the games alone are fun to me, nothing is quite like having an enjoyable time with teammates. SPL is the best tour for many reasons, but that's the main one. once again i absolutely adored everyone on team raiders, and now that we won the THROPY after last year's failure, theres no way i couldn't write shoutouts for each and every single one of you all. here goes :) (incoming: a lot)

Sorted by linecount like last year

XIII: DEATH - Vaboh (676): Hope you're doing okay, wherever you are now. I also hope you'll take pleasure in seeing we won this tour if you ever open this site again. You've been gone for a bit but despite that left a lasting impact on our team. I hope you enjoyed the weeks you were here for, and you deserve this trophy as much as anyone else.

XVII: THE STAR - Dizno (779): The first head of our ADV Hydreigon. I've known you for a while now, all the way back to that one PPL with Callous, and when your name came up during auction I pushed hard to get you, as I was certain your support would be valuable. Turns out I was right, and we were very glad to have you. It's a shame you only got to play one game, as you're a very solid player, and it's even more of a shame that that one game went the way it went, because you definitely deserved to win it and end up on the sheet. That being said, I do hope you enjoyed being part of this adventure, and I hope to see you grab a starter slot next year.

XX: JUDGEMENT - Shoka (2650): Just like Dizno, I wish you could've gotten more than one game on the battlefield, and I wish your one game went different than it did. That being said, the reason you didn't get to play as much was because of elodin's extremely successful campaign throughout the season, and you were a major component in contributing towards that. It's great to see you still be able to turn up and perform after all these years, passionate about a tier not many enjoy in the current climate. You're a great player in your own right and good enough to start on any other team, so I hope you were okay with taking a supportive role here, and I hope the trophy makes up for it.

XIX: THE SUN - Hclat (3072): RAIDERSCLAT. Our mids pickup, and our first franchise player from last year. While the trade to get you onto our lineup fell through last year, I'm so so glad we did manage to pick you up this time, as you deserve this red trophy a ton. One of the, if not the premier creative mastermind in ADV OU, you're always a joy to have around. It was nice seeing you fool around with TOTAL MONS like GIAMPLAF this season, and I'm still sad the Tail Glow Pass didn't work. We wouldn't have been here without your win in finals vs rob, so I'm glad you got to log on on monday and see that we won the tiebreaker.

IV: THE EMPEROR - Gtcha (3239): BLEACH! BLICC!! Despite how unbelievably fucking hard you carried us, you only had a little over 3k lines, and I'd be surprised if over 100 of those were in English. That being said, even ignoring the obvious fact that you went TEN AND ONE??? I would've definitely not wanted to miss having you around. You're a funny guy I think, when I can figure out what the Spanish you're speaking means, and added a lot of energy to the team. That being said, let's cut to the chase and talk about how unbelievable your season was. From starting on the bench to going 4-0 in playoffs, clutching both tiebreaks for us? I don't think even bbeeaa saw this one coming. Watching your games in call was easily some of the highlights of this season, the way you turned the most ridiculous looking endgames around. Ignore the "support" jokes, everyone who matters knows that you yourself are the player who accomplished this and good god are we thankful for it.

III: THE EMPRESS - emma (4190): Emma Marrone! Riley Raid!! While you weren't around as much at the end of the season, your RBY prowess was wonderful to have for the double tiebreak. Your in-depth scouts were much help to both me and BIHI, and I'm glad you got to win the game you got to play. I know things aren't always 100 between us, but I really hope you're doing well and wish you the best from here. Thanks for all the help this season.

IX: THE HERMIT - Jimmy Turtwig (5621): Our technically-not-a-retain. From farming the BW pool last year to a slightly underwhelming GSC campaign at the hands of a wave of misfortune this year, I'm sure everyone was glad to have you anyway. While you didn't get all the wins that I'm sure you would've liked to have, you're one hell of a player and I never once felt uncertain about our GSC slot thinking 'oh god Jimmy for sure can't do this'. You're a very reliable player who's always great to have around, and a fun guy to talk to too. Shame we didn't keep up our chessle streak, I was finally starting to improve a little bit >:(

XI: STRENGTH - TJ (6516): Pop Smoke himself. Like Bleach, you weren't in the lineup from the start, but by the end you vanquished doubt from everyone's minds that you more than deserved to be there. A 2-0 playoff run against two extremely strong opponents turned a 3-4 regular season into a beautiful positive record, and I hope it's one you're happy with. If not, there's always next year though, as I'm sure you'll be a CG OU staple for years to come now. Besides your in-game performances, you were also a valuable figure in the chat. Besides just being fun to talk to and keeping the team enjoyable, your motivational speeches mattered a lot in some key weeks. It's a shame you lost OST so close to the finish line but I'm sure you'll get an individual to go with your already rapidly going trophyset sooner rather than later.

