Smogon Simple Questions & Suggestions Thread

Irpachuza

You didn't get this far by giving up, did you?
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
Random Battle Lead
Confused about the chess room,

I wanna find out where this chess room is because it seems fun, but literally NO ONE wants to tell me where this is, if it's on teh discord, the main site, something different, I don't know. Could you please clarify where the room is?
You are looking for the Board Games room. Chess games are hosted there frequently and also there is a discord link in there. Also for further PS relate questions you should rather ask here

roxie

https://www.youtube.com/@noxiousroxie
is a Tutoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
What are the requirements to get a custom avatar or signature?
"Custom avatars are given to Global Staff members, contributors (coders and spriters) to Pokemon Showdown, and Smogon badgeholders at the discretion of Zarel. They are also sometimes given out as rewards for major events such as PSPL (Pokemon Showdown Premier League)." There is a requirement of course but that is private iirc.

You can edit your Signature in the Top Right by clicking on your name.

JT Yao

Banned deucer.
"Custom avatars are given to Global Staff members, contributors (coders and spriters) to Pokemon Showdown, and Smogon badgeholders at the discretion of Zarel. They are also sometimes given out as rewards for major events such as PSPL (Pokemon Showdown Premier League)." There is a requirement of course but that is private iirc.

You can edit your Signature in the Top Right by clicking on your name.
Thank you!

Band

scatters things often
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
The system can determine if someone has alts, right? What if I had a sibling who lived in the same house as me who got an account, would I be banned/infracted?

Quite Quiet

why fall in love when you can fall asleep
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TFP Leader
The system can determine if someone has alts, right? What if I had a sibling who lived in the same house as me who got an account, would I be banned/infracted?
If you do have a sibling/other family member who does sign up, contact any smod (like me) if/when it becomes an issue. We can usually resolve these situations when they happen. There are siblings who do use Smogon together without issue currently, so you're not going to be automatically banned on sight.

Is there a way to read previous versions (pre-Crown Tundra) of SwSh analyses? I'm just getting back into the game, I was last around in gen 5, and I'm trying to get an overview of the meta/common strategies.

Lily

wouldn't that be fine, dear
is a Tutoris a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
UU Leader
Is there a way to read previous versions (pre-Crown Tundra) of SwSh analyses? I'm just getting back into the game, I was last around in gen 5, and I'm trying to get an overview of the meta/common strategies.
You can scroll through the uploaded analyses archive if you really wanna see the old stuff, but if you're trying to learn the meta then it's probably best to read Crown Tundra analyses since the Isle of Armour meta isn't played anymore. You can find in-progress Crown Tundra analyses here.

Hi, my friend and I decided to create a Showdown server. It is hosted on his server but I am the one who will be sending him updated files (to add in formats, etc.) and he will mostly just focus on uptime. etc. Is it possible to co-own a server (the registration seems to be for a single person)? We both have showdown accounts that are years old. But my friend just made a Smogon account. If co-owning a serving is okay, will we have to wait until his account is a week old (my Smogon account is years old)? Thanks.

Is there any thread I can post my team in for members to give it a look and give feedback?
RMT is probably not appropriate since I don't think the team is very good at the moment, it needs a once-over by a few other people I think.

Band

scatters things often
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Is there any thread I can post my team in for members to give it a look and give feedback?
RMT is probably not appropriate since I don't think the team is very good at the moment, it needs a once-over by a few other people I think.
The RMT forum revolves around helping players with their teams regardless of their building skills. You can most definitely post there and RMTers will be happy to help you.

Does anyone else think the 1/4 HP berries should activate at 1/3 HP instead, now that they have been nerfed to heal only 33%? I feel like that's more of a fair risk/reward.
I know this isn't GF, but just something I was thinking of. IDK why they were nerfed in the first place.

Have there ever been any CAP attempts for Gen 3 OU (or something else similar to CAP)? I am interested in theorycrafting some stuff independently, so not officially CAP but I am curious to see how other players think. My favorite idea is creating a Fire/Grass pokemon. This would be great for scouting out the HP of Electrics

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)