Smogon Simple Questions & Suggestions Thread

I straight up cited areas where you can in my previous posts, but ok.

Once again, my DMs are open if you want to discuss this further.
You've only mentioned cases of specific tiering decisions that the council of a particular metagame wants feedback on. Threads like those are not the place to discuss tiering policy as a whole, such as "how is Smogon going to adapt to DLC".

This may be deviating from the purpose of this thread, but given that the core of my and presumably Ortheore's argument is that there isn't any place for non-badged users to discuss this stuff outside of PMs, moving this discussion to PMs seems counterproductive.

Sorry, Quiet. You posted just as I was writing that last sentence.

EDIT: Actually, this isn't just the SQSA thread. It's also the Suggestion thread.

Suggestion: Add a Room Owner Badge

add a room owner badge with the idea of more easily identifying these users and giving them a form of recognition more easily.

Being a room owner is a great contribution to ps in general and I think it would be nice to give a form of recognition for it and also some users who want to talk to a room owner in smogon and they do not know who he is or how he appears in the forum

Kalalokki

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sprite Leader
Suggestion: Add a Room Owner Badge

add a room owner badge with the idea of more easily identifying these users and giving them a form of recognition more easily.

Being a room owner is a great contribution to ps in general and I think it would be nice to give a form of recognition for it and also some users who want to talk to a room owner in smogon and they do not know who he is or how he appears in the forum
No. A list of all ROs and their rooms can be found here.

roxie

https://www.youtube.com/@noxiousroxie
is a Tutoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
1603029167598.png

Heya I seen this in the OU room, I'm curious into knowing how exactly is this created? Is it like a command or a language or smthn

sawamura

Banned deucer.
First of all you have to be a good presence in that room to earn a promotion as a Voice that would be an initial rank. After that you will be climbing and being useful following the rules that they dictate. Another method is to demonstrate your quality in the competition and contribute to them in a positive way so you can be noticed to be able to climb.

+Voiced:award given to room user for good presence

%driver :by making yourself noticed and being in a good way you become Staff of the mentioned room with major permissions like Moderate with warns and muted

@moderated: you get other Permissions besides warn or Muted like making Ban that a user deserves for having broken the rules both internal and external due to reasons of the moment

#Owner: you simply have the right to modify the room to your liking and always with responsibility. He is the one who brings the full operation of it

After that comes the global ranges but all of this has a way of getting there. I invite you to be a good user with whom everyone can have someone to talk to and have fun with in a healthy way. If I make it to my Spanish room you can make it. Don't give up

DC

Kpop Main, No Brain
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
How do I earn a tier specific promotion (In my cause I want to be part of Ubers)?
Don't really know you mean by "a tier specific promotion" since you can be a part of the Ubers community without being promoted. Im going to assume that you were referring to Smogon positions like forum moderator and community leader which are given on a need-by-need basis and requires extensive and long-term contribution to that community. You can learn more about more about those through the Badge FAQ.
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/badge-faq.3644578/

Edit: I got sniped while writing this = (

Can somebody please help me with this weird issue?

I switched internet providers a while back and now I can't connect to Pokemon Showdown. Multiple devices failed to connect so I used a personal hotspot on my phone and my laptop connected right away. I've tested my internet speed and have no issue there. Does anybody know what is going on and how I can fix this?

Thank you.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor

I switched internet providers a while back and now I can't connect to Pokemon Showdown. Multiple devices failed to connect so I used a personal hotspot on my phone and my laptop connected right away. I've tested my internet speed and have no issue there. Does anybody know what is going on and how I can fix this?

Thank you.
Not sure if this applies but showdown automatically blocks VPNs from connecting. If you’re using a VPN on your PC then you have to switch it off.

sawamura

Banned deucer.

Thank you.
I had the same problem but I changed my IP and I could connect freely from my Access Point. I don't know if that can help you, but you don't lose anything trying

xzern

for sure
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
my good friend pokekids 2 how are you doing today?
Its Possible to Change a PFP To Teddiursa again?
change ur avatar by clicking on it in the options drop down or on ur profile, like so
1603936131037.png

you can delete your picture in the dialog that pops up, to go back to whatever bw sprite is on your account, if thats what you meant
1603936337766.png

Also Why is The Banned Deucer´s Account Deactivated?
this is the default message when someone is banned. it means that they were removed from the site and their profile isnt accessible

my good friend pokekids 2 how are you doing today?

change ur avatar by clicking on it in the options drop down or on ur profile, like so
View attachment 286088
you can delete your picture in the dialog that pops up, to go back to whatever bw sprite is on your account, if thats what you meant
View attachment 286089

this is the default message when someone is banned. it means that they were removed from the site and their profile isnt accessible
Why is he banned?

LouisCyphre

heralds disaster.
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
In the OP of this thread, I see that people are able to use SWSH-era large menu icons for mons instead of the dinkier ones (:pikachu: etc) that are called by :monname:. Are these available with a shortcut or is the user just manually pasting the better icons into the post?

Sijih

game show genius
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
In the OP of this thread, I see that people are able to use SWSH-era large menu icons for mons instead of the dinkier ones (:pikachu: etc) that are called by :monname:. Are these available with a shortcut or is the user just manually pasting the better icons into the post?
The url of the images in that post are hosted on imgur instead of on Smogon, so all of those images do seem to be coming from an external source.

If you want to know from where so that you can use the images yourself, then you can just get them from Serebii, like Dr Pumpkinz pointed out.

Last edited:
The url of the images in that post are hosted on imgur instead of on Smogon, so all of those images do seem to be coming from an external source.

If you want to know from where so that you can use the images yourself, then it seems that all the menu sprites of old mons are coming from this website, and all the ones for the new pokemon are coming from a place call "yakkun.com".
No idea how to navigate around Yakkun because I don't speak Japanese, but you can see the sprites which the Smogon thread used for a new mon on the Yakkun page for that mon (example, look at the tiny sprite above and to the left of the main one)

also sniped while writing :psycry:
Only the new mons are from imgur. The rest are from Serebii. And I'm not sure why they're from imgur, since Serebii also has the new mons.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 5)