Smogon Simple Questions & Suggestions Thread

Lumari

empty spaces
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnus
TFP Leader
Will the untiered list be changed to account for everything unviable in ZU?
No, ZU is not an official tier, so it doesn't receive Dex support through tier listings.

Will untiered lists be made for every generation?
Possibly but other Dex stuff like finishing analyses for this gen has higher priority atm, reason why it was done this gen was because the unviable Pokemon were physically drowning out the viable ones on the PU page.

I'm kinda new to this stuff so I'll post it here. I've been playing Randbats for quite some time now (5k+ matches) and I wanted to host a private tournament for a LAN-party we are organising. So my question is, where can I find all the info for organising my own tournament with custom rules etc.? Thx all :D
Hello! I am not sure, but probably you will find the rules in the Tournaments forums, on the other hand, you can ask to a Smogon moderator!

david0895

Mercy Main Btw
Is it possible to amplify ability pages that affect specific moves, like Iron Fist or Bulletproof, with a list of the moves that interact with that ability?
Obviously generic ability like Blaze or Pixilate are not counted because they affect too many moves

Welcome to Smogon, the premier competitive battling Pokemon website! If you're new to the forums or competitive battling in general and looking for help on how things work around here, feel free to ask any questions you have in this thread.

Please keep in mind that this is not an introduction thread, so do include relevant queries in your posts. You're more than welcome to ask questions regarding competitive battling, our forums in general, or how to get involved in a particular section of the website, and we'll be happy to help you out or direct you to the appropriate resource.

We'll do our best to answer every question in this thread, but if your question relates to a specific part of the forums, you'll likely get a much quicker answer there. For your convenience, here are links to the Simple Questions & Answers threads in Smogon's various forums:

If your question pertains to any of these areas, please use the forum-specific SQSAs.

There are also several other threads in the Introduction Hub which might contain the information you're looking for:
  • Smogon Beginner Basics - Provides an introduction to the website and information regarding our forum rules, badges, FAQ and Help Form.
  • Forum Staff & Badge Leaders - Contains a list of all staff members and the section of the site they moderate.
  • Competitive Battling Basics - A basic introduction to competitive battling. If you're completely new to the competitive aspect of Pokemon, then this thread will give you a solid foundation to build from.
  • Contribution Guide - A useful resource providing an introduction to the various sections of the website and how to get involved in them.
If your question is related to base stats, moves or abilities, it'd be a good idea to check out the ORAS research thread, the XY research forum or the Past Generations research thread depending on the game.

If you can't find the answer you're looking in any of the above threads, then we encourage you to use this one! ^.^

If you spot an error on one of the site pages (such as a Pokemon being listed in the wrong tier in the Strategydex), post here.

Also, feel free to post any suggestions you may have for Smogon here as well. Here's some of the stuff that's been put forward already:
Can we delete inactive accounts with 0 posts?

We're not deleting inactive accounts because chances are an older user could return and want their account back. The most that'll probably be done is name changes if a user is desperate for the name. But in general a purge is very unlikely in the near future.

Can we enable likes in Smogon conversations?

This feature costs money that we don't have unfortunately. Plus, the admins are programming more important things for the site, too.

Can we have a dropbox to export older teams into?

It's currently not possible for XenForo. You can upload teams to files and then upload them to Dropbox to share with friends, but XenForo does not support this.

Can we add Tapatalk, or some other way to view Smogon better on the mobile?

chaos is currently too busy to be able to have the time to implement something like that. You can try to make something for us though!

Can we have a darker Smogon theme?

NMx13 designed one. This thread has instructions (http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/smogon-dark-skin.3502839/) to add it in.

Can the search function look for three letter words?

Unfortunately not, but you can try to search on Google.

Can we have clans?

It's generally accepted that we won't have clans anytime in the future.

Can we have a ROM hacking forum?

We wouldn't get enough activity to really need a forum, as everyone goes to the other ROM hacking forums already and we'd have nothing new to offer.

Can we edit options in a poll?

Nope, Xenforo doesn't support that unfortunately!

Will we ever change the logo?

Nope, Smogon means Koffing in German, so unless we change the name there's... not really a point.

Its my first commentary and i am no good speaking english sorry

If i m out of the subject , please delete my message and tell me in advance if this is the case

I'm using Google Translation, so sorry in advance for the errors
below
I wish uber and everything is going

some attacks are forbidden for

unsporting reasons and not fair play

especially (ingrain smeagle or

mega-gengar hypnosis), especially since
this is played by a minority but it is

boring for the aversionary and the strong
it divides the communities that need to regroup and that kind
also define less originality to win thank you for your understanding I hope not to disturb you too much and to help the tier I apologize in advance if this is not the case
Maitre rock

google - Traduction en anglais - exemples français | Reverso Context
context.reverso.net › francais-anglais › g...

Traductions en contexte de "google" en français-anglais avec Reverso Context : google earth, google maps, recherche google, google glass, arnaqué par google.

Astra

talk to me nice
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Guys, how do I send those pokemon idle animation thingys in those forums?
Are you referring to the Pokemon sprites? You can find 3D frontal sprites for all the Pokemon here.
If you'd like more options for them, go to this thread and it should be under the hide "Image Resources."

Lithium114

Banned deucer.
Are you referring to the Pokemon sprites? You can find 3D frontal sprites for all the Pokemon here.
If you'd like more options for them, go to this thread and it should be under the hide "Image Resources."
Thanks a bunch. Gladly appreciate it. I'm new here so i'm just getting the hang of this, thanks once again.

Where can i find topics about the best team for a story playthrough?
Almost like an RMT, just people posting what they think is the best team for a given games story.

GMars

It's ya boy GEEEEEEEEMARS
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Almost like an RMT, just people posting what they think is the best team for a given games story.
Though it's not teams so much as ranking individual mons' usefulness, this should help. It's a collection of tier lists for Pokemon in a given games story:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/in-game-tiering-threads-list.3603117/
In general stuff like this would be in our In-Game subforum, the Orange Islands.

I often find 'rate my teams' on the gamefaqs forums of the corresponding Pokémon game. But IMO, there is no 'good team', as basically every Pokémon game can be completed relatively easy. I played through Pokémon X with only Pokémon with the ability Pickup (it was really fun tho, but still too easy)

Oathkeeper

"Wait!" he says, do I look like a waiter?
is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey there. Trying to change my profile pic and for some reason it says "Your full account details are not currently editable." Could someone explain why this is?

inactive

In a Movie Scene~
is a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey there. Trying to change my profile pic and for some reason it says "Your full account details are not currently editable." Could someone explain why this is?
From the name change thread:

you will be profile locked for a month after getting a new name. Remember to ask a Super Moderator or Admin to remove the lock after a month, it will not come off automatically;
This means you won't be able change your account details until it gets removed. Hopefully this helped

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)