Smogon Simple Questions & Suggestions Thread

Yeah so I got banned for some reason it said I had the same IP adress as someone else who got banned called Pokestar123 or something and since we were sitting near eachother it banned me to because his Ip location adress was the same
How can I let the server owners know this was a mistake?
Also, in the PS rules, they say don’t complain about people on public WiFi, where most spam happens.
Still, ask a GMod.

Elec.

we're gonna get funky
is a Pre-Contributor
Hi how do I get a voice account and how do I play in tournaments?
to join most tournaments you simply go to the signup thread on the forums and post "in" on the thread, tournaments based on ps alone just have you click the join button during its signup phase. if youre talking about getting voice smogtours, just pm a leader (&) online your smogon profile and get voiced that way (you have to have a month old smogon account i think), though if youre talking about ps main server though, getting voice requires you to be active across multiple rooms generally, and present yourself as a helpful user throughout the server, more info on getting voice on ps can be found here.

to join most tournaments you simply go to the signup thread on the forums and post "in" on the thread, tournaments based on ps alone just have you click the join button during its signup phase. if youre talking about getting voice smogtours, just pm a leader (&) online your smogon profile and get voiced that way (you have to have a month old smogon account i think), though if youre talking about ps main server though, getting voice requires you to be active across multiple rooms generally, and present yourself as a helpful user throughout the server, more info on getting voice on ps can be found here.
Yeah, it is correct that your smogon account has to be at least a month old to get voice on smogtours. Also, remember to follow the directions on the "How to get voice" article, which is linked on the smogtours banner, Ricky._.tan .

If a player report system would be too complexe, reducing the amount of time allowed between plays and after disconnection would solve a cheating issue : too many players (almost half of those I fight) just disconnect before loosing or just stop playing and wait until the time runs off, hoping people wont stay to claim their victory. This kills the fun and may falses some rank. The insults can be ignored, but not 2min and a half of long waiting, killing your fun and the few minutes of free time you have and chose to spend on pokemon showdown. That sucks and discourage the more serious and advantages the kidos still under their mom's skirt. That's too bad and a shame for a such community and wonderful system. (sorry for mistakes, I'm francophone)

Sorry, the pokemon analysis discussion pages? I want to mention something about the Ditto analysis that seems they forgot to mention, regarding Ditto's low speed. It's not only necessary for mirror matchup, it can come in handy for other cases, especially at the start of the battle or in a double KO:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7ou-352641
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7ou-352642
This would go in the Analysis discussions page, which can be found here

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 0)