Smogon Premier League XIII - Semifinals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
ngl lie: the forum banning of both ojama and tc is retarded and the people that did so should rethink their life priorities.

stop getting fake boners for banning competitive people and step down. no1 thinks ur cool.
stop getting offended about every minor shit that people say (especially so if in private chat groups).

lame ass smogon used to be about playing mons in a competitive environment. lets go back to that please.

dad has spoken.
Nice try.

BREAKING NEWS: I HAVE BEEN TOLD TC IS NOT INNOCENT. I retract my previous statement.

Free Ojama.

Now, dad has spoken.

D30E3B5A-5C36-447B-9DF3-A6DF83AD5EA0.jpeg

Last edited:
ngl lie: criticizing the forum banning of both ojama and tc is retarded and the people that did so should rethink their life priorities.

stop getting fake boners for defending racist, homophobic and transphobic people and step down. no1 thinks ur cool.
stop trying to defend every fucked up shit that people say (especially so if in private chat groups).

lame ass smogon used to be about playing mons in a competitive environment. lets go back to that please. (won't change this part because I would also rather we go back to just playing mons instead of feeling the need to drop hard n- or f-words in an attempt to be offensive and then playing the victim card when you get punished, not to mention the wannabe (or already are) bigots defending such behavior)

reasonable human being that doesn't feel the need to be an asshole to others due to their skin color, sexual orientation and gender identity has spoken.

stop getting fake boners for defending racist, homophobic and transphobic people and step down. no1 thinks ur cool.
stop trying to defend every fucked up shit that people say (especially so if in private chat groups).
Nice point ! Only problem is, we don't actually know what Ojama was banned for, as this was as un-transparent as always. Once I will be able to make my own idea and see that he is what you described, I will stop defending him and people like him. Until then, I won't.

Last edited:

Flex OKLM

Banned deucer.
ngl lie: criticizing the forum banning of both ojama and tc is retarded and the people that did so should rethink their life priorities.

lame ass smogon used to be about playing mons in a competitive environment. lets go back to that please. (won't change this part because I would also rather we go back to just playing mons instead of feeling the need to drop hard n- or f-words in an attempt to be offensive and then playing the victim card when you get punished, not to mention the wannabe (or already are) bigots defending such behavior)

reasonable human being that doesn't feel the need to be an asshole to others due to their skin color, sexual orientation and gender identity has spoken.
A lot of bullshit in one post, you are definitely one of the most hypocritical users on the site so stay in your place. Most of the smogon bans are unjustified so don't get all drama queen on me because you couldn't take a joke, some players get banned because they are supposedly "transphobic" or "homophobic" when they are not, you just want to see what suits you, well, you're just pathetic so shut up forever.

Ojamas goons strike again

Niko

is a Tiering Contributoris a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender

wow, you are good at talking at the guts of people. a bit less when it comes to using the brain to make an argument that goes beyond a 2th grade school level. "killers are bad people" high five bro, but this is not what we are talking about. there is a difference between supporting a behavior and disagreeing with the way that behavior is treated/punished. if you don't understand this, you don't deserve arguing about anything. you deserve to just spend the rest of your life in one of the halves of the virtual line you created to divide yourself and those you despise.

you are offended at something someone else said? MAKE. THEM. FUCKING. NOTICE. reasonable human beings can make mistakes. decent human beings recognize them and apologize about them. this is how you solve social problems since ever, but you decided that it is better to just delete them. the same way people you are supporting now was treated historically, this is fucking hilarious! not only you do not understand the importance of communication in dealing with like the 99% of social problems, you are also so absolutely disconnected from reality. you do not understand how people thinks, you do not understand how people interacts with other people, you don't understand what drives people's action. and so the only objective parameter you have left to judge people are the words, the form of communication instead of its meaning. and that will always, inevitably, lead you to misinterpret.

of course im generalizing and not referring to everyone, but this is nothing new in an online community, a lot of young people or people that has some difficulty finding their place irl tends to agglomerate in communities like this one. and they are usually particularly sensitive (moreover, young people and people with weak irl social life has more time to spend on here fighting "political" battles). this is usually balanced by the action of moderators that SHOULD be experienced people acting like "social glue" to keep the peace. instead, the moderators - or the majority of them - we have now suffer the same frustration of the people they try to defend (in the wrong way) for personal - or political - reasons, and this make impossible for them to be unbiased.

this is killing any opening to the dialogue. and it really doesn't matter if you believe it shouldn't be smogon's target to re-educate people through dialogue into being better persons. it's not about it. it's just about having an united and enjoyable community instead of one divided in two hateful parts. this is not about ojama and thunder cebra. this is about the entire site. you are ruining it for real and every month it is worse. if you don't see this, or if you think that this post i dropped is an attack instead of just a desperate try to open your eyes, for sure"any hope for redemption is thrown out the window".

