Smogon Premier League XIII - Week 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD

Welcome to the thirteenth iteration of SPL, SPL XIII. In this tournament, 10 teams containing the most top levelest players on Smogon duke it out every week, attempting to gather as many wins as they can to reach playoffs. Most of them will fail, but one will win everything. Whatever the case the matches will be exciting, so without further ado here are tournament rules and the matchups!

Tournaments Rules and General Guidelines

Matchups

Cryonicles (5) vs (5) Circus Maximus Tigers

SS OU: 1 True Lycan vs Separation
SS OU: Storm Zone vs Eternal Spirit
SS OU: mncmt vs beatiful
SM OU: Lusa vs Sabella
ORAS OU: Spl4sh vs jonfilch
BW OU: Raichy vs Finchinator
DPP OU: Kristyl vs Tamahome
ADV OU: Ojama vs Teclis
GSC OU: Conflict vs Zokuru
RBY OU: Groudon vs Amaranth

Indie Scooters (4) vs (6) Dragonspiral Tyrants

SS OU: Gefährlicher Random vs Leo
SS OU: Niko vs Eeveeto
SS OU: Leru vs HSA
SM OU: ima vs frisoeva
ORAS OU: Raptor vs Santu
BW OU: blarghlfarghl vs Gilbert arenas
DPP OU: Sakito vs Christo
ADV OU: mikmer vs ABR
GSC OU: Fear vs TC
RBY OU: Serpi vs FriendOfMrGolem120

Ever Grande BIGS (5) vs (5) Congregation of the Classiest

SS OU: ez vs MichaelderBeste2
SS OU: lax vs Luthier
SS OU: INSULT vs Ruft
SM OU: z0mOG vs London Beats
ORAS OU: pj vs erz
BW OU: watashi vs SoulWind
DPP OU: mael vs snøfall
ADV OU: Altina vs johnnyg2
GSC OU: Maya Chansey vs Garay oak
RBY OU: Hayburner vs Mako

Stark Sharks (5) vs (5) Alpha Ruiners

SS OU: bro fist vs MAX UND MAX
SS OU: mind gaming vs Ox the Fox
SS OU: robjr vs xavgb
SM OU: Welli0u vs Skypenguin
ORAS OU: CrashinBoomBang vs Luigi
BW OU: crucify vs dice
DPP OU: DeepBlueC vs Malekith
ADV OU: Pheo' vs M Dragon
GSC OU: choolio vs Kenix
RBY OU: Heroic Troller vs chuva de perereca

Wi-Fi Wolfpack (4) vs (6) Team Raiders

SS OU: Nat vs Vaboh
SS OU: talah vs 100percentpureheat
SS OU: Trosko vs Gtcha
SM OU: Relous vs Punny
ORAS OU: Persephone vs xray
BW OU: GaryTheGengar vs elodin
DPP OU: Void vs BIHI
ADV OU: Star vs Sadlysius
GSC OU: soulgazer vs Jimmy Turtwig
RBY OU: Nails vs Aliss

Deadline: Sunday February 6th, 9 PM EST (GMT-5)

Cryonicles (0) vs (0) Circus Maximus Tigers

SS OU: 1 True Lycan vs Separation
SS OU: Storm Zone vs Eternal Spirit
SS OU: mncmt vs beatiful
SM OU: Lusa vs Sabella
ORAS OU: Spl4sh vs jonfilch
BW OU: Raichy vs Finchinator
DPP OU: Kristyl vs Tamahome
ADV OU: Ojama vs Teclis
GSC OU: Conflict vs Zokuru
RBY OU: Groudon vs Amaranth

Indie Scooters (0) vs (0) Dragonspiral Tyrants

SS OU: Gefährlicher Random vs Leo
SS OU: Niko vs Eeveeto
SS OU: Leru vs HSA
SM OU: ima vs frisoeva
ORAS OU: Raptor vs Santu
BW OU: blarghlfarghl vs Gilbert arenas
DPP OU: Sakito vs Christo
ADV OU: mikmer vs ABR
GSC OU: Fear vs TC
RBY OU: Serpi vs FriendOfMrGolem120

Ever Grande BIGS (0) vs (0) Congregation of the Classiest

SS OU: ez vs MichaelderBeste2
SS OU: lax vs Luthier
SS OU: INSULT vs Ruft
SM OU: z0mOG vs London Beats
ORAS OU: pj vs erz
BW OU: watashi vs SoulWind
DPP OU: mael vs snøfall
ADV OU: Altina vs johnnyg2
GSC OU: Maya Chansey vs Garay oak
RBY OU: Hayburner vs Mako

Stark Sharks (0) vs (0) Alpha Ruiners

SS OU: bro fist vs MAX UND MAX
SS OU: mind gaming vs Ox the Fox
SS OU: robjr vs xavgb
SM OU: Welli0u vs Skypenguin
ORAS OU: CrashinBoomBang vs Luigi
BW OU: crucify vs dice
DPP OU: DeepBlueC vs Malekith
ADV OU: Pheo' vs M Dragon
GSC OU: choolio vs Kenix
RBY OU: Heroic Troller vs chuva de perereca

Wi-Fi Wolfpack (0) vs (0) Team Raiders

SS OU: Nat vs Vaboh
SS OU: talah vs 100percentpureheat
SS OU: Trosko vs Gtcha
RBY OU: Nails vs Aliss

Last edited by a moderator:
This week there will be a real Smogon cracker. In the duel between the always great greats and the congregation of the noblest, a real hammer is in the offing: MichaelderBeste2 (MichaelderZüberbeste) and simply meet each other. The young top talents are highly valued at the moment and are on the way to establishing themselves as the undisputed top players in the Smogon community. It comes as it had to come, the two rough diamonds face each other in a bitter fight. But who will laugh last? We're broadcasting this once-in-a-lifetime encounter live on smogtours.psim.us, tune in!

