Lotad & Bulbasaur Enthusiast
If you wish to play in the Smogon Premier League, you must sign up in this thread. The Smogon Premier League is an 11 week event at minimum, and has the potential to stretch on a bit further depending on tiebreak situations. Only sign up if you can be active for the majority of this time, as a high level of activity is expected. This includes several things, such as communicating with your team and getting your games done, and maintaining a competitive attitude even after your team has already been eliminated. It is in your own best interest to show off your best side. For general guidelines on what to do and what not to do, refer to Luigi's guidelines here.
A reminder of rulings that hold true for this year, and some new ones:
- Managers are allowed one (1) assistant Manager.
- Teams are only allowed three (3) retained players from last year's SPL.
- Retention rights may not be traded.
- Players may not be traded at any point (NEW)
- Midseason signups are restricted to people that signed up for the original auction.
- The minimum number of players in a team is 14.
- The maximum number of players in a team is 24.
- There will be a severe penalty for any team that picks up a known alt of a banned player, or any player masquerading as another person to lower their cost in the auction. This has not been a big issue in the past, but it is important to establish that both parties will be penalized immediately and harshly if they are found doing so.
If you wish to sign up, please use the following format:
It is absolutely pivotal that you sign up using the above format, as we will use an external tool to parse signups and push into the spreadsheets. If you have anything else to say or wish to shitpost, do so in the commencement thread!Player Name: Boat
Tiers Played: SS OU
The tiers this year are SS OU, SM OU, ORAS OU, BW OU, DPP OU, ADV OU, GSC OU and RBY OU.
If you are interested in playing, be aware that any team may buy you, and you are expected to play for any one of them. Only list tiers in your signup that you are willing to play. While these aren't binding for the entire tour, it will affect how the managers will see you, and you are expected to play them if necessary. If you would not consider seriously playing a tier in a tournament, do not list it. Do not make dumb joke posts about playing tiers you don't care for.
(NEW) During the first four weeks of SPL, players are only allowed to play in the tiers listed in their signups post. We will not be enforcing this rule for anyone with a price tag of 3k. This should help lessen the effect of game fixing, as it addresses the most problematic abusers, and will not drastically change draft plans days before the auction.
You are generally expected to participate in your team's Discord. While we understand that activity levels may vary, this is the core portion of SPL, and what makes it fun. Your team's Discord server is where your team will hang out, discuss strategies and just have fun without worrying about the game. This is where teams come together (or fall apart), and likely the most integral part to the entire tournament.
Signups will remain open until 48 hours before the auction's set time, December 17th at 3:30 PM EST (GMT-5)
For everything else, refer to the Commencement Thread. Have a great season, everyone!
player signups sheet
Last edited by a moderator: