Smogon Simple Questions & Suggestions Thread

JustoonSmitts

I draw stuff for a living
is a Top Artistis a Contributor to Smogon
There aren't necessarily 'friend requests' on Smogon, but if someone follows you, you can follow them back and that's practically the equivalent to a friend system. To do that, just go to the user's profile and hit 'follow' near their profile picture.
Oh okay. Thanks for the info, Natu. Someone named Gurpreet Patel had (sent you a friend request) in his name and that kinda threw me off guard. Lol.

I have another question: I'd like to start an art thread here, but I'd like to know if I need special permission to do that or just go ahead and do it?

Xylen

Perfect Harmony.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Oh okay. Thanks for the info, Natu. Someone named Gurpreet Patel had (sent you a friend request) in his name and that kinda threw me off guard. Lol.

I have another question: I'd like to start an art thread here, but I'd like to know if I need special permission to do that or just go ahead and do it?
In general, it's smart to read the forum rules and ask a mod of that forum before you post a thread. But as far as I know there's no restrictions in Smeargle

Quick question: for all the forums where you have already posted a message, you have necessarily a notif "Alerts" with each new comment. Is it possible to choose the forums where you want to be notified (and without necessarily having already posted a comment)? Conversely, how to remove the notification for forums where you do not want to follow anymore? I apologize for my bad english

Clouds

False Pretenses
is a Forum Moderatoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Quick question: for all the forums where you have already posted a message, you have necessarily a notif "Alerts" with each new comment. Is it possible to choose the forums where you want to be notified (and without necessarily having already posted a comment)? Conversely, how to remove the notification for forums where you do not want to follow anymore? I apologize for my bad english
If you don't want to be notified by all forums you view, you can uncheck the 'Automatically watch content you interact with…' box in your preferences (found by clicking your username in the top right). To remove current watched threads/other content, you can navigate to the 'watched' tab at the top of the forum and check the threads you no longer want to watch and then hit 'remove'.

If you want to select a forum for which you get notified when activity happens, you can just hit 'watch thread' or 'watch forum' at the top right before the first post/thread of the forum.

I was just namelocked for a bit for having an identical IP as another user that was banned. When I appealed the the lock, I was told it was due to using mobile. So...is it generally not advisable to use mobile because of this being able to occur, or is it the use of PS on mobile, itself, that’s the problem?

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
I was just namelocked for a bit for having an identical IP as another user that was banned. When I appealed the the lock, I was told it was due to using mobile. So...is it generally not advisable to use mobile because of this being able to occur, or is it the use of PS on mobile, itself, that’s the problem?
It is generally a good idea to not use PS while connected to public Wi-Fi's, as it's possible someon's used that Wi-Fi to spam or such and get Banned/locked on it.

If you're at home, it shouldn't matter what device you're using to play on PS, as long as you don't use a proxy.

It is generally a good idea to not use PS while connected to public Wi-Fi's, as it's possible someon's used that Wi-Fi to spam or such and get Banned/locked on it.

If you're at home, it shouldn't matter what device you're using to play on PS, as long as you don't use a proxy.
Ahhh. Okay. Much thanks for the clarification.

Havens

WGI World Champion
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
how come I can't edit my profile picture? I have changed my name but not at all recently.
If you've changed your name more than a month ago, and can't change anything else, then the lock on your profile is still active. All you have to do is request here to remove the lock, and you should be able to change your avatar again~

I just had a battle on BSS in which a Heatran was able to use flash cannon ahead of my Salamence's Substitute. If not hacked (though I suspect it is) I would love to know how to beat substitute's +3 priority with a +0 priority attack using Heatran. The code to view my video is QDWG-WWWW-WWWN-GYAW and it occurs on turn five. Your input is very much appreciated!

I just had a battle on BSS in which a Heatran was able to use flash cannon ahead of my Salamence's Substitute. If not hacked (though I suspect it is) I would love to know how to beat substitute's +3 priority with a +0 priority attack using Heatran. The code to view my video is QDWG-WWWW-WWWN-GYAW and it occurs on turn five. Your input is very much appreciated!
Sub doesn't have any priority. Did the Heatran ever switch moves? Because it sounds like it was scarfed.

Substitute is +0 priority.

yeah don't use bulbapedia as a reliable pokemon source, its generally a bad one.
Really? I only go through them for move/ability info nothing else, and they have the most in-depth info by far than anywhere else I've looked such a Serebii or even here on Smogon. Where would you reccomend?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 9, Guests: 5)