Smogon Simple Questions & Suggestions Thread

Hey, suggestion there !
Couldn't you just add a tier between OU and UU? There are like 20 pokemons in the middle tier and most of them arent fit for Overused nor legal in UU, so why not just create a intermediate tier?
These mons were allowed in UU at one point, and were banned from UU because they were deemed too powerful. When the DLC releases in a month, many of them might be retested in UU to drop. However, because the power level with these Pokemon in it make the tier ridiculous (they were banned for a reason), there is no reason to add such a tier.

Many of the Pokemon in UUBL are also useable in OU in some form (Weavile, Venusaur on sun, Veil for Ninetails-A, Obstagoon, Crawdaunt, Diggersby as breakers, Primarina), even if they are not a top metagame choice.

Kalalokki

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sprite Leader
Hey, suggestion there !
Couldn't you just add a tier between OU and UU? There are like 20 pokemons in the middle tier and most of them arent fit for Overused nor legal in UU, so why not just create a intermediate tier?
Except UUBL isn't a tier, just a banlist filled with offensive threats. Since making a tier of such a banlist would require it to use other Pokémon from tiers below it to fill it out, as it can't use ones from OU, you essentially end up with a UU tier without anything banned. And since those in UUBL were banned for a reason, it would just end up terribly unbalanced. Would you need to create another banlist to balance that new tier out? It doesn't end well.

Is there any way to see past signatures / signature history? There's a few replays that I used to have in my signature that I do not seem to have kept elsewhere, so I was wondering if there's any way I could access them.

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Is there any way to see past signatures / signature history? There's a few replays that I used to have in my signature that I do not seem to have kept elsewhere, so I was wondering if there's any way I could access them.
You can also try searching for the replays on the replay site

Euphonos

inanod ng mga luha; damdamin ay lumaya.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
Good day, everyone!

I have never encountered a problem with my home internet connectivity until mid-April where my internet connection when using Pokemon Showdown has been acting oddly despite it acting normally when using other programs. It's definitely running, but the issue will be shown via this photo (I may be using an iPad right now at this point):

There are times that I got lucky that I use my home internet and then run Pokemon Showdown normally that I actually got logged in, but the issue is I eventually cannot switch nicknames. If I get disconnected, or get refreshed by accident, I will end up in that photo above, unless I'm going to use my mobile data (which I have done over the past few months). Apart from resetting the modem (which didn't work), are there other solutions to have this running normally?

hello :) I have a little problem to see my points in gen 7 OU, this message appears "Ladder (probably) updated, but score could not be retrieved (Response not received)".

I hope it's not what I'm thinking :/

Is my zacian hacked? It has perfect Ivs and is in a poke ball but it has hardy nature and it says it was met at tower summit and was level 70 when in was caught. I can’t tell if it’s hacked or not

I personally believe that if you are active on PS you should be able to request a tutor without having to post 35 messages.

Is my zacian hacked? It has perfect Ivs and is in a poke ball but it has hardy nature and it says it was met at tower summit and was level 70 when in was caught. I can’t tell if it’s hacked or not
Where did you get this mon? A random trade? Gts? It doesnt seem hacked as in illegal, but the chances that someone would SR for a perfect Iv mon and not use it is slim.

So I've been doing VGC for some time now, but I want to try out singles for a bit and wanted to know what would be a good starting tier? I kinda want to start in OU because of Libero Cinde but I don't think OU would be a good starting tier.

Jerry the great

Banned deucer.
Hey! I'd like to suggest a "newly posted thread" option, where you can in order see the most recently created threads. Not like it'd be useless either, tournament managers and people like them could likely have such benefit them. Besides, we already got a new post search, new profile post search and whatnot so why not this? That way, we can have more people contributing to threads.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)