Smogon Simple Questions & Suggestions Thread

Hi I just started an I started playing with my friend. Does multiscale not procc multiple times in a battle? It only worked once against technician +1 sord dance scizor's xscissor even though I got max HP multiple times with roost and leftovers. I eventually lost because he crit eventually and my roost run out.

Tuthur

formerly laevin
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Hi I just started an I started playing with my friend. Does multiscale not procc multiple times in a battle? It only worked once against technician +1 sord dance scizor's xscissor even though I got max HP multiple times with roost and leftovers. I eventually lost because he crit eventually and my roost run out.
While roosting Dragonite lose the Flying-type thus its Bug resistance and takes twice more damage from X-Scissor, so it makes up for Multiscale.

Kaiju Bunny

♥・゚: * ̄(♡ㅅ♡❀) ̄
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Good morning! I had actually asked this before, but I think it just kinda got swamped by other questions, so I figured I'd shoot my shot and ask again :bloblul:
For context, when any part of a specific forum is unread, the forum itself is marked in bold, whereas read forums are not (example below)

To get rid of the bold, you either have to read every individual thread in said forum or simply mark the forum(s) as read. While continuously marking forums as read isn't too much of a hassle, it can get a bit repetitive c': is there perhaps maybe a way to "mute" certain forums/subforums/threads so you don't have to go through the process of marking them as read in the first place? Appreciate it either way!

Would it be possible to get the models for the newer Gmax forms implemented into the method where you go :ss/pokemon:?The minisprites are implemented into the :pokemon: feature,but the models aren't.The ones I've found don't work are:
:ss/urshifu-gmax:
:ss/urshifu-rapid-strike-gmax:
:ss/venusaur-gmax:
:ss/blastoise-gmax:

Is there anyone that is good with making DS-style sprites? I'm working on a fangame and development has been really slow due to lack of manpower.

Quite Quiet

only madness
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TFP & Tour Head
quick question about tournaments. in cases in which a tournament has subs, is it convenient to claim the act before the week ends in order to schedule or does the player get to battle said sub in the. next week?
Subs should happen quite a while before the round deadline is. For example in a week-long round I would expect subs to happen on Wednesday/Thursday at the latest. That is to let the subbed in player play within the same week round as anyone else. That's generally how this works.

I have two unrelated questions:

What does the "np:" at the start of suspect test threads mean?

What's the "Preact rewrite" I keep seeing mentions of?
The Preact rewrite is a rewriting (new writing?) of Showdown's code being run by Zarel. I imagine you see this most often in the Suggestions subforum, since a lot of the requested features will be available with the new client (Preact) and aren't with the current one, or something to that effect.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)