Smogon Simple Questions & Suggestions Thread

i'd ask a mod to get help with that
thats the thing tho, I apealed the ban, they immediate block me from making tickets or chatting directly with mods.
Are there mods from that site on this site?

Heres what happened:

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-833768399

I want room public, opp wants room private. After I win we both stay in the room and /ioo on and off for a long time. Eventually mod comes in and shuts down the room.

Then this conversation.
ronquavious tabo: hello
ronquavious tabo: i have a question....?
&HoeenHero: hi
&HoeenHero: if someone wants it private they can have it private
ronquavious tabo: HoeenHero did you delete my room?
&HoeenHero: yes
ronquavious tabo: why did you delete it?
&HoeenHero: to prevent it from being made public again
ronquavious tabo: butI wanted it public
ronquavious tabo: way does his opinion matter more?
ronquavious tabo: im just wondering
&HoeenHero: you can still link your friends the replay if you want
ronquavious tabo: i know
ronquavious tabo: but why are yall catering to his wants?
ronquavious tabo: and not mine?
&HoeenHero: and technically the code should prevent one side from overriding the other's private status
ronquavious tabo: theres nothing in Global Rules
ronquavious tabo: this kinda smacks of favoritism towards that guy
&HoeenHero: thats my call on it, based on the code and you can still link the replay anywways
ronquavious tabo: that was a good win for me and Iwant it public.
&HoeenHero: so, drop it
ronquavious tabo: why does his wants matter more than mine?
&HoeenHero: i explained it already im not doing it again
ronquavious tabo: he wants it private to be difficult, I want it public cause it was a milestone
&HoeenHero: drop the issue or your getting locked
ronquavious tabo: I just think my reason is more valid
ronquavious tabo: youve never answred my question, you beiing totalitarian, just like that guy bayb
ronquavious tabo: why favor one user over the other?

Then immediately banned, I appeal, double secret probabtion, boom, now Im here. Are there any mods on this site who are also mods over there? I really feel like my appeal should at least not be a sham half seccond fake appeal.

Merritt

literally the textbook definition of a tsundere
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
well its a long story, but its ends with me being banned. :( Unfairly I believe.
Here's the Pokemon Showdown SQSA thread.

If you're specifically looking to appeal your ban then don't use that thread. Follow the instructions below.

If it was a room specific punishment then you need to contact the roomstaff of that room to appeal. Use /roomauth [ROOMNAME] to find who are the staff in that room.

If it was a server wide punishment (AND NOT A ROOM PUNISHMENT) then read this post and follow the instructions there to make an appeal. Again. Read the entire post. Don't skip right to making the appeal without reading the entire post.

Quite Quiet

sleep life away
is a Tournament Directoris a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
Articles Co-Leader
...what

The original reason was cleared up in the appeal that was posted in the PS forum. I've gone ahead and deleted all the posts that kept on pressing this, and also for some reason brought up sex?? Continuing this is pointless, and might get you infracted on the forums too, so please don't.

Estronic

simple geometry
I have a question, I wanna suggest something for a room on ps, found the forum for it, yet I don’t know how to post. I swear I found a forum somewhere about it once. Where is it? If there isn’t one, what format do I post in?

Is there any way to see a complete list of tournaments whose signups are currently open? I think it's annoying that some tournaments get posted in the tournaments forum and some get posted in a Smogon Metagames subforum.

Reactions: MDB

antemortem

proliferation of spirits
is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Contributoris an Administratoris a Top Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Live Chat Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Admin
What happens next when an OM idea is passed 2/2?
Taken from the Rules & General Information thread in the Other Metagames forum:
scpinion said:
Step 5) Once the submissions team has given you 2 Quality Control (QC) stamps, it goes to the OM forum moderators (this will be signified with a "Pending" tag). The mods will offer additional critiques and give a final approval/rejection. It takes two approvals from the forum moderators to get your metagame approved!

Step 6) Once your submission has been put through the review process and received a full approval, it will be tagged as "Approved". You will then be given a specific date to post your OM. Make sure you follow the metagame template below and affix "approved by moderator(s) name" at the top so the community knows you followed the forum rules. We will also tell you if your submission goes in the main Other Metagames forum or the Pet Mods subforum at the time of approval.
Your thread appears to have gone quite some time without moving to the next step, so you may need to tag the Other Metagames mods (E4 Flint / The Immortal / Ransei) in your thread with a gentle reminder that you'd like them to review it so you can proceed.

Out of interest. Is there a reason that the name change rules include a user posting over 100 messages as its main condition? The account 'CZ' has been inactive for over 10 years now. I, personally, think that 10 years is enough time to override the 100 message rule. Hopefully?

I also own the PS account for CZ, and am only known by that to everyone. This occasionally makes it confusing/difficult for tour hosts and when people are trying to contact 'CZ'.

Last edited:

Yoshi

And so the adventure begins.
is a Pre-Contributor
Out of interest. Is there a reason that the name change rules include a user posting over 100 messages as its main condition? The account 'CZ' has been inactive for over 10 years now. I, personally, think that 10 years is enough time to override the 100 message rule. Hopefully?

I also own the PS account for CZ, and am only known by that to everyone. This occasionally makes it confusing/difficult for tour hosts and when people are trying to contact 'CZ'.
You have over 100 posts anyway, I don’t see the problem.

To answer the question generally, it’s so some guy who has 2 posts and suddenly doesn’t like his name decides to take an inactive name and then never login again (or other similar situations).

Merritt

literally the textbook definition of a tsundere
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
You appear to have misunderstood the conditions for a name change.

You cannot request a name change if you (the person requesting the name change) have less than 100 posts. If you don't have a badge, then you cannot take another user's name under any conditions, number of posts or activity they have not being relevant.

You appear to have misunderstood the conditions for a name change.

You cannot request a name change if you (the person requesting the name change) have less than 100 posts. If you don't have a badge, then you cannot take another user's name under any conditions, number of posts or activity they have not being relevant.
Ah, perhaps I did misread the 100 posts rule. I was aware of the badge requirements, it was more of a question related to the subject matter mentioned. However, I might have got that wrong it seems.

Edit: Oh, wait.
"you may take the name of an existing account ONLY IF
the account with the username you want has not been logged into for 3+ years, AND
the account with the username you want has less than 10 posts."

It appears to be even stricter rules than I originally thought, so my original post still stands if tweaked from 100 to 10 posts. Apologies for the misinformation and confusion originally.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 1)