XVIII: THE MOON - Sadlysius (8460): The third and final head of our ADV Hydreigon. It's an absolute shame that your record turned out the way it did the first time you started an SPL, because you prepped and played well but sometimes the game won't let you have it. That being said, I'm so glad you didn't let it deter you from helping Hclat out, and continuing to post your kitten gifs in general chat. Despite you being a filthy league player, you're a super nice guy and a pleasure to interact with. I'm glad to have had you aboard and I hope you enjoyed your second SPL win more than your first. Now let's win ADVPL together too :3

VII: THE CHARIOT - BIHI (8937): The Maestro. IL MAGISTER. I'm not sure how, but you won tiebreaker sets vs the two best records... in a tier you don't even main?! Taking names in 3 different tiers this tour, it's no surprise that you are one of the best players on the site right now. When you weren't schooling Pietro in first to 5's, you were constantly innovating the DPP metagame and building some incredibly fun and solid teams. I'm so glad we retained you, as you were pretty much a guaranteed win in any week where hax didn't play a big role (sadly too many). I know you were not always very happy with my performances in the battles, and I'm glad you stepped up when it mattered to win where I couldn't. Thank you for the carry.

VI: THE LOVERS - Punny (9003): Many words to say about you. Some of them start with an F. Such as Friend. Let's go with that one. Despite all the bullying and harassment you put me through this season, I'm glad we won this together. You're a very mean human being but I like talking to you anyway so I'll excuse it. You're obviously a great player and 6-5 isn't your best performance oat but you showed up big multiple times when it mattered so you pulled your weight anyway :3 also daily reminder that omi is a flop

XXI: THE WORLD - H.M.N.I.P (12197): Another raiders FRANCHISE BUY. The heart and soul of our team. While you had your first negative team tour record ever, I hope the experience was all but that. For us as your teammates it certainly was. Helping out in almost every tier (and actively griefing the rest of them) and being an 11/10 chat presence, it's safe to say that 9k for 0-2 was a steal. When you're not busy womanizing every pretty Italian girl in Rome you're a blast to have around, and I hope we can run it back again soon.

XV: THE DEVIL - 100percentpureheat (13264): I initially had my reservations about teaming with you, but those soon turned out to be misguided. When certain figures aren't around you're actually a pretty pleasant guy, and I definitely enjoyed talking to you, whether that be in general to make fun of Tricking or in call to scream every time Bleach won. Despite you getting absolutely farmed in DPP week one (embarassing god damn), you showed everyone how it's done in SS, and put up big wins in both of your playoff games (including arguably the biggest win of the tour vs Stresh). You didn't get to play either of your tiebreaker games, and maybe that's for the best if we look at a certain game from last year, but I had full faith that you would've won both of them if it got to that point. I'm glad we got to pricefix you onto our lineup, as you were a welcome addition to the squad both in record and in presence.

XII: THE HANGED MAN - xray (13737): A season of firsts for you. First time making playoffs in SPL, first time winning a trophy, and sadly also first time going negative. I know you would've loved to close out the season in that game 10 vs CBB, but you put up many important wins regardless. Fighting off tough luck and unovercomeable matchups all season, I'm honestly surprised you ended up with a record as good as you did. But I guess I shouldn't be shocked, as you truly have proven over the past few years that this is your tier. I hope you enjoyed your first trophy win, as we all did enjoy having you around, and I'm sure you'll be back to your 7-2 ways next season.

