Smogon Simple Questions & Suggestions Thread

Hey, I would like to suggest an option that allows you to paste a link or URL that you could use as your avatar. Let's say instead of having to download a file of an image just to use it as your avatar, you could simply copy the address of an image so that you could upload it without worries. I think this could be very useful and save some time. Thanks!

sawamura

Banned deucer.
Hey Everyone I need to know if the thread to make the name change in Pokémon Showdown is the same from Nicknames to smogon or, failing that, what requirements I have to acquire for it. I have the My Discord with the Nick from sawamura and as you can see here in Smogon Same. Please, I need help with this. I am somewhat lost with the information. The "sawamura" user hasn't been seen in a long time and he also has no Ladder Games.
And is Great Beatiful Use just "sawamura"

Light Sanctity

The Usurper
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Hey Everyone I need to know if the thread to make the name change in Pokémon Showdown is the same from Nicknames to smogon or, failing that, what requirements I have to acquire for it. I have the My Discord with the Nick from sawamura and as you can see here in Smogon Same. Please, I need help with this. I am somewhat lost with the information. The "sawamura" user hasn't been seen in a long time and he also has no Ladder Games.
Hi! Maybe this https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/new-new-name-and-profile-change-requests-read-the-op.3609246/ could help sorry if it isn’t.

Kalalokki

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sprite Leader
You usually need global voice or or badges to request an inactive name

bea

I COULD BEA BANNED!
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator
Ever since I namechanged I haven't been able to change my pfp. Is that normal or am I missing something

Cheezy

wokeuplikethis*
is a Top Tiering Contributor
If you get moderator approval to post in a forum, how do you do it? Do you post in the forum first, and then the mod writes that it is approved? Or do you post, and write in your post that the moderator approved it?

Oathkeeper

"Wait!" he says, do I look like a waiter?
is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
If you get moderator approval to post in a forum, how do you do it? Do you post in the forum first, and then the mod writes that it is approved? Or do you post, and write in your post that the moderator approved it?
The latter. This is what I have done with all my projects on here. I just put it in the upper left part of the beginning post in size 9 font as: approved by [insert TL or moderator here]

better swsh sprites
this is the grookey sprite if i put the :groookey: :ss/grookey:
and this is the sprite from serebii

the serebii sprite looks better overall. while the smogon one may move, it still has that weird black border thing
you could implement the moving sprite with the serebii borders

Kalalokki

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sprite Leader
better swsh sprites

the serebii sprite looks better overall. while the smogon one may move, it still has that weird black border thing
The reason we use the bordered versions is because we try to emulate the 3DS rendering, since that works better in a smaller format like what PS! uses. It also means they look more coherent with the old 3DS-style sprites that we already use.

better swsh sprites

Someone is currently working to render Gen 8 Pokemon in a true 3DS style, as opposed to just a super downscaled Switch style. Not sure when their work will be implemented, but once it is, that Grookey sprite will look much less ugly.

eu estou jogando na gen 7 OU com um time hyper offece e falta um pokemon, não sei o que colocar
os pokemons são:
skarmory
mimikyu
bisharp
greninja-ash
medicham-mega
alguma sugestão?

Oathkeeper

"Wait!" he says, do I look like a waiter?
is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
So this has been going on for a couple of weeks but I'm having trouble with it loading I left both tabs open to see if either would fully load for about 3 days and it didn't work. Every day I've gone back and it still didn't work, and I don't believe I've been banned or anything, so what could the issue be? Help please!

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 3)