About a matter that is specifically relevant to me: being homophobic wont ever hurt some people, even using myself as example: I dont care if you think gays should die, should not exist or if you spend your lifetime spreading pathetic jokes that only you and your not-very intelligent friends find funny enough. You will need to deal with me being a great player and being part of all the tournaments i want, while i act in the most edgy possible way whenever i want too, as reflection (at least in public chats), and dont even bother caring to all this bullshit since my mind at this point in life is very well armored. I dont even think you are worthy my time anyway. In real life I got a family that supports me, have leadership position on my job and been very confident, as gay a man. Either way, not spreading this kind of shit means more than being politically correct...
of course im generalizing and not referring to everyone, but this is nothing new in an online community, a lot of young people or people that has some difficulty finding their place irl tends to agglomerate in communities like this one. and they are usually particularly sensitive
Using this text of someone that seems to be ok with beating "minorities" in the internet, even if he knows partially how some of 'em tend to mentally feel about it, ill tell that many people around cant be themselves (specially if we change the matter and talk about trans prople), are working on it and/or just havent hit the point in life to get enough self confidence to come out, and might think about how they are [insert negative adjectives that fit to what anxious or depressive people tend to take as reality] every single day of their lives. Reading public comments in chat, or logs from known players/users WILL feed their insecurities, traumas and will complicate their processes. If you arent empathetic enough to respect it in a game community, a place that players tend to go for interactions or have a fun moment in the day, you should yes, get punished. Not everyone will have strength to argument against shit, or talk about their problems, they arent even forced to it, and its why we need a staff/moderation doing their part and being incisive. Same applies to racism, im not in this place of speech so wont ever argument about it, but respect works in every situation.

Obs: I literally dont know what ojama or tc said, but reading some reactions around on top of 2022 made it clear to me that we still need to talk about respect and empathy. Its not about dialogue, we dont need to dialogue about existence.

Last edited:

Niko

is a Tiering Contributoris a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
About a matter that is specifically relevant to me: being homophobic wont ever hurt some people, even using myself as example: I dont care if you think gays should die, should not exist or if you spend your lifetime spreading pathetic jokes that only you and your not-very intelligent friends find funny enough. You will need to deal with me being a great player, while i participate in all the tournaments i want and act in the most edgy way possible whenever i want too, as reflection, in public chats, and dont even bother caring to all these shit cause my mind at this point in life is very well armored and i dont think you are worthy my time anyway. In real life I got a family that supports me, have leadership position on my job and been very confident, as gay a man. Either way, not spreading this kind of shit means more than being politically correct.

Using this text of someone that seems to be ok with beating "minorities" in the internet, even knowing part of how some of 'em tend to mentally feel about it: many people around cant be themselves (specially if we change the matter and talk about trans prople), are working on it or just havent hit the point in life to get enough self confidence to come out, and might think about how they are [insert negative adjectives that fit to what anxious or depressive people tend to take as reality] every single day. Reading public comments in chat, or logs from known players/users WILL feed their insecurities, traumas and will complicate their processes. If you arent empathetic enough to respect it in a game community, a place that players tend to go for interactions or have a fun moment in the day, you should yes, get punished. Not everyone will have strength to argument against shit, or talk about their problems, they arent even forced to it, and its why we need a staff/moderation doing their part and being incisive. Same applies to racism, im not in this place of speech so wont ever argument about it, but respect works in every situation.

Obs: I literally dont know what ojama or tc said, but reading some reactions around on top of 2022 made it clear to me that we still need to talk about respect and empathy. Its not about dialogue, we dont need to dialogue about existence.
i am genuinely happy that you are confident and satisfied with your life. you are right in almost anything that you expressed in your post except that you posted it as if the only way to prevent sensitive people from being hurt is to ban people at the first wrong log you see (and the part where you assume that im ok with beating minorities on the internet, that i will ignore because its based on nothing). the sensitivity of the others has to be respected, but this doesn't mean that if you get hurt by something that would only hurt you and a couple other people it's my fault. StepC was banned for calling "sir" a trans user without knowing she was a girl. I got banned for misgendering someone and then fixing my mistakes 3 seconds later. this is beyond any definition of reasonable. let's also add that most of the logs that get people banned are literally LOOKED FOR. there is people going around to find bannable logs of people they don't like, and there is people creating fake accounts to join private chats looking for bannable logs. if this was only about sensitivity, people wouldnt go around looking for stuff that could make them feel bad. there is bad faith in some of this shit.

elodin
this is not about ojama and thunder cebra.

