Smogon Simple Questions & Suggestions Thread

how do you get the little custom message under your avatar that you can see on forums? (or is it just for high level smogon people) for example: eien has the "Promised Victory" message.

Reactions: gum

Astra

talk to me nice
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
how do you get the little custom message under your avatar that you can see on forums? (or is it just for high level smogon people) for example: eien has the "Promised Victory" message.
That's only accessible to users with badges. There are some exceptions though (like me lol) where nonbadged users can get it via forum events and such, which is how I got mine.

What does it mean in the Smogon dex when a pokemon doesn't have an associated battle tier listed for it? Is it something separate from Untiered since pokemon are actually listed as Untiered in the dex? ex: Bayleef

Kirkburn

Banned deucer.
What happened to the Firebot Development Lab? I had posted in it earlier this morning and now suddenly it's gone!

Astra

talk to me nice
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
What does it mean in the Smogon dex when a pokemon doesn't have an associated battle tier listed for it? Is it something separate from Untiered since pokemon are actually listed as Untiered in the dex? ex: Bayleef
Quote from the Smogon Dex:
Untiered is a list of all Pokémon that are not relevant (i.e., do not have above 3.41% usage) or viable in PU and is not a playable tier. Generally, the use of Untiered Pokémon in a competitive metagame is strongly discouraged.

Last edited:

Astra

talk to me nice
So are pokemon that don't have an associated tier in the Smogon dex Untiered? I'm just confused because many pokemon are listed as Untiered in the dex but there are also ones without a tier.
PU still writes analyses for Untiered Pokemon, but it's basically just telling you that it sucks and you should use another Pokemon.

So are pokemon that don't have an associated tier in the Smogon dex Untiered? I'm just confused because many pokemon are listed as Untiered in the dex but there are also ones without a tier.
"Untiered" is only for fully evolved Pokemon. Pokemon like Bayleef have no tier because they're not fully evolved.

Hey. Are there any requirements to have a custom signature on smogon? Like a certain amount of posts / likes?
I think you can customize your signature without any requirements. Custom titles (stuff below the name) require you to own a badge (to edit or remove custom titles at your will). Some badgeless users have custom titles because they won tournaments that reward people with a custom title.

I think you can customize your signature without any requirements. Custom titles (stuff below the name) require you to own a badge (to edit or remove custom titles at your will). Some badgeless users have custom titles because they won tournaments that reward people with a custom title.
Somehow im not able to set it then. weirdly enough

hello, first time post... I've seen people check other people's ratings in battle on showdown using some kind of chat command, but I don't know how they do it. can you explain how to do that?

hello, first time post... I've seen people check other people's ratings in battle on showdown using some kind of chat command, but I don't know how they do it. can you explain how to do that?

do /rank username to see players rank. And if you are in your own battle or a voice in chat you can use !rank username to broadcast the same

Amaluna

Somewhere between relatable and psychotic
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Idk where to report Smogon bugs, it keeps redirecting me to the PS one, so i'll just share it here.

This happened to me and it won't let me continue

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 1)