II: THE HIGH PRIESTESS - Aliss (16114): Going to use my own section, like last year, to shout out some RBY people. I will save one name for later though. spies whenever you read this, thanks for chatting with me about the tier and games all season. It's always fun to talk to you and I'm glad you're doing better right now. Thanks for always rooting for me too (except vs chuva heh). Heroic Troller FriendOfMrGolem120 chuva de perereca thank you for pushing this tier to its limits with 3 unbelievably impressive records this tour. All three of you are a pleasure to watch and an absolute headache to play, and I'm glad that you're actively contributing to slowly but surely turning around the main consensus on RBY being a luck gen. The rest of my opponents: thank you for the good games. Whether I won or lost, I truly enjoyed every single one of them. This tier is wonderful and although I don't intend to play it in SPL again, I do hope to play it much more in the future. Nails Sceptross HML am Melanie uwu Vileman MetalGro$$ (hope I'm not forgetting anyone here): RBY friends who make this tier extremely enjoyable. I know some of you won't read this for a very long while or maybe ever, but I appreciate all of the conversations we've had, whether about RBY or other things. Much love.
Finally, I want to say that 3-7 is obviously not the record I was hoping for, and I could've done many things better this season, but I do think I put in good effort, and don't regret not working harder or things like that. I was simply outplayed multiple times by stronger players, and that makes me happy, to see the community and playerbase of the tier strong like this. Thank you, RBY.

0: THE FOOL / X: WHEEL OF FORTUNE - Tricking (21635): Thank you for picking me up last year and this year again. I didn't quite put up the record you expected me to but I hope you can see that I at least tried. Please don't put me in RBY ever again though oh my god these people are too good. People give you a lot of shit and didn't believe in you as a manager (see: 10 in PR) but like last year, I want to say that you did a great job. You helped a lot with every tier you play (which isn't a lot tbf, pork one-trick) and even managed to make Punny go positive. Most importantly, you kept the team going. I think the server must have thousands of mentions of your stupid catch phrases like PORK FUCK and by the end only half of them were from you. From making fun of your awful amumu to arguing over whether focaccia is bread, you definitely made the chat livelier every time. You weren't always around much due to your irl being busy, but the last 3 weeks your schedule luckily cleared up and you were of great help during both tb's and the finals. Again, thank you so much for picking me up, not just for the trophy but mostly for the extremely fun tour.

I: THE MAGICIAN - elodin (22161): The leader of the Magneton. I'm honestly surprised to see your linecount so high, but I suppose you did spend a good amount of time building teams just to trash them minutes later anyway. I always knew you would do well with the BW support we had on the team, but you put up an absolutely stellar performance that blew everyone away. For that, we are very thankful. I'm definitely also thankful for the fun times we had talking, as you're an incredibly nice and funny guy. I hadn't teamed with you and thus hadn't talked to you much before this, but you positively surprised me in every way. You also were present in almost every call, so were there for all of the best raiders moments. I hope you had as great a time this season as I did meeting you.

V: THE HIEROPHANT - Raiza (43987): Finally, our supreme leader. At almost double the lines of the next most talkative person (well over 2x if you include the manager chats), you were absolutely everywhere. Even in the tiers you understand a bit less about (cough RBY) you did all you could to help prep, test, comment on things that looked off to you and could be improved. What I said to Tricking also counts for you: many people didn't believe in you as a manager, but just like last year you went above and beyond to secure victory for us. We can't thank you enough for that. Between the malding the two of you were a great duo, and I hope to see you manage together sometime again. If not, I'm glad to have won the red together on your last go. Thanks for the season, cap'n.

These are gonna be shorter probably, as I've been writing a lot. Sorry

Serpi: I can't even start to stress how important your help from week 8 onwards was. While I myself only won one game with your help, you greatly contributed to both BIHI and emma's undefeated RBY records, and were great help with both playoffs games I lost anyway. You're an amazing player, and one of the greatest minds in the tier right now. You went absolutely above and beyond to help a team that you weren't on, and your help was incredibly valuable. Playing friendlies and practice games with you is always an incredibly instructive experience, as you're willing to go in detail on the plays you make and you always have a smart thing to say. From the bottom of my heart, thank you for everything you did, I can't stress enough just how much it was.

bbeeaa: You joined at the end of the season and were a big reason for why our SS put up that 8-0 in playoffs. You're clearly one of the best players on the site right now and you know it. While others with a big ego can get quite annoying, you know how to keep it casual and funny, and that makes you an enjoyable guy to have around. Congratulations on the 23-5 season.

Niko: Despite being a bigot, it was nice to have you in chat, when you weren't beefing with absolutely everyone on the team. Like bea, you helped our SS a ton, so thank you for that.

LuckOverSkill: Walter AKA everyone's favourite Italian. Thank you for joining the team yet again, you're always lovely to have and make these tours more fun. Thank you for all of your help as part of the Magneton too. See you next year, hopefully..

