Smogon Simple Questions & Suggestions Thread

I asked this in the G8 OU SQSA but it might be better here, apologies for the redundancy. As someone that prefers cart over Showdown, has there been any attempts to "reserve" a specific Link Code where ideally users do follow the "Gentleman's Agreement" for OU without Max, UU, LC, etc. Obviously it won't be perfect but it would be nice where there would be a specific Link Code where your chances of playing this way with a random trainer following the same rules are much higher.

Kalalokki

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sprite Leader
I asked this in the G8 OU SQSA but it might be better here, apologies for the redundancy. As someone that prefers cart over Showdown, has there been any attempts to "reserve" a specific Link Code where ideally users do follow the "Gentleman's Agreement" for OU without Max, UU, LC, etc. Obviously it won't be perfect but it would be nice where there would be a specific Link Code where your chances of playing this way with a random trainer following the same rules are much higher.
I remember hearing that people suggested 0109 for such a link code on social media when the games released, as #109 is Koffing's dex number and the German namesake of this site. No idea if people are actually using it as such, but it's worth giving it a try if anything.

I remember hearing that people suggested 0109 for such a link code on social media when the games released, as #109 is Koffing's dex number and the German namesake of this site. No idea if people are actually using it as such, but it's worth giving it a try if anything.
I'll check it out when I get home, thanks!

Dumb Sir

Banned deucer.
I've been having the issue of Showdown connecting either extremely slowly or not at all for the past couple of days. Is this just my own local problem or is it happening to other people as well? If either, is there any way to fix the problem?

Kalalokki

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sprite Leader
I've been having the issue of Showdown connecting either extremely slowly or not at all for the past couple of days. Is this just my own local problem or is it happening to other people as well? If either, is there any way to fix the problem?
It's a server issue, so it has been out of our reach as well. Should be fixed within the next day or so hopefully.

my showdown isn't working and says it is reconnecting but it isn't at all. this is bugging me since i can't check my team for if it is friendly for gen 8 Ubers (because they didn't add gen 8 everything goes yet), and i cannot battle at all or even battle my friend. i do not know what is going on with it and it is ticking me off. my wifi is fine and nothing else worked, so is there some way to fix it?

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
my showdown isn't working and says it is reconnecting but it isn't at all. this is bugging me since i can't check my team for if it is friendly for gen 8 Ubers (because they didn't add gen 8 everything goes yet), and i cannot battle at all or even battle my friend. i do not know what is going on with it and it is ticking me off. my wifi is fine and nothing else worked, so is there some way to fix it?
No sorry, its an issue on our service provider's end.

How do I put a new minisprite in my posts? : alcremie : works just fine, but a mon with an old sprite doesn't. For example : roserade : gives me :roserade: is their anyway to use the gen 8 mini sprites for non gen 8 mons in text?

Kalalokki

Sprite Leader
How do I put a new minisprite in my posts? : alcremie : works just fine, but a mon with an old sprite doesn't. For example : roserade : gives me :roserade: is their anyway to use the gen 8 mini sprites for non gen 8 mons in text?
The gen 8 sized minisprites weren't added, as they are too big for use in the dex. Those available from :pokemon: are only those that were uploaded to the dex, which means all the old minisprites from gen 6-7 and the resized variants for gen 8 mons. You would have to add them as a regular images instead, taken from like Serebii.

so when is showdown going to get fixed? is this a regular issue with network errors? no its not on my end or i couldn't post here.
my trade partner had to afk while i bred his breed and showdown has locked me out and i've lost the chat. I recommended discord in case this happened but he doesn't have the program unfortunately.

Alpha

Banned deucer.
so when is showdown going to get fixed? is this a regular issue with network errors? no its not on my end or i couldn't post here.
my trade partner had to afk while i bred his breed and showdown has locked me out and i've lost the chat. I recommended discord in case this happened but he doesn't have the program unfortunately.
No, it's not a regular issue. It SHOULD get fixed today, but unfortunately we're not sure.

Hi. I was wondering why I can't play pokemon showdown. The thing is that I go to the pokemon showdown page but it just keeps showing me that it is loading and I have waited for like 3 hours and nothing happened. I asked my friends as well if they had the same problem and they say yes. Any solutions?

Is there anywhere I can get intermediate (not beginner, but not necessarily expert) team-building advice for casual-competitive play? I really only play on cart at conventions (for local league tournaments and one-on-one singles) and just use Showdown to digitally plan teams (not a fan of battling on PS). I used to do competitive back in Gen 4 days, but haven't since then and just need advice on some modern team-building strategies. Showdown won't let me post in chats (too new) and I haven't been able to build a team that I feel confident enough to test because I'm so unfamiliar with what's good or not, so I can't post in any of the RMT sections...

Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 1)