Smogon Simple Questions & Suggestions Thread

Ivy

resident enigma
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor
Hey, how can someone get banned from Smogon outright? Like, just banned without any prior points whatsoever, just in the blink of an eye.
By explicitly asking for it in a rule-breaking thread.

This is referring to what happened to a new account I saw that posted "fu smogon" in the Monotype forum; it is NOT advice

Is it possible to put a 3rd typing into the Damage Calculator? For example, Scizor being affected by Forest's Curse and you want to check how much a Fire move would do at 8x super effective damage.

Last edited:
How is "retry with HTTP" different from playing without it? Starting this morning it seems that I'm unable to use showdown on any device otherwise.

How is "retry with HTTP" different from playing without it? Starting this morning it seems that I'm unable to use showdown on any device otherwise.
I also can't use showdown, "couldn't connect server" is popping up every second when I reload the page.

Hecate

Be the serpent under't
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmer
PS Admin
I also can't use showdown, "couldn't connect server" is popping up every second when I reload the page.
The HTTPS certificate has expired, that’s why the pop up is constant. use http://play.pokemonshowdown.com to get on.
HTTP just means ISPs and people on your network can look at upstream and downstream data instead of source and destination. It’s slightly less secure but HTTP is still fine.

The HTTPS certificate has expired, that’s why the pop up is constant. use http://play.pokemonshowdown.com to get on.

HTTP just means ISPs and people on your network can look at upstream and downstream data instead of source and destination. It’s slightly less secure but HTTP is still fine.
While on the HTTP topic, could someone answer me why, on HTTP, my teambuilder is way outdated and doesn't have any teams I've built in the past 8 months or so (not the case on the broken HTTPS)? I really don't understand much of networking/this part of computers

Quite Quiet

why fall in love when you can fall asleep
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TFP Leader
While on the HTTP topic, could someone answer me why, on HTTP, my teambuilder is way outdated and doesn't have any teams I've built in the past 8 months or so (not the case on the broken HTTPS)? I really don't understand much of networking/this part of computers
The browsers have separate localstorage for HTTP and HTTPS (for security!). So if you've been on HTTPS for the last 8 months, that will only be in your browsers HTTPS storage and not both of them. IF you press F12 to open the browser dev console and go to Application (Chrome) or Storage (Firefox) you will see something like this:

Most of these will be full of Google stuff you can ignore, but there should be a showdown_teams key in both of these for you. One for HTTP and one for HTTPS. PS is a bit special here, because if there is no entry in the HTTP table for when you connect to http://play.pokemonshowdown.com it will use the HTTPS version (never the other way around though), so you could get all your teams from HTTPS again if you open this, find the showdown_teams entry, and delete it (this can't be reversed).

Jerry the great

Banned deucer.
Can constant activity and good behavior in certain forums lead to getting a badge of any kind? I mean if you can get badges off of such what kinds of badges can you get by that

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)