Smogon Simple Questions & Suggestions Thread

monkfish

what are birds? we just don't know.
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
suggestions:
- it would be great if a mon's type resistances+weaks were made clear in its analysis page
- adding some kind of 'see similar' listing for certain moves. like, all trapping moves or all stat-increase moves etc
- virtualisation on the dex listings means that ctrl+f doesn't work; a builtin page find (rather than the global search) would be useful
- automated hyperlinks to moves/abilities/items/mons in descriptions throughout the dex
- speeds with positive/neutral natures should be shown on dex page and for each suggested moveset

Last edited:

Krytocon

I do things (sometimes)
is a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Hi, is there any way to have some text on the left side of your sig and an image on the right side of your sig (like my sig) but the image is at the same level as the text, and the text isnt interrupted at all? ive tried and i can't find it. Many thanks

Kalalokki

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sprite Leader
Hi, is there any way to have some text on the left side of your sig and an image on the right side of your sig (like my sig) but the image is at the same level as the text, and the text isnt interrupted at all? ive tried and i can't find it. Many thanks
No

I know Kalalokki said above this is not possible, but I believe using a chart means you can align one on one side and the other on the other side. It's not exactly what you want, but by resizing the image to match the text length, it should work out. It will just have the one bar in the middle separating them.

Question: Has there ever been a time when all Pokemon from a banlist were reintroduced into the tier they were banned from? For example, all of UUBL being allowed into UU after the meta had developed beyond the time the Pokemon were banned.

Would that even be feasible?

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Question: Has there ever been a time when all Pokemon from a banlist were reintroduced into the tier they were banned from? For example, all of UUBL being allowed into UU after the meta had developed beyond the time the Pokemon were banned.

Would that even be feasible?
Once.

This was back in Gen 4 and when it was current gen. Prior to, Pokemon were simply placed in [UU]BL if they felt too powerful. Once UU was more recognized as a tier, the [UU]BL Pokemon were introduced into the tier and then banned appropriately if they were too powerful.

This was a lot more due to a cultural / tiering change at the time.

In Gen 5 this was also done, sort of, for all non-box legendary Pokemon into OU. Long story short - clusterfuck of a mess. Imagine a tier where you could lead Deoxys-S into NP Darkrai. Not good times.

Ruft

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Leader
I have a suggestion; is it possible for the new generation 8 minisprites to be implemented with BB code, like has been done with the old minisprites?

For example, you can add the old Clefable minisprite to your post with :clefable: and get :clefable:, but I'd like there to be a similar method to add the new minisprites
, since they fall in line with the actual games and are much more aesthetically pleasing (in my opinion). Right now you have to grab them from another source like Serebii, but I (and I'm sure there are others too) would appreciate it if we could simply use a code like :ss-clefable: instead.

in a similar manner to the above post, can the :jynx: emote name be changed to something that doesn't get in the way of the actual jynx minisprite? it's always a bit jarring to see that emote in a viability ranking/compendium setting along with all the other traditional sprites
for example, from the current RBY viability rankings:
1592817484252.png

Kalalokki

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sprite Leader
I have a suggestion; is it possible for the new generation 8 minisprites to be implemented with BB code, like has been done with the old minisprites?

For example, you can add the old Clefable minisprite to your post with :clefable: and get :clefable:, but I'd like there to be a similar method to add the new minisprites
, since they fall in line with the actual games and are much more aesthetically pleasing (in my opinion). Right now you have to grab them from another source like Serebii, but I (and I'm sure there are others too) would appreciate it if we could simply use a code like :ss-clefable: instead.
I believe this is planned once those minisprites are uploaded and the whole sprite registry between both PS and Smogon is revamped, which is in progress.
in a similar manner to the above post, can the :jynx: emote name be changed to something that doesn't get in the way of the actual jynx minisprite? it's always a bit jarring to see that emote in a viability ranking/compendium setting along with all the other traditional sprites
for example, from the current RBY viability rankings: View attachment 256253
This is planned to be fixed as well

Hello, I just found this thread today and I want to ask a question that I already messaged a staff member, but got no response yet so far, because I think it makes more sense to ask here. A few years back I created an account under the name "dragicmagic." However, I'm pretty sure that I forgot the password to my account or I somehow completely forgot I had made an account before. Anyways, I made this account some time ago. I know it is not allowed to have multiple accounts. Is it possible for that account to be disabled or deleted? I have no intention of using my old account at all. Also, am I going to get an infraction for this? There was no malicious intent behind this, I never planned on signing up for tournaments with both accounts or anything like that.

Edit: Never mind, coincidentally The Dutch Plumberjack just responded while i was typing this and said he banned my old account.

DetectiveDaikon

formerly KantherTheCholricle
Why was Cancerous-T aka (Landorous-Therian Forme) never suspect tested and what would happen IF it was banned from OU.. would OU be better or worse? I need a competitive analysis.

Why was Cancerous-T aka (Landorous-Therian Forme) never suspect tested and what would happen IF it was banned from OU.. would OU be better or worse? I need a competitive analysis.
It was never suspect tested because it wasn't cancerous. It was used a ton because it could fill a lot of roles at once (electric immunity, ground immunity, rocker, scarfer, physical attacker, physical wall, pivot) so it could fit on a lot of teams. But its offensive and defensive answers (ice attacks, water attacks, strong special attackers in general, bulky grasses, ground immunities) are very common and would still be common even in Lando's absence. If your team loses to Lando, it's not because you failed to prep for some oppressive team building constraint. It's because your team is bad and likely loses to a ton of things, not just Lando.

KantherTheCholricle said:
Nonsense it was cancerous-T I literally saw it on every team its an annoying mon to face against and gamefreak is full of people who do not understand competitive logic and seeing Landorus's buffs make that obvious.. why does landorus get a decent buff but other pokemon don't U-Turn,Defog,Knock off,Stealth Rock its like a 3 ring circus goddamn gamefreak needs to let me and others take control.
So what if it's on every team? Answers to it are also on every team. Not in a "Water Absorb is everywhere because Vish is busted" kind of way. No one gets to the sixth mon and realizes "oh shit Lando wrecks me". Every good team handles Lando without even trying. Lando is popular because it can fill a lot of roles at once, and fill them pretty well. No outstandingly well, but pretty well. Being great at role compression isn't a good reason to ban something. Banworthy Pokemon warp the meta around themselves, force people to run niche mons whose sole purpose to avoid a 6-0 from the threat (cough Water Absorb) or are otherwise unhealthy for the meta. In a meta filled to the brim with outrageous offensive threats like Greninja, Kartana, Greninja again, Tapu Lele, Magearna, and Heatran, as well as sturdy defensive threats like Toxapex, Ferrothorn, Chansey, Magearna, and Heatran, covering everything with only six Pokemon while still having basic tools like Stealth Rock and Defog would be a Herculean task if Lando wasn't there to cover multiple bases at once. But with Lando, you have more freedom to run mons you want to run, and covering everything is only super hard as opposed to Herculean (gen 7 was a dumb meta full of things that probably should have been banned, but Lando is not one of those things).

It's fine to not like seeing Lando in every other game. But if that's your only reason for wanting it banned,
Nonsense, stop tapping the ban hammer on things you don't like its very silly

Also, if you're going to reply to someone, it's usually best to do so in the thread you're already in, or in a private message. Not on their wall.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 5)