Last edited:

elodin

the burger
is a Tiering Contributoris a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
wow, you are good at talking at the guts of people. a bit less when it comes to using the brain to make an argument that goes beyond a 2th grade school level. "killers are bad people" high five bro, but this is not what we are talking about. there is a difference between supporting a behavior and disagreeing with the way that behavior is treated/punished. if you don't understand this, you don't deserve arguing about anything. you deserve to just spend the rest of your life in one of the halves of the virtual line you created to divide yourself and those you despise.

you are offended at something someone else said? MAKE. THEM. FUCKING. NOTICE. reasonable human beings can make mistakes. decent human beings recognize them and apologize about them. this is how you solve social problems since ever, but you decided that it is better to just delete them. the same way people you are supporting now was treated historically, this is fucking hilarious! not only you do not understand the importance of communication in dealing with like the 99% of social problems, you are also so absolutely disconnected from reality. you do not understand how people thinks, you do not understand how people interacts with other people, you don't understand what drives people's action. and so the only objective parameter you have left to judge people are the words, the form of communication instead of its meaning. and that will always, inevitably, lead you to misinterpret.

of course im generalizing and not referring to everyone, but this is nothing new in an online community, a lot of young people or people that has some difficulty finding their place irl tends to agglomerate in communities like this one. and they are usually particularly sensitive (moreover, young people and people with weak irl social life has more time to spend on here fighting "political" battles). this is usually balanced by the action of moderators that SHOULD be experienced people acting like "social glue" to keep the peace. instead, the moderators - or the majority of them - we have now suffer the same frustration of the people they try to defend (in the wrong way) for personal - or political - reasons, and this make impossible for them to be unbiased.

this is killing any opening to the dialogue. and it really doesn't matter if you believe it shouldn't be smogon's target to re-educate people through dialogue into being better persons. it's not about it. it's just about having an united and enjoyable community instead of one divided in two hateful parts. this is not about ojama and thunder cebra. this is about the entire site. you are ruining it for real and every month it is worse. if you don't see this, or if you think that this post i dropped is an attack instead of just a desperate try to open your eyes, for sure"any hope for redemption is thrown out the window".
this might be hands down the stupidest post i've read all year, which is saying a lot.

the shit the user you're defending has said goes way beyond "reasonable human being mistakes" like you're trying to put it. also he has never apologized for it. spamming the hard r and the hard f words are not attitudes we should condone ever, and they also wouldn't be condoned in real life. you're implying staff's punishment is over the top when in reality the shit said by users like ojama and lavos are literally criminal, and they could legitimately to to jail for doing so in real life in certain contexts. what's the need for dialogue here? they're not making any mistakes. they're grown ass 30 year old men who like spewing hate speech because they think it's funny. lol.

not only is it not a reasonable mistake, but they also don't view it as one. it's straight up targeted hate speech. also just so you know, this isn't a case of one particularly "sensitive" user feeling offended. everyone in the community should feel offended when people spread hate speech like it's no big deal. it's fucking embarrassing.

Last edited:
i am genuinely happy that you are confident and satisfied with your life. you are right in almost anything that you expressed in your post except that you posted it as if the only way to prevent sensitive people from being hurt is to ban people at the first wrong log you see (and the part where you assume that im ok with beating minorities on the internet, that i will ignore because its based on nothing). the sensitivity of the others has to be respected, but this doesn't mean that if you get hurt by something that would only hurt you and a couple other people it's my fault. StepC was banned for calling "sir" a trans user without knowing she was a girl. I got banned for misgendering someone and then fixing my mistakes 3 seconds later. this is beyond any definition of reasonable. let's also add that most of the logs that get people banned are literally LOOKED FOR. there is people going around to find bannable logs of people they don't like, and there is people creating fake accounts to join private chats looking for bannable logs. if this was only about sensitivity, people wouldnt go around looking for stuff that could make them feel bad. there is bad faith in some of this shit.

elodin

if its not about ojama tc which at least was somewhat spl related then stfu and go elsewhere this is spl semifinals, respect the competitors and refrain from turning their thread into a shitshow

looking forward to see most matches and there's plenty of people i'm going to cheer for. first time i'm somewhat excited to watch some tour games in months, good luck friends :heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)