Smogon Simple Questions & Suggestions Thread

Ivy

resident enigma
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor
Where can i find a list of mini-sprites?
Ironically enough, all the menusprites on Smogon are in a single CSS sheet image. As far as I can tell, you have to take them from another website.

Reactions: Lou
Sorry, the pokemon analysis discussion pages? I want to mention something about the Ditto analysis that seems they forgot to mention, regarding Ditto's low speed. It's not only necessary for mirror matchup, it can come in handy for other cases, especially at the start of the battle or in a double KO:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7ou-352641
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7ou-352642
This would go in the Analysis discussions page, which can be found here

Last edited:
Suggestion: On the damage calculator, something messed with my friend in an important battle. The damage calculator already assumes the value of Download before boosts. Can you change that, or see if there's a way to enable or disable it in the calculator? Because in battle, natural instincts would say 'ok, +1 attack' not thinking about download, and that'd make it +2 basically, which majority changes calcs, making all calcs with download mons harder to do through habit.

Kalalokki redirected me here, but concerning the Smogon forums, in the profile section, there's an area to mention your real name, but not one about your PS! name. Not all Smogoners have their PS name and it'd be convenient for tournaments and such for your opponent to know your PS! name. Also in the contacts section of your profile, can Discord be added? It's definitely one of the more popular ways to connect nowadays and deserves a spot on there.

Deleted User 400951

Banned deucer.
Is the old status message (not CT, the old thing that would appear underneath the CT when you'd hover under someone's name) on the list of things to add back?

fanyfan

i once put 42 mcdonalds chicken nuggets in my anus
I hope this is allowed here, because I have a question about banned users’ profiles, not about the banned users themselves.

As someone who likes to go back and read old posts, I encounter a good amount of posts from banned users. The most common thing to do seems to be their name crossed out, a revert back to the default avatar, and a “banned deucer” ct. Despite this, there are a good amount who don’t follow the listed above. Some still retain their avatar, some still have a different ct, some aren’t even crossed out. If I could ask, what causes this inconsistency in the banned users’ profiles?

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Definitely a bug; My Marowak was still doing Thick Club Damage despite being tricked Choice Specs

https://prnt.sc/ip18p1
The Marowak had an attack boost from Swords Dance. I can faintly make out a green stat modifier behind the numbers for speed under "opponent sees" and its movepool shows that it has already used Swords Dance once. So it would still be at x2 Attack.

Edit: By the way, if you know for certain that something is a bug, try posting it in the Bug reports thread. If you're unsure, try asking in the Simple Questions thread or the Help room on PS

Havens

WGI World Champion
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
The Marowak had an attack boost from Swords Dance. I can faintly make out a green stat modifier behind the numbers for speed under "opponent sees" and its movepool shows that it has already used Swords Dance once. So it would still be at x2 Attack.

Edit: By the way, if you know for certain that something is a bug, try posting it in the Bug reports thread. If you're unsure, try asking in the Simple Questions thread or the Help room on PS
Oh my b didn't even see that; here I am thinking that It was still boosted bc I swapped out the first time.

GMars

It's ya boy GEEEEEEEEMARS
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Are you planning on adding a mode where any Pokemon can use any move (including z moves without z crystals) and any stat total (each stat capped at 252)?
This mode mostly exists, and is called Hackmons (or Balanced Hackmons). However, only EVs are capped at 252. Afaik, there is no way to customize base stats themselves in Showdown.

Are you planning on adding a mode where any Pokemon can use any move (including z moves without z crystals) and any stat total (each stat capped at 252)?
Balanced Hackmons has also banned CFZs (Crystal Free ZMoves) but there is a meta called Ultimate Z which allows for them, or at least something close.

david0895

Mercy Main Btw
Before the site upgrade, only the watched threads section, only the unseen threads were appearing.
Now there are all the thread that I follow and this can create a problem where I can forgot one and founding it in the bottom of the page (if I'm lucky).
Is it possible to leaving in this section only the threads that I have to see?
Screenshot_2.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)