Smogon Simple Questions & Suggestions Thread

Ruft

Let's cut loose
is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Won OST Predictions
How many evs do people run on Conkeldurr? I know people run a certain amount to beat clefable but then some clefables run some speed too.

What is the usual speed creep investment for conkeldurr?
The standard Conkeldurr spread in SS OU is Adamant 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe (reaching 189 Speed), but some people have started to run Jolly (reaching 207 Speed) in response to people EVing Pokemon like Clefable and Primarina to outspeed Adamant Conkeldurr.

Questions like these should be asked in the OU subforum though: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/simple-questions-simple-answers-thread.3656259/

The standard Conkeldurr spread in SS OU is Adamant 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe (reaching 189 Speed), but some people have started to run Jolly (reaching 207 Speed) in response to people EVing Pokemon like Clefable and Primarina to outspeed Adamant Conkeldurr.

Questions like these should be asked in the OU subforum though: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/simple-questions-simple-answers-thread.3656259/
Thank you very much. Apologies for that. I only started using smogon recently im still a little lost sometimes. Ill make sure to post my questions about OU there in the future :)

Is teleport supposed to be able to bypass block? On bulpabedia it says it fails unless it has a smoke ball and teleport is not listed on the block page of moves that bypass it either.

Ruft

Let's cut loose
is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Won OST Predictions
Is teleport supposed to be able to bypass block? On bulpabedia it says it fails unless it has a smoke ball and teleport is not listed on the block page of moves that bypass it either.
Pokemon have always been able to escape from Block and other trapping methods by using pivoting moves like U-turn, Volt Switch, Baton Pass, etc., including Teleport this generation. Smoke Ball is an item that guarantees the holder to be able to flee from wild Pokemon in-game (even when trapped), it's not relevant to competitive battling.

Pokemon have always been able to escape from Block and other trapping methods by using pivoting moves like U-turn, Volt Switch, Baton Pass, etc., including Teleport this generation. Smoke Ball is an item that guarantees the holder to be able to flee from wild Pokemon in-game (even when trapped), it's not relevant to competitive battling.
If teleport only started being able to escape block this generation, it should be added to bulpadedia and smogon's description for block, because it's not listed on either.

Ruft

Let's cut loose
Won OST Predictions
If teleport only started being able to escape block this generation, it should be added to bulpadedia and smogon's description for block, because it's not listed on either.
Well, that makes sense because Teleport only got a competitive use in player-vs-player battles this generation; it fails when used in prior generations. It has always had a use in-game to flee from wild Pokemon though.

EDIT: But yes, I agree it should be added to the generation 8 description.

Last edited:
Well, that makes sense because Teleport only got a competitive use in player-vs-player battles this generation; it fails when used in prior generations. It has always had a use in-game to flee from wild Pokemon though.
How does it make sense for the gen 8 pokedex of a move affecting the most used mon in gen 8 not be accurate? I just lost a game because I tried block with the expectation that the smogon and bulbapedia entries were correct.

Attachments

Hello hello, sorry if it's a too general question, but how can i have good matchup against offensive teams?
No need to be too complete, if you give me a short reponse with the most common ways to deal with them, it should be enough, thanks!
Priority and choice scarf users will do well due to the fast and frail nature of offense. Remember that offense is about momentum, thus playing in a fashion that takes away the opponents momentum is the best way to beat offense.

Since someone happened to bring it up,

Does Stench stack with moves that already can make the opponent flinch? (Like Stench mon uses Rock Slide. Does Rock Slide have a higher percentage of flinch?)

Since someone happened to bring it up,

Does Stench stack with moves that already can make the opponent flinch? (Like Stench mon uses Rock Slide. Does Rock Slide have a higher percentage of flinch?)
"Stench: This Pokemon's attacks without a chance to flinch have a 10% chance to flinch."

No it doesn't stack

Rosa

Light Blue Ingénue
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
1589079602840.png

How did I get notified by this? I've never once looked at, posted in, or watched the thread previously- Nor have I ever met or interacted with the person who made the notification.

I am, actually!
That was what I was thinking.

The post you got a notification from was originally posted as its own thread in the suggestions section and later got moved into the thread you describe. I was thinking Smogon gave you a notification about the post being posted in suggestions and kept that notification when the post got moved.

Good day friends. I wan't sure where to post this but here goes. Just wanted to update you on my friend code since I deleted my old save files and began a fresh new save. My old Friend Code:1693 - 7050 - 7274, has now changed to : FC: 2681-6099-6184. Also my in-game name changed from (Muhannad) to (Motower).

Also, if anyone is interested in trading with me, I do have some rare shiny events free of charge and available at any time. Just PM me if you are interested in trading. Have a wonderful day friends. :)

Is there a list of gen 7 USUM tutor moves that did not become gen 8 TMs/TRs?
In no particular order:
  • Heal Bell
  • Defog
  • Bind
  • Shock Wave
  • Block
  • Last Resort
  • Worry Seed
  • Covet
  • Bug Bite
  • Snatch (snapped)
  • Recycle
  • Spite
  • After You
  • Synthesis
  • Signal Beam (snapped)
  • Gravity
  • Telekinesis (snapped)
  • Magnet Rise
  • Role Play
  • Water Pulse
  • Aqua Tail
  • Pain Split
  • Tailwind
  • Endeavor
  • Focus Punch
  • Laser Focus
  • Magic Coat
  • Gastro Acid
  • Super Fang
  • Sky Attack
  • Dual Chop
  • Knock Off

Yo anyone know wtf happened here? I moved before the ttar and used disable on the ttar's Rock Slide, but he used crunch. But it failed...? Next turn he used it again and it worked. I have no idea lol.
Apparently it was a 1v1 so your opponent might have accidentally targeted its mate slot, and so the move failed because there was no target. Can't be sure without replay but it might explain everything

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)