Micaiah Kibo Corckscrew MONNA LUSA: The remaining Italian's. We didn't interact too much but I hope you enjoyed watching Tricking mald at League whenever all of you were in call. Thanks for joining regardless.

fran17: The most important Italian aka THE TALISMAN. Joining us after week 2 truly turned our season around thanks to your black magic. GRZ IL 17

EDIT: OMFG I KNEW I FORGOT SOMEONE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
-Howkings: Stephen!! IM SORRY!!! Our third manager :) you didn't deserve to be forgotten as you were absolutely great, offering help in every tier despite knowing absolute zero about most of them. You were a great presence and great motivation, I'm sure you'll do very well captaining Italy this year if they let you :)

Mostly just gonna group people together and just list a couple per group bc im tired, sorry.

Moon chat: chlo London13 Kolohe and the others: thank you for being some of my best friends on this site. love u all so much <3
Kpop chat: talah Bouff starry blanket Posho passion and all the others: one of the spaces i feel safest to talk to about whatever's on my mind, due to how amazing y'all are as friends. thank you <3
Golducks chat: gum mncmt Expulso omi cy and the others: i didn't join here too long ago but i love you all you're extremely funny thanks for making my days better u silly little gays

Sage Thank you for everything. I love you

To end with a quote:
"Le vent se lève... il faut tenter de vivre!"
fin

Last edited:

Raiza

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a defending SPL Championis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
World Defender
It's cool to have won this after coming so close some years ago. GGS to the Sharks, yet another final coming down to the wire, you guys have players that are long overdue for a SPL win. Like any other season this was a rollercoaster, we started by doing poorly but I knew our team had potential, we had a mix of proven players and cheap buys that could've performed above expectations, it was just a matter of finding our optimal lineup. Once we did things started clicking and we found our groove alongside important wins that put us in a good spot to make playoffs. From there our lineup had the tools to compete against and beat any other team if we prepared games properly and played up to our potential. This may or may not be the end of a journey, despite winning there are things we learnt that can be applied in future experiences, the feeling is similar as last year as there are many things that we can improve upon. As for the guys on our team, I'm glad you all got the chance to play at least one game and I hope you all had a good time, a long season like this can take its toll on anyone but you persevered and made all the efforts worth it.

Gtcha Surprise of the tournament for me, not much to say other than the fact you played like a beast this tournament. When Tricking brought you up before the auction I I wasn't immediately sold on buying you, but you have far exceeded my expectations, also being a pleasant chat presence (if you're familiar with spanish) and having by far the most exciting games in the tournament (I can't remember a game of yours where we weren't all on the edge of our seats). I share Trickings sentiment that you win these kind of tournaments with cheap buys that end up performing very well, and while it was very much the case here I believe you have what it takes to keep putting up consistent results, as there are margins of improvement.

BIHI When I thought about managing again this year I had no doubts that I wanted to do it having you as the foundation of our team. You wanting to SS at the start didn't make much of a difference to me because of your great showing in SCL, and in the back of my mind I knew you would've been willing to swap if the team was struggling, which is what ended up happening. Opposite to gtcha you haven't been a surprise, I already knew from last year how well you approach this kind of tournament. I believe you were the player that took prep the most seriously, never there have been issues during the week, always having ideas / teams ready early, testing consistently, and the mindset going into games was also right. This showed especially in the two RBY tiebreaks that you had to play, not only you were willing to take up the challenge but you adapted quickly to the tier by putting in the work required.

elodin I knew you would've been a good pick after I saw your posts in the BW forums during and after last years SPL, that showed me you liked putting effort in the tier and had a good understanding of it. This coupled with your teamtour experience and knowledge in other tiers as well made it an easy pick for that price. I would be lying if I didn't say you made me and the other bw dudes lose a lot of hair, but I also would be lying if I said you didn't have a great season, so I guess the countless tests and ideas / teams we posted just to change idea every day were worth it in the end.

Punny It was a great feeling knowing we got one of the best if not the best sm in the pool for cheaper than we expected, you started the season doing amazing then hit some bumps along the road and started getting a bit discouraged, but I knew you are near unstoppable if you don't get horrid mus so I asked you to pull through and you did, clutching important wins in both W9 and semis and playing the finals game down to the wire. Overall even though you got unlucky at times you still had a good season and played some great games, so thanks for that.

