Smogon Simple Questions & Suggestions Thread

where can i find tiering suggestions?
Pokemon can change tiers only by usage stats (which are here), quick bans, or suspect tests. Quick bans are done by tiering councils. Suspect tests are done in threads like this one, but unfortunately I don't think there's one place that has a list of all ongoing suspects. Councils occasionally post "on the radar" threads (like this one) where people can discuss whether something is worth suspecting.

I see this forum has lots of thingies and stuff I probably don't know. I want to improve my teambuilding, is there any teambuilding school/tutoring or whatevs that is open? Preferably with gen 8 in mind.

Oathkeeper

"Wait!" he says, do I look like a waiter?
is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
I see this forum has lots of thingies and stuff I probably don't know. I want to improve my teambuilding, is there any teambuilding school/tutoring or whatevs that is open? Preferably with gen 8 in mind.
Here's the forum for tutoring: https://www.smogon.com/forums/forums/battling-101.42/

Just bear in mind that openings aren't 100% always there. Be patient tho, they will open up again!

My Clefable used Wish, then fainted and Dragapult didn't get its HP restored. Is this the expected behaviour of Wish?

Turn 29
lisboa_pt has 30 seconds left.

The opposing Magneton used Thunderbolt!
(Clefable lost 67.8% of its health!)

Clefable used Wish!

Turn 30

The opposing Magneton used Thunderbolt!
(Clefable lost 22.8% of its health!)

Clefable fainted!
lisboa_pt has 30 seconds left this turn.

Go! Dragapult!

Turn 31

Fortesque90 withdrew Magneton!
Fortesque90 sent out Silvally (Silvally-Fire)!

Dragapult used Hex!
(The opposing Silvally lost 29% of its health!)

Turn 32

Dragapult used Hex!
(The opposing Silvally lost 16% of its health!)

The opposing Silvally fainted!

Fortesque90 sent out Magneton!

Lily

wouldn't that be fine, dear
is a Tutoris a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
UU Leader
My Clefable used Wish, then fainted and Dragapult didn't get its HP restored. Is this the expected behaviour of Wish?
yes, if your clefable had fainted the turn it used wish then dragapult would've gotten it (as long as it didn't faint too) but because your clefable fainted the turn it was supposed to receive the wish, the wish is just cancelled in general

sawamura

Banned deucer.
Determining your GXE is basically the percentage of profit you can achieve. The more wins in a row you get on the ladder, the higher your GXE. If you lose, it will obviously go down, represents your skills as a player

bea

I COULD BEA BANNED!
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator
Got Locked for atm because of lack of moderators
(If I'm wrong feel free to correct me)

hey uh i tried uploading a gif avatar of volcarona and on my end it came out really glitchy. i tried a gif of scizor to see what happened and its still glitching. is this just an issue on my end or do gifs not work rn?

sawamura

Banned deucer.
Try to download in MP4 mode and then use an Online To Gif converter and then Upload it to your Avatar. Surely you are entering an incorrect URL This page is Good for Charge the Gif Gifyu

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 7)