Smogon Simple Questions & Suggestions Thread

Kirkburn

Banned deucer.
Thank you, that should have been obvious to me.

I have another question. How do you earn the ability to add a usertitle?

Clouds

False Pretenses
is a Forum Moderatoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Is there a more updated version of this useful breeding odds table anywhere?

If there isn't one, could the odds with a shiny charm be included?
That version of the breeding odds table shouldn't need to be updated, as any changes made to breeding in Gen VII were small and unrelated, like both gender (and genderless) Pokemon being able to pass down the Poke Ball. Should be just as useful as it was last gen.

Odds for Masuda Method are 1/683 in Generation VI & VII, and your odds are tripled with the Shiny Charm, so it just becomes 3/683, or 1/228.

I run an already registered server and we are looking to get it renamed. Do I need to register it as a new server or can I get it renamed under the same registration? Thanks in advance for any info

Deleted User 400951

Banned deucer.
Hey,

so I was able to upload this as my avatar, but it's off center. I tried fixing that, but the new image won't upload. It's smaller than this pfp, and I did try to upload an optimized version that's much smaller, but neither will upload. I'm not sure why, given that this one did. What's going on?

Is there any way available to get a Hoopa these days? I'm only recently back into playing and i have missed all the events.

Reactions: pqs

Tenebricite

Leader of the Pawniards
is a Top Tiering Contributor
OUPL Champion
Is there any way available to get a Hoopa these days? I'm only recently back into playing and i have missed all the events.
Don't believe so. However, you'll probably be able to find one for trade in the wifi room on PS.

Hecate

Be the serpent under't
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmer
PS Admin
Is it possible to recover the password of a Pokemon Showdown acct?
Yes, post in the forum “Other Admin Requests” asking for a password reset to the acc, if it’s yours
If it’s not, you cannot get it reset, unless it’s disabled - for that there are certain requirements most normal users cannot meet
but maybe try the PS Sinple Questions thread next time, too

Last edited:

xJolteon

Banned deucer.
Hello there, I find these suggestions very usefull for Smogon.
Forum Suggestions:
-Show warning when a user tries to post in an old thread, I find a usefull XenForo addon for this: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/tpu-show-warning-when-bumping-old-threads.3913/
-Permit users from inserting custom emojis in his Signatures and About you sections.
-Add a profile option to block animated profile photos or GIF, because is very annoying see too much animations in someone photo when writing a post.
Discord Suggestions:
-Add DynoBot or MEE6 bot on all Smogon Discords, this bots are very helpfull because they allow temp-bans and temp-mutes on Discord, also warns, kicks, all with a fully customizable command prefix, also bots add automoderation and many other features just give it a try.
Smogon main-website bug:
At the right of "Discord" is "Pokemon Showdown" the main problem here is that Pokémon Showdown is bad wroted/spelled, the correct is "Pokémon Showdown".
bandicam 2018-06-09 19-35-25-209.jpg

Also I have a new suggestion now! change the design of the Edit and Delete post, I think the actual design is not good, change the design to the image below
bandicam 2018-06-10 11-46-30-091.jpg

Last edited:

Quite Quiet

I need a kitchen knife that doesn't whisper to me
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TFP Leader
I COULD BE BANNED (or ICBB for short) is what it sounds like. If you get too many infractions (the forum version of warnings/punishments) you get that because you're close to being automatically banned by the system. Generally something you'd want to avoid.

There's also the more general usertitles like mine that you're allowed to set once you have a badge. They can be anything and has nothing to do with punishments like ICBB does.

Ivy

resident enigma
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor
At the right of "Discord" is "Pokemon Showdown" the main problem here is that Pokémon Showdown is bad wroted/spelled, the correct is "Pokémon Showdown".
Pokemon is largely spelled without the accent here. Just check out any of the analyses and see.

churine

lunatic+
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
But Pokémon Showdown have that accent in all places, I think is an error but ok.
its likely spelt that way because when you try to type the "é" into certain places, particularly ones that involve html, you'll get a bunch of random characters (something like "é" for example) to display rather than the é (which is the hexcode of the value), so pokemon is spelt without the accent so that it doesnt look something like "pokémon" on the main page and on the site dex.

xJolteon

Banned deucer.
its likely spelt that way because when you try to type the "é" into certain places, particularly ones that involve html, you'll get a bunch of random characters (something like "é" for example) to display rather than the é (which is the hexcode of the value), so pokemon is spelt without the accent so that it doesnt look something like "pokémon" on the main page and on the site dex.
Ok, I am not sure on what Programation Language is based the Smogon main website, but ok.

Hi, just joined the forums.

I've mostly stuck to the randbats end of Showdown and placed well in some randbats tournaments, but I'm interested in learning how to teambuild and getting into the serious stuff. The problem is: I have no idea where to start.

Since I've played on randbats for a while, I've got an understanding of the Pokemon commonly used in Gens 1-6 and what moves they usually run. I'm beginning to play more Gen 7 randbats so I'm working my way into understanding those. But where would be the best place to start? Should I build my way up from Gen 4 OU? Or should I start from Gen 7 PU, NU, RU, UU? Or should I just jump straight into Gen 7 OU?

tl;dr: Not sure whether to start playing competitive in an earlier gen and not sure which tier to start out in.

xJolteon

Banned deucer.
Hi, just joined the forums.

I've mostly stuck to the randbats end of Showdown and placed well in some randbats tournaments, but I'm interested in learning how to teambuild and getting into the serious stuff. The problem is: I have no idea where to start.

Since I've played on randbats for a while, I've got an understanding of the Pokemon commonly used in Gens 1-6 and what moves they usually run. I'm beginning to play more Gen 7 randbats so I'm working my way into understanding those. But where would be the best place to start? Should I build my way up from Gen 4 OU? Or should I start from Gen 7 PU, NU, RU, UU? Or should I just jump straight into Gen 7 OU?

tl;dr: Not sure whether to start playing competitive in an earlier gen and not sure which tier to start out in.
Hello dlkim, I recommend you start in Gen 7 OU, since is the most popular Smogon's Tier and in the last Pokémon version, hopefully this can help you a bit ;)
Suggestion: use vpnblocker´s APIs for detecting VPNs on the forums, also sub-net mutes them like PS!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)