100percentpureheat I appreciate the fact you didn't take being subbed to heart after putting in effort before the season started in learning DPP. Despite being on the bench you stayed motivated so I was sure from W5 onwards you would've performed as well as you usually do. I do think you could've gotten an even better record and won some games more easily had you not sabotaged yourself with some builds, but you know your shit in SS and your approach ended up working more often than not so you still had our full trust. It feels like you got a bit burned out on mons towards the end of the tournament which is understandable, you are still a pork for not posting your scheduled times and for preparing some of the games the way you did. I'm glad you got the win after coming so close last year, you were an active chat presence and a funny guy too.

TJ Despite being known mostly as a mainer I knew that you were a good player in general, having played you before, and that you also had previous experience playing OU in tournaments. I also heard only good things about you as a teammate from your past experiences, so when we were nearing the end of the draft and we were looking for a 3rd SS/Substitute you seemed like a great value pick, given I was confident that you were willing to put in the work to get better and help your teammates regardless of if you were starting or not. You didn't betray our expectations, instead you exceeded them, putting up a solid number of wins with clutch ones coming in semis and finals, and at the same time making an amazing run in OST which further established you as a solid SS player. You also did your part outside of the game, rallying up the SS troops at times when they got lazier, making speeches early in the season to up the morale (although mine and Trickings are still better), and sharing the burden of making scouts with me and emma.

xray Your season didn't end exactly as you wanted to but you still played quite well throughout the season and had some impressive games (your regular season game against CBB is one of the cleanest we've played). I'd also like to think going negative uncursed you in some way and made you win SPL by reversing what happened in your previous seasons. A mix of shitty matchups and instances of bad luck prevented you from keeping your positive streak but I'm sure this will be an isolated occurrence and you'll go back to your winning ways in the next SPL. Regardless you're one of the most deserving SPL winners, glad to have fullfilled your highest priority of being on a playoff team this year.

Jimmy Turtwig You were a great asset for us last season and I had a good time preparing BW with you so I knew we would've tried to get you again. Originally we were planning to buy you for BW again but we were also aware of your proficiency in all the tiers you listed in your signup, so when we ended up getting elodin for a good price we were confident slotting you in GSC, especially after you told me you were comfortable playing it. The season didn't go as smoothly as the last, despite having good GSC knowledge you hadn't played for a bit, and so it took you some time to get warmed up to the tier (in hindsight a dedicated support to help you grind just like in BW last year could've gone a long way). Some choices in game and team wise (looking at you Gengar sets) could've been different, your record was also stained by some unfortunate circumstances, but in the end you've been a pleasant teammate all the way through so I'm happy we won this after last year.

Hclat We didn't go for you right away since you mentioned you would've most likely been inactive for the first half of the season, that said despite being busy you were still willing to join our teamchat just like last year and help our ADV player, so when we had the opportunity to get you at mids I had no doubt that we were going to. This was another slot where I was sure we wouldn't run out of ideas or teams, your creativity puts you at an advantage against other players but it can also be a double edged sword when it gets too crazy. You took over one of the raiders' most cursed slots and reversed the trend, ending with a neutral record including a huge win in finals. I'd like to consider you a two-time raider despite not being on the team officially last year, so it's cool winning this together along with the other two-timers.

Aliss RBY wasn't your tier of choice going into this tournament, and as I said to you before draft we were planning to buy you to play another tier, however the RBY prices were unexpectedly high and you performed well for us last year, so we decided to run it back. While the RBY pool was tougher this time around, I also believe you aren't bad, you have what it takes to be competitive in this kind of pool if you go into games with the right mindset (just because you're facing a strong player it doesn't mean the loss is a given), use your resources (timer among the others) and you dont let yourself get tilted by the circumstances. Outside of the in-game malding you have been an active and good chat presence as usual, it was funny seeing people say you and 100 would've never been able to team together and then switching back to our server and seeing you guys talking.

emma MARRONE. Last but not least pick of our draft, I already knew you were an hard worker from your past teamtours so when you were brought up I accepted picking you up. I'm glad you got to play a series and clutch an important win because you deserved it for all the work you've put in during the season, carrying scouts and playing a big part in our RBY prep. At one point you got a bit more inactive but I know you have your reasons, still thank you for all the contributions and for being an active chat presence until then.