Niko

is a Tiering Contributoris a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
This week there will be a real Smogon cracker. In the duel between the always great greats and the congregation of the noblest, a real hammer is in the offing: MichaelderBeste2 (MichaelderZüberbeste) and simply meet each other. The young top talents are highly valued at the moment and are on the way to establishing themselves as the undisputed top players in the Smogon community. It comes as it had to come, the two rough diamonds face each other in a bitter fight. But who will laugh last? We're broadcasting this once-in-a-lifetime encounter live on smogtours.psim.us, tune in!
Rooting for Gefärlicher Random

yone

Wi-Fi Wolfpack vs Team Raiders

SS OU: Nat vs Vaboh , my vgc partner let's goooooo
SS OU: talah vs 100percentpureheat , close pairing, can't say
SS OU: Trosko vs Gtcha , goooo bleach !! v proud of u
RBY OU: Nails vs Aliss , can't predict RBY

yone

Here to protest against what happened to Devwin.

First of all, this guy is not my buddy, just someone I knew on the forum and who for all is incredibly nice and open to discussion, whether to talk about Pokemon or not and we know he was very (very) invested on the forum in recent years, you banned him to not hear from him anymore but people will continue to play his teams so somehow his spirit lives on.

But enough laughing, let's get to the facts...

So, the rules say that a banned player can't contribute to his team, and he for being banned without any transparency and therefore left, is once again punished, that makes non sense lol, in wartime you would have no penalty for shooting a dead soldier in the head.

I'm going to epilog quickly on the number of rules that most of the staffs don't respect and it's going to make you laugh, for all those who read this post I don't know about you but it makes me laugh at all to be in a "safe place" which is anything but a "safe place" but a place that makes you socially dependent to then stab you in the back.

So, according to this thread:

https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/global-forum-rules.3689811/

"Senior Staff would like to continue to make this site a great place to play Pokemon and develop relationships.

So, if you see something, say something. If a moderator is abusing their powers, let someone (preferably a Super Moderator or Admin) know."

Let who know? The abuse of power is too much and forgive me for not throwing out a name for today but, I already have 2 infract points hahaha, I doubt the staff and I include those of the forum and discord give a shit about relationship development anymore, people just get fake badges to keep them happy and quiet, held on a leash by a nice custom avatar, but the truth is that you have left a lot of emotionally and morally destroyed people behind, comforting yourself in your private servers that it's "just the internet" and that's why I'm sick of it, anyway I'm going to get the hell out of here and find another game with a welfare community.

Allow me to be disappointed not to see yall react, same for the others, stop complaining only in your private discord, they are not going to eat you, look at me I have the guts to do it, if you are thirsty for justice like me, finish the works under my post.

Gentlemen, ladies,

Have a nice day :)

Why the current TD team has not been demoted yet? I'm sure there are more experienced and enough competent people at making decisions. I really don't understand how tournaments should be always hosted from people that always do the same mistakes. Regular users will always be punished but I don't see why nothing is done with TDs when they abuse of their power: I don't see the logic of this decision to punish more Devin. Basically you banned him and you pretend him to try to be active? W T F.
I don't really believe that the majority of tournament community or generally of the playerbase feels represented from this TD team. I think that this decision must be canceled to save the credibility of the TD team or generally of the site.

EDIT: today it can be devin but remember that this can happen to everyone. Nobody wants to be victim of trash decisions from TD

Last edited:

Seasons

Sassy Sunshine
is a Forum Moderator
The idea that a player gets banned from a tournament and is then expected to keep putting effort into something he has nothing to gain from is ridiculous. There's literally no incentive for him to keep investing time and work into this tournament.

Also, despite being banned and unable to play, he is still considered a part of the team? Because that would go against the first two lines in your policy.

"The Tournament Directors agree that forum bans should be enforced in tournaments. As users in this thread have pointed out, it's not only a bad look to have a banned user winning a trophy but it's a weird exception to the ban that is not found elsewhere in Smogon."

So, if Devin is considered a part of the Raiders, he would win a trophy, while one of the leading arguments for even enforcing the forum ban in tournaments is that banned users shouldn't be able to win trophies. Makes no sense.

If he is not part of the team, he is not affected by "minimum activity expectations" or whatever because he's literally not a part of the team.

Flex OKLM

Banned deucer.
the tds are incompetent and have been abusing their power for far too long and it's quite sad, they show total hypocrisy and if they don't change their behaviour i should be forced to make a post denouncing the hypocrisy shown by the tds with supporting evidence, you've been warned you bunch of clowns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)