Smogon Simple Questions & Suggestions Thread

Since someone happened to bring it up,

Does Stench stack with moves that already can make the opponent flinch? (Like Stench mon uses Rock Slide. Does Rock Slide have a higher percentage of flinch?)

BP

Beers and Steers
is a Contributor to Smogon
Since someone happened to bring it up,

Does Stench stack with moves that already can make the opponent flinch? (Like Stench mon uses Rock Slide. Does Rock Slide have a higher percentage of flinch?)
"Stench: This Pokemon's attacks without a chance to flinch have a 10% chance to flinch."

No it doesn't stack

The Official Glyx

Banned deucer.
1589079602840.png

How did I get notified by this? I've never once looked at, posted in, or watched the thread previously- Nor have I ever met or interacted with the person who made the notification.

Good day friends. I wan't sure where to post this but here goes. Just wanted to update you on my friend code since I deleted my old save files and began a fresh new save. My old Friend Code:1693 - 7050 - 7274, has now changed to : FC: 2681-6099-6184. Also my in-game name changed from (Muhannad) to (Motower).

Also, if anyone is interested in trading with me, I do have some rare shiny events free of charge and available at any time. Just PM me if you are interested in trading. Have a wonderful day friends. :)

Is there a list of gen 7 USUM tutor moves that did not become gen 8 TMs/TRs?
In no particular order:
  • Heal Bell
  • Defog
  • Bind
  • Shock Wave
  • Block
  • Last Resort
  • Worry Seed
  • Covet
  • Bug Bite
  • Snatch (snapped)
  • Recycle
  • Spite
  • After You
  • Synthesis
  • Signal Beam (snapped)
  • Gravity
  • Telekinesis (snapped)
  • Magnet Rise
  • Role Play
  • Water Pulse
  • Aqua Tail
  • Pain Split
  • Tailwind
  • Endeavor
  • Focus Punch
  • Laser Focus
  • Magic Coat
  • Gastro Acid
  • Super Fang
  • Sky Attack
  • Dual Chop
  • Knock Off

Yo anyone know wtf happened here? I moved before the ttar and used disable on the ttar's Rock Slide, but he used crunch. But it failed...? Next turn he used it again and it worked. I have no idea lol.
Apparently it was a 1v1 so your opponent might have accidentally targeted its mate slot, and so the move failed because there was no target. Can't be sure without replay but it might explain everything

I have no idea if this is remotely feasible with what XenForo provides, but I think it would be real nice if we could add at least some form of a generic "Other" option for the publicly displayed gender selection in account details.
Capture.PNG

Currently, we have male, female, or nothing at all and I'd think with the growing LGBTQ+ community here & general increased awareness and acceptance that this change could be appreciated by plenty of nonbinary folx who'd rather display as something rather than nothing at all.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I have no idea if this is remotely feasible with what XenForo provides, but I think it would be real nice if we could add at least some form of a generic "Other" option for the publicly displayed gender selection in account details.
View attachment 247211
Currently, we have male, female, or nothing at all and I'd think with the growing LGBTQ+ community here & general increased awareness and acceptance that this change could be appreciated by plenty of nonbinary folx who'd rather display as something rather than nothing at all.

I added Other as an option. If there's demand for more specific options then I can add them. Unfortunately I am unable to do something like "Other" + textbox for users to add their own. Hope this helps!

What is the website for deciding the winner of Ranked Pairs Format voting?
If this is referring to CAP Polls, we don't use a website and instead use custom made tools that handle all of our polling. I’ve seen you post in cap polls a few times so that’s why I assume the question is about those.

Due to the risk of people using them to manipulate polls and such, we don't really share the full details on how it works or the tools we use, unfortunately! If other parts of the site use Ranked Pairs for project threads I’m not sure what website they use I’m afraid

Last edited:
Hey, suggestion there !
Couldn't you just add a tier between OU and UU? There are like 20 pokemons in the middle tier and most of them arent fit for Overused nor legal in UU, so why not just create a intermediate tier?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 3)