Smogon Simple Questions & Suggestions Thread

There is currently no way (that I can tell anyway) to put text below a table if the table was created on the bottom line break. If you want to put text below a table but realize you've created it on the last line, you must delete the entire table, put in a line break or two, and then remake the entire table from scratch.

I made this table after the text immediately below it.

I wrote this text after the first line, but before the table above it. I didn't HAVE to write this before the table, but I did have to have the line ready.

I wrote this text after creating the table it's in. Try as I might, I cannot write any text below this table, because it was on the bottom line.

There is currently no way (that I can tell anyway) to put text below a table if the table was created on the bottom line break. If you want to put text below a table but realize you've created it on the last line, you must delete the entire table, put in a line break or two, and then remake the entire table from scratch.

I made this table after the text immediately below it.

I wrote this text after the first line, but before the table above it. I didn't HAVE to write this before the table, but I did have to have the line ready.

I wrote this text after creating the table it's in. Try as I might, I cannot write any text below this table, because it was on the bottom line.
You can toggle BBcode off and type the text after [/TABLE].

1594682476220.png
1594682502995.png
1594682443683.png

EDIT: Speaking of BBcode, [plain] lets you show off [B]bbcode[/B] in text, including that same [plain]. Here's a table!

[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD]wood[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
legs

I agree that it's not an intuitive solution in the simple editor though.

Last edited:
One thing I wish to do sometimes is import multiple teams at once without needing to backup/restore all my teams (which are in an unhelpful format). Is there a way to do this?

Screen reader user here. After coming back to try PS, I noticed that it was screen reader accessible. I've been playing on and off and I've noticed quite a few quirks that hinder my ability to respond as soon as I could. Some even actively disrupting me from selecting an option.
I'm not sure if this is a PS or a screen reader issue. If anyone is willing to help, I can give a list of the issues I've discovered.

Quite Quiet

1 + 1 = 3
is a Tournament Directoris a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TFP Leader
Screen reader user here. After coming back to try PS, I noticed that it was screen reader accessible. I've been playing on and off and I've noticed quite a few quirks that hinder my ability to respond as soon as I could. Some even actively disrupting me from selecting an option.
I'm not sure if this is a PS or a screen reader issue. If anyone is willing to help, I can give a list of the issues I've discovered.
PS has an always-ongoing work with screen reader support, but it usually comes down to a lack of personal experience for most to address serious issues with it. The best place to explain the current issues you are facing is probably https://github.com/smogon/pokemon-showdown-client/issues/954, but if you don't have an account (or aren't interested in making one) then you could also post in here https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/bug-reports-v4-read-original-post-before-posting.3663703 explaining the issues.

Hello i'm a new player so forgive me if this is not the right place to ask this but:

Where can i find the viability rankings of the previous generations? for example VR of Gen 7 PU(also i'm not just looking for VR of Gen 7 PU, i want to know how to find the viability rankings of all of the tiers of every generation)

Ryota Mitarai

Shrektimus Prime
is a Smogon Media Contributor
Hello i'm a new player so forgive me if this is not the right place to ask this but:

Where can i find the viability rankings of the previous generations? for example VR of Gen 7 PU(also i'm not just looking for VR of Gen 7 PU, i want to know how to find the viability rankings of all of the tiers of every generation)
this has the links to the Gen 7 metagames. From there, find your desired metagame (in this case, PU) and find the VR thread.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)