Hello! The Replay Vault is a short video series where we highlight funny, impressive, or otherwise notable replays throughout the years, edited together with some nice visuals and music. Basically, we'll be taking the best parts of a replay, including chat where it fits, slap on some good Pokémon remixes and graphics to go with it, and voila: The Smogon Replay Vault. These will be posted to our Facebook and Twitter accounts, most likely once a week (SUBJECT TO CHANGES!!!) on Monday. Here's an example to showcase what this series is all about:
Now this is where YOU
come in! We would like you to submit your replays, your friend's replays, your enemy's replays, your parent's replays, and even your grandma's nephew's dog's replays! Any and all replays that you think are worthy enough to be showcased to everyone. Now, we won't be able to show every single replay that's submitted, so we'll just list some criterias that we'll be looking for when selecting ones for showcasing:
- Length - We would prefer to keep these videos around 1 minute long, so the highlight of the replay can't be too many turns, though parts of the less important turns can be sped through.
- Chat and nicknames - No inappropriate nicknames for the Pokémon on either side. If the chat is important to show for the replay, it or the users' nicknames can't be too inappropriate or insulting, but a few swears isn't the end of the world.
- No low ladder/skill - Everyone isn't good at this game at first, so we don't really want out people who might be new to it all. Teams might be their favorite in-game Pokémon or they might just use 4 Fire-moves on their Charizard and attack a Heatran with it. This one is sort of just up to our discretion in the end, so it might not be enforced super strictly.
- Tournament replays - We're also interested in showcasing highlight games or plays from the various tournaments on our forums, official or not, so feel free to submit those as well with maybe a link to the tours and the week/playoff in question.
To make it easier for everyone, we want YOU
to follow this simple template when submitting your replays (just re-use the template within the same post if you have multiple replays you want to submit), as it will condense all the information we could want in a nice way:
- Replay link
- Turns of interest to highlight
- Short description of what happens
- Any preferences of chat or other parts being important to showcase
We'll go through this thread periodically and reply to replays in batches that we find good enough to feature. Those submissions that aren't chosen will be deleted to save up some clutter in the thread, though it will notify you that your replay wasn't chosen. We won't be notifying when each of the approved submissions will go live, you'll just have to watch each week until yours pop up.
That should be everything for now, hopefully you'll find this to be a fun thing to do! Feel free also to join our Discord server
, we have a dedicated chat for this!