Smogon Simple Questions & Suggestions Thread

Lily

wouldn't that be fine, dear
is a Tutoris a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
UU Leader
What are the requirements for having a custom title? I thought that you needed to have a badge but then I saw users like here and here that had custom titles without badges. I'm not hating or anything either; I'm just curious.
was typing this out anyway so just gonna use it as an add on to qq's post
one way to get an actually customisable custom title without a badge is to nitro boost the official smogon discord server, which can be done at discord.gg/smogon - i haven't done this personally but i'd imagine you can simply message a super moderator or discord leader once you're done and they'll be able to help you out

Band

scatters things often
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
How do i make any kind of contribution?
Also r there ppl who will help me make my contributions better?
Hi, and welcome to Smogon! There's many, and I mean MANY ways you can contribute. Listing all of them here would be impossible, but here are some you can do:
  • Write and/or grammar check analyses for Pokémon in the Contributions & Corrections forum (currently closed due to DLC, check with the respective Tier Leader for when they'll open them)
  • Write and/or grammar check Spotlights for Social Media.
  • Write and/or check articles for The Flying Press.
  • If you speak one of Portuguese, Italian, Spanish, German or Russian, you can help in the Translations forum (this is where I started hehe).
  • Create art for Smogon in the Smeargle's Studio. (this goes from making pixel art for new Pokémon sprites, to creating banners for Smogon tournaments, to creating avatars for articles like Judge-a-Pokémon-Express).
  • Code and program tools and helpful resources for Smogon in the Technical Projects forum
  • Write insightful posts on the many tier-specific threads.
  • Contribute to the Create-a-Pokémon (CAP) Project. Here, you, along with the community, will create a Pokémon entirely from scratch! From basic ideias to the full implementation of the new Pokémon into Pokémon Showdown!
  • Rate teams on the Rate My Team (RMT) forum.
  • Be an active, respectful and overall enjoybale presence both in the Forums and in Pokémon Showdown.
These are all the ways I can think of right now that you can contribute to Smogon. Its always nice to see users willing to contribute with the community, and we hope you have a nice experience here!

edit: Of course, by investing your time, you get awarded with different badges depending on what sections of the site you choose to contribute. The Smogon Badge FAQ lists all the badges one can get by contributing to Smogon.

Last edited:

Band

scatters things often
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Contact them. There's usually a guideline to follow when submitting a project. For article approvals, you have to ask for access to the Media HQ iirc.

ausma

token smogon furry
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Forum Leader
How do you get ur thread approved by a moderator?
In order to get threads approved in metagame forums, you generally need to be hosting a forum project or a tournament. For reference, we will probably never accept personal things such as RMTs or individual discussion threads regarding tiering policy or tiering decisions, as there are several other resources and means of which you can get help for them and create discussion about the metagame respectively.

If you ever have any questions regarding policies, projects, and decisions, the moderators of the various forums are always available as resources, and you are always free to shoot us PMs.

Have a lovely day!

Last edited:

Band

scatters things often
ok so with RMT I don't need to ask to add it but I need to follow the rules for it?
You don't need to ask but you have to follow the rules. You can post only one team for every 2 weeks and with at least 3 lines of description for every teammember. Check out the Rate My Team (RMT) forum for more information. They have everything there.

What you can't do, however, is post threads in forums like the UnderUsed subforum without moderator approval. Otherwise the subforum would be clogged with useless threads.

i left competitive batting during XY metagame and now i wanna try to catch up with SS
i have a 3ds but not a switch and im not planning to buy one just for SS
is there any way i could do it?

i left competitive batting during XY metagame and now i wanna try to catch up with SS
Pokemon Showdown is a helpful resource that enables the simulation of battles. They support the cart formats of BSS and VGC if that's what you're looking into. There's a link to PS at the upper bar. (it says "Play Online")

Smogon also has a section of the forums for these formats. (Listed under the Smogon Metagame section)

Pokemon Showdown is a helpful resource that enables the simulation of battles. They support the cart formats of BSS and VGC if that's what you're looking into. There's a link to PS at the upper bar. (it says "Play Online")

Smogon also has a section of the forums for these formats. (Listed under the Smogon Metagame section)
yeah i know about showdown, always used it back in the days
but the problem is that im so out of the meta that if i jump on a match on ps i will probably get to fight pokemon I never saw since the last generation i played is xy
guess only way to catch up is read threads

Band

scatters things often
You can sign up for the apprentice program for SS OU here as soon as they start accepting new tutees.
Reading threads is also an option. The thread with the METAGAME tag is where the discussions happen.
Reading through projects like Teambuilding Competition and SS OU Cores gives you some basic knowledge on what is popular now.

It can seem extremely overwhelming at the start, but you'll soon find your place here!

Is there any section like a resource post that shows every OU/UU mon per type? I'll make a brief example for just the Fire type. It would be used to help teambuilding so you can take an overall glance at OU/UU offensive threats by type (only offense/balance, not full walls).
And if there isn't, is there any forum topic where I could post one without it getting erased xD?

1607386214790.png

:Cinderace: boots
:Cinderace: LO
:heatran: magma storm
:heatran: specs eruption
:volcarona: QD
:blacephalon: specs
:blaziken: protect+3 attacks
:incineroar: bulky pivot
:victini: band vcreate
:rotom-heat: pivot
:volcanion: specs

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)