Smogon Simple Questions & Suggestions Thread

Astra

talk to me nice
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
I have a question, I wanna suggest something for a room on ps, found the forum for it, yet I don’t know how to post. I swear I found a forum somewhere about it once. Where is it? If there isn’t one, what format do I post in?

Is there any way to see a complete list of tournaments whose signups are currently open? I think it's annoying that some tournaments get posted in the tournaments forum and some get posted in a Smogon Metagames subforum.

antemortem

THE ORIGINAL DAVE
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
What happens next when an OM idea is passed 2/2?
Taken from the Rules & General Information thread in the Other Metagames forum:
scpinion said:
Step 5) Once the submissions team has given you 2 Quality Control (QC) stamps, it goes to the OM forum moderators (this will be signified with a "Pending" tag). The mods will offer additional critiques and give a final approval/rejection. It takes two approvals from the forum moderators to get your metagame approved!

Step 6) Once your submission has been put through the review process and received a full approval, it will be tagged as "Approved". You will then be given a specific date to post your OM. Make sure you follow the metagame template below and affix "approved by moderator(s) name" at the top so the community knows you followed the forum rules. We will also tell you if your submission goes in the main Other Metagames forum or the Pet Mods subforum at the time of approval.
Your thread appears to have gone quite some time without moving to the next step, so you may need to tag the Other Metagames mods (E4 Flint / The Immortal / Ransei) in your thread with a gentle reminder that you'd like them to review it so you can proceed.

Out of interest. Is there a reason that the name change rules include a user posting over 100 messages as its main condition? The account 'CZ' has been inactive for over 10 years now. I, personally, think that 10 years is enough time to override the 100 message rule. Hopefully?

I also own the PS account for CZ, and am only known by that to everyone. This occasionally makes it confusing/difficult for tour hosts and when people are trying to contact 'CZ'.

Last edited:

Yoshi

IT'S FINK DUMBASS
Out of interest. Is there a reason that the name change rules include a user posting over 100 messages as its main condition? The account 'CZ' has been inactive for over 10 years now. I, personally, think that 10 years is enough time to override the 100 message rule. Hopefully?

I also own the PS account for CZ, and am only known by that to everyone. This occasionally makes it confusing/difficult for tour hosts and when people are trying to contact 'CZ'.
You have over 100 posts anyway, I don’t see the problem.

To answer the question generally, it’s so some guy who has 2 posts and suddenly doesn’t like his name decides to take an inactive name and then never login again (or other similar situations).

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
You appear to have misunderstood the conditions for a name change.

You cannot request a name change if you (the person requesting the name change) have less than 100 posts. If you don't have a badge, then you cannot take another user's name under any conditions, number of posts or activity they have not being relevant.

You appear to have misunderstood the conditions for a name change.

You cannot request a name change if you (the person requesting the name change) have less than 100 posts. If you don't have a badge, then you cannot take another user's name under any conditions, number of posts or activity they have not being relevant.
Ah, perhaps I did misread the 100 posts rule. I was aware of the badge requirements, it was more of a question related to the subject matter mentioned. However, I might have got that wrong it seems.

Edit: Oh, wait.
"you may take the name of an existing account ONLY IF
the account with the username you want has not been logged into for 3+ years, AND
the account with the username you want has less than 10 posts."

It appears to be even stricter rules than I originally thought, so my original post still stands if tweaked from 100 to 10 posts. Apologies for the misinformation and confusion originally.

Last edited:
So, for name change requests, one is not allowed to request distracting characters (e.g VCrakeV123), and not allowed to request names already in use. Is one allowed to request a name that is in use, but with different "distracting characters"? I use "Grasshopper0" on Showdown, and wanted to change my forum name to reflect that, but someone has "Grasshopper021", or something like that.

I normally know how to change my avatar, but now it’s not coming up as an option on the image. I would screenshot but power button is broken. Any advice?

Why can’t we change name more than once? I really regretted my name change and so I asked for a revert, but wouldn’t it be better to change the name, say, max 3 times?

Sacred Wings

Banned deucer.
I normally know how to change my avatar, but now it’s not coming up as an option on the image. I would screenshot but power button is broken. Any advice?

Why can’t we change name more than once? I really regretted my name change and so I asked for a revert, but wouldn’t it be better to change the name, say, max 3 times?
The button isn't working because your profile is still locked from your name change. After a month you can ask for a profile unlock in this thread.

you only get 1 name change;
  • you must provide a REASON;
  • you may revert back to your old name, but only after at least 3 months have passed, and you will be ineligible for future changes
For more information, read the OP in this thread which you can also look to see how to unlock your profile.

antemortem

THE ORIGINAL DAVE
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
Are the classic Smogon designs also available for the apparel sale, or just the SPL ones?
Just the SPL X logos for now.

We infrequently (as in, once every year or two) sell classic designs and a couple new ones for a short period, so be on the look out in the future.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)