Smogon Simple Questions & Suggestions Thread

If you get moderator approval to post in a forum, how do you do it? Do you post in the forum first, and then the mod writes that it is approved? Or do you post, and write in your post that the moderator approved it?

Oathkeeper

I always thought there was a spark between us!
is a Tutoris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributor
If you get moderator approval to post in a forum, how do you do it? Do you post in the forum first, and then the mod writes that it is approved? Or do you post, and write in your post that the moderator approved it?
The latter. This is what I have done with all my projects on here. I just put it in the upper left part of the beginning post in size 9 font as: approved by [insert TL or moderator here]

better swsh sprites
this is the grookey sprite if i put the :groookey: :ss/grookey:
and this is the sprite from serebii

the serebii sprite looks better overall. while the smogon one may move, it still has that weird black border thing
you could implement the moving sprite with the serebii borders

Kalalokki

wobbly
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Live Chat Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administratoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Social Media Head
better swsh sprites

the serebii sprite looks better overall. while the smogon one may move, it still has that weird black border thing
The reason we use the bordered versions is because we try to emulate the 3DS rendering, since that works better in a smaller format like what PS! uses. It also means they look more coherent with the old 3DS-style sprites that we already use.

better swsh sprites

Someone is currently working to render Gen 8 Pokemon in a true 3DS style, as opposed to just a super downscaled Switch style. Not sure when their work will be implemented, but once it is, that Grookey sprite will look much less ugly.

eu estou jogando na gen 7 OU com um time hyper offece e falta um pokemon, não sei o que colocar
os pokemons são:
skarmory
mimikyu
bisharp
greninja-ash
medicham-mega
alguma sugestão?

Oathkeeper

So this has been going on for a couple of weeks but I'm having trouble with it loading I left both tabs open to see if either would fully load for about 3 days and it didn't work. Every day I've gone back and it still didn't work, and I don't believe I've been banned or anything, so what could the issue be? Help please!

Attachments

where can i find tiering suggestions?
Pokemon can change tiers only by usage stats (which are here), quick bans, or suspect tests. Quick bans are done by tiering councils. Suspect tests are done in threads like this one, but unfortunately I don't think there's one place that has a list of all ongoing suspects. Councils occasionally post "on the radar" threads (like this one) where people can discuss whether something is worth suspecting.

I see this forum has lots of thingies and stuff I probably don't know. I want to improve my teambuilding, is there any teambuilding school/tutoring or whatevs that is open? Preferably with gen 8 in mind.

Oathkeeper

I see this forum has lots of thingies and stuff I probably don't know. I want to improve my teambuilding, is there any teambuilding school/tutoring or whatevs that is open? Preferably with gen 8 in mind.
Here's the forum for tutoring: https://www.smogon.com/forums/forums/battling-101.42/

Just bear in mind that openings aren't 100% always there. Be patient tho, they will open up again!

My Clefable used Wish, then fainted and Dragapult didn't get its HP restored. Is this the expected behaviour of Wish?

Turn 29
lisboa_pt has 30 seconds left.

The opposing Magneton used Thunderbolt!
(Clefable lost 67.8% of its health!)

Clefable used Wish!

Turn 30

The opposing Magneton used Thunderbolt!
(Clefable lost 22.8% of its health!)

Clefable fainted!
lisboa_pt has 30 seconds left this turn.

Go! Dragapult!

Turn 31

Fortesque90 withdrew Magneton!
Fortesque90 sent out Silvally (Silvally-Fire)!

Dragapult used Hex!
(The opposing Silvally lost 29% of its health!)

Turn 32

Dragapult used Hex!
(The opposing Silvally lost 16% of its health!)

The opposing Silvally fainted!

Fortesque90 sent out Magneton!

Lily

dreaming of sleighs
is a Tutoris a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
UU Leader
My Clefable used Wish, then fainted and Dragapult didn't get its HP restored. Is this the expected behaviour of Wish?
yes, if your clefable had fainted the turn it used wish then dragapult would've gotten it (as long as it didn't faint too) but because your clefable fainted the turn it was supposed to receive the wish, the wish is just cancelled in general

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 1)