Smogon Simple Questions & Suggestions Thread

chimp

Go Bananas
is an official Team Rateris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Is there anywhere I can get intermediate (not beginner, but not necessarily expert) team-building advice for casual-competitive play? I really only play on cart at conventions (for local league tournaments and one-on-one singles) and just use Showdown to digitally plan teams (not a fan of battling on PS). I used to do competitive back in Gen 4 days, but haven't since then and just need advice on some modern team-building strategies. Showdown won't let me post in chats (too new) and I haven't been able to build a team that I feel confident enough to test because I'm so unfamiliar with what's good or not, so I can't post in any of the RMT sections...

Thanks
The best way is to just look over all the resources on smogon and showdown and come up with the best team you think is possible, then either post it here, the team bazaar thread or make an RMT. You can always join the discord for whatever tier you're playing and I'm sure there will be someone there you can chat in real time with. I suggest whittling down your questions and concerns into more specifics so that more players are able to give you their feedback.

I'm sorry if this is the wrong thread to ask, but I couldn't find anything better appearently, as this question isn't about Pokémon at all.
Is there a way to embed a website in an iframe with this forum's BBcode? I mean like what you could do in HTML with the code.
HTML:
<iframe src="https://stitch98.github.io/fossil_mashup.html" width="400" height="550">
Content.
</iframe>
I understand allowing iFrame is risky as it exposes you to malwares, but you could allow only GitHub as a domain as many users use it to post simple websites.

Kalalokki

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sprite Leader
I'm sorry if this is the wrong thread to ask, but I couldn't find anything better appearently, as this question isn't about Pokémon at all.
Is there a way to embed a website in an iframe with this forum's BBcode? I mean like what you could do in HTML with the code.
HTML:
<iframe src="https://stitch98.github.io/fossil_mashup.html" width="400" height="550">
Content.
</iframe>
I understand allowing iFrame is risky as it exposes you to malwares, but you could allow only GitHub as a domain as many users use it to post simple websites.
Don't think so, no.

My first post here, sorry if this is the wrong channel to ask.

In IV breeding, should I always get a low physical atk IV for special atk pokemon like togekiss to prevent against something like foul play?
And should I do this in all cases: low physical atk on special atk pokemon and low special atk on physical atk pokemon?

Ruft

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Leader
In IV breeding, should I always get a low physical atk IV for special atk pokemon like togekiss to prevent against something like foul play?
And should I do this in all cases: low physical atk on special atk pokemon and low special atk on physical atk pokemon?
If your Pokemon lacks physical attacks 0 Atk IVs is optimal, yes (though it's not extremely important). SpA IVs on physical Pokemon don't matter, they can be as high or as low as you want.

Hey, it doesn't look like I can change my avatar rn; whenever I click on it, it just gives me the image URL. Did I get barred from changing mine or something, or was the method as to which you change avatars updated?

Kalalokki

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sprite Leader
Hey, it doesn't look like I can change my avatar rn; whenever I click on it, it just gives me the image URL. Did I get barred from changing mine or something, or was the method as to which you change avatars updated?
After requesting a namechange, your profile is locked for a month's time. If it has already been a month since the change, you can request your profile to be unlocked in the same namechange thread.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
When you get a name change the mods lock your profile so you can't change your costum title and avatar. After one month you can post in the name change thread linking your post and you can ask for your profile to be unlocked (see details in the op of the name change thread).

How do I find a specific old RMT thread? It's a sand veil abusing team from Generation 6 OU, and it had mega Slowbro, Tyranitar, and Ferrothorn.

Is there any chance of getting a version of National Dex OU that keeps Dynamax and Gigantomax?

I'm glad the National Dex meta kept Mega Evolutions and Z moves, but it still feels like we're slashing features if we cut Dynamax and Gigantomax just because it tunes the game towards offense instead of defense

How do i get sprites to appear in my signature section?
You surround which pokemon you want with colons. For example, to get forretress i would do : forretress : but with no spaces. :Forretress:
For battle sprites you can do what gen it is then a slash then the pokemon. For example: : bw/forretress : with no spaces gives me :bw/forretress:(this works for all gens, you can do : xy/forretress : to get gen 6 for example)
Go to near the bottom of this thread for another explanation of this.
Here is an index of sprites if you would rather do that, it also has shiny sprites and back sprites

Also, if you want the animated minisprites from hg/ss (like in my signature) you will just have to rip them from serebii, to my knowlege those are nowhere to be found on smogon.

You surround which pokemon you want with colons. For example, to get forretress i would do : forretress : but with no spaces. :Forretress:
For battle sprites you can do what gen it is then a slash then the pokemon. For example: : bw/forretress : with no spaces gives me :bw/forretress:(this works for all gens, you can do : xy/forretress : to get gen 6 for example)
Go to near the bottom of this thread for another explanation of this.
Here is an index of sprites if you would rather do that, it also has shiny sprites and back sprites

Also, if you want the animated minisprites from hg/ss (like in my signature) you will just have to rip them from serebii, to my knowlege those are nowhere to be found on smogon.
Thanks, a ton for the help my man.

chimp

Go Bananas
is an official Team Rateris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
i created new strategy and want to take credit for it how to i get permission to write a short article or new set on the pokemon analysis page?
Lol. You're probably best off just making an RMT (Rate My Team) about a team that features the strategy. An RMT generally goes through your thought process while building the team and describes each Pokemon's intended role within the team. You could also share it in the OU metagame discussion thread or the Team Bazaar. Generally the sets that get written for analysis need be approved after heavy scrutiny of the QC team. Hope this helps.

Lol. You're probably best off just making an RMT (Rate My Team) about a team that features the strategy. An RMT generally goes through your thought process while building the team and describes each Pokemon's intended role within the team. You could also share it in the OU metagame discussion thread or the Team Bazaar. Generally the sets that get written for analysis need be approved after heavy scrutiny of the QC team. Hope this helps.

yes thank BUT does that list a date posted? because other wise i cant prove that i did it first

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)