Smogon Simple Questions & Suggestions Thread

Question: in a lot of Pokémon’s sets and guides for SS OU, they talk about dynomaxing despite it being banned in OU, why is that? To clarify, I’m not asking why it’s banned but why do the Pokémon strategies talk about the Pokémon dynomaxing (ex: Gyarados talks about using dynomaxing for max airstreams speed boost).

Ruft

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Leader
Question: in a lot of Pokémon’s sets and guides for SS OU, they talk about dynomaxing despite it being banned in OU, why is that? To clarify, I’m not asking why it’s banned but why do the Pokémon strategies talk about the Pokémon dynomaxing (ex: Gyarados talks about using dynomaxing for max airstreams speed boost).
That's because most of the preliminary analyses were written before Dynamax was banned.
Full analyses are being worked on now. These will replace the former and will have no mention of Dynamax.

If I change my name on smogon (cant rn but in the future) and I want to chose a name that is free on smogon forums but already taken on pokemon showdown what happens if I wanna play on smogtours? Can I play under my old voiced account or should I make a new one that is similar to the new smogon name. Or something else?

If I change my name on smogon (cant rn but in the future) and I want to chose a name that is free on smogon forums but already taken on pokemon showdown what happens if I wanna play on smogtours? Can I play under my old voiced account or should I make a new one that is similar to the new smogon name. Or something else?
you name on here doesn't have to be the same one on PS

Dumb Sir

Banned deucer.
What does it mean when a user has the phrase "banned deucer" underneath their name, along with the name itself being crossed out?

I see there is an option to reset W/L on Showdown, but is there a way to reduce elo? I want to test a new team, but of the 30+ matches going on, no one is within 100 elo of me. Am I just suppose to make a new alt whenever I want to test a new team, or just play for any reason?

Ryota Mitarai

Shrektimus Prime
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I see there is an option to reset W/L on Showdown, but is there a way to reduce elo? I want to test a new team, but of the 30+ matches going on, no one is within 100 elo of me. Am I just suppose to make a new alt whenever I want to test a new team, or just play for any reason?
afaik no, you need to create a new account if you want a fresh ELO.

There once was a thread which described how to get pokemon sprites into your post without needing to link the source but with smth like :pokemon:

I don't remember how it went exactly tho and how to modify this to get sprites from a specific generation. Does anyone remember or know where I can find the post?

Jerry the great

Banned deucer.
So... As you can see, I have the ICBB status. Can I still nominate Pokemon for ranks? In other words, go to the official tiering threads and nominate mons for ranks such as A or A+ for example

These forums are private, basically it means that by default, members can only see threads that they created unless they have permission to see all threads. This is used for a variety of reasons, one common one is getting approval for something. An example of this is the PS admin request forums, anyone can post a thread to get in touch with PS upper staff, but only PS leaders and admins can see all threads. For admin requests, the reasoning is that its an easy way to talk to PS upper staff about sensetive or private topics such as password reset requests (involves info such as a user's location), complaints against PS staff, requesting a disabled PS name, requesting a server to be registered (email is needed for that), and requesting a chat room. It's also a catch all for anything else private/sensetive PS related.

It means you cant reply to a thread, possibly because its locked and you arent a project mod/full mod for that forum, possibly because you lack permissions to reply to threads/post threads in that forum, the reason varies.
I was wondering if someone could elaborate on that? I'm really interested in chatting with folks on the Wi-Fi forums and that was my reason for joining, but I can't post on them. I can't find anything that explains what the requirements are. I've been reading the Information forum, Intro to Smogon, etc.

Just wondering!

Quite Quiet

why fall in love when you can fall asleep
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TFP Leader
I was wondering if someone could elaborate on that? I'm really interested in chatting with folks on the Wi-Fi forums and that was my reason for joining, but I can't post on them. I can't find anything that explains what the requirements are. I've been reading the Information forum, Intro to Smogon, etc.

Just wondering!
You can post in https://www.smogon.com/forums/forums/wi-fi.53/. You should even be able to make a new thread if you'd wanted to. Which thread are you trying to reply to?

Luigi

spo.ink/shadowtag
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 27 Championis a Past SPL Champion
you should make a new account on showdown and tell a mod to voice that and devoice the old one

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)