Sadlysius Sadlysus. Cat enjoyer and arguably most pleasant chat presence of this SPL. Also an important talisman but more importantly a good ADV player. You were tasked with one of the hardest starts of a season OAT, having to play ABR w1 and Ojama w2. You didn't shy away from the challenge, prepared appropriately and could've even gotten something better than a 0-2 had things gone more our way. I wish you got to play more games but I'm happy you got that dope win against Star before mids. Your ADV inputs have been fundamental and were a big part of our prep always being ready and on point. Hope to see you play more on the big stage in future tours.

Dizno The last of our ADV heads. A man of few words, you weren't the most talkative but I still appreciate the help you provided to Sadly and Hclat. Happy you got the chance to play at least one even if your game against Altina wasn't the most fortunate by any means, you'll have opportunities to play more games if you stay active and put up good individual results.

Shoka You were our BW starter in many of our draft plans, so even though we already had elodin for BW I didn't think you deserved to go undrafted, plus having an extra hand in BW prep and a backup for eventual subs / tier swaps was always going to be useful. While we ended up not doing any tier swaps or longterm subs I'm certain you have the capability to start BW for any SPL team, and that you would've put up a good record had you been a starter. Also appreciate you being available to sub in on short notice against the ruiners. Hopefully that red trophy is good compensation even though you didn't get to play as much as you wanted to.

H.M.N.I.P I know you wanted to not end with a negative record and make yourself useful, but know that even if you were subbed in other circumstances you would have been a starter for the whole season, you have the skills not only to start in any team but also to go positive playing a whole season (we already know your strengths as a super-sub). Having said that, irl commitments do not help but you have to prepare games better and avoid arriving at the day of the game without knowing what to use. Remember to join stours otherwise you aren't making playoffs, god willing we'll see eachother in WCOP. NIP COP 2 TROPHY.

Vaboh You were of great help at the start of the season, playing whenever you got asked to, clutching an important win vs the BIGS and building a team that won multiple games for us. At some point in the season you died and went inactive, I'm not sure what exactly happened but I hope you're good now, you are a good player / builder and I wish you kept yourself involved.

devin It sucks that you got banned in the middle of the season. For the relatively short time you were in our server I appreciated your contributions both in game and outside, you played your two games well and also helped a bunch with teams and prep. I didn't want you to leave our server because I knew your help could've still been valuable but I also had the feeling you wanted to stay away from Smogon for a while so I let you be. You would've had a good season, your performances in previous tours showed that you are a good SS player, good luck in your future endeavors if you decide to come back once your ban expires.

Tricking il perdono cristiano implica il pentimento di chi ha peccato. Come mai, però, sulla croce Gesù chiede al Padre di perdonare tutti coloro che lo martoriavano, insultavano e lo prendevano in giro, senza che si fossero ravveduti della loro malvagità? Rispondi cazzo

~

-Howkings You've already received too many compliments. Thank you for your inputs, both useful (rare) and useless (often) ones, for your words of encouragement that have raised morale at times and for the tests played in almost every tier. As I told you before you can be a good manager, sometimes you get excited and you start writing and meddling a little too much, which can be bad especially if you don't know much about the tier you're trying to help. Having said that I hope this has been a great opportunity for you to see how Tricking and I manage, if you keep managing smaller tours and doing well its likely that sooner or later you will have your chance.

bbeeaa Niko Thanks for providing our SS core with teams / ideas / fixes as if you were on the team yourselves. When you weren't busy malding at someone you guys made many of the teams that we've used during the season and so a good bit of the merit for our great results in SS and thropy win goes to you as well.

Serpi You provided a huge boost to our RBY prep, having an established and experienced RBY player such as yourself join in and be that willing to help with tests and thorough tips allowed us to compete with strong opponents and gain the upper hand in tiebreaks.
MetalGro$$ You on the other hand just jerked around and didn't do much LOL, but you were still cool having around as an ex-raider, thanks for making the chat more lively.

fran17 We started the season not having you in the server, you cursed us and we started the season doing poorly, so we had to invite you to lift the curse and let us win a week. One of the TALISMANS, thanks for crafting all the memes and keeping the mood lighthearted with your jokes.

LuckOverSkill Another teamtour another teamchat with Walter, hopefully this isn't the last. Thanks for always being a great chat presence, and while you don't play much these days your BW help is always appreciated.

Micaiah Kibo MONNA LUSA alcuni TALISMANI, altri un po' meno TALISMANI.

Enzonana. Pais Prinz hellpowna Fakee cholera90 N1 FANS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)