Smogon Simple Questions & Suggestions Thread

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7monotype-809394330

in this replay I (DanteTHOT) lose to timer despite making my move almost immediately because the timer starts running while attack animations happen, which can take longer than 5 seconds, and because my opponent set the timer, i can't turn it off. Is it possible to make the timer always reset back to 20 seconds when the timer goes under 20 seconds because the battle would continue for a lot longer if the timer didn't run during the attack animation. I know you can't see that from the replay, but is there any way to turn off the opponent's timer or make it always default to 20 seconds

skip to turn 250 to get to the point where the timer becomes impossible to avoid

Hey, I was team-building the other day and just wanted to know how effectively my pokemon performed. I was wondering if it would be a good idea to build a damage chart, resembling that of Lseague of Legends. I was just thinking that it would be a good addition.

Astra

talk to me nice
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Hey, I was team-building the other day and just wanted to know how effectively my pokemon performed. I was wondering if it would be a good idea to build a damage chart, resembling that of Lseague of Legends. I was just thinking that it would be a good addition.
I'm unfamiliar with League of Legends and couldn't find anything about a damage chart. Are you referring to seeing what your team's overall type match-up chart is? If so, this is the one I use and probably the most up to date one out there.

sin(pi)

lucky n bad
Lets just say this chart shows how much damage each pokemon did to the opposing team. Put into simple words, of course.
There's the damage calculator, if that's what you're looking for. I don't think there's anything which says how well each Pokémon measures against the meta, other than the viability rankings.

I just registered and would like to post my team in the RMT sub, but I seem to not have the rights to do so.
Can someone explain?

Just two small questions, without any link:
• it's been more than two months since my number of likes is fixed around 145. Yet I'm almost sure to have exceeded 200. Is this a display bug?

Trop d'abonnements.png

• probably that I'm one of the few users here who has this message, I reached the subscription limit of 1000 (strangely I don't feel "frenetic" about this). Given that on Twitter or Facebook this same limit is 5000, is it possible to raise the threshold?

Is it better to use Thunder (as opposed to Thunderbolt) when using electrium-z? Does this result in a higher base-power on Gigavolt?

Hi! I've been playing competitive for a while but the Monotype Fall Seasonal will be my very first Official Tournament. I need information about how will I know the name of my opponent or the battle date and so on. Also, what'd I do if my opponent doesn't contact me to set a date. Thank you!

Kate

Metamodernity
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
RBTT Champion
Hi! I've been playing competitive for a while but the Monotype Fall Seasonal will be my very first Official Tournament. I need information about how will I know the name of my opponent or the battle date and so on. Also, what'd I do if my opponent doesn't contact me to set a date. Thank you!
In tournaments, usually the host will do random MU's, that is how you will know your opponent. You will contact your opponent to set a date before the given deadline. Usually you can request an extension if neither of you can make it within the given deadline. If your opponent does NOT reply or contact you, you may call activity, which will give you the win.
Hope this helped!

In tournaments, usually the host will do random MU's, that is how you will know your opponent. You will contact your opponent to set a date before the given deadline. Usually you can request an extension if neither of you can make it within the given deadline. If your opponent does NOT reply or contact you, you may call activity, which will give you the win.
Hope this helped!
Yeah! Thank you for the information, let's see if I can manage it.

Has anyone ever tried suspect testing multiple BL Pokemon at once? Each BL Pokemon may be broken by itself, but might un-banning 4-5 of them together cause them to check each other?

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
Has anyone ever tried suspect testing multiple BL Pokemon at once? Each BL Pokemon may be broken by itself, but might un-banning 4-5 of them together cause them to check each other?
Yes. UU suspected both Buzzwole and Breloom at the same time this generation.

The disadvantage of this is that it can lead to the most dominating Pokemon during the suspect being banned for still being broken, after which point it becomes clear said Pokemon was keeping the others in check so now they're broken. The scenario you're talking about, basically a large number of Pokemon being unbanned all at once, is generally done at the start of a generation and then the banlist develops from there - multiple mon resuspects and especially ones with more than two are rare because there are inherent issues with them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 2)