Smogon Simple Questions & Suggestions Thread

My Clefable used Wish, then fainted and Dragapult didn't get its HP restored. Is this the expected behaviour of Wish?

Turn 29
lisboa_pt has 30 seconds left.

The opposing Magneton used Thunderbolt!
(Clefable lost 67.8% of its health!)

Clefable used Wish!

Turn 30

The opposing Magneton used Thunderbolt!
(Clefable lost 22.8% of its health!)

Clefable fainted!
lisboa_pt has 30 seconds left this turn.

Go! Dragapult!

Turn 31

Fortesque90 withdrew Magneton!
Fortesque90 sent out Silvally (Silvally-Fire)!

Dragapult used Hex!
(The opposing Silvally lost 29% of its health!)

Turn 32

Dragapult used Hex!
(The opposing Silvally lost 16% of its health!)

The opposing Silvally fainted!

Fortesque90 sent out Magneton!

Lilburr

oíche shamhna shona duit!
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
My Clefable used Wish, then fainted and Dragapult didn't get its HP restored. Is this the expected behaviour of Wish?
yes, if your clefable had fainted the turn it used wish then dragapult would've gotten it (as long as it didn't faint too) but because your clefable fainted the turn it was supposed to receive the wish, the wish is just cancelled in general

sawamura

Elian and Lemmy are my Dirty Husband
is a Tiering Contributor
Determining your GXE is basically the percentage of profit you can achieve. The more wins in a row you get on the ladder, the higher your GXE. If you lose, it will obviously go down, represents your skills as a player

hey uh i tried uploading a gif avatar of volcarona and on my end it came out really glitchy. i tried a gif of scizor to see what happened and its still glitching. is this just an issue on my end or do gifs not work rn?

sawamura

Elian and Lemmy are my Dirty Husband
is a Tiering Contributor
Try to download in MP4 mode and then use an Online To Gif converter and then Upload it to your Avatar. Surely you are entering an incorrect URL This page is Good for Charge the Gif Gifyu

Kalalokki

i have obtained dem leaks
is a member of the Site Staffis a Top Social Media Contributoris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Live Chat Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Social Media Head
hey uh i tried uploading a gif avatar of volcarona and on my end it came out really glitchy. i tried a gif of scizor to see what happened and its still glitching. is this just an issue on my end or do gifs not work rn?
I believe transparency in gif avatars on this forum do work poorly for some reason. I've experienced it myself and it has probably something to do with the forum software itself, meaning it's unlikely that it can easily be fixed.

I believe transparency in gif avatars on this forum do work poorly for some reason. I've experienced it myself and it has probably something to do with the forum software itself, meaning it's unlikely that it can easily be fixed.
ohhhhhh yea yea all the gifs i tried were transparent. ok i will keep that in mind if i find one thats not lol!

chimp

Link Together With All
I have a problem with my Smogon notifications where I just won't get notifications for threads and forums that I am watching. I believe I asked this question once and was told that you don't get notified for new posts if you ignored a notification for a previous post in the same thread. However, I still get some notifications for threads/forums I haven't clicked on in years, while some threads that I check every time, like the OU Discussion thread, just straight up stop appearing no matter how active I am in the thread. Is this some sort of glitch or is there some secret to it?

Kalalokki

i have obtained dem leaks
is a member of the Site Staffis a Top Social Media Contributoris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Live Chat Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Social Media Head
I have a problem with my Smogon notifications where I just won't get notifications for threads and forums that I am watching. I believe I asked this question once and was told that you don't get notified for new posts if you ignored a notification for a previous post in the same thread. However, I still get some notifications for threads/forums I haven't clicked on in years, while some threads that I check every time, like the OU Discussion thread, just straight up stop appearing no matter how active I am in the thread. Is this some sort of glitch or is there some secret to it?
If notifications are wonky, then it might actually be XenForo's fault itself. Tried googling for some general XenForo queries about watched threads/forums notifications, but didn't find anything in particular. Could try that route yourself and see if you get any luck.

The Dutch Plumberjack

ace of wands
is a member of the Site Staffis a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator
C&C & TFP Leader
Sometimes this is caused by post deletions ftr, since alerts are tied to specific posts; if someone replies to a watched thread, someone else posts after, and the initial post is deleted, then the "new post" notification disappears into the void alongside it. Afaik there's not really a good fix to this within xf's current alert code unfort, only thing you could do is check https://www.smogon.com/forums/watched/threads occasionally.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)